Halo D20 Spartan-III program

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ok so i know there are like three diffrent Halo D20 forums but none of them really talk about the S-3s and with Halo Reach coming out all the local d20 players wanna be S-3s and for that i need stats.
What should i do?
Now keep in mind i have the S-2's stats:

Spartan II (Template)
"Spartan II" is a template that can be added to any human with Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores of at least 14.

Appearance: Increase height to 7 ft. (recalculate weight as needed); triple the character’s recalculated weight.
Challenge Rating: As character level +4
Level Adjustment: +6
Speed: Changed to 40 ft. (+10 ft. if it was higher then 30 ft. originally)
Attacks: Same as character
Special Qualities: A Spartan II retains all the special qualities of the character and gains the additional special qualities listed below.
Low-light Vision (Ex): Spartan II’s have low-light vision out to 60 ft.
Carbide Skeleton: Character receives +3 Massive Damage Save and –1 die to all falling damage (minimum of zero).
Enlarged Form: The Spartan II counts as being size Large whenever it is advantageous to him (ex. Carrying Capacity, Wielding Large Weapons, etc.) excluding Reach and Space. He still counts as being size Medium for all other purposes (ex. for Hide checks).
Saves: Same as character
Ability Scores: Spartan IIs gain the following ability score increases: +6 Str, +8 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis
Skills: Same as character, +8 species bonus on Spot checks.
Feats: Spartan template feats-Bonus Feats: Spartans receive the following feats upon completion of the Spartan project; if a Spartan already possesses a given feat they gain no additional benefits. The Spartan must possess all prerequisites to gain the bonus feat.
AP (Light), AP (Medium), AP (Powered), Combat Martial Arts, Endurance, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Advanced Firearms Proficiency, Burst Fire, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick reload, Run, Two Weapon Fighting,

Augmentations: As part of the Spartan II program, the trainees were augmented by both genetic engineering and sophisticated cybernetics. The process was excruciating; only half of the trainees survived the initial experiments. A character who wishes to become a Spartan II must make a succession of 25 successful Fortitude saving throws (DC 20). Each failed throw deals 1 point of Constitution damage to the subject, although it may be remade.
The above scores represent a condensed version of the template. The flavor text below describes which processes gift the Spartan II’s with their superhuman abilities. Also, even though several of the augmentations below are cybernetics, they are an intrinsic part of the Spartan II and therefore do not count against his maximum number of allotted cyber ware augmentations.

1. Carbide ceramic ossification: Advanced material grafting onto skeletal structure to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3 percent total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis.

Specific risk for pre- and near-post pubescent adolescents: skeletal growth spurts may cause irreparable bone pulverization.
Benefit: Subject’s weight triples and gains the benefit of +3 MDS, and –1 to all falling damage die (minimum of zero).
2. Muscular enhancement injections: Protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

Risk: 5 percent of test subjects experience a fatal cardiac volume increase.
Benefit: Subject receives a +6 bonus to Strength, and a +4 bonus to Constitution. It is with conjunction of the catalytic thyroid implant that the subject receives similar benefits to those provided by the Enlarged Form mutation; only that the Spartan II counts as being size Large whenever it is advantageous to him (ex. Carrying Capacity, Wielding Larger Weapons, etc) excluding Reach and Space. He still counts as being size Medium for all other purposes (ex. for Hide checks).
3. Catalytic thyroid implant: platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues.

Risk: rare instances or elephantiasis. Suppressed sexual drive.
Benefit: Subject grows to a massive 7 feet in height, and his increased muscular strength improves his speed to 40 ft. (+10 ft. if it was higher). Weight is recalculated as needed. This augmentation acts in tandem with the muscular enhancement injections to provide most of the Spartan II template’s benefits.
4. Occipital capillary reversal: submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of subject’s retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

Risk: retinal rejection and detachment. Permanent blindness.
Benefit: Subject receives low-light vision 60 ft. and a +8 species bonus on Spot checks.
5. Superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites: alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject’s reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity.

Risk: significant instances of Parkinson’s disease and Fletcher’s syndrome.
Benefit: Subject receives +8 Dex and +2 Int +2 Wis.

Something to remember about S3's is that their strengths vary somewhat between "batches". In addition, they also are not quite as powerful as S2's (mostly as I recall due to the fact that they weren't as-close-to-perfect-as-possible genetic specimines. What that really means is that while your players will roll/pointbuy/whatever, S2's get 16+1d2 on all their starting stats). I dunno if they are as tall, either.

SPOILER: The last generation of S3's effectively received the Tough Hero's Remain Conscious ability, possibly as well as a second ability that has them remain alive until -1(con score). As evidenced by Dante's death near the end of Ghosts of Onyx.

Another thing to note is what sort of S2's are your friends playing? Have they been through their cannonfodder mission yet? If they have, then they'll probably make like most S2's and salvage gear to modify their armor. Otherwise they're kinda stuck with the chamelion stuff.
My Deviant Art What the heck is Master_Vega actually working on, anyway? The D20/Haul project. Projects on the back burner (not actively designing, but still taking ideas): 1. D10-based in-depth tactical game (post-apoc) Making classes/adjusting weapon stats. If you have any questions or comments on my projects, please PM me. I'd like to hear what you have to say.
From what I remember reading of my Halo paperback books Spartan III's were for all intents and purposes Spartan II's except for the following

1. no MJOLNIR armor, no shields
2. S-III's get the fancy stealth camou light recon armor instead www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Spartan_III_Stealt...(D20_Modern_Equipment)
3. Spartan III's had a chem cocktail done to them where they would ignore severe pain such as arms getting cut off, severe plasma burns resulting in massive bloodloss.

If you need statted weapons, armor, NPC races, vehicles then www.dandwiki.com/wiki/D20_Modern has a lot already done but you will have to search through the Equipment/etcetera and they seen to be modding the site again and things may not be there like vehicles is AWOL right now

I do believe on my flashdrive I have the weapons and vehicles along with the spartan template from there

EDIT:  Just checked my flashdrive and I have weapons, equipment, vehicles, and the spartan II template from the dandwiki site

EDIT 2:  Here is the main campaign link www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Halo_(D20_Modern_Campaign_Setting) where everything is at that I don't have which is covenent races for NPC's

EDIT 3: The following are links I use for my own homebrew Halo endeavors

halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_armor

halo.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_VI%28A%29_MJOLN...

halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program

halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-III

halo.wikia.com/wiki/Semi-Powered_Infiltr...

halo.wikia.com/wiki/Body_Suits

From what I remember reading of my Halo paperback books Spartan III's were for all intents and purposes Spartan II's except for the following

1. no MJOLNIR armor, no shields
2. S-III's get the fancy stealth camou light recon armor instead www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Spartan_III_Stealt...(D20_Modern_Equipment)
3. Spartan III's had a chem cocktail done to them where they would ignore severe pain such as arms getting cut off, severe plasma burns resulting in massive bloodloss.

If you need statted weapons, armor, NPC races, vehicles then www.dandwiki.com/wiki/D20_Modern has a lot already done but you will have to search through the Equipment/etcetera and they seen to be modding the site again and things may not be there like vehicles is AWOL right now

I do believe on my flashdrive I have the weapons and vehicles along with the spartan template from there

EDIT:  Just checked my flashdrive and I have weapons, equipment, vehicles, and the spartan II template from the dandwiki site

EDIT 2:  Here is the main campaign link www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Halo_(D20_Modern_Campaign_Setting) where everything is at that I don't have which is covenent races for NPC's

EDIT 3: The following are links I use for my own homebrew Halo endeavors

halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_armor

halo.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_VI%28A%29_MJOLN...

halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program

halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-III

halo.wikia.com/wiki/Semi-Powered_Infiltr...

halo.wikia.com/wiki/Body_Suits

spartan 3s were vastly inferior to spartan 2s. they didnt have half the physical augmentations the 2s possessed. also their training was expedited. in a straight fight no armor a 2 would be able to take 3 or 4 of the spartan3s no problem. the spartan 3s chem cocktail only kept them going that extra mile, it didn't save them from death. if you read the books really closely you'll notice that it actually gets them killed. like the spartan 3 that was shot up with the needler and blown apart more or less, he COULD have lived if they had the medical equipment to keep him alive. he kept fighting though and made his injuries completely unfixable. point being, 3's arent half the spartans 2s are. not even close
Sign In to post comments