triggered actions missing triggers

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Maybe I missed this but some or more of the monsters in my copy are missing the description for their triggered actions.  It tells what they do but not what actually triggers the action.  Anybody else having this issue?

Joe

Arctic Sahuagin Raider    Level 11 Soldier
Medium natural humanoid (aquatic)    XP 600
HP 112; Bloodied 56
AC 27; Fortitude 24; Reflex 23; Will 22
Speed 5 (7 on a charge, icewalk), swim -1 (7 on a charge)
Initiative +11
Perception +8
Low-Light Vision
Traits
Blood Frenzy
The arctic sahuagin raider gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls and a +2 bonus to damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
Standard Actions
m Trident (cold, weapon) • At-Will
Attack: +18 vs. AC; +19 against a bloodied target
Hit: 1d8 + 5 (1d8 + 7 to a bloodied target) damage plus 1d8 cold damage, and the target is marked until the end of the arctic sahuagin raider’s next turn.
R Javelin (weapon) • At-Will
Attack: Ranged 10/20; +18 vs. AC; +19 against a bloodied target
Hit: 2d6 + 5 (2d6 + 7 to a bloodied target) damage.
Triggered Actions
M Opportunistic Strike (cold, weapon) • At-Will
Effect (Immediate Reaction): The arctic sahuagin raider makes a melee basic attack against the enemy.
M Sliding Strike (cold, weapon) • At-Will
Effect (Immediate Interrupt): The arctic sahuagin raider shifts 7 squares adjacent to the triggering enemy, and makes a melee basic attack against that enemy.
Str 20 (+10)    Dex 14 (+7)    Wis 12 (+6)
Con 14 (+7)    Int 10 (+5)    Cha 10 (+5)
Alignment chaotic evil     Languages Abyssal
Equipment trident x2
Monster found in Dungeon Magazine 165 and Compendium

© 2010 Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. This formatted statistics block has been generated using the D&D Adventure Tools.

Usage details and triggers seem to not be saving at all.
Action Points - Tips and ideas for 4e D&D DMs and players. Extended Rest - The unpublished stories of heroism.
I don't have this problem - when I copied the same monster as text, I got the trigger condition. Is it only if you make changes or save a monster?

Edit: ah, indeed it is. Saving the monster wipes out the triggers. It also caused the MB to crash on me, so that's awesome. :D 
I will second this.
Saved monsters lose a lot of information.
Speed, Recharge, triggers. THat might be all, but I'm not sure.
Viva La "what ever version of D&D you are playing right now!"
Thirding this, adding in the numerical values of Vulnerabilities and Resistances, and Requirements for powers.

I had to re-edit and re-save a custom monster multiple times to make all of the above, and triggers for trigger actions, "stick".
Planes Wanderer
I'll have to take a closer look at this myself later tonight.  I haven't noticed it, but I did notice some existing (non-custom) monsters lost their trigger information in the update to the new format.
There goes my plans.  I was getting ready to start updating all my monsters to the new format.  Also, why is it outputting the image at 320 px wide instead of the 483 px it used to be?
I found that if there's data missing (trigegrs, resistance values, etc.) you can fix it by deleting the old entry and putting it back in.  Then it will stay.

Obviously that works well for custom monsters.  If it's missing in MM monsters than WotC needs to fix that.
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf
PLEASE fix this! MANY monsters dont have the triggers anymore! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE it defeats the purpose!
How do you even add triggers to attacks?  I've never had to before and now with triggers disappearing it seems like a good think to learn.

Nevermind, figured it out.  For some reason I either didn't notice, or the Trigger box didn't appear before...weird.
I too have these issues...Just adding my 2 cp.

Specifically noticed Recharge/Triggered Actions for a saved custom monster based off of a standard.
bump
They loose resistances too.

/bump 
and sometimes fly speeds, auras, recharges, triggers, etc etc had to change 4 or 5 things on ONE monster, and even when you manually go in and change, the stat block doesnt change to the edits soooooo

HUGE BUMP PLEASE FIX THIS THING, ITS GETTING RIDICULOUS
Bump.

Fortunately I submitted this to customer service over a month ago, and when I check the status on my question it claims to be "solved".

Between the fact that they haven't mailed me any solutions and that they haven't updated and that they haven't done anything else about it I'm not sure just how this qualifies as solved. But it must be. Reference number 100804-000053 clearly SAYS it's solved.

In addition to everything else mentioned, as far as I can tell changes to equipment simply don't show up on the stat block until you close adventure tools and reopen it.