Is wizards just having dificulties or what?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

I don't know whats going on, but i always seem to get shafted when it comes to player rewards. just recently i was supposed to recieve 75 points worth of player rewards, insted i got 20 points worth. Before that i was supposed to get 40 points worth of rewards but in turn got nothing(which is why i had so many point for this mailing). i don't know what the problem is but when wizards isn't busy not sending me all my point worth(everyone else i know gets all their points worth) they're not sending anything at all. for example i was supposed to get at least 4 foil cryptic commands(another mass amount of points due to them not sending anything) and insted only got 2. on top of that i had taken a break from magic for about a year and had enough points left over to to continue to recieve player rewards with foils for the whole year(no more then 20 points worth per mailing). i'm not sure whats going on but i either get less then i should or none at all. i understand that players rewards is "free"(i'm playing tourny fees, so its not really free at all), but if they don't have the ability to create enough of the cards and keep up with the mailings then why even bother with it at all?

I'm sure that someone else is having this problem as well.

also, i've been hearing something about wizards having run out of foil textless lightning bolts(stupidest PR foil ever) and that they're going to be sending out 2 foil cryptics per ligthning bolts owed. i think this is a bunch bull, but is there actually any truth in this?

There seems to be some confusion in how the MPR Program works.  You can't save up points to be dulled out over the course of the year, they send it all out at once.  So if you have 75 points saved up you should get 3 foils and 15 textless card packs.  If they fail to ship some stuff to you for one reason or another they will usually make it up in the next mailing.  If you have reason to believe that what you have received is less than you have earned, you should contact Customer Service and explain the situation.  (Just Select "WPN Players" and "Rewards Inquiry" from the drop down menus.)

I understand your sentiments regarding not being able to keep up with the amount of players qualifying for Player Rewards.  I believe that Wizards has had some production issues with Rewards stuff recently (specifically, I'm thinking of plastic DCI cards), and has had to try and catch up.  My speculation on the current issues is that we have had a huge influx of new and returning magic players and it has caught them by surprise.  I do not feel that Wizards will remain behind the ball on this for very long.

also, i've been hearing something about wizards having run out of foil textless lightning bolts(stupidest PR foil ever) and that they're going to be sending out 2 foil cryptics per ligthning bolts owed. i think this is a bunch bull, but is there actually any truth in this?

I haven't heard about this; perhaps someone else will have answer to this question.
~James Fields T.O. & Judge. Check out the New Tournament Organizer's Handbook.
Sign In to post comments