DDi Tools.

292 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey everyone, your friendly neighborhood Online Community Coordinator here with a quick update about DDi.

I know A LOT of you are wondering what's going on with DDi tools as of lately. Well I can't say much, but I can say that there ARE some things being worked on, and I personally have gotten to see, test, and play with some of these things.

Unfortunately that's all the information I am able to give as of now until I've been given the "All Clear" to talk more openly about what we're working on.

And as soon as I get that, I'll let you know.

Michael Robles
Online Community Coordinator
Wizards of the Coast
Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles
I give you the "All Clear" to talk about these things.
I give you the "All Clear" to talk about these things.

Hey thanks. Well then 1st off I want to sa-HEYWAITAMINUTE!!!
Thanks for the feedback. Can you at least tell us yes or no if these are new tools?
Hey everyone, your friendly neighborhood Online Community Coordinator here with a quick update about DDi.

I know A LOT of you are wondering what's going on with DDi tools as of lately. Well I can't say much, but I can say that there ARE some things being worked on, and I personally have gotten to see, test, and play with some of these things.

Unfortunately that's all the information I am able to give as of now until I've been given the "All Clear" to talk more openly about what we're working on.

Michael Robles
Wizards of the Coast

Ah, teasing us eh?

Nonetheless, I appreciate the fact that someone is letting us know at least that things are in the works.  I was beginning to doubt that fact.  Thanks.

*grumble*

So I tell you that there are tools being worked on, and no-one believes me.

Then Michael comes in here, says pretty nmuch the same thing, and just because he works at WotC, you believe him??

Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
*grumble*

Then Michael comes in here, says pretty nmuch the same thing, and just because he works at WotC, you believe him??

Pretty much. 

looks for button which lets him shock people through internet.

Mudbunny SVCL for DDI Before you post, think of the Monkeysphere
looks for button which lets him shock people through internet.

It's right next to the "Free Pony" key.

*grumble*

I believed you. I even clapped.

Wait.

That's for fairies.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you at least tell us yes or no if these are new tools?

I think we can infer from his post that they are new tools. Or at least a new tool.

I think we can infer from his post that they are new tools. Or at least a new tool.

*Quickly runs back to check initial post to see if the phrase "New Tools" were anywhere in there.*

*Quickly runs back to check initial post to see if the phrase "New Tools" were anywhere in there.*

No, you did not say New Tools. But if you are testing stuff, I would hope that you are testing new tools, and not tools we already have, since those are working. That's were I am infering it might be new tools.

I would have to say, I would be dissappointed to hear that the next thing we get is a new and improved Monster Builder. I really am looking forward to the next tool, to help me in my game prep.
Alternately...can you tell us if there will be more information (like an announcement of something) at Gen Con or at least some real info on what's being worked on and when we'll see it?

Michael Robles
Wizards of the Coast

THANK YOU!
Appreciate you sharing a wee bit with us.
I was beginning to wonder as well.
Thanks to you as well Mudbunny! 

Alternately...can you tell us if there will be more information (like an announcement of something) at Gen Con or at least some real info on what's being worked on and when we'll see it?

That falls under the "have to wait for an all clear".

Well, can you tell us when you will have an "all clear"?

he he he.

he he he.

As soon as I know, you guys will know shortly after.

he he he.

Can we try guessing and then watch your face for a reaction, that like accidently gives it away. Then it's not like you told us, we guessed it.

I'm guessing...a Mapper.

Can we try guessing and then watch your face for a reaction, that like accidently gives it away. Then it's not like you told us, we guessed it.

I'm guessing...a Mapper.

Sealed

I'm guessing...a Mapper.

Now to test this with something I know we aren't getting.

Ponies! We are all getting real life ponies!

Sealed
Oh you are good!

I'm guessing...a Mapper.

Its the My Little Pony tool for DDi. You can now use stats for all your favorite My Little Pony characters from Hasbros My Little Pony line.  Wink

he he he.

I'm guessing...a Mapper.

A mapper is what I am hoping for.  But even if its not that, I am hoping it will be something new in any case.  If we have waited over a year for nothing more than a few new bells and whistles for the Monster Builder, I will be annoyed.

I had a negative post ready to go about the lack of substance in anything here but I'll stay opptomistically neutral.
Please wotc let this be substantial and not a sad joke of an update.
I had a negative post ready to go about the lack of substance in anything here but I'll stay opptomistically neutral.

Yes, this post is just absolutely overflowing with neutrality.  I can feel the optimism.

Celebrate our differences.

Michael Robles
Wizards of the Coast

What I love about this post is that it talks in multiples "some things being worked on", "play with some of these things".

Now, obviously it doesn't mean we're going to get 3 tools dropping next week, but it stil make me a bit happier about DDi than I was before I read the post. Smile
Can you see how a little bit of official information (even if it's no info at all) can make the community happy?
Yes when someone from WOTC comes here and tells the customers something it shows they want to be more in touch with the customer base. This is always a good thing.
Nothing against Mudbunny or other VCLs. 

Yes, this post is just absolutely overflowing with neutrality.  I can feel the optimism.

Asking for a real update is negative?

I'm opptomistic that after all these months of silence and no real advancement of the tools that wotc will have something big to tell us.
Its certainly less then blind fanboyism where wotc can do no harm yet not as bad as blind nerd rage that still holds wotc accountable for the ad at the back of the PHB1.
Call it what you will.
I have removed content from this thread because trolling/baiting is a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code of Conduct here: wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg...  
Keep your fingers crossed and remain positive everyone! Maybe this thread did some good:
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

We need to keep telling WotC about our concerns, just remember to be constructive when voicing them - and maybe we will get more feedback!

Anyhow, congratz to the DDI team for at least letting us know they are alive and working on the DDI software. I can't wait for the big news.
Sign me up for some tentative optimism.

"We are working on tools, we just can't say whether they are new tools or updates of old tools" is always, in my opinion, better than "We can't tell you whether we are working on tools or not".

My approach to the NPCs of previous editions.

Show
I always saw the High Level NPCs as shepherds of the Realms not its defenders. Making sure that not too many sheep were lost as they milled around (as they are wont to do) and bringing on the young'uns into the job. In that way a shepherd never has time to go and hunt down all of the wolves but is pretty dashed effective at keeping them away from the sheep when they rear their heads.
"It was a puzzle why things were always dragged kicking and screaming. No one ever seemed to want to, for example, lead them gently by the hand." - Terry Pratchett
Wow, wasn't expecting to find this thread.

Thank you Mike and WotC for the update! I can't wait to see what's coming.

People will always complain - that WotC never gives updates, that their updates are not good enough, etc. - but I hope this is an indication that WotC is responding to the community's calls for better communication, specifically about DDi, and that they are not discouraged by the inevitable belly-aching. Anyway...

Thanks again for the update, WotC!

People will always complain - that WotC never gives updates, that their updates are not good enough, etc. - but I hope this is an indication that WotC is responding to the community's calls for better communication, specifically about DDi, and that they are not discouraged by the inevitable belly-aching. Anyway...

We are listening, reading and seeing the calls for better communication. Part of the reason we can only say certain things is because there are other factors that prevent us from saying too much. It's just how things work. We don't want history to repeat itself. Laughing
just testing the water but...how much is too much? Wink
just testing the water but...how much is too much?

Not *that* much Laughing

Paolo Marcucci "Building better worlds"

We are listening, reading and seeing the calls for better communication. Part of the reason we can only say certain things is because there are other factors that prevent us from saying too much. It's just how things work. We don't want history to repeat itself.

Coming from a long-time DDi frustratee, I have to say this is exactly the sort of thing I've wanted to have. It's nice to hear from the mothership - the fact that you have made this post means that there is important information you want to drop but can't, which makes us all squee a little because it probably means something big.

Of course, we'll be disappointed if the news is, say, AT getting updated with new monsters, but even then, bad news is better to me than no news. It's a lot like reading a webcomic - the dreaded "personal issues" are the bane of many a webcomic fan, but as long as the occasional ping yields a pong, we'll accept and move on. On the other hand, a comic that appears stranded just sucks for everybody involved.
Ok.  I'm preparing for the flames. 

I just want to let you know that I'm glad you're "making the effort", so to speak but...

I'll believe it when I see it.  Nothing against anyone here or anyone who is excited about the possibility of new tools from Wizards, because I really want to believe you as well.  But, too much has been said, and theres been several occasions where it seems like we've had this news just to kind of "shut us up" for a wee bit.

I'm not saying I don't outright think you're lying, but I'm saying I don't think I can take your word for it.

I'll believe it when I see it...

We are listening, reading and seeing the calls for better communication. Part of the reason we can only say certain things is because there are other factors that prevent us from saying too much. It's just how things work. We don't want history to repeat itself.

It might help people understand why, if you could explain some of those factors.

For example, I understand you don't want to repeate history. But outside of that, what other factors are there?
Sign In to post comments