Magic 2011: Best Multiplayer Cards

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay, the full set has been spoiled on this site, prerelease is less than 48hrs away, and you're probably having to live under a rock to avoid seeing the cards in the new M11 set. Time for this thread!

As per usual, the rules are:
1. Tell me the card in the new M11 set that you think will impact your multiplayer environment the most, and/or makes your inner multiplayer deckbuilder go 'SQUEE!!'.
2. I will tally them here. Card with the most votes is judged the best.

The Tally
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Votes: Wild Evocation
4 Votes: Conundrum Sphinx
Fire Servant
Stormtide Leviathan
3 Votes: Mitotic Slime
2 Votes: Blood Tithe
Chandra's Spitfire
Elixir of Immortality
Gaea's Revenge
Grave Titan
Leyline of Anticipation
Liliana's Caress
Primeval Titan
Reassembling Skeleton
Vengeful Archon
1 Vote:   Angelic Arbiter
Cultivate
Ember Hauler
Fauna Shaman
Hunters' Feast
Inferno Titan
Leyline of Punishment
Leyline of Sanctity
Mass Polymorph
Necrotic Plague
Overwhelming Stampede
Sun Titan
Time Reversal
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
... and in accordance with the secret Rule #3, I get to vote first. ;)

Honorable mentions to Serra Ascendant, Sun Titan, Mass Polymorph, Stormtide Leviathan, Captain Reasskemblington, Primeval Titan and Crystal Ball, which are all going to see play in my group, and are all very, very good. But my vote gets split between two uncommons here:

1. Fire Servant. This card is going to singlehandedly turn red decks on their heads in my playgroup. We've tinkered with Furnace of Rath before, but the chance of having the effect come back to bite us has turned a lot of us off. This guy is a one-sided Furnace. Sign me up, baby! One of those cards that is going to look inocuous until I have two or three on the board, and Rolling Thunder the entire playgroup to death in a turn. Sneaky good.

2. Elixir of Immortality. Recursion is gold in multiplayer. I am probably guilty of building decks that even put recursability ahead of card advantage. That said, recursion outside of green and black has always been harder. We've relied on one-shots like Feldon's Cane for a while. This card had me at "Reusable Feldon's Cane". The five life pushes it over the top.

I have to go with Grave Titan. All of the titans are amazing, but the fact that you get 3 bodies is what seals it for me. It's one of those cards that forces mass removal by itself, and is in the color that has plenty of revival. It also trades with anything, and is just plain a massive beater. 10 power for 6 mana in black is pretty spectacular after all. I cannot wait to get a set of those badboys.
My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies
I have to go with Grave Titan. All of the titans are amazing, but the fact that you get 3 bodies is what seals it for me. It's one of those card that forces mass removal by itself, and is in the color that has plenty of revival. It also trades with anything, and is just plain a massive beater. 10 power for 6 mana in black is pretty spectacular after all. I cannot wait to get a set of those badboys.

Have to agree there - he was the guy that almost made my honorable mention list. I just didn't want to overload it with Titans. The deathtouch really seals the deal for this guy, though. I can forsee him swinging to produce zombies, and still getting through for six to the face because no-one wants to block him.

Leyline of Anticipation and Leyline of Sanctity look really solid too.

Obviously the Titans are all bombs, but I can't argue with you about your two uncommon picks.  I'm not a Feldon's Cane sort of player myself, but there are certainly guys in my playgroup who are.  And Fire Servant is effectively a powerful engine card.  What really pushes these two over the top is their uncommon status - everyone who wants them will be able to get ahold of as many copies as they need.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...

Leyline of Anticipation and Leyline of Sanctity look really solid too.

Obviously the Titans are all bombs, but I can't argue with you about your two uncommon picks.  I'm not a Feldon's Cane sort of player myself, but there are certainly guys in my playgroup who are.  And Fire Servant is effectively a powerful engine card.  What really pushes these two over the top is their uncommon status - everyone who wants them will be able to get ahold of as many copies as they need.

Is that a vote for the Leylines and the uncommons? ;)

Tell you what.  Instead of trying to guess what the best card for multiplayer is, I'll just vote for my favorite card - Mitotic Slime.  Certainly not the strongest, but it's the coolest.  Just watch out for White and Blue players.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...

Tell you what.  Instead of trying to guess what the best card for multiplayer is, I'll just vote for my favorite card - Mitotic Slime.  Certainly not the strongest, but it's the coolest.  Just watch out for White and Blue players.

Sold! I'm sure you wouldn't mind the blue players bouncing the Slime! ;)

The biggest impact?  Despite a large number of options that are going to pop up every-which-where, the answer's pretty simple: Inferno Titan.  Myself and two others in my playgroup(s) are very vocal about wanting to use it (myself in a u/R deck using it, Bogardan Hellkite, Cunning Sparkmage, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Trinket Mage and Basilisk Collar -- my girlfriend is incorporating it into a mono red board control deck -- another friend in any number of burn-heavy decks).
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

Chandra's Spitfire-Will effect my MP group the most. As an uncommon, it will be fairly easy to get a hold of (i think). It has evasion, and was designed with MP in mind. Who doesn't like swinging for 13 damage in the air after Earthquaking for 1, and then Flinging it at an opponent.
Most Fun card votes would be either Necrotic Plague, Wild Evocation, Conundrum Sphinx.

Some newer staples I expect to see in multiplayer are Blood Tithe, Diminish, Liliana's Specter, Cultivate, Garruk's Companion, Plummet, Crystal Ball

For White, the best card is probably Sun Titan. This card can go in any deck with white mana. It is big enough to make a dent in players, has Vigilance so you can ward off attacks, and is a card advantage engine giving you back any of your permanents that cost 3 CMC or less (Aura of Silence, Story Circle, Solitary Confinement, Jester's Scepter, Oblivion Stone, Angelic Renewal, etc.).
Knight Exemplar is a new lord with a powerful ability that comes in a close second as he can protect your armies from WoG type effects (but not Nausea/Hallowed Burial effects). I kind of think that Serra Ascendant is going to backfire in multiplayer. It is too easy to get 30+ life, so once you create a deck using Serra Ascendant, anytime you drop a Plains all your Soul Warden[/]s will be killed immediately and your opponents will try everything in their power to reduce your life total as fast as they can. The point of lifegain in MP is to discourage your opponents from trying to removing you from the game. Cards like Serra Ascendant force them to remove you so that you won't become a threat later. <a class="xbbcode-spoiler-toggle" href="#" data-spoiler-hide="Hide">White</a> [c]Ajani's Mantra-Not impressive in any way. This might gain you 4-7 life before it gets Fracturing Gusted out of the game or you get eliminated. White has much better lifegain. Ajani's Pridemate-Average. 2 for a 2/2 isn't bad. I expect this to get paired with Soul Warden variants, and then it might be pretty impressive. This card is similar in vein to Tauren Mauler in that it appears more frightening than it really is.
Angelic Arbiter-Interesting ability, may get you hated out of the game. At 7 CMC, this isn't coming out early without some sort of reanimation strategy. I'm not that impressed overall. Assault Griffin-Filler
Cloud Crusader-Filler
Inspired Charge-Filler
Knight Exemplar-New Lord. Powerful ability. I expect this to see play.
Leyline of Sanctity-A free version of Ivory Mask. I don't think that you usually see many spells targeted at your head early enough in the game that you care that Solitary Confinement/True Believer/etc. cost some mana to cast. LoS does have the interesting ability that it doesn't stop you from targeting yourself (Congregate), but I don't think this is a big enough difference that it will make a bigger impact than the other cards of its ilk have yet to make.
Mighty Leap-Filler. An instant version of the Angelic Blessing template. Might make for some interesting combat tricks.
Roc Egg-Red shifted card that costs less and is slightly weaker. Not bad, but nothing to write home about.
Serra Ascendant-With Soul Wardens being so prevailent in multiplayer, I would expect that it wouldn't be too difficult to get to 30 life and then Armageddon with a significant threat on the board.
Squadron Hawk-Another possible addition to a Birds deck that wants to let their birds die to get counters on Soulcatcher's Aerie. This card is probably better than Welkin Hawk because it actually gives you card advantage.
Sun Titan-CA engine, Vigilance, 6/6 for 6 CMC. Yeah it's good.  
Tireless Missionaries-Filler Vengeful Archon-I like the payback ability on this creature. I don't think it will make that much of an impact on the MP table because this can't hit creatures, but it can hold off small armies that can't do more damage to you than you have mana to prevent.
War Priest of Thune-A Monk Realist at uncommon (well slightly different because of the "may"), yuck.

Budget EDH:EDH on $20 a Deck. Join the Group

Vengeful Archon-I like the payback ability on this creature. I don't think it will make that much of an impact on the MP table because this can't hit creatures, but it can hold off small armies that can't do more damage to you than you have mana to prevent.

Don't forget the side benefit - you and an opponent can team up to use the ability against a second opponent who couldn't be effectively attacked otherwise.  I once had an opponent with the Chronomantic Escape lock going, so we couldn't attack him.  I played a Stuffy Doll with his name on it; rather than holding back with it on defense, I attacked one of the other players, who, of course, blocked with all of his creatures.  Wham!  Vengeful Archon can do the same sort of thing.
My Decks
Tournament Decks (4)
Based on the amount of Megrim.dec threads I see around these forums (and there's a guy in my group who runs one, too), I think Liliana's Caress is going to see the most play of any card from M11. Even if this card only replaces Megrim on a one-for-one basis, I expect to see it a lot. It's a shame, because 1) I don't care for Megrim, and 2) it's nothing that's really new. 

My favorite card from M11 is Reassembling Skeleton. However, I doubt it will have the same popularity as Megrim 2.0. 

1. Fire Servant. This card is going to singlehandedly turn red decks on their heads in my playgroup. We've tinkered with Furnace of Rath before, but the chance of having the effect come back to bite us has turned a lot of us off. This guy is a one-sided Furnace. Sign me up, baby! One of those cards that is going to look inocuous until I have two or three on the board, and Rolling Thunder the entire playgroup to death in a turn. Sneaky good.

I already have a place for a Fire Servant.  My Hostility deck already runs a pair of Furnaces because it makes things silly.  However, Fire Servant is an elemental, and thus is tutorable with Flamekin Harbinger which I also run as a tutor for the Hostility itself. 

Better chance to draw it when I need it.  And, oh yeah, it only affects me and can't be used against me. 

PS:  This is not a vote post, just a support post.  I'll put up a vote post here soon enough.
My votes for top multiplayer card in M11 are going to be effects that bring something new and exciting to multiplayer, and not just cards that are good in any format (Baneslayer) or are variations of format staples (Day of Judgement).

White:
Angelic Arbiter = major multiplayer effect.  stops activity, but has a big target
Leyline of Sanctity = great ability, plus friendly mulligans makes it more likely
Vengeful Archon = says "look elsewhere" like very few cards really can

Blue:
Conundrum Sphinx = just for the giggles. 
Leyline of Anticipation = surviving to untap is a big problem.  This can help solve it.
Stormtide Leviathan = game changing

Black:
Blood Tithe = 8x Syphon Soul.dec
Grave Titan = making an army of blockers means it is safe to attack

Red:
Fire Servant = gives Red some reach.
Leyline of Punishment = keeps Red in the game
Wild Evocation = moves the game along.  Things happen.

Green:
Fauna Shaman = tutors
Gaea's Revenge = haste + pseudo-shroud = major threat

So, these are my top vote getters.  Which one is the absolute best?  I haven't decided yet.
This is tough. There are many, many great cards in this set. But my votes for best multiplayer cards are going to Liliana's Caress and overwhelming stampede. But my favorite card in terms of flavor is mitotic slime...it is making me think about making an ooze tribal deck...
HOW TO AUTOCARD! When posting in a text box, type [c]Plains[/c] to make your post showPlains.
Are you making a casual mill deck? Please read.
Control is the key of a mill deck. You should free up your mana as much as possible so that you can respond to whatever your opponent is doing. Having some way to remove threats, both real and percieved, is necessary to survival. Real threats are those that are already on the field, and are something a simple unsummon or doom blade can remove. Percieved threats are those that aren't on the field, something a simple duress or counterspell can deal with. Controlling the board will allow your mill deck to continuously perform, if you use permanent style mill, that is. One-Shot Mill spells are something you should avoid. You can toss tome scours at your opponent until your hand runs out, but that isn't going to be enough to mill them to death. With 1-shot mill spells, like tome scour, you have to treat them like burn spells. Therefore, the only "good" 1-shot mill spells are sanity grinding (in the right deck) and mind funeral. Try to find more permanent styles of milling, like memory erosion, hedron crab, and curse of the bloody tome, so that you don't have to waste your mana each turn doing something that those permanents can do with a single mana/turn investment. Keeping your mana open allows you to respond with control elements. ​Traumatize Rant​. Traumatize is a terrible card for a multitude of reasons. First, it costs 5 to cast, which is a large investment for a mill deck. Milling half a library sounds neat, but if you do the math, it really isn't that much. An average 60 card deck starts with drawing 7 cards. Then, barring any draw spells on their end, or ramp on yours, 5 turns will go by, where they draw 5 more cards, leaving 48 in the deck. Unless they had a deck with more than 60 cards, or you ramped it out, the most you'll ever mill with a single Traumatize on turn 5 is 24 cards. That's not too shabby, but hang on, there's more! If they drew any additional cards or if they were milled before turn 5, that number will be much lower. In addition, any more Traumatize's you draw will only mill less and less as the game goes on...which is the point of a mill deck. My whole point on Traumatize is the it is NOT worth the 5 mana investment, not even with haunting echoes. You can mill more than 24 before turn 5...which you can then cast the echoes. If you look at a mill deck like a burn deck, you'll notice that it takes longer to win with mill than with burn. For example, lightning bolt costs 1 and does 3 out of the 20 damage needed to win (barring any lifegain or damage prevention). For mill, that same investment of 1 would have to mill 9 cards out of an average 60 card deck to be the equivilent of lightning bolt. The problem is that there is no mill card that can do that...except hedron crab, over a period of time. The initial investment of 1 will pay off in 3 more land drops to make the crab equal to a bolt. However, the crab nets you more mill beyond those 3 land drops, making it better as the game draws on. Other cards, like curse of the bloody tome, are excellent ways of milling an opponent because the initial investment of is all you have to pay in order to put your opponent on a clock. All you have to do is stay alive, which is the true goal of a mill strategy. There are other ideas for mill decks that are specific to certain types of strategies. Combo mill decks can mill an entire player's library out from under them. Secondary mill strategies are usually tied to another strategy, like drowner of secrets in a merfolk deck, or halimar excavator in an ally deck. Milling can be done in certain decks that are able to ramp out enough mana to make use of the higher costing mill spells, like using 16 post to pay for X on sands of delirium or for ambassador laquatus. Multiplayer mill decks are even tougher to build, but can be done. Being a slower environment, it is easier to ramp in multiplayer, allowing for big X spells, like mind grind, to be useful. Consuming aberration is another star player. The more straightforward strategy is to use mesmeric orb and dreamborn muse while being the only deck at the table that can deal with it. There are always new strategies coming out with each set, so check gatherer for any new mill cards that you find to be the most fun for you! Now you can say that you haven't fallen into the trap that most new players fall into when they build their first mill deck!
My top 5, the cards (new cards, Haunting Echoes doesn't count) that really stand out for me:
Wild Evocation
Time Reversal
Mass Polymorph
Leyline of Anticipation
Conundrum Sphinx

The card I will most enjoy using of these above 5 will probably Time Reversal, so that gets my vote. But it is a close call...

Mitotic Slime is good, good times.  I love it just for the flavor.  The fact that you can do ridiculous things with it is just gravy.

Delicious Doubling Season + Spawning Pit + Polymorph + Elixir of Immortality flavored gravy.
"We will all be purified in Wurm. What is good will be used to heal Wurm, or grow Wurm, or to fuel Wurm's path. What is vile will be extruded, and we will be free of it forever." --Prophet of the Cult of Wurm

This fell off the front page.
And we currently have a tie. Vote, people!

I'll cast a vote for Wild Evocation and Fire Servant.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
I see Conundrum Sphinx as this sets Djinn of Wishes, long on hype but low on value.

After the new card smell wears off I'll scoop them up for several dollars less than what they go for right now.

Primeval Titan to me is the Titan with the most multiplayer potential.

Why yes, I will grab Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers!

Maze of Ith, Karakas, assemble Urzatron, etc.

Cultivate, Elixir of Immortality, those spells are the ones that will have longer impact in multiplayer. Just my opinion.

I'd vote for Fire Servant and Chandra's Spitfire... that may only be because I'm on a red binge right now though!
Most fun: Wild Evocation

But my best card vote goes to Gaea's Revenge. Haste, decent spell protection, can't be countered and can be Rancored.
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)
I think my vote will go to Primeval Titan. With him being able to fetch non-basic lands like Gaea's Cradle its rare that he will not pay for himself.

Although if we can vote for 2 cards Vengeful Archon has rattlesnake factor that is hard to beat.

I think my vote will go to Primeval Titan. With him being able to fetch non-basic lands like Gaea's Cradle its rare that he will not pay for himself.

I will admit that I really want to attack with Primeval Titan and fetch two Teetering Peaks.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

I will admit that I really want to attack with Primeval Titan and fetch two Teetering Peaks.

Have a way to give him haste (Fires of Yavimaya comes to mind) and some other fun lands and it can be a really sick turn once that Titan hits the table.
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)
A card that I think will get a lot of play is Ember Hauler.

2/2 for two, no drawback, nice ability that has shown its worth on cards like Goblin Legionnaire, good artwork, uncommon so they will be easy and relatively inexpensive to obtain.

Necrotic Plague looks like so much fun (I love black cards like this and Nettlevine Blight)

Sadly, my vote will have to go to Wild Evocation though.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I vote for Blood Tithe, because it gets better with more people at the table.
Second is Reassembling Skeleton, it's good with Grave Pact and Nantuko Husk.
Oh yeah, Contamination anyone . . . 
My group is on the verge of banning Elixir in multi. It just makes our games longer by adding 2+ hours to them. It doesn't help when there is a control deck(me) and 2 people who are content just sitting back being innactive until someone else hiccups. The other two or three people are more interactive than drop a guy and pass. We just finished a game that went just over 4 hours with just 3 of us(we each used are SINGLE Elixirs at leat twice that game) Does anyone here think thats healthy?
Hunter's Feast made me raise my eyebrows a little bit, especially because the set came out at I was assembling my Kavu Predator deck, but I can see it being huge in 2hg and Emperor games. 
My group is on the verge of banning Elixir in multi. It just makes our games longer by adding 2+ hours to them. It doesn't help when there is a control deck(me) and 2 people who are content just sitting back being innactive until someone else hiccups. The other two or three people are more interactive than drop a guy and pass. We just finished a game that went just over 4 hours with just 3 of us(we each used are SINGLE Elixirs at leat twice that game) Does anyone here think thats healthy?

I can't honestly say that it sounds healthy but 3 player games often lead to a situation where the first aggressor will lose so everybody just holds back and lays low. That is why decks need a way to break a stalemate (like Leechridden Swamp). 

I can't honestly say that it sounds healthy but 3 player games often lead to a situation where the first aggressor will lose so everybody just holds back and lays low. That is why decks need a way to break a stalemate (like Leechridden Swamp). 

It definitely sounds like you need a lot more evasion on your creatures. Maybe you should build a aggro-oriented deck? You can add white for some vigilance creatures, so you aren't defenseless. Or just play mono-red burn, that will shake things up a bit. If you're all playing control decks, it isn't too strange to be playing for 4 hours.
If there is one particular card making the rounds in your playgroup that prolongs games perhaps unnecessarily - in this example Elixir of Immortality - the handful of Jester's Capping cards might be worth reconsidering as maindeck cards.  But only if you cannot as a group agree to ban it. 

I find it amusing that life-gaining cards (Congregate and now perhaps Elixir) are the cards most often socially banned in regular MP groups.

Just a thought.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
I find it amusing that life-gaining cards (Congregate and now perhaps Elixir) are the cards most often socially banned in regular MP groups.

Although the elixir is powerful I don't find it worth banning (or any life gain for that matter). It's just a bit of life gain and graveyard reshuffling. How is that different from Primal Command (besides the cost and being colorless so it sees more play, yes, the command doesn't shuffle itself back so you need 2, big deal).

I suspect the problem isn't the elixir (the life gain) but more the lack of ways to deal enough dmg to kill people. I build my decks so that I can take down people at 100 life just as well as those at 20. It would just take a few more turns (as long as you can sufficiently out dpr the life gain without dying yourself).

In my playgroups no life gain is banned. In some massive resource denial is banned (Limited Resources and Death Cloud for example) but that differs greatly per deck, it is mainly massive land destruction that we frown upon because it takes the fun out of the game by not allowing people to play their cards.
I suspect the problem isn't the elixir (the life gain) but more the lack of ways to deal enough dmg to kill people. I build my decks so that I can take down people at 100 life just as well as those at 20. It would just take a few more turns (as long as you can sufficiently out dpr the life gain without dying yourself).

Emphasis mine.

That is a fascinating way to look at deckbuilding.  I am guessing many veteran multiplayers do this subconciously, but I've never seen it stated so succinctly, let alone used as a conscious guiding principle in deck building.

It also makes a great, simple way to explain a fundamental concept in deckbuilding.

Thank you!

Cheers!

Metagame, if all everyone plays are islands, including yourself. Play two decks that hose
the color instead. Un-counterable, pro blue, island walking and shrouded creatures for beats.
Use Gainsay and Red Elemental Blast, that is the beauty of the color wheel.

Vagis, it sounds like some of your 160 decks need to involve setting clocks for everyone, or at least prevent life gain!

Red, Black, and Artifact do this nicely. 

From the sound of it, backing the clocks up with Pyroblast and Red Elemental Blast might be necessary.  For giggles, back up some Boil with the same two cards, and see what happens to the passive control players.

It is imperative to laugh maniacally and point after blowing up their islands.  People like this.

The next few games, the same players will actively try to kill you.  See? Problem solved! ;) 

Cheers!
Vagis, it sounds like some of your 160 decks need to involve setting clocks for everyone, or at least prevent life gain!

Red, Black, and Artifact do this nicely. 

From the sound of it, backing the clocks up with Pyroblast and Red Elemental Blast might be necessary.  For giggles, back up some Boil with the same two cards, and see what happens to the passive control players.

It is imperative to laugh maniacally and point after blowing up their islands.  People like this.

The next few games, the same players will actively try to kill you.  See? Problem solved! ;) 

Cheers!

Active Volcano would work well alongside the blasts.  Some additional pressure would also help hasten games up.  Either that, or go the Gaea's Revenge route.
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black

Costs 8, gets a monster creature, but the effect is so big NOBODY will let it live.

My priority number one would be killing that creature of the person controlling it, unless an even more insane permanent was on the board.

It doesn't self protect, either.

Inkwell Leviathan is better if you're looking for this kind of threat.