Shopping for my DM...help please!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am the organizer for a home campaign with a group of friends. Our first DM (not counting myself) is about to complete his first campaign as DM, his first time DMing, too.

He did a more than adequate job and I feel compelled to get him some small swag for his service to the group as a whole. It's kind of like how DMs for public events get little somethings; just that this event is private so I have no loot to give out.

If I had an extra stack of status effect cards or other similar D&D paraphernalia I'd probably throw some of that his way. Can these or other small WotC D&D goodies be acquired anywhere?

If not, where else is a good place to find D&D related goodies. I'm not going to go out and buy him an Orcus or anything, but maybe a shirt? some funky dice? a small dice tower?

Just wanting to pick the brain of the community; thanks in advance.
Achievements: 06/28/10 - MODERAT0WND!!11 06/30/10 - A Friendly Nod 07/04/10 - Troll Infiltrators 11/16/10 - RIP CB (What you are paying for should work; is it?) 12/20/10 - "No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!" Scapegoat of the Month for November: Pirates
That's a great idea - picking up a little thank-you gift for your DM. If it were me, I'd always appreciate a decent set of dice or a cool mini. If you're looking for miniatures, you can order them relatively cheaply from miniaturemarket.com.
good box/system to carry all the stuff he may take to your games maybe nice....it' sheavy

a new game mat, the dark platypus magnetic mat adds a new trick (magnetism) to kepe minis form being knocked down, but it's kind of heavy

deluxe DM guide, I got a cheap one cause it was printed upside down (ie, the cover and internals were opposite way around, just flip the book aorund form way you'd expect to read, lol, cover must have bene glued on 180 degree around I guess)

Paizo and Jinx have good t shirts.

--| SILVERBLADES SUITCASE |-- Dark Sun & Spelljammer digital art & tutorials
Miniatures, tiles, and battlemaps are always welcome additions to a DM collection as they can never have enough.  The core stuff, they usually get on their own when needed.

Celebrate our differences.

I looked through the sites that have already been suggested and I think I got a winner.

I think I'm leaning towards this paizo.com/store/paizoExclusives/v5748btp...

It's in my price range, its kind of a gag gift, but it's game related and will probably cause warm fuzzies. If not this one, then one of the other scents.

Any other suggestions/site welcome. I'll probably finalize the order by noon EST on monday.

I'll have to use tiles/maps down the road if a future DM prefers tabletop play; this DM is all about maptools. Great suggestion though so I'm filing that away.

I'll probably be looking around for another small goodie in a couple of months.

:D
Achievements: 06/28/10 - MODERAT0WND!!11 06/30/10 - A Friendly Nod 07/04/10 - Troll Infiltrators 11/16/10 - RIP CB (What you are paying for should work; is it?) 12/20/10 - "No Way! That's Great...*chuckle*...WE'VE RERELEASED GAMMA WORLD!" Scapegoat of the Month for November: Pirates
Sign In to post comments