Metamorphic Transfer and Psicrystals

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Metamorphic Transfer allows 3 transfers per day, regardless of the number of times I change form.

I have the feat and turn my psicrystal and I into a Cryohydra.  Since it lacks Metamorphic Transfer, can it also breathe cold?
Metamorphic Transfer allows 3 transfers per day, regardless of the number of times I change form.

I have the feat and turn my psicrystal and I into a Cryohydra.  Since it lacks Metamorphic Transfer, can it also breathe cold?

I'm going to exchange your example creature for a behir, since I don't see a mention in the core rules about whether a cryohydra's breath weapon is extraordinary or supernatural.  From the context, I'll also assume that you're using metamorphosis (which the feat seems to assume as well) and sharing it using the psicrystal's special abilities.  That covered:

No, your psicrystal could not gain an ability like a supernatural breath weapon.  While you can share the metamorphosis power with your psicrystal, the Metamorphic Transfer feat does not modify the power itself, and since it's not part of the power, you can't share it via your psicrystal's "share powers" ability.

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. - Good Omens

Co-Author of the Dreamfane, Euralden Eye, Fulminating Crab, Gajuisan Crawler, Gruesome LurkerIronglass Rose, Sheengrass Swarm, Spryjack, Usunag, and Warp Drifter, and author of the Magmal Horror from Force of Nature.

My most popular campaign item; for all your adventuring convenience.
Zauber's Mutable Rod: This rod has a number of useful functions that make it easier to live in the wilderness. It is made of polished wood, with five studlike buttons on one end. Each button produces a different effect when pressed. Unless otherwise noted, the rod’s functions have no limit on the number of times they can be employed. When button 1 is pressed, one end of the rod produces a small flame, equivalent to a candle. When button 2 is pressed, the rod unfolds into a two-person tent, complete with bedrolls and warm blankets. When button 3 is pressed, the rod becomes a one-handed hammer, suitable for pounding pitons into a wall. When button 4 is pressed, the rod becomes a sturdy iron spade. When button 5 is pressed, the rod becomes a wooden bucket able to hold 2 gallons of liquid. Once per day, it can be commanded to fill with fresh water. If the rod is seriously damaged or broken in any of its alternate forms (button 2, 3, 4, or 5), it reverts to its basic rod form and cannot be activated for 24 hours. Moderate conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, minor creation; Price 375 gp; Weight 2 lb.
Sign In to post comments