4e Dragon Shaman P.E.A.C.H. me

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have recently fallen in love with the Dragon Shaman class in 3.5 and i don't feel like waiting for Wizards to bring them to 4e.  So I've been working on a 4e variation over the past... hour.  I mainly just have the basics for the build and the class features done.  One of the things i'm not quiet sure of is the role.  My friend thinks it would be a leader because of the draconic auras {they'll be utilities in here} where as i think they'd be a defender cause my 3.5 dragon shaman is quiet the meat-shield.   Anyways, here it is.
Edit: 7/1

Class Traits      
  • Role: Leader.  After years of devotion to the dragons, you use your skills to make both you and your allies harder, better, faster, and stronger.

• Power Source: Primal.  You call upon the primal force of the dragons to power your attacks while in battle.

• Key Abilities: Constitution, Charisma, Intelligence

• Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather, Hide, light shields

• Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, Hammers, Maces

• Implements: Rods, Totems

• Bonus to Defenses: +1 Fortitude, +1 Will

• Hit Points at 1st level: 10 + Constitution Score

• Hit Points per Level Gained: 5

• Healing Surges per Day: 6 + Constitution Modifier

• Trained Skills: Nature.  From the class skills list below, choose four more trained skills at first level           
    • Acrobatics (Dex) Athletics (Str), Bluff (Cha), Endurance (Con), Heal (wis), Intimidate (Cha), Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex)

• Class Traits: Draconic Aura, Healing Aura, Ritual Casting

Dragon Shaman Builds
Show
Cataclysmic Dragon Shaman         
  • Draconic Aura: Allies receive a +2 power bonus to AC against Opportunity Attacks

• Suggested Feat: Sickening Breath

• Suggested At-will Powers: Lead the Charge, Tail Slap

• Suggested Encounter Power: Roar of the Dragon

• Suggested Daily Power: Breath of Slumbers

Chromatic Dragon Build         
  • Draconic Aura: Allies receive a +2 power bonus to damage rolls

• Suggested Feat:

• Suggested At-Will Powers: Lead the Charge, Wing Slam

• Suggested Encounter Power:

• Suggested Daily Power: Vengeance of a Thousand Wounds 

Metallic Dragon Build         
  • Draconic Aura: Allies receive a +2 power bonus to saving throws

• Suggested Feat: Increase Dragon Aura

• Suggested At-Will Powers: Dragon's Mark, Prepare for Battle

• Suggested Encounter Power: Large and In Charge

• Suggested Daily Power

What is a line?
A line is defined as any attack that targets one adjacent square and continues in that direction a certain amount of squares indicated by the range of the attack.

Draconic Aura
You are constantly projecting an Aura 6.  You and your allies receive a bonus as determined by your build.  At any time during your turn, you can switch out this Aura for another Aura as whatever action listed.  After the effect of the new Aura ends, it returns to the default Aura.  Any aura automatically ends when you are dropped to 0 hit points or become unconscious 

Gift of Vitality
Gift of Vitality - Dragon Shaman Feature 
A dragon can do many things; wield magic, slaughter innocents, rule nations, and dragons can also heal wounds.
Encounter * Primal, Healing
Minor Action  Burst
 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 21st level)
Target: One ally in Aura
Effect:  target can spends a healing surge and gains 1d6 additional hit points.
Level 6: 1d6 additional hit points
Level 11: 1d6 additional hit points
Level 16: 1d6 additional hit points
Level 21: 1d6 additional hit points
Level 26: 1d6 additional hit points
Special: You can use this ability twice per encounter, but only once a round.  At level 16, you can use it three times per encounter, but only once a round

Level 1 Powers
Show
At-Wills
Dragon's Mark - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
You strike your enemy and weaken him, making him the perfect target for your allies
At-will * Primal, Weapon
Standard Action  Melee
Target: One creature
Attack:  Constitution vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Constitution Modifier damage and the next ally to attack the target gets a bonus to attack rolls equal to your intelligence modifier.  If no one attacks the target by your next turn, the bonus is lost.
Increase to 2[W] + Constitution modifier at 21st level

Lead the Charge - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
A Dragon Shaman is many things, but he must never forget the thing he was meant to do: Fight.
At-will * Primal, Weapon
Standard Action  Melee
Special: 
 Before the attack, you can shift up to 2 squares
Target: One creature
Attack: Constitution vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Constitution Modifier damage and allies adjacent to you before the shift can shift 1 square and receive a +2 bonus on their next attack roll.
Increase to 2[W] + Constitution Modifer at 21st level

Tail Slap - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
Though you may or may not have a tail as mighty as the dragon, you primal connection allows you to do just fine.
At-will * Primal
Standard Action  Melee
Target: 
One creature
Attack: Constitution vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Constitution Modifier damage and you can slide the target 1 square
Increase to 2[W] + Constitution Modifier at 21st Level

Wing Smash - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
Primal Wings seem to grow out of your back and strikes out at two enemies, disappearing as quickly as they appeared
At-will * Primal
Standard Action Melee
Target
: One or two creatures
Hit: 1d6 + constitution modifier damage 
Increase to 2d6 + constitution modifier at 21st level 

Prepare for Battle - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
With enemies all around you, the power behind your aura surges, filling your allies with a new found vigor.
At-Will * Primal, Aura
Standard Action  Aura 

Target: Allies in Aura
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, allies within the aura gain temporary hit points equal to your charisma modifier. 

Encounters
 Dragon Breath - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
Once one of the most powerful weapons a dragon could have is now a weapon that you too may hurl at opponents.
Encounter * Primal, Fire
Standard Action  Line
Target: Each creature in line
Attack: Constitution vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Constitution Modifier fire damage 
Special: If you have taken the Totem Dragon feat, you may switch the fire key word and damage type with that of the keyword associated with your Totem Dragon.

Large and In Charge - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
You may not be as large as the dragons you worship, but your aura allows you to compensate the difference.
Encounter * Primal, Aura
Immediate Reaction  Aura
Trigger: An enemy moves adjacent to you or an ally within your Aura
Effect:  Make a melee basic attack
Aftereffect: On a hit, the target is pushed back 3 squares and his movement is ended.
Metallic Build: The number of squares the target is pushed back is equal to 2 + Charisma Modifier.

Roar of the Dragon - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
You look at your foes and roar an ear splitting cry that terrorizes your enemies and lowers their defenses.
Encounter * Primal, Fear
Standard Action  Close Blast
Target: Each enemy in the blast
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit:  Targets are pushed back 3 squares and take a -2 to all defenses until the end of your next turn.
Cataclysmic Build: the number of squares the targets are pushed back is equal to 2 + Charisma Modifier.

Dailies
Breath of Slumbers - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
Not all Dragon Breaths kill you with fire.
Daily * Primal, Sleep
Standard Action  Line
Target: Each enemy in the line
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit:  The target is slowed (save ends). If the target fails its first saving throw against this power, the target becomes unconscious (save ends).
Miss: The target is slowed (save ends).

Vengeance of a Thousand Wounds - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
Tiamat, draconic goddess of greed and revenge, powers your attacks to strike down your foes and make your vengeance all the sweeter.
Daily * Primal, Weapon
Standard Action  Melee
Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Constitution vs. AC
Hit: 3[W] + Constitution Modifier damage and allies get a +2 power bonus to attack and damage rolls against the creature.
Miss: Half damage. 

Dragon Shaman Feats
Show
Heroic       
  •         
    • Dragon Scales       
      • Prerequisite: Dragon Shaman

• When wearing cloth or leather armor, receive a +1 bonus to AC.  increase the bonus to +2 at level 11 and +3 at level 21.

• Dragon Skills       

• You receive a +2 bonus on Diplomacy, History, Insight, and Streetwise checks

• Increased Dragon Aura       
      • Prerequisite: Dragon Shaman, Draconic Aura class feature

• You increase you Draconic Aura from an Aura 3 to an Aura 6

• Shape Breath       
      • Prerequisite: Dragon Shaman or Dragonborn

• Attacks with breath in its name can become a close blast 3 or a line 4

• Sickening Breath       
      • Prerequisite: Dragon Shaman or Dragonbron

• When you score a critical hit on an attack with Breath in its name, target receives a -2 on his next attack and damage rolls.

• Totem Dragon

• Choose one of the following dragons: Black (Acid), Blue (Lightning), Green (Poison), Red (Fire), White (Cold), Brass (Fire), Bronze (Lightning), Copper (Acid), Gold (Fire), Silver (Cold), Blizzard (Cold), Earthquake (Force), or Volcanic (Fire).  You get a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls on attacks with the same keyword associated with your totem dragon.

Paragon       
  •         
    • Focused Aura       
      • Prerequisite: Level 11, Dragon Shaman, Draconic Aura class feature

• Auras that require a minor action to maintain now only require a free action.

• Greater Shape Breath       
      • Prerequisite: Level 11, Shape Breath feat

• Attacks with breath in its name can become a close blast 5 or line 6

• Resist the Power       
      • Prerequisite: Level 11, Dragon Shaman

• You gain a resist of 10 + one half your level to fire damage

• Special: if you have taken the totem dragon feat, you can replace the fire resistance to a resistance of the keyword associated with your totem dragon.  Resistance must be chosen at the taking of this feat.

Epic       
  •         
    •  Double Draconic Aura       
      • Prerequisite: Level 21, Dragon Shaman, Draconic Aura class feature

• You can have two Auras activated at the same time instead of one. 

First off, you might need to pick a role before you go any further. If the defining characteristic of the Dragon Shaman is the Aura and providing buffs to his allies, I'd go with leader. Just makes more sense than giving him a marking mechanic to be a defender. A melee leader, but a leader nonetheless.

Second, I think a Str/Cha might be more appropriate than int. So Str/Cha or Str/Con. Dunno how you want to turn those into a couple distinct build options.

Third, the weapon/implement proficiencies are a bit odd. Do they need implements at all? Giving rods and all the weapons they're proficient in seems odd, and overpowered unless the dragon shaman is going to be doing lots of ranged blasts, when you seemed to want him to be a melee guy.

Fourth, Totem Dragon and Draconic adaptation can be the same class feature. Its a lot of fluff, but no sense listing the dragon type choices twice if you really only choose once. Furthermore, for Draconic Adaptation it might be simpler to give out things like icewalk or a swim speed equal to your speed, rather than bonuses to skill checks when possible. You might consider ditching these specific options and going toward draconic archetypes instead, such as the dragon as king, dragon as beast, dragon as hoarder...

Fifth, I'd like to see Touch of Vitality turned into the Healing Word-type power, possibly with the option of ditching the extra healing for saving throws, or giving off a different type of effect depending on the aura that is up, like the runepriest.

Lastly, the dragon breath and scales could be ditched. Breath as an encounter power seems to step on the toes of the Dragonborn's power, and scales just seem like unnecessary scailing defense. Consider wrapping the dragon breath into a number of encounter powers, and put the dragon auras into the daily powers.

Interesting take though. Have you looked for other adaptations yet:
www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=79...
You could roll all of the class features into a single choice, similar to the sorceror.
I'm not sure Arcane is really appropriate. I'd rather go with Elemental, or something non-WotC like Dragon. Synergy problems given current rules, but more appropriate.
it's power source was something else i was debatable with.  Arcane or Primal.  both were from the same reason.  Primal was because they'd be getting their power from the primal forces that are dragons, and arcane because they were attempting to mimic the dragons magical powers.

One thing that I've found when I've tried to design classes that I want to play for myself is that it becomes VERY hard to look at its power level objectively, which becomes a problem when you start designing powers from scratch. I'm not saying there's anything overpowered here, just that it's something to consider.

I would suggest that if you want to build a dragon shaman (I played one too in 3.5, they're sweet) I would first make a list of all of the features you want to include throughout your build and then first look at which powers from other classes would be most appropriate. For example, you could match the Dragon Scales flat armor bonus with the Sorcerer's Scales of the Dragon power (+2 to AC when first bloodied for the rest of the encounter.) Touch of Vitality can be the Paladin's Lay on Hands, except change out the Wisdom modifier for one of the dragon shaman's modifiers (charisma or constitution, maybe.)

In my opinion, primal would be a good power source to choose from, since the totem dragon feels very, very primal already. You're just choosing to worship a different type of totem spirit than the normal druid. Also, it would lend a bit of flavor to the class, since there really isn't a strong "primal dragon" class already, while arcane feels a bit of overlap thematically with sorcerer.

You'll have to be careful with using the auras as utilities; I'd have to see some examples of what you have in mind, since they can affect the entire power and quickly get out of control if not balanced.

There's a lot more I could say on the topic, but for now, let me simply state that I think it's a cool idea and I wish you luck in your attempt.

I'm about to do update it.  I switched out int for cha and tweaked out aura's worked as well as his healing encounter.  Touch of vitality's gone and i replaced it with a healing aura.  You'll see how it works when i post the update.  I also have a couple feats but they're not much.  Also, i'm tweaking the dragon breath so hopefully it's it's own breath weapon without being too much like the dragonborn's breath weapon.
Question: Wouldn't it be simpler to take the existing Shaman class and intro Dragon SHaman as a new build? That way you only have to come up with class features based on the regular shaman and a handful of powers.

If no then May I suggest that instead of making a different dragon shaman for each individual dragon strain you instead make a build for each major clan: chromatic, metallic, and catastrophic. 

Question: Wouldn't it be simpler to take the existing Shaman class and intro Dragon SHaman as a new build?

Aside from the shared name, 3.5 Dragon Shamans had nothing to do with traditional Shamans of any of the other 3.5 types.
No it didn't but this 4e version is already a primal leader so I thought the idea was worth mentioning.

From what I've seen of shaman in 4e, they play very, very differently with the way their spirit companion works. I suppose one could add a bunch of draconic flavor by making it a "spirit dragon" (which would actually be pretty cool). Dragon shaman from 3e, however, plays more like a warlord; a lead-from-the-front type, melee combatant that supports his allies.

Actually, a dragonborn warlord would probably play pretty much like a dragon shaman, now that I think about it.

But converting classes is always fun, so I'm curious to see what jusmhar comes up with.

@ rampant - Arcana and divine have two leaders.  Arcana has the Bard and Artificer classes while Divine has the Cleric and Runepriest classes.  So it's really not out there for primal to have two leaders as well.

@ Xanamir - I'm curious to see what i come up with too.  I got some more feats and the bases for the auras down.  of coarse the level they are determines what they do to an extent.  Also, i'm thinking of the auras, save healing aura, are treated as zones for rules purposes and are sustained as a minor.  Therfore, some of the smaller auras like power, presense, and sense would be at the lower levels but something as powerful as energy shield would be way later on {i'm thinking 2d6 + con mod damage as an immediate reaction when hit >3}
Here's a thought, what if the attack powers take the form of breath weapon attacks and allies in the area get a boost instead of taking damage.
like the dragonborn feat that does the same thing?  The breath weapon is the big thing i wanna keep and am unsure how to do it.  I dunno if it'll be a class feature, a feat into class feature, or just normal attacks.
Ok I know the individual dragon type totem was a big deal in the 3e version but just stay with me for a bit here.

Ditch it.

Instead create builds based on categories of dragon types, such as metallic/chromatic/catastrophic.

Then the breath weapon becomes many of the various attack powers, for instance you might choose between a level one encounter power that's a close blast of fire, or another that's a ranged attack that arcs to a secondary target or more. Instead of trying to make it a class feature you just base most of the attack powers around it. Then whenever your area attacks would hit an ally they get a boost depending on the power.

Example: A close blast 3 fire attack deals moderate damage to each enemy caught in the blast. However each ally in the area affected is not only undamaged but the flames linger about them burning anything foolish enough to strike at them until your next turn.

Another Example: A ranged 10 electric attack that hits one enemy and any enemy within x squares of the first guy.  If there's an ally within x squares you may have that ally mark the primary (and possibly secondary targets) gain +y on attack and/or damage against them, and shock them a little if they attack anyone not marking them, or move away from the ally. (this one would probably be harder to balance)
Sounds interesting.  I know my friends and I were talking about that with the breath weapons.  Mainly if there should just be a default breath weapon at lv. 1, 13, and whatever lv replaces a lv. 13 encounter if any {i dunno, my current 4e campaign's my first taste of D&D and they're only at lv. 11} and then a class features lets them feat into breath weapon feats as if they had the dragonborn prereq, or if i should give them different breath weapons through the leveling process, each one doing something different, like the metabreath feats in 3.5's draconomicon.
No see I'm talking about the encounter, and probably the daily attack powers being primarily breath weapon type abilities. You're looking at a leader who is heavily subbed into controller.

I'd advise 2-3 breath weapon based powers per level of attack powers.

MEta-breath techniques would be good as feats or utility powers.

Considering The healing power the old D-shaman had you should really consider handing out the ritual caster feat as a class feature as well.

kinda makes me feel i should have a breath keyword instead of the dragon devouter class feature {it's the feature i was talking about}.  give dragon shaman's their own feats... that or allow dragonborn have them too.  it's kinda a big deal because if this is good enough for my campaign i gotta look out for the dragonborn who's in it already.
Well that's the brilliance of just making the powers that, you don't need a new keyword, or a bunch of feats, they're powers, they just do stuff.

D-born already have plenty of meta-breath options. 
I'd avoid making a class that automatically qualifies for racial feats, or letting a race automatically qualify for class feats. That's why I think a close-combat leader with a number of close-blast attacks and daily attacks with auras might be really cool. Its also a bit different than any of the other leader options out there, making it worthwhile as a distinct class, rather than just a Sorcerer or Ardent build.

They'd need to balance weapons and implements if they have a lot of melee and close-blast attacks though. You could go ki focus, but maybe they could choose one weapon group, like Light/heavy blades, spears or hammers, to be useable as implements. It could even depend on the build as to which weapons group(s?) they used, in addition to totems.
so you're saying different breath weapons is the way to go for these powers?

as for the implements and such and weapon proficiencies, i was trying hard to make it close to the 3.5 version and i really that's kind dumb now.  Also, what are ki focus?  no one in my party uses them so i haven't really bothered to look up the rules on them. 
Essentially they're the best implement ever.

They don't take up a body slot, plus their enchantment and properties can be applied to any weapon you wield as well as to implement powers.

However They're not really thematically appropriate for this class, or at least I don't think so.

Rods, staves, and totems spring to mind as being the proper choices for this class, considering how many mace wielding D-shaman I recall it seems to fit.
yeah, i'm also debating military melee as well... maybe adding just hammers to weapon proficiencies.  

Also, that suggestion you made about the builds instead of totem dragons, I'm seriously looking into it now.   At first i wasn't, because I didn't know how to make the different builds... different.  Well now I do.  Chromatic Dragon Shaman's lean more towards striker as a secondary role.  Metallic Dragon Shaman's are either just a straight up leader, or may lean more on a defender secondary role.  Cataclysmic Dragon Shaman's lean towards Controller secondary role.  Also, the dragon totem will be a feat they can take.  It gives a +2 to attack and damage rolls with attacks that share a keyword with your totem dragon.
Bugger.  Forgot to post the update before work.  Oh well, i'll be home in about an hour and i'll post it then.  I'm pretty much done with the build of the class itself.  Just wanna iron out the builds a little and i should be able to start getting serious with the different attacks.  Make the Auras in block formate and i even got a couple different breath weapons in there too, most based off the metabreath feats from the draconomicon like clinging breath, lingering breath, shape breath, etc.
Shape would probably function better as a utility to alter a power's area of effect rather than an attack all its own.
yeah, really all it is is an attack that can be, i think, either a burst 3 or a ranged 4 attack.   hell, i may just make it a feat again. 

Shape Breath
Prereq: Dragon Shaman
Attacks with Breath in it's name can be treated as a burst 3 or a range 4 attack

Mastered Shape Breath
Prereq: Dragon Shaman, level 11, Shape Breath feat
Attacks with breath in it's name can be treated as a burst 5 or range 6 attack

maybe something to that degree?
all updated :3  I wish I had a program to make a pdf file so i can make it look more proffessional.
Look you're trying too hard dude.

The aura powers can be just that, powers.

If you must have a constant aura give them something like the warlord, allies within X squares get a minor bonus. Maybe based on your chosen tribe of dragons?

Chromatic: ???
Metallic: A bonus on saves?
Catastrophic: A bonus on defenses against area attacks?

well the auras are just the basic build, what i want and the level I'll most likely put them in.  and yeah, auras can be sustained as a minor, but can be feated later to be sustained as a free action.  And Chromatic, Metallic, and Catastrophic are going to be builds.
Essentially they're the best implement ever.

They don't take up a body slot, plus their enchantment and properties can be applied to any weapon you wield as well as to implement powers.

However They're not really thematically appropriate for this class, or at least I don't think so.

Rods, staves, and totems spring to mind as being the proper choices for this class, considering how many mace wielding D-shaman I recall it seems to fit.

I like the idea of using ki-focus, but wouldn't that make them more psychic than primal, which is what the TC is shooting for.

Anyways, if the TC is looking for attack powers and the such, there are plenty of books that the TC can look in.  Not to mention, all of the dragon breaths that can be featured.  Being able to replicate the cone of sleep as a daily sleep spell would be awesome.
here's the at-wills, working on the lv. 1 encounters right now

Dragon's Mark - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
You strike your enemy and weaken him, making him the perfect target for your allies
At-will * Primal, Weapon
Standard Action  Melee
Attack:  Constitution vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Constitution Modifier damage and the next ally to attack the target gets a bonus to attack rolls equal to your intelligence modifier.  If no one attacks the target by your next turn, the bonus is lost.
Increase to 2[W] + Constitution modifier at 21st level

Lead the Charge - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
A Dragon Shaman is many things, but he must never forget the thing he was meant to do: Fight.
At-will * Primal, Weapon
Standard Action  Melee
Special:
 Before the attack, you can shift up to 2 squares
Hit: 1[W] + Constitution Modifier damage and allies adjacent to you before the shift can shift 1 square and receive a +2 bonus on their next attack roll.
Increase to 2[W] + Constitution Modifer at 21st level

Though you may or may not have a tail as mighty as the dragon, you primal connection allows you to do just fine.
At-will * Primal
Standard Action  Melee
Target:
One creature
Attack: Constitution vs. Fortitude
Hit: Constitution modifier damage and the target becomes stunned.  If target is already stunned, it becomes knocked prone as well.

Wing Smash - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
Primal Wings seem to grow out of your back and strikes out at two enemies, disappearing as quickly as they appeared
At-will * Primal
Standard Action Melee
Target
: One or two creatures
Hit: 1d6 + constitution modifier damage 
Increase to 2d6 + constitution modifier at 21st level 

Prepare for Battle - Dragon Shaman Attack 1
With enemies all around you, the power behind your aura surges, filling your allies with a new found vigor.
At-Will * Primal, Aura
Standard Action  Aura

Target: Allies in Aura
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, allies within the aura gain temporary hit points equal to your charisma modifier.
Dude Auras are for lasting effects, the best way to grant them is via dailies, and class features.

Tail slap may be over powered.

You don't need to make a class feature that just gives them a blank aura, is what I was getting at.

Just give them a basic aura ability like what the warlord gives. 
ok... with auras.  I assume you mean like the boost to inish that warlords give.  So how about this

Draconic Aura
Allies within 3 squares of you can be affected by abilities you have with the aura keyword.  Effects granted by the Auras end when the allies leave the area affected by the aura, or you are knocked unconscious. 

better?  Also, for tail slap.  Maybe no damage instead would be better?
Now that I think about it, maybe eliminating the knocked prone part of tail slap.
awwww.... but the knocked prone is awesome... then again it's an lv. 1 at-will... hrm... maybe a later on encounter could be Tail Slam and knocks prone...
i was referring to the stunned aspect actually.

Look dude you don't have to make up all this crap about powers with the aura keyword. Just give them auras as part of their powers. You're making this more complex than it needs to be dude.

Also aura 3 is rather limiting.

The warlord influence goes out to like 10. 
warlord influence is also just for inish.  Auras will do more than just one or two things.   My friend and i toned tail slap to this

At-will * Primal
Standard Action  Burst
Target: 
One creature
Attack: Constitution vs. Fortitude
Hit: Constitution modifier damage and the target becomes stunned until the end of your next turn.

thoughts?  or should it just be knocked prone period.
What's the difference between burst one, targeting only a single creature and just plain old melee?

Also Like I said stun is too powerful for an at will. 

However the warlord ability works just like an aura. I'm not saying you have to put it out to ten, I'm just saying like 5, maybe with a feat to extend it more. Also that it should have an effect not just be a blank feature. 
What's the difference between burst one, targeting only a single creature and just plain old melee?

Close attacks don't suffer from concealment, and don't trigger abilities that look for melee attacks.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.

A close burst 1 targeting one enemy will ignore concealment, at the very least.

Also Like I said stun is too powerful for an at will. 

Agreed.

However the warlord ability works just like an aura. I'm not saying you have to put it out to ten, I'm just saying like 5, maybe with a feat to extend it more. Also that it should have an effect not just be a blank feature. 

Yeah. I'd just say that each daily power should have an aura effect. That makes the Dragon Shaman a little more like the Barbarian/Warden in their powers, which would really fit with the primal. Something like - Effect: You project an aura 5 until the end of the encounter. Allies who start their turn within the aura gain temporary hit points equal to your constitution modifier. You count as an ally for purposes of this aura.

You could even toy with giving at-will or encounter powers aura-altering features, like expanding the size of an aura you're projecting, or giving the aura an additional effect (like +1 power bonus for allies making attacks). These sorts of things could also be feats:
Aura Pulse
Prereq: Dragon Shaman
Benefit: Whenever you use a Dragon Shaman at-will attack power, increase the size of any aura you are projecting by your charisma modifier until the beginning of your next turn.

You might have to fiddle with the keywords or a class feature if you find that you need the Dragon Shaman's aura powers to work slightly differently than the standard aura keyword, but if you can get away with just the standard keyword, that would be best.
I have an aura feat that extends it to Aura 6.  I also have a feat that lets you sustain ones that require a sustain action as a free instead of minor

Maybe default aura is a bonus to inish?

Alright, since so many people say Tail Slap is too powerful, opinions on how to tone it down?