Shikkarr Weapon Question

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
His Stone Trikal   I presume its a polearm because of the reach should it have any other keywords?  Like is it a spear or an Axe or what?
 From the descriptions Ive read in online DS groups using older iterations of DS a Trikel is a hafted polearm with three blades set up in a equal sided Y.  The blades are usually knapped stone but can be of other materials. Since weapon key words were not in use the same way as in forth your guess on what key words are involved are as good as any. I might say Heavy blade and/or Axe but thats just my guess.
I'm second from the left in the picture.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

I tweeted about the Trikal today. It is as Kedrith describes. You have three sharp blades at the top of a wooden pole. The three blades radiate outward from the shaft. The blade edges curve so you have various wicked points. The part immediately below the blades sometimes has sharp bits as well. The end of the shaft has a weighted ball to provide balance.

I would not presume reach given 4E mechanics.

You can see a picture here:

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

I'm presuming reach because all of Shikkars powers are Reach 2 and thats that weapon he uses.  The battlemind at will's don't have an inherent reach in them from what I recall.

I did not play last season so I am presuming at some point we will make it to level 2 and I will get to choose a new feat so thats the reason I want to know if the weapon is axe/spear/whatever type of polearm since it effects what feats I can take.    If the season doesn't take you to level 2 then it probably doesn't matter. 
You will indeed level up during the season twice to be exact. Once at the end of chapter one and then to level 3 at the end of chapter two...thats the good news.  The not quite as good depending on your view is that you will not level up the toons they will be auto leveled. New character sheets will replace the old ones with you new powers on them.
I'm presuming reach because all of Shikkars powers are Reach 2 and thats that weapon he uses.  The battlemind at will's don't have an inherent reach in them from what I recall.

I did not play last season so I am presuming at some point we will make it to level 2 and I will get to choose a new feat so thats the reason I want to know if the weapon is axe/spear/whatever type of polearm since it effects what feats I can take.    If the season doesn't take you to level 2 then it probably doesn't matter. 

I'm second from the left in the picture.

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

I am a sad panda
We already have the "level ups".  They were sent on 1 sheet of paper that each characters adjustments can be cut out and handed to the player.

They are pretty interesting. 
I haven't gotten mine yet.... I am now the sad panda...
I haven't gotten mine yet.... I am now the sad panda...

I walked into the store (which is where they mail the supplies to) and they handed them to me this last Thursday.