40-50% off at Target

Went to Target today with the family and found loads of Imperial Entanglements, Jedi Academy and Galaxy at War on sale.

JA and GAW were 40% off ($8.99)

IE was 50% off ($7.49)

I needed some JA and I'm still looking for some Mouse Droids. I would assume many of you are, too.

I found them in the baseball card section. Not in the usual "Magic Card Area" in the toys section.

If you're looking for cheaper boosters, go to Target (if you don't have a LGS to support in your area).

Good luck!
You can also get LotF for 6.99 and 2007 Starters for 7.49 as part of the liquidation sales.

And these sales aren't just for Target, they can be found at any store who gets collectible cards via a wholesale distributor.
IMAGE(http://www.lusogamer.com/live/green/gamercard_gamerbar/EmporerDragon.png)
I wonder if this is just at specific targets I just came otu of a Target that still had it's SWM's at full price.
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."
I wonder if this is just at specific targets I just came otu of a Target that still had it's SWM's at full price.

The way I understand it is that Targets are stocked for the collectible games by regional distributors, not the Target warehouses.  So, when the regional rep comes into the store and decides to mark them down, you should see the price change.  Every Target I've been in around Ohio the past couple weeks have all remained full price.

On a side note, www.CoolStuffInc.com has added MotF to their boosters and cases on sale (also have AE, AoE, CW, GAW).  $6.49 and $74.99 for MotF, a bit more for the others.  Just in case your local stores have not marked down boosters yet.
After seeing this thread, I decided to take a detour by Target on my way to an appointment, and I found 2 Jedi Academy 40% off and 3 Imperial Entanglements at 50% off (Galaxy at War and Dark Times were still at full price). I cleared them out of discount boosters for $40.45. I've only opened 1 IE booster so far, and it had Luke Rebel Commando, as well as a good old fashioned Stormtrooper, Scout trooper, and a Mouse Droid! Laughing
Sadly, all all mine are still full price and I live in the motherland of Targets
Mine had a Force Unleashed booster for $11. Got a VAU!
Need a custom mini for your Roleplying Game, or just because? PM me with the details or check out my Custom Thread. ARCTrooper-A79s Custom Thread The Reverend Strone Project (Custom Set) We make the minis now.
Sadly, all all mine are still full price and I live in the motherland of Targets

I have yet to even see minis in any Target south of the cities.
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
I went back to the Target that I bought the 5 discount boosters from yesterday, and they loaded the shelves with more discount booster goodness in response to yesterday's purchase. I left the store with three FU, three SSB, three GaW, and two Imperial Entanglements. I netted a Felucian Warrior on Rancor, Boba Merc, Han Solo of Hoth, Cad Bane, Hondo Ohnaka, General Rieekan, a Star Destroyer, Commerce Guild Destroyer, Millennium Falcon, and a Rogue Squadron X-Wing! That's a ridiculous amount of luck! Tongue out
Happy to see all the Targets by me blowing out the boosters. Managed to snag a Felucian on Rancor, Palpatine on Throne, Jedi Exile and Vader Unleashed. Not bad! However, not a single mouse droid among 6 IE boosters. Bleh. $15 for the SSB boosters is still a little steep for me, but I might grab one next time if they're still around.
Well, I live in Minnesota. The motherland of Target. There are at least 20 stores in a 60 mile radius of where I live. About 99.9% of them have upgraded to Super Targets in the last 10 years. Everyone I have been to that is a Super Target has minis still at full price. I did find one regular Target in a smaller town that had 3 TFU boosters with the special 50% off sticker and a bunch of Jedi Academy boosters with the special 40% off sticker on them. They also had about 10 Dark Times boosters that had no sticker and showed full price still, which I thought was weird. So, it looks like you have to have the special sticker on them from the distributor to get the discount. I think I'll wait and see if they go cheaper as while I was there I picked up a ton of GI Joe action figures for 88 cents a piece.
I went to Target to see if they had any, and I was surprised to see 10 IE boosters, 4 GaW, and 1 JA. I bought 2 GaW and 1 IE. My IE had Logray (meh) and a MOUSE DROID! Then my first GaW had Grievous Scourge and an R7! Yay for R7, lol. Then the 2nd GaW had a Clone Trooper with Repeating Blaster and CAD BANE!!!!! ThumbsUp
I got mine for 3.74  a total of $16 an change for 4 boosters
3 IA and 1 DT

I got Jedi Exil, Jedi master Kit Fisto, Admeriaul Aularhan and Ventress, strike leader.
They had 2 others but both were opened so I passed on them.  At my store they where already taken out o the system the cashier looked them up in his scan gun.
I went to a target today got some nice stuff, Got a Felcor in a TFU booster for 10 bucks, haha, got a Dash RS in an IE booster, no mice hwoever, also got a riken and a xixor.  So I am not gonna complain, still a mouse or two would have been nice.
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."
My wife also Cherry picked me a FelCor today. 

lol, at my target near me I got first pick of all th boosters...all 3 FUs were light

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

My trade thread: MY TRADE THREAD - PLZ PLZ PLZ TAKE A LOOK! (ILL ADD THE LINK SOON AS SOON AS I CAN FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT! ) My top 5 minis: 1. Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter 2. Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander 3. Darth Bane + Darth Caedus *rule of two!* 4. Darth Sidious Hologram 5. 3 out of the 4 Force Spirits -- Yoda, Obi, and Ani! (missing Luke! will trade to get him) Me Sith Lords: Darth Bane, Darth Caedus, Darth Malak DLotS, Darth Talon, Darth Krayt, Darth Sidious Hologram BOBA BH BIG D's: (CS) Mace Windu Hello all! This is creme_brule... Some riddles: Spoiler 1) If 0 + 0 = 0, 2 + 2 = a fish, and 3 + 3 = 8, what does 1 + 1 = ? Answer a window. think about that one 2) 3 birds were sitting on a table. 1 got shot. How many are left? Answer 1 (the shot one). The others flew away. Anyways lmk if u liked my siggy! GTs WITH: Spoiler good trades with: BossNass++, Kenred2, TK-1138 x2+, MandaloreTheFirst+, urbanjedi, CaptainZuli, Kael_Dronna (2)+, Rogueleader17, CJK, Sith_Slayer+, Lily_Wan, buttcabbge*, Admiral_Bossk+, Talisker55+, leshippy+, lestiff416+, darthkraft, Gorworr+, dojimaster+, StartideCruiser, C3PO1971, Ephant_Mon, darthhannah+, scourgeofthenewrepublic+, Virlin+, Darth_Mauler+, gold34+, thesahdowreaper, RoqueSaber+, bagman22 x2+, Reysan_Aura, Darth_Percocet+++, jedicartographer, dreadtech+, darthsmith+, Docgeo, rattousai x2+, Trackrtar+, Jaing_Skirata+, Fett-87*, elcollector* * = never left ref! ( ) nothing = good trade + = GREAT trade pending: TheAwesomeSlapstick, lukey84, PatonPawic, headache62, Phlash007, JediPartisan, Waylander311, xxCarna6exx if u aren't on my list plz lmk and ill be happy to add u! Hey guys! if you have anything i might remotely want, just se

lol, at my target near me I got first pick of all th boosters...all 3 FUs were light

One of the three FU at my Target was heavy Laughing
My luck has been 50-50. I've picked up several GaW boosters and received a mini I've been needing for a while...General Whorm Loathesome (YAY!). Although, all of the rest were Admiral Yularen (3x) and Commander Ahsoka (2x). Sheesh.

So, today, I went to Target and the lady was stocking the shelves with the boosters. I saw two TFU boosters in the box and asked if I could purchase them. She said "Yes", so I got them both. One of them was filled with an Admiral Ozzel. The other...FelCor! Although, if I remember right, weren't a lot of the FelCor boosters packaged with great VRs and Rs. Not mine. I received 2-1B. Oh well, I can't complain. I love the FelCor. It's my second one.

I have to lay off purchasing boosters, though. I've spent way too much on them already (even at discount prices, I spend way too much money). Hopefully, people won't buy as much in the near future and I can pace myself with the purchases.

Good luck to those still shopping!
Wish we had TFU Boosters here. My only 2 TFU boosters ever were Rebel Troop Cart / Wedge Red Two and Uggernaught / Maris Brood. Not bad, but no Felcor. =(
I can't find boosters at any Targets.  I've noticed, though, that all the Targets I've visited are clearing all of their Star Wars stock.  Barely anything left SW-related.
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
I can't find boosters at any Targets.  I've noticed, though, that all the Targets I've visited are clearing all of their Star Wars stock.  Barely anything left SW-related.

I've noticed that at a number of places
Finally found some boosters on clearance at the local Target.  They were the ones in the front of the store near the baseball cards, not in the toys and games as usual (TFU, IE, JA, GAW I think).  There were a couple (MOTF I believe) in toys and games, but those were not marked down.
Got two Force Unleashed today at target and got 2 knobby white spiders any advice on cherrypicking for a felcor? I seem to have failed. Is it THAT noticably heavier? Does is not make much noise when you shake it? I'm gonna try one last time.......any advice would be greatly appreciated
Got two Force Unleashed today at target and got 2 knobby white spiders any advice on cherrypicking for a felcor? I seem to have failed. Is it THAT noticably heavier? Does is not make much noise when you shake it? I'm gonna try one last time.......any advice would be greatly appreciated

have you ever weighed one in your hand? they're REALLY heavy..not only are they taller than any other piece, but they're also HEVAIER than any other piece.....you know most hue pieces are hollow plastic? well, the felcor is SOLID plastic...I sent one alone in apkge in a trade, and it weighed abou 13 onces.....so thye REALLY haevy and REALLY noticable.....hope that heled=)

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

My trade thread: MY TRADE THREAD - PLZ PLZ PLZ TAKE A LOOK! (ILL ADD THE LINK SOON AS SOON AS I CAN FIND OUT HOW TO DO IT! ) My top 5 minis: 1. Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter 2. Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander 3. Darth Bane + Darth Caedus *rule of two!* 4. Darth Sidious Hologram 5. 3 out of the 4 Force Spirits -- Yoda, Obi, and Ani! (missing Luke! will trade to get him) Me Sith Lords: Darth Bane, Darth Caedus, Darth Malak DLotS, Darth Talon, Darth Krayt, Darth Sidious Hologram BOBA BH BIG D's: (CS) Mace Windu Hello all! This is creme_brule... Some riddles: Spoiler 1) If 0 + 0 = 0, 2 + 2 = a fish, and 3 + 3 = 8, what does 1 + 1 = ? Answer a window. think about that one 2) 3 birds were sitting on a table. 1 got shot. How many are left? Answer 1 (the shot one). The others flew away. Anyways lmk if u liked my siggy! GTs WITH: Spoiler good trades with: BossNass++, Kenred2, TK-1138 x2+, MandaloreTheFirst+, urbanjedi, CaptainZuli, Kael_Dronna (2)+, Rogueleader17, CJK, Sith_Slayer+, Lily_Wan, buttcabbge*, Admiral_Bossk+, Talisker55+, leshippy+, lestiff416+, darthkraft, Gorworr+, dojimaster+, StartideCruiser, C3PO1971, Ephant_Mon, darthhannah+, scourgeofthenewrepublic+, Virlin+, Darth_Mauler+, gold34+, thesahdowreaper, RoqueSaber+, bagman22 x2+, Reysan_Aura, Darth_Percocet+++, jedicartographer, dreadtech+, darthsmith+, Docgeo, rattousai x2+, Trackrtar+, Jaing_Skirata+, Fett-87*, elcollector* * = never left ref! ( ) nothing = good trade + = GREAT trade pending: TheAwesomeSlapstick, lukey84, PatonPawic, headache62, Phlash007, JediPartisan, Waylander311, xxCarna6exx if u aren't on my list plz lmk and ill be happy to add u! Hey guys! if you have anything i might remotely want, just se

Well, I've pulled 2 Felcors (not cherrypicking, I bought all the FU boosters in the store both times), and I knew that there was a felcor in that booster each instance before I opened it. They are unmistakeably heavier.
Ah, I've never held a felcor before, I didn't know they were solid plastic......makes sense now. So I guess all three Targets I went to didn't have one because the heaviest ones they had were the spiders.....thanks for the advice.....I really appreciate it.....guess I'll see if they've restocked the shelves and do some legit cherrypicking now
I went back to Target a couple days ago and they had 6 TFU boosters. Picked up each of them and felt them out, and one was like a BRICK! So I decided to buy it. And of course it had a Felcor in it. But that wasn't even the best news - it ALSO had Darth Revan! Smile

Hey, save some for me, guys! I'll be back in the States in two weeks! ;)

One of my local gaming stores is currently offering a "buy two, get a third free" deal on SWM boosters, but the price still works out to about US$11.50 each, so I think I'll wait and see if any of the Targets in the areas I'll be in (Tampa and Philly) have any boosters for the prices you guys are talking about here.

"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G. Allen

Would you like to help build the D&D 5e forum community?
You can start by introducing yourself here.

The Borders in my area has a bunch of swm boosters. Are they going to mark them down to 50% off there to?

That's what I'm wondering, as well. The order to mark these boosters down must have come from WotC, so can we hope to see the same thing happen at our LGS soon?

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

Some Targets near me are starting to get KotOR boosters at $7, the cheapest yet. Got some crap pulls from the few I bought, but it's cool that they're putting out more sets on clearance. Hopefully some LotF and CW will show up with the sale stickers soon!
That's what I'm wondering, as well. The order to mark these boosters down must have come from WotC, so can we hope to see the same thing happen at our LGS soon?

The orders did not come from WotC. What happened is WotC sold all of their remaining stock to wholesale dealers who then distribute the product to the assorted retail chains with a new MSRP sticker on it.

Not a Target or LGS markdown, but I did see that www.coolstuffinc.com has their DT cases marked down to $60 and boosters for only $6.  They do have some other sets on sale, but not that low.  Haven't seen the DT boosters get marked down at Targets either, so slightly on topic.

The orders did not come from WotC. What happened is WotC sold all of their remaining stock to wholesale dealers who then distribute the product to the assorted retail chains with a new MSRP sticker on it.

Ah, gotcha. The retail chains, not particularly knowing (or caring) about this game, are therefore lowering prices. My guess then is that the LGSs, having a bit more 'street sense' about this sort of thing, will probably only be raising prices.

Guess I'll stick to buying singles, then...

I've noticed that at a number of places

Yeah. Everywhere I've been is clearing out their Star Wars stuff, except Toys R Us.  I wonder why that is.  New line of stuff coming out maybe?
Yeah. Everywhere I've been is clearing out their Star Wars stuff, except Toys R Us.  I wonder why that is.  New line of stuff coming out maybe?

There is a major release of action figures and vehicles coming in August (plus Celebration 5 is in August for the 30th anniversary of ESB released).  Walmart and Target usually reset their toy sections then, so Hasbro os gearing up (not only SW, but many of their lines).  So, the big box stores are making room for the new stuff.  TRU put their SW merchandise out early and jacked the prices to grab some quick sales.

There will be new waves - on pretty blue cards - of Clone Wars figs, Saga Legends (which are rehashed figures from over the years) and Vintage style (ESB-themed on the cards from 1980 including the Kenner brand name on the front).  The Saga line will include the stats for the game they are doing with the action figures.  Then by the end of the year, there will be a mail-away option to get a battle map for the figures and the game (all aimed at the kids market).

Probably more info than you wanted when you asked.  Now back to the minis discussion. lol...

There is a major release of action figures and vehicles coming in August (plus Celebration 5 is in August for the 30th anniversary of ESB released).  Walmart and Target usually reset their toy sections then, so Hasbro os gearing up (not only SW, but many of their lines).  So, the big box stores are making room for the new stuff.  TRU put their SW merchandise out early and jacked the prices to grab some quick sales.

There will be new waves - on pretty blue cards - of Clone Wars figs, Saga Legends (which are rehashed figures from over the years) and Vintage style (ESB-themed on the cards from 1980 including the Kenner brand name on the front).  The Saga line will include the stats for the game they are doing with the action figures.  Then by the end of the year, there will be a mail-away option to get a battle map for the figures and the game (all aimed at the kids market).

Probably more info than you wanted when you asked.  Now back to the minis discussion. lol...

Actually, that's NOT more than I wanted to know.  I was a Star Wars collector in general long before the minis came out.  This is ALL of interest to me (although my bank account might not agree).  Do you have any links to this info?  I'd like to know what is coming in the future, if possible.  

On the minis side, it does seem to me that all of this could coincide with an announcement of a new owner of the minis license.  This is just a HUNCH, so I am not offering "proof" that this will happen.  This is just speculation.

Ah, gotcha. The retail chains, not particularly knowing (or caring) about this game, are therefore lowering prices.

No, that's not what's hapening. What's happening is that WotC sold the boosters to the wholesale companies dirt cheap (probably around $3 per booster). The wolesale companies then slap a "Reduced Price" sticker on the product and sell it to retail chains at about $5 per booster. The retail chain then sells it for the marked price.

Actually, that's NOT more than I wanted to know.  I was a Star Wars collector in general long before the minis came out.  This is ALL of interest to me (although my bank account might not agree).  Do you have any links to this info?  I'd like to know what is coming in the future, if possible.  

On the minis side, it does seem to me that all of this could coincide with an announcement of a new owner of the minis license.  This is just a HUNCH, so I am not offering "proof" that this will happen.  This is just speculation.

Vaughn, you need to get over to rebelscum.com, double time. The forums are the place for all star wars action figure news, months ahead of time. 

threads.rebelscum.com/ubbthreads.php

Ah, gotcha. The retail chains, not particularly knowing (or caring) about this game, are therefore lowering prices. My guess then is that the LGSs, having a bit more 'street sense' about this sort of thing, will probably only be raising prices.

Guess I'll stick to buying singles, then...

I'm not sure I follow your logic as to why the prices would be raised.  It's a pure matter of supply and demand.  The general market seems to be going in the direction of a decreasing prices after the WotC announcement.  Why would the LGSs be operating on some different set of economics?  Honestly, I think that the prices at my local LGSs are absurdly high as it is.  There's no way I'm going to be paying $40 for something like Darth Talon.  Raising the prices on the boosters in the current market would be an odd move, unless the LGS is taking the gamble that they will have an increased demand after the supply is eventually gone.  That would be pure speculation that they could get an increased price for it in the future. 
Raising the prices on the boosters in the current market would be an odd move, unless the LGS is taking the gamble that they will have an increased demand after the supply is eventually gone.

This is basically what I'm talking about (based solely on my own LGS). Though instead of saying "raising prices", I should have more correctly said "not lowering prices".