Do RPGA numbers expire?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi everyone,

I have an extremely old RPGA number from a long time ago, possibly 8 or so years ago.  I still have my membership card after all this time, and I've been thinking about trying some RPGA games again.  Will my old number still be accepted, or has it expired?

The membership card says Fellowship-level, and the number is 522428

Thanks in advance Smile

All RPGA numers should have been converted over to DCI numbers (or WPN numbers or whatever they're called now) - the only difference is that you will have to add "100" to the start - so your number becomes 100522428

Allen.

Allen is correct, of course.

Just one clarification...when they merged the RPGA and DCI databases, all RPGA numbers were converted to 9-digit numbers.  If your pre-merge RPGA number had 9 digits, you don't need to do a thing to "convert" it.  If it had fewer than 9 digits, you need to add a "1", and possibly one or more "0"s, to get a 9-digit number.  Vcastiglioni, in your case, since your old RPGA number is a 6-digit one (as were most of them from that era), it means adding "100" in front of your old number.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
I think it may be a bit more complicated than that.  Mine ended up tacking a "21" to the front of my old RPGA number.  I had to open a support ticket when I first tried to log in to the DCI site.
I think it may be a bit more complicated than that.  Mine ended up tacking a "21" to the front of my old RPGA number.  I had to open a support ticket when I first tried to log in to the DCI site.

You have to add a 1 and 0 to get up to 9 numbers, so a 123456 becomes 100123456. In reality, DCI numbers though have 10 numbers, and that first unknown number can be any number, so you could have something like 2100123456. I could log on with both my 9 and 10 number number. I haven't tried the 9 number version in some time though...
The nine-digit numbers still work (I just checked).

So there are three types of number acceptable to the reporting system:

A ten-digit number which most people will see on the virtual membership card when you log in at webapp.wizards.com/personal.aspx

A nine-digit number which is the conversion of an RPGA number using the process outlined above

A shorter number which is an old DCI number and which shouldn't be extended to nine-digits.

Running D&D Adventurers League events in Sheffield, UK from August. Contact me for more details.

You have to add a 1 and 0 to get up to 9 numbers, so a 123456 becomes 100123456. In reality, DCI numbers though have 10 numbers, and that first unknown number can be any number, so you could have something like 2100123456. I could log on with both my 9 and 10 number number. I haven't tried the 9 number version in some time though...

Right...the first number in the 10-digit version (i.e., the number in front of the "100...") seems to be some sort of a control number.  And, as you note, it's not a predictable number.

I've never had an issue logging in without it (though, it sounds like sigfile did).  So, try the "add 100" trick, and if that doesn't work, you may need to contact Customer Service.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
So...

I wonder if Gary Gygax is still RPGA member number 1.

Or 100000001.

LFR Characters: Lady Tiana Elinden Kobori Silverwane - Drow Control Wizard Kro'tak Warscream - Orc Bard Fulcrum of Gond - Warforged Laser Cleric

The 100XXXXXX approach will work for logging in to your account.  When you log in, you'll see Z100XXXXXX, where Z is the random control number.  If you then want to use this number for an original-DCI-related purpose, like the DCI Magic tournament reporter, you'll need the full ten digits.