Set size?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know how many cards will be in the Scars of Mirrodin set? Thanks!
Good M:TG trades with m00se, jakeh
No. Nobody does.

Except the set designers & developers & editors, I suppose.

I see no reason why it wouldn't be standard "large set" size - same as M10, Zen, ROE.
No. Nobody does.

Except the set designers & developers & editors, I suppose.

I see no reason why it wouldn't be standard "large set" size - same as M10, Zen, ROE.

Thanks! The product page didn't have the info yet, so I thought I'd ask.

Being a newbie, I do have a followup question...I know M11 will be a large set, but is there usually a pattern to the sets that follow a Core Set? M10 was a large set, Zen was large, WW was small, then RoE was large again. Do the sets in between each Core Set follow the large-small-large order?
Good M:TG trades with m00se, jakeh
The usual order is Large-Small-Small, like Shards-Con-Reborn. Exceptions are frequent, but they try to stick to the "standard" at least every other year.
The website has a "search" feature. Type "Scars of Mirrodin" into it and you'll find this link:

www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/productarticle...

Sets are released in Blocks, usually three sets in the Large/Small/Small pattern, and Core Sets which exist independently of blocks.

In recent years two Blocks have broken the pattern, Lorwyn/Shadowmoor block was Large/Small/Large/Small with the second Large set going in a completely different direction in terms of themes and mechanics. Zendikar block was Large/Small/Large again with the Large sets being very different. So far, all Small sets continued the themes of the Large set that came before it.