The Chain

9339 posts / 0 new
Last post
A while back, while I was still just a non-posting lurker on YMtC, I used to watch a thread that I thought was really cool, and I'm hoping to recreate it, if people are interested.

The rules are simple. I'll start things off with a criteria for a card.  The first person makes a card to fit that criteria, and then leaves another criteria for the next person.  From then on, each poster does three things:

1st: Rate the card on the previous post.  I think it was on a 0-10 scale, but that probably doesn't matter, so long as you rate the card in a meaningful way.

2nd: Create a card fitting the criteria left for you in the previous post.

3rd: Leave a criteria for the next person.

[EDIT] In the event that two people post at the same time (therefore responding to the same criteria because neither knew about the other one) feel free to choose which of their criterion you would like to submit a card for.  Rate both cards ahead of you if you'd like, but just one would be acceptable, too.

Alright, let's see if this goes anywhere. I'll start with one that might be somewhat tricky.

CRITERIA: Make a card that in some way communicates a sense of gender.

Have fun!
"Oh, no," Chainer said dramatically. "Angels and justicars! The Order has come for me! Whatever shall I do?" He focused on the Mirari back in his chamber, concentrated, and every door in the huge arena slammed shut and melted into the wall around it. His eyes were long gone, and his voice boomed out louder than the announcer's. "Come one, come all. The Mirari awaits. Who is strong enough to take it from me?" - excerpt from Chainer's Torment, by Scott McGough
Gender Bender

Creature – Shapeshifter
3/3

At the beginning of your upkeep, choose one – Gender Bender gets +1/-1 and gains first strike until end of turn; or Gender Bender gets -1/+1 and gains lifelink until end of turn.

Criteria: Make a card that depicts a goblin demigod. Interpret this in any way you choose.
Embrace imagination. Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block
More
Each of its nine tails is imbued with supernatural power, and it can live for a thousand years. My Standard deck: Setting Sun
108516289 wrote:
Think of how Neo couldn't beat the robots, but they kept him around anyways to defeat Agent Smith. Sure, the robots might not like having a Neo running rampant because instead of playing their favorite 4 drop fatty robot, they have to play a bunch of one mana Matrixs to contain him, but at least Neo keeps Agent Smith from reanimating an Iona on turn two.
139359831 wrote:
Are you saying I'm trying to blame my loss on something? I don't care that I lost, I care that he's a sore loser, and a cheater, and a liar.
144902215 wrote:
CKY, are you bad at anything?
144902215 wrote:
I really enjoy imagining this from Kevin's perspective. Because in Kevin's world, Rosewater actually reads everything he types. Mark is sitting there right now, reading this, and thinking "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled. . ." Or some such. He chuckles low, then clicks on "The Best Of KEVINSET" and says "Yes, this'll do just fine. A busty lady with banding who deals direct damage to Zones!? Why this will be the star of my next set, and no one will ever believe you Kevin." Then he closes his Macbook, so his servant may move it out of the way, while another servant puts a Fetal Richard Garfield Clone lathered in Steak Sauce in front of him. Then Mark Feasts. I mean, In KevinWorld, Mark is reading the very words I'm typing as well. Heck, in KevinWorld maybe I am Mark.
99964981 wrote:
I'm beginning to think CKY may be anime in real life...
57150868 wrote:
Don't go anywhere CKY, I need to crash dramatically through your window and propose marriage and I don't want you throwing off my paradrop.
63588923 wrote:
[In response to a thread about how hard grading is] Upon reading this, I've found myself completely unable to operate in the world. I tried to decide what to eat for breakfast, and pondered the vast consequences of my choice. How do I balance my dietary needs against my desire to eat good-tasting food? Should I factor in how long it takes to prepare? Cereal is ready in moments, but bacon takes longer to cook. Then there is the impact on other industries. Do people in the cereal industry deserve to be employed more than people in the bacon industry? Which industry should I support? I don't even have the data regarding HOW MUCH the cereal industry benefits from me eating a bowl of cereal, or how much the bacon industry benefits from me eating a side of bacon. How can I compare two qualities I can't even quantify? And let's not forget the milk on the cereal. In addition to determining whether or not milk is healthy for me, how much that benefits the milk industry, and how much the people in the milk industry deserve my support, we have to factor in the fact that cows are put under brutal conditions in order to collect thier milk. Of course, the same goes for the pigs, and then they get killed. Of course, I really like bacon. So I need to come up with a scale that compares the value of cow happiness to pig happiness to my happiness. What trade-offs am I willing to make here? Does the fact that the pig gets put out of its misery count as a plus or a minus? Isn't bacon bad for me anyway? Deciding what to eat for breakfast (or any meal) is impossible. Help me!
104339228 wrote:
I must admit chinkeeyong, you have the most interesting character ideas; and you play them well.
144902215 wrote:
Anyway, you'd be surprised about Time Stop. When I first saw that card as a relatively new player I didn't see its full potential until I read the reminder text. Is it that unintuitive, though? Mine I mean. What is possibility? Is it possible for me to type these words with my tusks? No, because I don't have tusks. Although I am now tempted to go buy some - obviously not from poachers or whatever - and use them as typing apparatus. I could be the best secretary ever. "What's your words per minute sir?" "Well, only six, but I use these tusks to type them." "You're hired!" That was the interview. And is anyone else disappointed that "apparati" is not the plural form of apparatus? I just could strangle a dictionary, because "apparatuses" is a real word. I guess it sounds pretty cool. I'll call them my Apparatusks.

[Spoiler 87/100 B or 9/10]

Overall Design-31/40-It’s a great card, but it’s a little weak in the flavor department. It works great mechanically and it’s a great card, but it needs some work to make it whole.

Mechanics-25/25-Great mechanics. I love shapeshifters!

Flavor-12/15-A little weak. Assuming I have it right, why do men get first strike and women get lifelink?

Grammar-15/15-Great work!

Personal Favor-4/5-I love shapeshifters![/spoiler]

Rallah, Squee's Mother :3mana:
Legendary Creature-Goblin Matron (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a legendary 1/1 red Goblin creature token named "Squee, Goblin Nabod" onto the battlefield.
~ is indestructible.
Rallah brought Squee into world and Rallah take him out!
1/1

Criterion: Design the embodiment of a smell.

#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.
@Nikior: Thanks. Meh gender stereotypes are pretty much the only way to satisfy the criterion.

Rallah, Squee's Mother gets a 6/10. While it's humorous and flavorful, it's not even close to being playable (the token doesn't even have haste) and it doesn't really register as a demigod to me.

Stench Elemental

Creature – Elemental
3/3

Stench Elemental can't be blocked except by artifact creatures.
Other creatures get -1/-1.

An embodiment of an odor so vile that drains the life from others, even the lowliest skeleton is loathe to brush with it.

Criteria: Design an Aura that enchants instants in a graveyard. :P
Embrace imagination. Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block
More
Each of its nine tails is imbued with supernatural power, and it can live for a thousand years. My Standard deck: Setting Sun
108516289 wrote:
Think of how Neo couldn't beat the robots, but they kept him around anyways to defeat Agent Smith. Sure, the robots might not like having a Neo running rampant because instead of playing their favorite 4 drop fatty robot, they have to play a bunch of one mana Matrixs to contain him, but at least Neo keeps Agent Smith from reanimating an Iona on turn two.
139359831 wrote:
Are you saying I'm trying to blame my loss on something? I don't care that I lost, I care that he's a sore loser, and a cheater, and a liar.
144902215 wrote:
144902215 wrote:
I really enjoy imagining this from Kevin's perspective. Because in Kevin's world, Rosewater actually reads everything he types. Mark is sitting there right now, reading this, and thinking "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled. . ." Or some such. He chuckles low, then clicks on "The Best Of KEVINSET" and says "Yes, this'll do just fine. A busty lady with banding who deals direct damage to Zones!? Why this will be the star of my next set, and no one will ever believe you Kevin." Then he closes his Macbook, so his servant may move it out of the way, while another servant puts a Fetal Richard Garfield Clone lathered in Steak Sauce in front of him. Then Mark Feasts. I mean, In KevinWorld, Mark is reading the very words I'm typing as well. Heck, in KevinWorld maybe I am Mark.
99964981 wrote:
57150868 wrote:
Don't go anywhere CKY, I need to crash dramatically through your window and propose marriage and I don't want you throwing off my paradrop.
63588923 wrote:
[In response to a thread about how hard grading is] Upon reading this, I've found myself completely unable to operate in the world. I tried to decide what to eat for breakfast, and pondered the vast consequences of my choice. How do I balance my dietary needs against my desire to eat good-tasting food? Should I factor in how long it takes to prepare? Cereal is ready in moments, but bacon takes longer to cook. Then there is the impact on other industries. Do people in the cereal industry deserve to be employed more than people in the bacon industry? Which industry should I support? I don't even have the data regarding HOW MUCH the cereal industry benefits from me eating a bowl of cereal, or how much the bacon industry benefits from me eating a side of bacon. How can I compare two qualities I can't even quantify? And let's not forget the milk on the cereal. In addition to determining whether or not milk is healthy for me, how much that benefits the milk industry, and how much the people in the milk industry deserve my support, we have to factor in the fact that cows are put under brutal conditions in order to collect thier milk. Of course, the same goes for the pigs, and then they get killed. Of course, I really like bacon. So I need to come up with a scale that compares the value of cow happiness to pig happiness to my happiness. What trade-offs am I willing to make here? Does the fact that the pig gets put out of its misery count as a plus or a minus? Isn't bacon bad for me anyway? Deciding what to eat for breakfast (or any meal) is impossible. Help me!
104339228 wrote:
I must admit chinkeeyong, you have the most interesting character ideas; and you play them well.
144902215 wrote:
Anyway, you'd be surprised about Time Stop. When I first saw that card as a relatively new player I didn't see its full potential until I read the reminder text. Is it that unintuitive, though? Mine I mean. What is possibility? Is it possible for me to type these words with my tusks? No, because I don't have tusks. Although I am now tempted to go buy some - obviously not from poachers or whatever - and use them as typing apparatus. I could be the best secretary ever. "What's your words per minute sir?" "Well, only six, but I use these tusks to type them." "You're hired!" That was the interview. And is anyone else disappointed that "apparati" is not the plural form of apparatus? I just could strangle a dictionary, because "apparatuses" is a real word. I guess it sounds pretty cool. I'll call them my Apparatusks.
Stench Elemental - Very nice and very flavorful.  Well done! 10/10

Spell-soul Reanimation
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant instant card in a graveyard
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 0/1 blue and black Illusion creature token onto the battlefield with ", sacrifice this creature: Cast the instant card enchanted by ~ without paying its mana cost."

Criteria: Create a Minotaur creature that is not red or artifact that makes sense flavor-wise.
"Oh, no," Chainer said dramatically. "Angels and justicars! The Order has come for me! Whatever shall I do?" He focused on the Mirari back in his chamber, concentrated, and every door in the huge arena slammed shut and melted into the wall around it. His eyes were long gone, and his voice boomed out louder than the announcer's. "Come one, come all. The Mirari awaits. Who is strong enough to take it from me?" - excerpt from Chainer's Torment, by Scott McGough
Nice job on the Spell-soul Reanimation.  I love the way you worked it out 10/10.

Talruum Wayfinder
2GG
Creature - Minotaur Druid
When Talruum Wayfinder enters the battlefield you may search your library for a land card and put it into play.
1/3
"If only I could hurt him without feeling guilty." - Tahngarth, Talruum Hero

Next up...

Make a card that is an Insect Horror.
7/10 - definitely fits the criterion, but it's a bit bland.  it's a green minotaur, but, except for the name and typeline, there's nothing paerticulary minotaur-y about it.  Could be any kind of druid like that.

Velshat Hive-Mother

Creature - Insect Horror
Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.
Whenever a creature with a -1/-1 counter is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a 1/1 green Insect creature token onto the battlefield for each -1/-1 counter on that creature.
3/3

next, a card about stealth.
First ability is nice, it can kill creatures with 4 toughness. The second ability synergises with the first and also isn't overpowered. It's a great design, but something about it bugs me, dunno what 9/10

Selesnya Huntmaster |
Creature - Elf Archer
Shroud
:symtap:: Selesnya’s Sniper deals damage equal to its power to target attacking or blocking creature.
The first things taught to new hunters are patience, patience and patience. The prey will show up eventually.
1/3

Criteria: Create a card about modern warfare (not the game) that fits into magic
Accidents happen on purpose I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
00009dt7

Criteria: Create a creature that has a UNIQUE tribal effect (read: not just +1/+1 or giving keywords) for a creature type that has never been made tribal.
I love that we're getting some people invovled, and I very much want to see this continue! So I don't want this to sound negative, but rather a nice, friendly reminder.  Please try to remember to rate the card in front of you, as well.  After all, YMtC is about challenging ourselves (and each other) in the hope of getting better, and feedback is helpful in that.  Keep on posting!
8/10, I like the blitz element but i feel that it is somewhat random mechanically. destroying a land and then getting a creature ready to attack next turn doesn't click for me.

Slight Elevation -

Tribal Enchantment - Ooze

Oozes you control have haste.

Criteria - Create a card that represents a cactus.
IMAGE(http://kherkeep.com/images/smilies/plowbeast.png)Why can't everyone see the inherent goodness in destruction? Or the evil in creation? A forest cannot live without the nutrients provided by the destructive force of a forest fire. And if I am wrong, then why is lifeblood of creation - water - the most destructive force on the planet? 701.4. Cast
Meh. Doesn't really motivate me to build an Ooze deck (especially since they're red/green) and there aren't too many Oozes to build with anyway. Also, blue doesn't get haste and it needs to specify Ooze creatures.

Cactus
Creature - Plant Wall
Defender, Wither
2/3

Pretty easy one: Create a monocolored split card with two different mana costs.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Round 1: Maraxas-of-Keld, Cryos_Icy_Manipulator Round 2: Dr_Demento, UltraMaximum Round 3: Dr_Demento, Keino Round 4: KunouNoHana Round 5: Maraxas-of-Keld, Stigma_Lasher Round 6: royinator Round 7: forty2j Round 8: Qazior Round 9: Qazior Round 10: Could be you link
Split Cards
Winner: dberry02
Pac-Man
Round 1: Fallingman
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
I just love how focused the YMtC community is.
56901828 wrote:
That's what I love about posting on these forums. Everyone's an expert(except for me).
57031358 wrote:
really no need to be so bitchy.
58021268 wrote:
@Edacade: Awright kid you go on ahead and do your thing and don't let anyone tell you different y'hear
58335208 wrote:
City of Asymmetrical Beings Land :T:, sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with the same converted mana cost as the sacrificed creature.
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
Might I just interject that making this a meme is the worst idea in magic in my opinion. It is too overpowered. It encourages cheating it in play. Essentially 99/100 times it is cheated in play instead of hardcast. Not only that, but you essentially win when it comes into play.
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Make five-color hybrid tribal instant with buyback, kicker, cycling, card draw, token production, a steal effect, alternate casting cost and landfall that embodies the love that your mom and I share.
I think you just killed all chances of my card being elegant. Ardency :1mana::symwu::symbr: Tribal Instant - Soldier You may have target opponent gain control of 3 permanents you control rather than pay ~'s mana cost. As an additional cost to cast ~, choose two creatures you control, and sacrifice the rest. If you control a soldier, you can't sacrifice permanents this turn. Landfall - If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, instead choose 4 creatures. Kicker You get an emblem with "As long as you control both chosen creatures, they have protection from everything." If ~ was kicked, creatures you control get +1/+1 for each creature card in your graveyard until end of turn. Cycling :2mana: When you cycle ~, put two 2/2 Soldier creatures onto the battlefield. Would this EVER fit on a card?~
Aside from a few wording mishaps (should say "each chosen creature" because it's not necessarily two) this is nice. Very simple and elegant. I like the alternate cost a lot, and the kicker goes nicely with the sacrifice. However, the cycling seems a bit powerful (4 power and a card for 3? Cycling is supposed be bad. 8/10 EDIT: Just looked up "ardency". Lol.
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
I'm immortalized too as long as no one deletes this post!
But in the shadow of the great one lurked many who sought to partake of his eternal glory.
Since when am I "many"?
You're a whole damn city.
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect Sorcery As an additional cost to cast Vivisect, sacrifice a creature. Draw three cards. "For the sake of humanity," the surgeon whispered. The knife had never felt heavier in his hand.
I don't think a world that sacrifices so much would want to stop the making of children .
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
I read over two hundred webcomics on a regular basis. "Terrible" doesn't even begin to describe me.
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
I think that this is the first wizards-community thread that actually made me laugh out loud. Maraxas, I love you.
IMAGE(http://www.free-smiley-faces.de/free-animated-smileys_Smileys-animiert-kostenlos/free-animated-smiley-love_smiley-herz-animiert-kostenlos_250x250.gif)
58347268 wrote:
batman is a jerk in all of my dreams
mafia is fun so play it
Meh. Doesn't really motivate me to build an Ooze deck (especially since they're red/green) and there aren't too many Oozes to build with anyway. Also, blue doesn't get haste and it needs to specify Ooze creatures.

Cactus
Creature - Plant Wall
Defender, Wither
2/3

What is your criteria?
8/10-  What's there to say?  It's a cactus.  I can see where the wither's coming from, all those spines.  Would be higher if it had a desert homage in there somewhere.

Balton's Legerdemain
Instant
You may play ~ flipped.
Gain control of target spell.  You may choose new targets for that spell.
///////////////////////////////////////////
Balton the Sly
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard Rogue
:  Change the target of target spell.
2/3
edit- didn't see teh word "split"

Myth ////Legend
Instant
Exile target attacking creature.
Ten thousand soldiers, three decades of fortress-building, and millions in military costs, against what?  A fantasy?
///////
Instant
Target blocking creature gets +4/+4.
We hold the line here, men.  Either our grandchildren will sings songs fo this day, or there'll be none left to remember it.

criterion-a card that "grades" your perfoemance in the game.
Pretty solid offense/defense card, though I doubt the second one would ever really get used. Fits white perfectly and I like the names though I think the flavor is a bit of a reach but its creative.

Soulkeep
Enchantment
At the beginning of your end step gain 3 life if you have more life than target opponent with the lowest life, lose 3 life if you have less life than that player
The soul rewards those who take care of it

Interesting criteria, hopefully this fulfills it.

Create an enemy 3 color creature with a mana cost equal to its 3 colors, ex. WBG, RUG, etc that incorporates each color in some way, but isn't just cut and paste abilities 
Ashes to Growth
Enchantment
You may cast instant or sorcery cards from your graveyard.
When you cast an instant or sorcery, target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is that spell's converted mana cost. 

Create a 1 cmc card at Mythic rarity. 
My Resume
57106328 wrote:

And the trophy for the round goes to:
trophy.png DrJWilson - I really like how all the abilities worked together to create a really sweet card. This will be a popular pick for sure.

57718868 wrote:
1) DrJWilson 2) Silly Dragons 3) Libe
58325628 wrote:
Excellent design. Always loved Doubling Season and this card is an awesome variation on that.
58234648 wrote:
As for the card itself, it is quite possible the best use of mono-red vigilance I've ever seen on the boards. Well done.
58234648 wrote:
Love it.
58234648 wrote:
Very good design.
58025228 wrote:
I love it. Just find a good deck to use it against.
58025228 wrote:
i like it. I can imagine a bear eating a land or something then farting out the land's essence.
58325628 wrote:
Reminds me of a card I was working on earlier. I love the flavor and mechanics of this card. Great design and brilliant concept.
93144081 wrote:
I don't care if the white zombies are off, I just really like this card. Also seems likes its got a backstory I'd like to hear about. Like how I was interested in Anowon, the Ruin Sage before I realized he came from a web comic.
[quote author=64133868 post=462195821]
83237429 wrote:
88993869 wrote:
<3
58021268 wrote:
<4
<5 XD
Ashes to Growth: 8/10. I see red and blue in the instant and sorcery synergy, and green in the recursion and pump. The second ability feels a bit redundant, since the first ability is already awesome.

Jwari White Hydra

Creature – Hydra (M)
0/0

Islandwalk, shroud
Jwari White Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever damage would be dealt to Jwari White Hydra, regenerate it and remove that many +1/+1 counters from it instead.
: Put X +1/+1 counters on Jwari White Hydra.

Five silver heads danced on the silhouette of Jwar Isle, their cries mysterious and terrible.

Criteria: Create a card to represent the concept of awesomeness.
More
108516289 wrote:
139359831 wrote:
144902215 wrote:
144902215 wrote:
99964981 wrote:
57150868 wrote:
63588923 wrote:
104339228 wrote:
144902215 wrote:
Seems a bit powerful. for an Islandwalk/Shroud 4/4 creature that regenerates (even if it loses strength from it) and can put more counters on it?  Doesn't feel very blue. If you made it green, and took away Islandwalk and gave it Trample, I'd be more comfortable with it.

Phenomenal Phenotype

Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and has all abilities of other creatures on the battlefield that share a type with it.
"What an incredible display of teeth and muscle!" - Sir Winston Aldobritch, Safari Coordinator

Create a red card that cares about blue things, or a blue card that cares about red things, or a red/blue card that cares about things.
Imagine this in a Sliver deck. Ouch !
I would like this if it said activated abilities (maybe also triggered), but all abilities could be too easy to abuse.
Thumbs up for creating a playable aura though.

Velomorph

Creature - Weird

If  was spent to cast ~, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter and it has "Each player can cast blue spells only any time he or she could cast a sorcery".
If  was spent to cast ~, it enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter and it has "Red spells that aren't on the battlefield have flash".
2/2

Criteria: We already got provoke, evoke and convoke. It's time for invoke.
Good luck!

So it goes.
7/10 Very nice flavour and appropriate color abilities. Only criticism I have is that it benefits a red deck a lot more than a blue deck; as in, spend just red and you get a 3/3 for 2 that shuts down counterpells, which is a bit OP in a burn deck. Spend just blue, and you get a 1/1 for 2 that only benefits you if your playing a red/blue deck and may hurt you if your opponent plays a burn deck.

Still, nice card.

Here's my uninspired contribution:

Bespoiler :5mana::B::B::B:
Creature - Demon
Flying, deathtouch
Invoke 5 (You may sacrifice 5 permanents that share a color with Bespoiler instead of paying its mana cost. If you do, it has flash.)
8/5

Criteria:
Make a card that combines 2 card types. ie, Artifact Plaenswalker, Enchantment Land etc.
I'll give you a 9/10: Very nice idea with invoke, flavour fits perfectly for demons, think it's balanced. Also, I just like like big demons^^

Arising  Demon PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Creature - Demon
Flying
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket: All Creatures target player controls get -1/-1 until end of turn
If no other player controls a creature, flip Arising Demon and put 5 loyality counters on it.
5/5
/////////////
Trelog, the Destroyer
Planeswalker - Trelog
+2: Destroy target creature.
-3: Destroy two target permanents.
-13: Destroy all nonblack permanents. Each player loses one life for each permanent he or she owns destroyed that way.

(M)

Criteria: Create a flavourful blue creature destroy spell
8/10 Very nice flavour, pretty well balanced I'd say. Planeswalker is very powerful, but I guess it takes a while to get to him, so not OP. Maybe make the initial cast cost 1 higher.

Anyway, as it turns out, I already have such a card lined up:

Render:

Wrath of the Deep :6mana::U::U:
Tribal Sorcery - Kraken
When you cast Wrath of the Deep, counter it unless an opponent controls an Island.
Exile all creatures without islandwalk.
Wrath of the Deep costs :6mana: less to cast if you control a Kraken.
“The seabed shall stir from it’s slumber, and mankind’s dominion over the oceans shall end with high tide.”

Not exactly destroy, but pretty much the same thing. Hope this fits your criteria

Criteria:
Create a functional creature with 0 toughness.
9/10
Great removal in matters of flavor and stuff. Might be a bit too strong though if you include small krakens, like kraken hatchling or the smaller changelings.

Stillborn Thrull :B:
Creature - Thrull Mutant
When ~this~ is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a black 1/1 black ooze creature token into play.
At the beginning of each end step, you may return ~this~ from your graveyard to your hand.
0/0
"Eeew, back to the drawing board." —Endrek Sahr, master breeder

Next:
Create a new volver for one of the alara shards.
You need more lands! You need more card draw! You need more removal!
Stillborn Thrull - 5/10 It's a repeatable spell that makes sac'able creatures or chump blockers for 1 mana, making it a powerful spell.  But I can't give you more than 5/10 because of how utterly disturbing the flavor of this card is.

Etheravolver -
Artifact Creature - Volver
Kicker and/or
If ~ was kicked with its kicker, it enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it and with "sacrifice an artifact you control: Regenerate ~."
If ~ was kicked with its kicker, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it and with "other artifact creatures you control get +1/+1."
1/1

Criteria: It's my birthday today, so make a card that ages interestingly.

Shameless Self-Promotion

These are the MTG Fiction pieces I have written:

Planes of the Dual-Walkers
Allo's Fortnight
The Butcher's Cleaver
Dead Man 'Walking
Showdown
Pariah
Deals and Devils
The Tears of the Djinn
Cromat Comes
Kiss of the Shorecerers
Numerous poems in The Poetry Plane
Magic: The Musical

Please read and comment! I love hearing people's thoughts and reactions to my work!

10/10 Very beautifully done. Especially like the white ability more so than the black one. But both fits extremely well for the color and for Esper.

Spellcraft Ritual :xmana:
Enchantment
~ enters the battlefield with X age counters.
Cumulative upkeep - 1 life, draw a card.
When you put an age counter on ~, if the number of counters is divisible by 2, you may cast an instant or sorcery with coverted mana cost equal or less than the number of age counters without paying its mana cost.

Criteria: Create a card that could potentially draw the game (in flavor of the high amount of tie game that's happening in World Cup).

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

10/10 Very beautifully done. Especially like the white ability more so than the black one. But both fits extremely well for the color and for Esper.

Spellcraft Ritual :xmana:
Enchantment
~ enters the battlefield with X age counters.
Cumulative upkeep - 1 life, draw a card.
When you put an age counter on ~, if the number of counters is divisible by 2, you may cast an instant or sorcery with coverted mana cost equal or less than the number of age counters without paying its mana cost.

Criteria: Create a card that could potentially draw the game (in flavor of the high amount of tie game that's happening in World Cup).

And interesting enough design, but the divisible by two part seems a bit clunky. Personally I strongly dislike cumulative upkeep, but that's just my opinion.

Time Pocket
Enchantment

Player's can't take extra turns.
Players play their turns simultaneously (Each phase resolves for each player's turn at the same time.)

With each player drawing at the same time, they could potentially all have no cards left in their library and thus draw the game.
VawnoTheDawn, do you have a criteria for the next person?

Good work so far, everyone, but please try to remember all three parts, rate, submission, criteria.  Thanks!
Alright, in the hopes of preventing this thread from out-right dying, whenever people forget a criteria, I'll try to step in and provide one.

Criteria: Create a card that represents some kind of intervention.
Time Pocket gets an 8/10. Neat concept, but I see the rules getting out of control incredibly fast.

Meddling Intervention

Instant

End the phase.

Criteria: Make a card that represents the vorpal sword from Lewis Carroll's famous poem, Jabberwocky.
More
108516289 wrote:
139359831 wrote:
144902215 wrote:
144902215 wrote:
99964981 wrote:
57150868 wrote:
63588923 wrote:
104339228 wrote:
144902215 wrote:
9/10 Nice flavour, in colour and balanced for its mana cost.

Since there's not much to go on in the poem, I took the idea of the protagonist 'hunting down his foe' with the Vorpal Sword (cool name).

Render:

Oops, typo...

Vorpal Sword :4mana:
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, put that number of charge counters on Vorpal Sword.
Remove 8 charge counters from Vorpal Sword: Exile target creature; or search your opponents graveyard, hand and library for a creature card and exile it. That player shuffles their library.
Equip :4mana:

Criteria:
Create a serious, playable card which features the :millionmana: symbol in its casting cost or rules text (may be impossible).
Time Pocket gets an 8/10. Neat concept, but I see the rules getting out of control incredibly fast.

Meddling Intervention

Instant

End the phase.

Criteria: Make a card that represents the vorpal sword from Lewis Carroll's famous poem, Jabberwocky.

6/10. Sorry. Time Stop was a cool card but I never understood the "exile all spells on stack" part. It was kinda forced and sounded like WotC made up rules just like that. (Not even in the comprehensive rule states that spells cannot be carried over turn.) While this is a bold attempt, I feel they have so much resemblance and shares the same confusion.

Vorpal Sword
Artifact - Equipment
When equipped creature attacks, destroy target creature with power 4 or greater defending player controls.
Equip 2/w 2/w

Criteria: Make a win card. We don't have enough of them. Please be creative and simple.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

Meddling Intervention

Instant

End the phase.

6/10. Sorry. Time Stop was a cool card but I never understood the "exile all spells on stack" part. It was kinda forced and sounded like WotC made up rules just like that. (Not even in the comprehensive rule states that spells cannot be carried over turn.) While this is a bold attempt, I feel they have so much resemblance and shares the same confusion.

Vorpal Sword
Artifact - Equipment
When equipped creature attacks, destroy target creature with power 4 or greater defending player controls.
Equip 2/w 2/w

Criteria: Make a win card. We don't have enough of them. Please be creative and simple.

World Domination
Enchantment (R)

, Sacrifice a creature: Search your library for a land card and put it into play tapped.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control 20 or more lands, you win the game.

Criteria: Create a blue Cleric that is flavorful as both a cleric and a blue creature.

[spoiler Cheesesack 73/100 C or 7/10]

Appeal-18/25-It's flashy, if nothing else. Fair in limited. Good in constructed.

Flavor-23/25-Good use of vorpal. Good flavor.

Mechanics-13/25-Exile anything from anywhere? Not really that balanced. It's a little broken.

Grammar-17/20-Then, that player shuffles there library.

Personal Favor-2/5-Fascinating[/spoiler]

[spoiler Theatog 85/100 B or 9/10]

Appeal-24/25-Excellent in both limited and constructed.

Flavor-14/25-Pretty good. A little weak, though.

Mechanics-24/25-Good. Balanced.

Grammar-20/20-Yep.

Personal Favor-3/5-Decent[/spoiler]

Unlimited Power :millionmana:
Sorcery
If you cast ~ without paying its mana cost, you lose the game.
You win the game.

You bother making a card with both of those. (Don't!)

Criteria: Design a tamed basilisk without using "deathtouch."

Edit: Ignore mine, but I refuse to delete it at this time. Look above this post.

Edit Again: Thanks MystErikEry

#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.
(Not even in the comprehensive rule states that spells cannot be carried over turn.)

Well, it's implied by the fact that the game isn't permitted to move to the next step or phase or to the following turn unless the stack is empty, as a general rule, so it would be weird to end the turn, start the next turn, untap, begin the upkeep, and then start having to resolve things on the stack. I mean, consider the general rule of not moving to the next step or phase unless the stack is empty (and, if players get priority at all, they pass in succession). Consider the untap step. No player gets priority, but if there's a spell in the stack at that time, isn't that going to be "A Bad Thing"?

End the Turn needed a special rules entry, it's true, but I think it's intuitive: You simply stop everything that's going on right now, and move on to the next person's turn.

Anyway:

Silvergill Seapraiser

Creature - Merfolk Cleric
Sacrifice an island: Regenerate target blue creature.
"I dream of a world surrounded by an expanse of water whose waves crash upon the shore and shelter us from disturbance by boggart or otherise." - Shyrigg, Seapraiser Bishop
2/1 

Design a tamed basilisk without using "deathtouch". 
For the record, now that this multiple-post thing has come up (and I know remember this happened before, too) I think it's only fair to allow the next poster to choose which criteria they'd like to make a card for.  It would be nice if you rated both cards, but I won't make that a requirement.  This is supposed to be for fun, after all.

I'll edit the OP to make that clear.  BTW, thanks for participating, everyone!  I've been really impressed so far!
7/10 @ the blue cleric
It's alright. Dunno if sacrificing islands is something merfolk often do (I guess it's more the krakens and leviathans or something) but fits the criteria and is playable too.

Tamed Basilisk  mana_2.gif
Creature - Basilisk
Whenever a creature deals damage to Tamed Basilisk, destroy that creature at end of turn. If that creature is destroyed this way, put a colorless 0/2 stone token into play, for each damage it dealt to Tamed Basilisk this turn.
3/5
It's gaze is harmless, it's blood is not.

Criteria:
Create another eye-creature, that fits flavorwise to the existing eye-creatures. (Evil Eye of Orms-by-Gore and Evil Eye of Urborg)

So its a +1/+1 Basalt Golem? 6/10, While it doesn't have Deathtouch, it still feels like Deathtouch. I think I would have liked it to do something besides destroying creatures?

Eye of Fate 
Creature- Eye
Whenever an opponent draws a card, you may untap Eye of Fate.
, : Return target creature you don't control to its owners hand. Its controller may draw a card.
3/5

Criteria: A mono-colored noggle.

So its a +1/+1 Basalt Golem? 6/10, While it doesn't have Deathtouch, it still feels like Deathtouch. I think I would have liked it to do something besides destroying creatures? Also, criteria?

Criteria is written there.
If it's a basalt golem? They got different mechanics, p/t, creature types, cmc, color, abilities, and flavor. If you consider them to be the same then mtg must be pretty boring for you.
So its a +1/+1 Basalt Golem? 6/10, While it doesn't have Deathtouch, it still feels like Deathtouch. I think I would have liked it to do something besides destroying creatures?

Eye of Fate 
Creature- Eye
Whenever an opponent draws a card, you may untap Eye of Fate.
, : Return target creature you don't control to its owners hand. Its controller may draw a card.
3/5

Criteria: A mono-colored noggle.

7/10 A good creature, but I'm not sure how well it fits in with the other eyes.

Noggle Mud-chucker
Creature - Noggle Rogue

, : Tap target creature
2/1

The idea here is that he's scooping up mud from your lands and throwing it in another creature's eyes.

Criteria: Create a creature that has different abilities that activate when certain type lands enter theb attlefield under your and/or your opponent's control.
Eternal Thirster

Creature - Treefolk
Swamps and islands enter the battlefield tapped.
Whenever a swamp or island enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on Eternal Thirster.
Whenever a plains or mountain enters the battlefield, tap Eternal Thirster and remove a +1/+1 counter from it.
"This dryness torments me. I would drink the ocean if I thought it could slake my thirst! My roots yearn for more!"
0/3 

Create a card that cares about odds or evens. 
6/10
A little bit less.

Champions Only                 RedRedRedRed  
Enchantment                               {C}      
Play this enchantment only when all players control a creature.

Every creature enters the battlefield with a champion counter on it, that creature's controller must sacrifice it unless a target creature was exile. When a creature with a champion counter enters the graveyard that creature is championed and exile instead by target exiled creature that creature's controller owns then placed the champion counters with all other counters found on that creature on the target exiled creature returning to the battlefield.

Creatures with champion counters has haste.

Create a permanent with global effect that hampers not prevent all creatures from causing combat damage during combat phases.

EDIT: Thought of a bigger way to headache

Who/What Am I?
"I might have been a hmmm... eh-eh well, y'kno but, instead" I'm a fighter... --
peacekeepermedc.gif -- ...not a lover. This signature concept is from "http://www.pathguy.com/index2.htm"
html_removed
What I Doing Here?
@MTG Forums. Contestant: A Contest Like No Other hosted by Fakeartist. An Angelic Aspect In The Wild, Wild World Of The Mata Hari's Agency. @DnD Forums. Digital Artist In Training: What Do YOU Think MY Character Looks Like's Thread - @4e Character Development forum. Player (Osborn) - Bounty Hunter (Fighter DnDNext): DnD presents The Walking Dead @Play By Post Forum. Player (Shana Zorus) - Professional Bodyguard/Adventurer (Hybrid Warden/Paladin 4e): The Unhallowed Gate @Play By Post Haven Forum (DM by ffShadow) Player (Krist Breeze) - Twiceborn War Mage/Imbuer (Hybrid Warlord/Wizard 4e): Castle Greyhawk - @Real Adventures (DM by Icanus) Player (Blyne Munro) - Happy-Go-Lucky Scout/Explorer (Warlock 4e) Domain of Shadows-Darkness Falls - Play By Post Haven (DM by WhisperMagellan) Player (Ansmril) - Vistani Blessed Psalmist (Bard/Shaman 4e) The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good - (And I'm The DM) DM - The Young Mercenaries/Ps'V-GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Unlikely Diplomats/Ps'V- GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good/Ps'V GoodShip Diplomacy. Referee - People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Oz League: The Ardent Lord w/People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Ps'V = The Players' Vault Forum Group In Which I'm The Owner Of.