Knight of the Reliquary + Tron?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was reading this article about how Knight Of The Reliquary is getting used in Zoo, Aggro Loam, Countertop and New Horizon decks over at legacy. So i wondered how that would deal in conjunction with Urza's Power Plant ,Urza's Mine and Urza's Tower or maybe Cloudposts over at extended.

I'm just wondering how this idea in general could fare in extended, seeing as a couple of years ago Gifts-tron seemed to be one quite a good deck.

I'm thinking something along the Natural Order decks, general aggro-control, with tarmogoyf and the lot along a big finisher.

Any thoughts?

as a side note, is aggro loam viable at all this days? 
Highly unlikely. The problem is that Reliquary has to sacrifice a Forest or Plains and Tron has enough problems with mana as it is.
Current decks: Type II: B/R Vampires Extended: Modern: U/G Scapeshift 1.5: Ichorid, Elf Combo
Why run KotR when Gifts+LftL/Crucible fixes more reliably.

Granted, KotR can swing for massive damage, but then you'd not be fetching anything. What's the point of having him when Tron's mana powers out better dudes.
Deck Critique VCL
Show
Rules Advisor Don't assume I have read any response you might have made directed toward me in a thread or post. The best method to contact me is Private Message as I will always check there upon logging on Please review the Code of Conduct or the Comprehensive Rules when in doubt. Also, please use Google for your easy-to-answer questions. Read this for a bit on game mathematics. This is information on game psychology and the infamous term "scrub." Autocard:
[c]Gifts Ungiven[/c] -> Gifts Ungiven
royk's Tradesroyk's Deck Dump
Like Royk said, you're better of just using Gifts Ungiven.  Tron wants its pieces in addition to, not instead of, colored lands.  Plus, KotR will generally be slower and more vulnerable than Gifts if you're looking to set up the Urzatron.
Sign In to post comments