Worldprism [Set/Card Dump]

130 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for a set I am making, Worldprism (I am not entirely happy with the name and it is subject to change). I will post card and mechanic ideas for your feedback. (This is my first time making a set so please be patient with my mistakes)

Story
The storyline is still in its infancy and pretty rough. Here's what I have (mostly background):
The plane of Micophia is a planet made entirely of crystal.
It is a giant prism covered in earth, rock, water, and vegetation. Holes in the crust reveal the crystalline mantle, which produces rainbows. These areas are a source of all colors of mana and of color-based magic. The Chameleon shapeshifters breed here. They are like the crystal itself, changing, reflecting. Color magic is in their essence. The plane's other inhabitants both fear and worship them. This set follows the story of that world-prism.

Cards

White

Rares
Ward-Mother mana_1.gifwhitemana.gif
Creature - Human Cleric
tap.gif: Target white creature gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn. Treat this ability as though it were colorless.
1/1

Commons
Light's Reflection whitemana.gif
Instant (c)
Target white creature gains protection from black and red until end of turn.

Sun's Judgment mana_2.gifwhitemana.gif
Instant (C)
Radiance - Destroy target attacking creature and each attacking creature that shares a color with it.

Blue

Rares
Discombobulator mana_1.gifbluemana.gif
Creature - Human Wizard
tap.gif: Each blue creature's power becomes 0 until end of turn.
1/1

Uncommons
Seastorm Chameleon mana_3.gifbluemana.gif
Creature - Shapeshifter Spirit (U)
Flying, Chameleon (This card has protection from spells that share a color with it)
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell, that spell's controller may change ~'s color to the color of their choice.
2/2

Commons
Water's Reflection bluemana.gif
Instant (c)
Target blue creature gains protection from red and green until end of turn.

Moon's Knowledge mana_1.gifbluemana.gif
Instant (C)
Radiance - Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of creatures that share a color with target creature, then put them back in any order.
Draw a card.

Black

Rares
Rainbow Hunter mana_1.gifblackmana.gifblackmana.gif
Creature - Human Assassin (R)
tap.gif: Destroy target multicolored creature. If that creature was white, blue, black, green and red, untap ~. Treat this ability as though it is colorless.
1/1
He is the pot of gold.

Shadestalker mana_1.gifblackmana.gif
tap.gif: Destroy target black creature. Treat this ability as though it is colorless.
1/1
He'll hunt down anything that walks the night, but Shadow Chameleons are his specialty.

Uncommons
Persecution mana_2.gifblackmana.gifblackmana.gif
Instant (U)
Radiance - Target creature and each creature that shares a color with it get -3/-3 until end of turn

Commons
Lightspurner mana_2.gifblackmana.gif
Creature - Human Rogue (C)
Intimidate
2/2

Shadow's Reflection blackmana.gif
Instant (c)
Target black creature gains protection from green and white until end of turn.

Night's Distress blackmana.gif
Instant (C)
Radiance - Target player reveals a number of cards from his or her hand equal to the number of creatures that share a color with target creature. You choose one of them. That player discards that card.

Red

Rares
Pyroblast Mage mana_1.gifredmana.gif
Creature - Human Shaman (R)
tap.gif: ~ deals 2 damage to target red creature and 2 damage to that creature's controller. Treat this ability as though it is colorless.
1/1

Commons
Fire's Reflection redmana.gif
Instant (c)
Target red creature gains protection from white and blue until end of turn.

Star's Vengeance mana_3.gifredmana.gif
Sorcery (C)
Radiance - ~ deals 2 damage to target creature and each creature that shares a color with it.

Green

Rares
Caller of the Hunt mana_1.gifgreenmana.gif
Creature - Elf Scout
tap.gif: All green creatures block target creature this turn if able.
1/1
In this hunt, the prey is not what it seems.

Commons
Life's Reflection greenmana.gif
Instant (c)
Target green creature gains protection from blue and black until end of turn.

Day's Glory mana_1.gifgreenmana.gif
Creature - Elemental (C)
tap.gif: Radiance - Target creature and each creature that shares a color with it get +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/1

Colorless

Rares
Chameleon Crusher mana_7.gif
Creature - Shapeshifter Spirit (R)
Intimidate, Chameleon (This card has protection from spells that share a color with it)
Whenever ~ attacks, choose a color. If you do, ~ becomes that color. (It loses all other colors. This effect doesnt end at end of turn.)
5/3

Uncommons
Walking Rainbow mana_4.gif
~ is all colors (even if this card isn't on the battlefield).
3/3

Chameleon Scrapper mana_3.gif
When ~ enters the battlefield, target opponent chooses a color.
~ is the chosen color.
Intimidate, Chameleon (This card has protection from spells that share a color with it)
2/1

Commons
Prismatic Shaper mana_2.gif
Creature - Shapeshifter Shaman (C)
mana_1.gif: Target creature gains or loses all colors until end of turn.
1/2

Artifacts

Uncommons
Chameleon Cloak mana_3.gif
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equipped creature has intimidate and chameleon (This card has protection from spells that share a color with it).

Also, if someone could help me out with about how many cards of each color, rarity, card type, etc. I should include, that would be much appreciated (the set will have roughly 140 cards). Thanks for your feedback!
Contest Winners
Random Words
Round 1: Maraxas-of-Keld, Cryos_Icy_Manipulator Round 2: Dr_Demento, UltraMaximum Round 3: Dr_Demento, Keino Round 4: KunouNoHana Round 5: Maraxas-of-Keld, Stigma_Lasher Round 6: royinator Round 7: forty2j Round 8: Qazior Round 9: Qazior Round 10: Could be you link
Split Cards
Winner: dberry02
Pac-Man
Round 1: Fallingman
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
I just love how focused the YMtC community is.
56901828 wrote:
That's what I love about posting on these forums. Everyone's an expert(except for me).
57031358 wrote:
really no need to be so bitchy.
58021268 wrote:
@Edacade: Awright kid you go on ahead and do your thing and don't let anyone tell you different y'hear
58335208 wrote:
City of Asymmetrical Beings Land :T:, sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with the same converted mana cost as the sacrificed creature.
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
Might I just interject that making this a meme is the worst idea in magic in my opinion. It is too overpowered. It encourages cheating it in play. Essentially 99/100 times it is cheated in play instead of hardcast. Not only that, but you essentially win when it comes into play.
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Make five-color hybrid tribal instant with buyback, kicker, cycling, card draw, token production, a steal effect, alternate casting cost and landfall that embodies the love that your mom and I share.
I think you just killed all chances of my card being elegant. Ardency :1mana::symwu::symbr: Tribal Instant - Soldier You may have target opponent gain control of 3 permanents you control rather than pay ~'s mana cost. As an additional cost to cast ~, choose two creatures you control, and sacrifice the rest. If you control a soldier, you can't sacrifice permanents this turn. Landfall - If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, instead choose 4 creatures. Kicker You get an emblem with "As long as you control both chosen creatures, they have protection from everything." If ~ was kicked, creatures you control get +1/+1 for each creature card in your graveyard until end of turn. Cycling :2mana: When you cycle ~, put two 2/2 Soldier creatures onto the battlefield. Would this EVER fit on a card?~
Aside from a few wording mishaps (should say "each chosen creature" because it's not necessarily two) this is nice. Very simple and elegant. I like the alternate cost a lot, and the kicker goes nicely with the sacrifice. However, the cycling seems a bit powerful (4 power and a card for 3? Cycling is supposed be bad. 8/10 EDIT: Just looked up "ardency". Lol.
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
I'm immortalized too as long as no one deletes this post!
But in the shadow of the great one lurked many who sought to partake of his eternal glory.
Since when am I "many"?
You're a whole damn city.
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect Sorcery As an additional cost to cast Vivisect, sacrifice a creature. Draw three cards. "For the sake of humanity," the surgeon whispered. The knife had never felt heavier in his hand.
I don't think a world that sacrifices so much would want to stop the making of children .
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
I read over two hundred webcomics on a regular basis. "Terrible" doesn't even begin to describe me.
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
I think that this is the first wizards-community thread that actually made me laugh out loud. Maraxas, I love you.
IMAGE(http://www.free-smiley-faces.de/free-animated-smileys_Smileys-animiert-kostenlos/free-animated-smiley-love_smiley-herz-animiert-kostenlos_250x250.gif)
58347268 wrote:
batman is a jerk in all of my dreams
mafia is fun so play it
(Creature ability) Chameleon (This card has protection from spells that share a color with it)

Cards:

Chameleon Crusher mana_7.gif
Creature - Shapeshifter Spirit (R)
Whenever ~ attacks, choose a color. If you do, ~ becomes that color. (It loses all other colors. This effect doesnt end at end of turn.)
5/3

That one might have some wording issues...

Chameleon Cloak mana_3.gif
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equipped creature has intimidate and chameleon (This card has protection from spells that share a color with it).

Chameleon Scrapper mana_3.gif
When ~ enters the battlefield, target opponent chooses a color.
~ is the chosen color.
2/1

Prismatic Shaper mana_2.gif
Creature - Shapeshifter Shaman (C)
mana_1.gif: Target creature gains or loses all colors until end of turn.
1/2

Contest Winners
Random Words
Round 1: Maraxas-of-Keld, Cryos_Icy_Manipulator Round 2: Dr_Demento, UltraMaximum Round 3: Dr_Demento, Keino Round 4: KunouNoHana Round 5: Maraxas-of-Keld, Stigma_Lasher Round 6: royinator Round 7: forty2j Round 8: Qazior Round 9: Qazior Round 10: Could be you link
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
That's what I love about posting on these forums. Everyone's an expert(except for me).
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
@Edacade: Awright kid you go on ahead and do your thing and don't let anyone tell you different y'hear
58335208 wrote:
City of Asymmetrical Beings Land :T:, sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with the same converted mana cost as the sacrificed creature.
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
Might I just interject that making this a meme is the worst idea in magic in my opinion. It is too overpowered. It encourages cheating it in play. Essentially 99/100 times it is cheated in play instead of hardcast. Not only that, but you essentially win when it comes into play.
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Make five-color hybrid tribal instant with buyback, kicker, cycling, card draw, token production, a steal effect, alternate casting cost and landfall that embodies the love that your mom and I share.
I think you just killed all chances of my card being elegant. Ardency :1mana::symwu::symbr: Tribal Instant - Soldier You may have target opponent gain control of 3 permanents you control rather than pay ~'s mana cost. As an additional cost to cast ~, choose two creatures you control, and sacrifice the rest. If you control a soldier, you can't sacrifice permanents this turn. Landfall - If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, instead choose 4 creatures. Kicker You get an emblem with "As long as you control both chosen creatures, they have protection from everything." If ~ was kicked, creatures you control get +1/+1 for each creature card in your graveyard until end of turn. Cycling :2mana: When you cycle ~, put two 2/2 Soldier creatures onto the battlefield. Would this EVER fit on a card?~
Aside from a few wording mishaps (should say "each chosen creature" because it's not necessarily two) this is nice. Very simple and elegant. I like the alternate cost a lot, and the kicker goes nicely with the sacrifice. However, the cycling seems a bit powerful (4 power and a card for 3? Cycling is supposed be bad. 8/10 EDIT: Just looked up "ardency". Lol.
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
But in the shadow of the great one lurked many who sought to partake of his eternal glory.
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect Sorcery As an additional cost to cast Vivisect, sacrifice a creature. Draw three cards. "For the sake of humanity," the surgeon whispered. The knife had never felt heavier in his hand.
I don't think a world that sacrifices so much would want to stop the making of children .
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
I read over two hundred webcomics on a regular basis. "Terrible" doesn't even begin to describe me.
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
I think that this is the first wizards-community thread that actually made me laugh out loud. Maraxas, I love you.
IMAGE(http://www.free-smiley-faces.de/free-animated-smileys_Smileys-animiert-kostenlos/free-animated-smiley-love_smiley-herz-animiert-kostenlos_250x250.gif)
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
(Transguild Courier "reprint"):

Walking Rainbow :4mana:
~ is all colors (even if this card isn't on the battlefield).
3/3

Seastorm Chameleon
Flying, Chameleon (This card has protection from spells that share a color with it)
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell, that spell's controller may change ~'s color to the color of their choice.
2/2

Lightspurner
Creature - Human Rogue (C)
Intimidate
2/2
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Come on, no feed back at all? Jeez...

Common cycle:

Light's Reflection
Instant (c)
Target white creature gains protection from black and red until end of turn.

Water's Reflection
Instant (c)
Target blue creature gains protection from red and green until end of turn.

Shadow's Reflection
Instant (c)
Target black creature gains protection from green and white until end of turn.

Fire's Reflection
Instant (c)
Target red creature gains protection from white and blue until end of turn.

Life's Reflection
Instant (c)
Target green creature gains protection from blue and black until end of turn.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Chameleon seems ok but to me it doesn't seem like the most exciting mechanic to build a set around. Color matters is obviously the underlying theme with Chameleon and the amount of intimidate, but black already has had a natural chameleon type effect for years, and the other big color that will be effected by chameleon is red, but for a lot of matches chameleon won't really have that big an effect on the game especially in limited. I like your common cycle, simple yet elegant, but I think most of your Chameleon creatures right now seem slightly overcosted considering the ability may not always be relevant. I like the general concept of a color based crystal world but in my opinion you should try building around that general theme moreso than the chameleon mechanic and then try coming back to it to tweak it and make it fit your set better, just my 2 cents
Chameleon seems ok but to me it doesn't seem like the most exciting mechanic to build a set around. Color matters is obviously the underlying theme with Chameleon and the amount of intimidate, but black already has had a natural chameleon type effect for years, and the other big color that will be effected by chameleon is red, but for a lot of matches chameleon won't really have that big an effect on the game especially in limited. I like your common cycle, simple yet elegant, but I think most of your Chameleon creatures right now seem slightly overcosted considering the ability may not always be relevant. I like the general concept of a color based crystal world but in my opinion you should try building around that general theme moreso than the chameleon mechanic and then try coming back to it to tweak it and make it fit your set better, just my 2 cents

Thanks. I originally wasn't going to keyword Chameleon, but due to its length and the amount of cards that it will show up on, I decided to keyword it. It will be relevant, though, with all the color matters and color changing. I was also thinking of adding Radiance to the set and maybe creating one or two more new keyword mechanics.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Cool and I'm sure you can make Chameleon relevant if you focus on the color them I'm just saying that without the whole set being really focused on that theme its not always really good, but I'm sure it can be made good within the set depending on what you do with it. I think radiance would be a good idea and I'm sure after brainstorming you'll come up with some other cool keywords too, I think this could be a really fun set =)
Cool and I'm sure you can make Chameleon relevant if you focus on the color them I'm just saying that without the whole set being really focused on that theme its not always really good, but I'm sure it can be made good within the set depending on what you do with it. I think radiance would be a good idea and I'm sure after brainstorming you'll come up with some other cool keywords too, I think this could be a really fun set =)

Thanks a lot I'll try...
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Rainbow Hunter
Creature - Human Assassin
: Destroy target multicolored creature. If that creature was five-colored, untap ~.
1/1
He is the pot of gold.

Does the "five-colored" wording work here?
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
I think it sounds better as "If that creature was white, blue, black, green and red".

IMO, Chameleon Scrapper would be more interesting as "Chameleon Scrapper is a color of your choice that isn't the chosen color."

If your set is going to have 140 cards, I suggest 25 colorless cards (given the 'color matters' theme) – 15 commons, 7 uncommons and 3 rares; a cycle of 5 common nonbasic lands; and 22 cards for each color – 12 common, 6 uncommon and 3 rares each. These numbers are just guides, of course.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

IMO, Chameleon Scrapper would be more interesting as "Chameleon Scrapper is a color of your choice that isn't the chosen color."

I like it better the original way. If your opponent is playing only one or two colors, it gives them the choice of either being able to block it or being able to target it with spells. Also, I think that if you get to choose, it would be too powerful at the current mana cost.

If your set is going to have 140 cards, I suggest 25 colorless cards (given the 'color matters' theme) – 15 commons, 7 uncommons and 3 rares; a cycle of 5 common nonbasic lands; and 22 cards for each color – 12 common, 6 uncommon and 3 rares each. These numbers are just guides, of course.

Even so, thanks a lot.

Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Part 1 of a five-color rare cycle:

Shadestalker
: Destroy target black creature.
1/1
He'll hunt down anything that walks the night, but Shadow Chameleons are his specialty.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Part 2:

Pyroblast Mage
Creature - Human Shaman
: ~ deals 2 damage to target red creature and 2 damage to that creature's controller.
1/1
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it

Hm...I don't like how narrow the effects are.  Maybe make it

Shadestalker
: Destroy target nonblack tapped creature.
1/1
Or something that makes the cards affect a wider range of creatures.  Or just make Shadestalker uncommon :P.

Also, your flavor texts rock. :P

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out" -Bill Hicks
It could well just be me, but it seems a little odd that Chameleon is a keyword ability that, in essence, grants another keyword ability (protection).  Maybe it's not weird, but it seems a little to me.
"Oh, no," Chainer said dramatically. "Angels and justicars! The Order has come for me! Whatever shall I do?" He focused on the Mirari back in his chamber, concentrated, and every door in the huge arena slammed shut and melted into the wall around it. His eyes were long gone, and his voice boomed out louder than the announcer's. "Come one, come all. The Mirari awaits. Who is strong enough to take it from me?" - excerpt from Chainer's Torment, by Scott McGough

Hm...I don't like how narrow the effects are.  Maybe make it

Shadestalker
: Destroy target nonblack tapped creature.
1/1
Or something that makes the cards affect a wider range of creatures.  Or just make Shadestalker uncommon :P.

Also, your flavor texts rock. :P

Thanks.
I didn't want to make it cost as then it would be very similar to Rainbow Hunter. This cycle is kind of supposed to be narrow, as there is a lot of color-changing in the set, these cards force you to use them if you want them to be good.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Oops. Just realized that these guys can't target Chameleon guys at all (fail).
Reworded (does this work?):

Rainbow Hunter
: Destroy target multicolored creature on the battlefield. If that creature was five-colored, untap ~. Treat this ability as though it is colorless.
1/1
He is the pot of gold.

Shadestalker
: Destroy target black creature on the battlefield. Treat this ability as though it is colorless.
1/1

Pyroblast Mage
Creature - Human Shaman
: ~ deals 2 damage to target red creature on the battlefield and 2 damage to that creature's controller. Treat this ability as though it is colorless.
1/1
Never stand between a pyromage and his foe. Actually, it's probably a good idea not to stand anywhere near a pyromage.

Part 3:

Caller of the Hunt
Creature - Elf Scout
: All green creatures block target creature this turn if able.
1/1
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it

Rainbow Hunter
: Destroy a multicolored creature on the battlefield. If that creature was five-colored, untap ~.
1/1
He is the pot of gold.

Shadestalker
: Destroy a black creature on the battlefield.
1/1

Pyroblast Mage
Creature - Human Shaman
: ~ deals 2 damage to a red creature on the battlefield and 2 damage to that creature's controller.
1/1
Never stand between a pyromage and his foe. Actually, it's probably a good idea not to stand anywhere near a pyromage.

Part 3:

Caller of the Hunt
Creature - Elf Scout
1/1

DEBT would still block the red mage from doing damage to chameleons.  The green caller should work.  As for replacing "target" with "a", I'm pretty sure that's just a nonsanctioned way of saying target, since you are still choosing the target of the effect. 
I think wording to get around it would be
: Destroy target black creature.  Treat this ability as if it were colorless.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out" -Bill Hicks

Rainbow Hunter
: Destroy a multicolored creature on the battlefield. If that creature was five-colored, untap ~.
1/1
He is the pot of gold.

Shadestalker
: Destroy a black creature on the battlefield.
1/1

Pyroblast Mage
Creature - Human Shaman
: ~ deals 2 damage to a red creature on the battlefield and 2 damage to that creature's controller.
1/1

Part 3:

Caller of the Hunt
Creature - Elf Scout
1/1

DEBT would still block the red mage from doing damage to chameleons.  The green caller should work.  As for replacing "target" with "a", I'm pretty sure that's just a nonsanctioned way of saying target, since you are still choosing the target of the effect. 
I think wording to get around it would be
: Destroy target black creature.  Treat this ability as if it were colorless.

While I really like this wording (I should have thought of that), I think that "a" doesn't target (see Clone). While Clone says "any" I think "a' should work the same way.

Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it

Your right :P.  But I think you'll need my wording, at least for Pyroblast Mage.

Part 4:
Still undecided on this one. One of these two designs:

Excommunicator
Creature - Human Cleric
: Exile target white creature. Its controller gains 3 life. Treat this ability as though it is colorless.
1/1

Ward-Mother
Creature - Human Cleric
: Target white creature gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn. Treat this ability as though it were colorless.
1/1
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Personally, I like Excommunicator better than Ward-Mother, but I'm not sure which is a better fit.
#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.
Personally, I like Excommunicator better than Ward-Mother, but I'm not sure which is a better fit.

I do too, but it's similar to Shadestalker, and Ward-Mother is more relevant to the set. So you see my dilemma.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
I do too, but it's similar to Shadestalker, and Ward-Mother is more relevant to the set. So you see my dilemma.

If Ward-Mother is ultimately the better fit, than it is the correct choice. I'm not entirely sure how your entire set will shape up, so a different version of Excommunicator is possible down the road. Of course, a different version of Ward-Mother could be seen as well.

I'm not really helping, am I?
#pony chat
58325628 wrote:
I, Niklor, in the event of a situation where I am placed at L-1, in other words 1 vote away from being lynched, will bring the hammer vote down upon myself unless it is a known Lylo situation by either announcement or general consensus. Note, if the general consensus is that it's Lylo on days when it clearly isn't, I will ignore them. Please respect the self-hammer by not hammering Niklor in non-Lylo scenarios.
I like Ward-Mother.
Eh, Ward-Mother it is.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Part 5:
This one is my least favorite. Any ideas for improvement? (Or just something entirely different)

Discombobulator
Creature - Human/Merfollk Wizard (Not sure yet what races I'll use in this set)
: Each blue creature's power becomes 0 until end of turn.
1/1
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it

I've decided to use Radiance in this set (The Boros keyword from Ravnica).

Examples:

Persecution
Instant (U)
Radiance - Target creature and each creature that shares a color with it get -4/-4 until end of turn.

Communal Augmenter
Creature - Elf Shaman (C) or (U)
: Radiance - Target creature and each creature that shares a color with it get +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/1

Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
You've probably figured out by now that I like designing cycles.

Sun's Judgment
Instant (C)
Radiance - Destroy target attacking creature and each attacking creature that shares a color with it.

Moon's Knowledge
Instant (C)
Radiance - Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of creatures that share a color with target creature, then put them back in any order.
Draw a card.

Night's Distress
Instant (C)
Radiance - Target player reveals a number of cards from his or her hand equal to the number of creatures that share a color with target creature. You choose one of them. That player discards that card.

Star's Vengeance
Sorcery (C)
Radiance - ~ deals 2 damage to target creature and each creature that shares a color with it.

Day's Glory
Creature - Elemental (C)
: Radiance - Target creature and each creature that shares a color with it get +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/1

Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Radiance in your set would be epic and full of shenanigans.

Why not make the names of that last cycle you posted follow a pattern? Sun's Judgment, Moon's Knowledge, Night's Distress, Star's Vengeance, Day's Glory.

For the blue and black effects, I suggest
"Radiance – Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of creatures that shares a color with target creature. You may put them back in any order."
and
"Radiance – Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each creature that shares a color with it."

Embrace imagination.

Radiance in your set would be epic and full of shenanigans.

Why not make the names of that last cycle you posted follow a pattern? Sun's Judgment, Moon's Knowledge, Night's Distress, Star's Vengeance, Day's Glory.

For the blue and black effects, I suggest
"Radiance – Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of creatures that shares a color with target creature. You may put them back in any order."

You are awesome. Thank you.

"Radiance – Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each creature that shares a color with it."

I was going to do this, but I already had another similar card, in addition to this and Persecution.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Persecution is really, really awesome, and I like your cycle though I think the blue should be a ponder type effect where you choose the order but the others are all really cool this set is looking good so far good work
Persecution is really, really awesome, and I like your cycle though I think the blue should be a ponder type effect where you choose the order but the others are all really cool this set is looking good so far good work

Thanks! I meant to give the blue one a ponder effect, who knows why I didn't. (It's fixed now)
Thank you for your support :P
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
More cycles!

White:

Sun's Honor
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature (U)
Enchanted creature has vigilance, is white in addition to its other colors, and gets +1/+1 for each white creature you control.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
These seem pretty powerful as they do a lot, but I like that they change the colors so fit perfectly into the color matters theme, cool stuff
Do you think it should cost ? I thought it was a bit weaker than Armored Ascension.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
Ya that would be something you would have to test I think it would come down to how well you executed the color matters idea, it could be anywhere on the power scale depending on how the other cards interacted with colors, which it looks like there is lots of interaction so far
Star's Power
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchanted creature  is red in addition to its other colors and gets +1/+1 for each red creature you control.
: Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
This cycle gets more awesome every day.

Embrace imagination.

Hope I can live up to your expectations :P

Day's Growth
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchanted creature is green in addition to its other colors and gets +1/+1 for each green creature you control.
Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, put a 1/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield.

Could the token be a 1/1 Saproling? I don't want to make this too powerful, and I may be dropping trample as it is (but I want it to grant evasion...).
Contest Winners
Random Words
Split Cards
Pac-Man
Worldprism
Quotes
57051078 wrote:
56901828 wrote:
57031358 wrote:
58021268 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
82512575 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58325628 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Since when am I "many"?
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
83237429 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
Ahem.
58021268 wrote:
Vivisect =/= vasectomy
Now I just feel silly.
56287226 wrote:
70246459 wrote:
74943291 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
mafia is fun so play it
I would drop the saproling thing but keep trample as it fits the cycle better and both would be too powerful 
Sign In to post comments