Missing Magic Items from D&D Encounters

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know it has been posted elsewhere on the forums, but I wanted to get it posted here so that the Character Builder guys have a better chance of seeing it.

There is a magic item set in D&D Encounters called the Foci of the Apprentice, consisting of three items: a Staff, a Mantle and a Crown.  They are not currently in the Character Builder, but should be, and they will be LFR legal.
What makes me sad - no more compiled magazines: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/27580349/Dungeon_and_Dragon_Magazine_PDFs&post_num=24#495423645
+1
Raising a post from the dead...

And wondering why these items STILL aren't in Character Builder, especially since the characters can now be used in LFR campaigns.

-Confused
I believe the rules are that you lose those Items when porting your character over.
So, essentially, these items officially made by Wizards for D&D are now illegal outside of that short run adventure?  While it is their game, that is pretty arse considering that the items weren't overpowered to begin with and, aside from the crown, would fall by the wayside within a few short levels.

Unless they have changed the rules again these items are specifically allowed (as well as other generic magic items picked up).

I believe the rules are that you lose those Items when porting your character over.

I was coming in to ask the same exact thing but the current CCG says the item has to be found in a legal player resource which the module is not.

So the Apprentice items can not be ported to LFR and if you have them can sell them for 20% of their value.