5/28/2010 TWTW: "Second Chances and Last Chances in San Juan"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.

So at the end of the article Karten goes into a Spiel about WU control and Devastating Red, I play red, but i noticed the list had ...

0 Lightning Bolt?

Did someone drop the ball here, seems like kind of a necessary card, not trying to be problematic, i would just like to see it fixed. I'd at least assume it's up there or higher than Burst Lightning.

Block construted dude.
Block construted dude.

Ah, that might be why no baneslayer or the X spells, thanks.
Block constructed is usually a fun format with a lot of options and some cool decks that you won't find viable in standard. It's probably just me but this doesn't look like a good block format to want to get into.

Also I want to know how you all feel about block constructed on the Pro Tour. I've heard that there is a large segment of the magic community who is against having a block constructed season. Is this true. I'm not really sure where I stand on this but right now I am starting to think block constructed is somewhat pointless.
Don't be too smart to have fun
wouldn't moreno's deck be better with 4 actual timewarps as opposed to pseudo ones?
Block constructed is usually a fun format with a lot of options and some cool decks that you won't find viable in standard. It's probably just me but this doesn't look like a good block format to want to get into.

Also I want to know how you all feel about block constructed on the Pro Tour. I've heard that there is a large segment of the magic community who is against having a block constructed season. Is this true. I'm not really sure where I stand on this but right now I am starting to think block constructed is somewhat pointless.

Considering that the Top 8 is going to be the yawnfest known as RRR draft, I found myself actually yearning for block constucted to be webcast instead. But overall I think it is a waste and and unnecessary format outside of FNM. At the pro tour level they should be simplifying things for more casual onlookers (especially in a Top 8 Webcast), and block constructed is yet another format that's only relevent when WOTC decides it is "block season." But at least it is constructed play and will have many cards that are known to Standard players. Draft is worse. They are going to spend six hours talking about cards that no one cares about except the players at the table and a handful of hardcore drafters. That's just terrible television. Expect Rich to go off on even more tangents than he did the last time because of all the turns where nothing useful actually happens.