The Slaying Stone downloadable players map... where exactly?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
On page 8 of the adventure "The Slaying Stone" it states that there is a downloadable copy of the players map for "Kiris Dahn".  Where exactly do I find this map (and hopefully other maps without secret doors and monster placements on them)?

Thanks in advance 
It would appear that they haven't put the files up in the download section yet...the last thing for a published supplement I've seen is either Hammerfast or The Plains Above.  Oh well let's hope this thread will spur them to get it updated. Tongue out
Cusomer Service's explanation was:

"Since release dates sometime change, at this time we can not give details far as a date when the map for Kiris Dahn will be available.  Please keep an eye on the D&D website: www.wizards.com/DnD/ for any updates."

It's a shame it was released on time.

I’ve gone ahead and made a quick pencil map on grid.  My eyes are not good any more so forgive if I didn’t quite hit the grid.  The Slums are purposely off grid.

This is a map of Kiris Dahn (Gorizbadd) before the invasion.  The second stream and the hilltop were included for my campaign.  The contour lines are at 30-foot intervals making the hill roughly 240 feet.

Gone are the images of the encampments; instead are the twisted alleyways and buildings close enough to climb and jump from.  Interspersed among the ruins of the slum would be tents, lean-tos, some semi permanent structure and etc.  [I’m thinking post-war or disaster camps]

The Library, Shrine, and Estate were based on the original map images and the encounter maps.

I figure the town will be worth multiple adventures and when finished it can become a PoL again.

My Version of the Player's Map

My Version of the Adventure Map

Fun!  Thanks for the hand drawn maps.
@morandir62  Thanks so much for this.  I'm starting my first campaign as DM this weekend, and I'm using this module.  I also got the brush off from customer service.  Thanks so much for putting this up!

Thanks, my group is working through this now.  I have keyed the town a bit further than the adventure, providing other places for the PCs to explore.

As the populace fled the town many things were left behind.  I've included several shops and inns, a few more temples, a monastery, a thieves’ guild, a couple of noble estates.

1. A few of the Kiris horse remain as breeding stock, and the farm fields are rich in alfalfa.

2. The monastery once offered training in the study of Primal Energies [sorcery and ki arts (PH3 classes)].

3. A riverboat hidden in a collapsed building may provide a quick escape and for adventure downstream.

These are just a few of the hidden gems; of course there is a legion of goblins and three hundred kobolds in the town as well.  While nearby a number of hobgoblin contingents [close enough to provide assistance (HS1 page 31)] prepare for war.

This should keep the party busy for a time. 

Thanks, mroandir62! I just picked this module up and am running a brief version of it tomorrow night, so you've come to the rescue by offering what WOTC promised.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ten minutes to game time and I forgot to draw this map lol!  came here for the promised downloadable but yours is much more awesome!!
I'm running a chopped up version of this module tonight and was patiently waiting for an official map also. Alas there is still nothing as of 6/15.

I saw your maps @morandir62, but they weren't in flavor with the style of props I use (nothing against your work at all). So I whipped up a quickie map in PS with a tablet. Hopefully I'm not violating anything legal with this map.

Feel free to nab it if you want to use it.

images.community.wizards.com/community.w...
great maps!  I am a lover of technology, or more directly, I love to use the junk I have sitting around.  I just scanned the map in the module, and used adobe to enlarge it.  But I think I like the ones I found here better!
I second that, thanks for the map. I scoured the site trying to find it and my handwriting sucks so it would have been hard to make one for my players to read.
I'm running a chopped up version of this module tonight and was patiently waiting for an official map also. Alas there is still nothing as of 6/15.

I saw your maps @morandir62, but they weren't in flavor with the style of props I use (nothing against your work at all). So I whipped up a quickie map in PS with a tablet. Hopefully I'm not violating anything legal with this map.

Feel free to nab it if you want to use it.

images.community.wizards.com/community.w...

DrClarke, thanks for that! I printed it out for my players a couple weeks ago and it's been a great help.
My newest blog post has a high-res version of the original map. Hope it helps!
Logan Bonner, freelance game designer Blog: http://loganbonner.blogspot.com Twitter: http://twitter.com/loganbonner
Logan, 

That's fantastic. Wish I'd known about this a few weeks back when I ran this with my wife and kids, but I'll be able to use it with the online game I'm running with d20Pro. Thanks for a top-notch adventure! 
My newest blog post has a high-res version of the original map. Hope it helps!

thanks
Found this on Logan Bonner's page
Kiris Dahn map by Logan Bonner
Does anyone have any clues as to where I could find maps for Encounters 12 and 13? I'm trying to put things together in Maptools and I have no skills of an artist to do it myself.

Fairbanks
Fairbanks, level 5 Human, Slayer (Multiclass: Cavalier) Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort Background: Blademaster (Acrobatics class skill) Theme: Neverwinter Noble FINAL ABILITY SCORES STR 18, CON 10, DEX 17, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 13 STARTING ABILITY SCORES STR 16, CON 10, DEX 16, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 12 AC: 20 Fort: 19 Ref: 16 Will: 14 HP: 49/49 Surges: 6/9 Surge Value: 10 [X] Action Point [] Second Wind TRAINED SKILLS Acrobatics +10, Athletics +11, Diplomacy +8, Endurance +7, Intimidate +8 UNTRAINED SKILLS Arcana +2, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History +2, Insight +2, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +2, Stealth +5, Streetwise +3, Thievery +5 POWERS Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack Card Link Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack Card Link [] Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort Card Link [X] [X] Multiple Class Attack: Power Strike Card Link [X] Fighter Utility: Duelist's Assault Card Link [] Fighter Utility: Mobile Blade Card Link [] Level 2 Utility: Honorable Challenge Card Link [] Neverwinter Noble Utility: Take Heart, Friend! Card Link Multiple Class Utility: Defender Aura Card Link [] Paladin Attack: Righteous Radiance Card Link FEATS Level 1: Heavy Blade Expertise Level 1: Armor Finesse Level 2:Heavy Armor Agility Level 4: Squire of Righteousness ITEMS Dagger x3 Adventurer's Kit Aecris Black Iron Scale Mail +1 Horned Helm (Heroic Tier) Holy Symbol of Bahamut 1 Opal 73g 145s 50c
So, almost a year later an no maps available on wizards.com?
yeah no doubt i called customer service and got nothing but run around .. thanks for the map, they all look great. Does anyone have the encounter maps made frommthis adventure
Sign In to post comments