The D&D downloadable cards

I just started to print off the cards i downloaded from some time ago and went on to get the latest sets. but from war drums onwards the cards are different. Are war drums and the other sets available in the V2 format? If not there seems little point in printing the ones off i have downloaded.

I rarely ever use this forum as i am mainly into star wars miniature than D&D but have a lot of D&D minis and as a group we are now alternatively going from Star Wars to D&D and would like all the D&D cards as one format. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but as i said am not  use to this forum

Any help in this would be appreciated.

There are two different editions of the game.

Original Edition (sometimes called 1.0) has three card styles:

card 1

and

card 2

and

card 2.5

The current edition (sometimes called 2.0) has two card styles:

Card 3

and 

card 4

All the current cards can be downloaded at:

www.ddmguild.com/rules/index.php

original cards can be dowloaded here:

www.ddmguild.com/rules/original.php

Hope that helps!
Helps a little,
What I was after was all sets available in one card style format.

When i downloaded the stat cards last year i was under the impression that all the sets were been converted to the 2.0 version. This would be your first link. However only the sets up to underdark are in this format. war drums  onwards are a differant style I will call that 3.0

The two cards that you posted as 2.0 are showing differant skills . EG
one has
Level
AC
DEF
Speed
HP

the other has
AC
FORT
REF
WILL
SPEED
HP
BLOOD

So not sure how the two cards work together if used in the same game? as the second 2.0 cards has Fort/ Ref/ and Blood which the first 2.0 cards does not have.

Your second link is what most of my cards are now (1.0) , but also have a lot of original 2.0 minis as well and would like stat cards to be  all  1.0 or 2.0. to use in our games so all minis from all sets are playable at any one time. 

Is there a link were all sets are in one style or the other? so all can be used. or are sets still been converted? or are the two differant cards that you have showen as 2.0 usable in the same game?

Anyway thanks for the links i did find the first link but not the second so thanks.
The Rules document has a section (on page 23) on the difference between the brownish WotC cards and the greenish DDM Guild cards. They can be used for the same game.

The DEF score on the WotC cards actually has all three Fort(itude), Ref(lex) and Will defences in a single number. But there were actually three different scores. You can see that on the Spined Devil card: its ranged attack is against DEF (Ref). The WotC cards sometimes had abilities that modified one or more of those scores, so that's the reason they are splitted out on the new card design.
Blood stands for Bloodied, the number of hitpoints under which a creature is considered bloodied. The WotC design required you to calculate that each time (half HP, round down to nearest multiple of 5). The new design puts it right in your face.

All older sets have now been converted to 2.0. You can download all the cards on the cards and rules page of the DDM Guild. Once a new set will be released by WotC, the DDM Guild makes sure to have 2.0 stats ready for it.
There's also a lot of work being done on getting newer sets converted to 1.0. Only one set is now officially released, but there is another one that is in production right now.
Thanks that explains a lot.

I will go ahead and print all the 2.0 cards off.

Look forward to seeing all sets as 1.0 down the line.

Thanks again.
Dread

Look forward to seeing all sets as 1.0 down the line.

Thanks again.
Dread

Yes, me too.  After printing out some of the really impressively done Dangerous Delves cards for the Original rules, I've fiinally had a reason to start picking up some of the singles available online for that set.  I think I'm really going to enjoy playing my new Bonechill Chimera and Young Gold Dragon!  Thank you, Demetrious, and everyone else involved with the Guild who's worked on this or is still working on this.  It is very much appreciated!
Has anyone heard anything more about the next set that was going to be converted over to 1.0 stats, Legendary Evils?  Any idea when it'll be ready?  Have they said anything about it at all recently?
I do believe the team are in the final stages of producing another of the modern sets (DDM2 to 1.0).

Play testing was complete, it's putting all together on the cards. Life, prioreties, etc stopping the work.

Further to your original Q, whether the DDM 1.0 (OE) will have a single format, I'm not sure. We may have to settle for three card styles ... B/W, colour and retro.
I do believe the team are in the final stages of producing another of the modern sets (DDM2 to 1.0). Play testing was complete, it's putting all together on the cards. Life, prioreties, etc stopping the work. Further to your original Q, whether the DDM 1.0 (OE) will have a single format, I'm not sure. We may have to settle for three card styles ... B/W, colour and retro.

That's cool.  I'm glad to hear they're still working on it when they can.  I was sort of afraid that they'd maybe called it quits since there seems to be so few "Original Edition" players around anymore.  I'm really looking forward to their next release.

Myself, I really think the 3 different card styles are kind of nice.  Well, the second two anyway... Laughing  The black and white have always looked a little boring, but I for one can certainly live with them.  The stats and the minis are the important things.
Sign In to post comments