Is Cosi's Trickster as Good as I Think it is?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
It costs 1 and its size is fueled by the same thing that fuels Tarmogoyf's size (fetch lands).  From what I've noticed, at least, this means that he's almost guaranteed to be a 2/2 by the time you can attack with him, and will probably get to about a 3/3 or 4/4 before he can be dealt with (assuming that you leave mana open to counter), either that or they stocked cracking their fetch lands (which can't be a bad thing for you).

He's obviously no Tarmogoyf, but it seems like a ridiculously effective budget substitute: a cheap, conditionally powerful beat-stick that's easy to defend when you get him out.  Am I wrong on this one?
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

I dont think you are. I've already got my eye on this one. Been tinkering around with a UWG build using kotr ranger of eos plenty of fetches and other shuffle effects. The build needs a lot of tweaking but is showing promise. It really is quite surprising just how fast she grows!!!
Thanks.  Good to know that I'm completely crazy.  I'm going to pick some up (they're only selling for 15  cents).  It's price is going to have to go up eventually.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

It's a shame that Cosi's Trickster specifies an opponent shuffling their library, otherwise it would make Knight of the Reliquary a LOT more fun.

Cool
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black

yeah i've already started liking this card, it really belongs in about any fish deck, just because of fetches and things XD
w00t hit my 1000th post on 4/25/2010
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
Your asking for proof that the ocean is wet, while your standing on the beach.
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]