Dungeon 178 - HT lv1 Chaos Scar: Elves of the Valley

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
DnDi_Large.png    Dungeon 178
Chaos Scar: Elves of the Valley
An Adventure for Five 1st-Level Characters

By Robert J. Schwalb

In one of this month's Chaos Scar adventures, the adventurers now stride through a wood not far from the King’s Wall.  In this adventure, they struggle against fey bandits corrupted by a demonic entity recently escaped from deeper within the valley.  To defeat the growing evil, the adventurers must confront the bandits, navigate an enchanted wood, and confront the darkness staining the copse’s heart.

And of course, if the game isn't set in a Chaos Scar campaign, the adventure can be tied to any wilderness setting not far from a frontier settlement.

You emerge from the malicious woods and find yourselves in a wide clearing littered with ruins. Evil radiates from a large tree with black bark and bare branches that rises from a depression in the clearing’s center. Tangled, thorny vines twitch and creep around the tree. Across the clearing, an old monolith crawling with runes stands atop a bare hillock.

Talk about this article here.  For details on the Chaos Scar and its environs, read the Chaos Scar introduction and check out the map of the entire valley. Then check out and join the Chaos Scar group on the D&D Community pages.

178-elves.jpg

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

ANOTHER first level adventure? Ugh.
ANOTHER first level adventure? Ugh.

It doesn't worry me. Increasing the level of the monsters is so unbelievably easy with the Monster Builder. 

Anyway, I like the adventure. I'm really enjoying the Chaos Scar stuff. It's so much better than the Scales of War rubbish that clogged the magazine for a year-and-a-half (IMO and all that). 
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
I too am enjoying the chaos scar adventures, for the most part. I should have made that more clear.
Has anyone played Elves of the Valley yet? I'm wanting to use this for a delve for 6 people and I'm curious how it plays.

Thanks!