Official LFR Forum (and it isn't this one)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
As part of the new WotC Community site, there is now an official Living Forgotten Realms group; it's located at:
community.wizards.com/lfr

That group contains its own forum, which is actually now the official forum for LFR, though it hasn't seen a great deal of traffic as of yet:
community.wizards.com/lfr/go/forum/viewb...

The campaign staff is active on the official forum -- for example, that forum is where the recent discussion on changing the rules to allow players to start characters above 1st level occurred -- and they have moderator priviledges on the official forum (which they do not hold on this one). Thus, the staff has asked that we (the LFR player community) begin to use the new forum instead of this one, which is actually considered to be a "legacy forum" from the old format of these boards.

So, as one of your VCLs, I encourage all of you to head over there, and participate in some of the discussions there (or even start your own).
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
As part of the new WotC Community site, there is now an official Living Forgotten Realms group; it's located at:
community.wizards.com/lfr

That group contains its own forum, which is actually now the official forum for LFR, though it hasn't seen a great deal of traffic as of yet:
community.wizards.com/lfr/go/forum/viewb...

The campaign staff is active on the official forum -- for example, that forum is where the recent discussion on changing the rules to allow players to start characters above 1st level occurred -- and they have moderator priviledges on the official forum (which they do not hold on this one). Thus, the staff has asked that we (the LFR player community) begin to use the new forum instead of this one, which is actually considered to be a "legacy forum" from the old format of these boards.

So, as one of your VCLs, I encourage all of you to head over there, and participate in some of the discussions there (or even start your own).

If the intention is that people not post in this forum anymore, and instead post in the official forum, wouldn't it be reasonable to either lock this forum so that no new threads can be created and/or lock this forum so that no new posts in existing threads can be created?

Also, put forwarding stickies like this one in the two sub forums?

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

If the intention is that people not post in this forum anymore, and instead post in the official forum, wouldn't it be reasonable to either lock this forum so that no new threads can be created and/or lock this forum so that no new posts in existing threads can be created?

Yeah, if we're gonna herd people over to the official LFR Group and its forums, it might be time to consider slowing down traffic here with a few rounds of "We're closing these soon, please go the the LFR Group's forums." Eventually, locking these forums should happen with some redirection.

-------- Don (Greyson) --------

Non-smoker, White, Non-golfer, U.S.-American

I've been trying to go to this new forum, but when I do, I cannot find any way to post a question.
1. Got to the LFR Page (community.wizards.com/lfr)
2. Click on "Forum" on the lower left (not "Forums" on the top navigation bar).
3. Use the forums specific to LFR just like you would use these.
I've been trying to go to this new forum, but when I do, I cannot find any way to post a question.

IIRC, You have to join the LFR group (at community.wizards.com/lfr) first before you have the rights to post in the forum.

Is this now the new official LFR forum, since the recent forum re-skinning?

The 'new old' links (including the ones above in this thread) no longer appear to work.

--

Pauper

Sign In to post comments