Can it be done? 1001 Reasons

168 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've seen a lot of these 1001 threads around, and figured I'd try to get a different one started up.  For your commenting pleasure, I give you......

1001 Reasons to Love 4E

For your viewing pleasure, I have done my best to take the most relevant posts in this thread and compile them into one easy to read section.  Many posts have been cut, or brought down to size, so please feel free to look past this post to get the full scope of what people think about the issue

#1-50:
Show

1.) OPTIONS...so....many....optiooonnsss.... ^_^

2.) I can beat spell with blade

3.) DMing is a heck of a lot more streamlined, in my opinion

4.) Roleplaying is no longer delegated by what's on your character sheet, while at the same time is included directly in the rules (see Backgrounds)

5.) They made action points universal (three cheers for Eberron >_<)

6.) It doesn't take an hour to prepare spells.

7.) BALANCE!

8.) Creating monsters is so utterly easy and fun

9.) Base Classes work straight out of the book

10.) Tactical and exciting combat.

11.) All first level characters participate beneficially in combat and social challenges

12.) DMs have actual concrete and workable guidelines on how much and what types of treasure to give out.

13.) DMs have encounter building guidelines that actually work, something I've been asking for for close to twenty years now.

14.) It is *so much easier* to teach to newbies.

15.) Spell casters were brought down to earth a bit

16.) Low-level spellcasters aren't totally useless if their one spell per day gets interrupted.

17.) "Target the spellcasters" is no longer a viable strategy.

18.) Low-level mages don't die from stiff breezes

19.) Fighters have eyes!  (Perception)

20.) Skill Challenges are a great way to enhance role playing, if handled properly

21.) Not having to use Str or Dex for attacks

22.) Having a limit to how many magic items you can use in any given day....

23.) I don't have to trip people or be fantastically wealthy to be a useful fighter, these things now just make me better and cooler

24.) Teamwork is essential.

25.) The psionics system is balanced. (Ever had wild talents in 2e? Wink)

26.) Extensive use of rules updates to correct problems and errors, rather than giving us 4.5 (hopefuly this is the plan)

27.) Awesome software tools for players and DMs (Character Builder and Monster Builder).

28.) Everything is Core.

29.) I can design encounter mechanics easily and nobody will whine about them

30.) Powers are really hard to abuse by creative interpretation

31.) If I include an Ultimate Plot Spell, the Wizard does not claim "I could learn that spell, right?"

32.) The new core cosmology, which has a lot more flavor and usability than the previous ones.

33.) That I can toss the alignments right out of the window if I want to.

34.) Paladins with flavor variation.

35.) That HP regain is no longer bound to magic and extremely long bedrests

36.) Creating encounters is simple, and straightforward.

37.) No more Hit Dice.

38.) Pun-Pun was wiped from the face of the earth.

39.) Kobolds are now one of the closest to overpowered races (Shifty, shifty and more shifty.)

40.) No more Vancian magic!

41.)  Forced movement.  Pushing, pulling, sliding, teleporting, and knocking prone are awesome.

42.)  You can have two players who are the same class but do their jobs completely different ways.  Just look at the fighter, for example.  5 build options and their powers have different effects based on weapon type.  Each fighter can be unique and different.

43.) The character development system, such as Hybrids, Multi-Class, Paragons, Epic Destinies, and if introduced and received well, Themes.

44.) Creating your own cool, balanced and flavorful custom class is no longer a long forgotten arcane art, it's pretty easy and fun

45.) rituals allow the creation of any spell on the face of the earth without having to worry about how moving 800 tons of rock creatively would wreck an entire combat.

46.) powers bring class abilities into near-equality, so that the rogue's "dagger stab," the barbarian's "axe swing," the cleric's "beam of holy energy," and the wizard's "burst of flame" are all equally cool and effective.

47.) Clerics (leaders in general) are no longer relegated to the last guy to arrive at the gaming table, who got "stuck" as the healer.

48.) Fights are considered even vs. an even number of on-level enemies....no more Challenge rating meaning this one dude is the match of your whole party. Also, you can have one enemy face off against the whole party without fear of a near guaranteed TPK, or worse, a scripted fight

49.) characters actually feel heroic, what with the inclusion of fights with multiple on-level fights and minions.

50.) Creatures use a different building system than monsters, making it  easy to build on the fly and still use the creation guidelines.

# 51-100
Show

51.) Condensing skills to make them broader.

52.) A clear attempt to make as many classes as they can be relevant to  party success.

53.) Smoothing out HP gain

54.) Made point buy an acceptable practice. In previous editions  suggesting point-buy were fighting words to many players.

55.) Players think a little more about group dynamic

56.) The reduced duration of effects

57.) Melee combat is fun

58.) Racial feats and abilities, giving more flavor to each race as a whole

59.) The source books, such as the Powers, various campaign settings, and whatever else you might find interesting or necessary

60.) Three tiered play

61.) Not having to open up the book anytime grappling comes up.

62.) Fewer rules arguments

63.) No ability score alterations by spells and effects, so no need to do a character re-stat from a spell

64.) It makes every class feel like a badass.

65.) The good artwork

66.) Minions. As a DM I love them.

67.) Halflings who aren't forced into a Tolkienesque "burglar" role by arbitrary rules, and then being told "Oh, here, have this hand-me-down class (Illusionist) from the Gnomes."

68.) The powers system (Daily, Encounter, At-Will)

69.) magical weapons with the thrown keyword return automatically

70.) retraining is core, and can be done every level

71.) Finding out a badass mob is actually just a minion

72.) Blowing away minions

73.) Saving Throws, simple yet elegant

74.) no save-or-die

75.) flavor text for classes and powers

76.) The "Epic" creatures of the game, such as Lolth, Asmodeus, Bahamut, Imix, and many others

77.) Tactics, on both sides, matters

78.) Combat encounters now actually contribute to role playing, unlike before when it was just "two more kobolds"

79.) No level adjustment.

80.) Dungeon Tiles, currently my favorite option for portraying the environment.

81.) Critical hits.  Max damage, extra damage with magic items, and good feat support

82.) Dominated.  Best status effect next to dead.

83.) Detect magic is @-will

84.) Divorce of fluff from crunch

85.) Status effects and how many get thrown around in combat makes me happy

86.) Poetic power names like "All the sand, all the stars."
"Split the Sky"
"Mantle of the Infidel"
"Weal and Woe"
"Rhyme of the Blood-seeking Blade"
"Nightshade's Kiss"
"Crown of Madness"
"Instruction in Darkness"

87.) Monster Creation. It's fun, easy, fast, and rewarding

88.) How easy it is to reflavour a class

89.) Multiclass is a feat (aka I can multiclass and not forget all my spells or be one level behind everyone else)

90.) no more multipliers for damage(no more lvl x D6 damage for fireball!)

91.) Damage scale for every class is balanced

92.) Proficiency bonus for weapons.

93.) The various weapon properties

94.) Diagonal rules!  Much easier.

95.) Combat Roles. Now I can know what a class is supposed to generally do and be good at with just a glance!

96.) The whole character system. It makes designing encounters and adventures so much easier, since I know what my players are capable of in general terms.

97.) Teleport escapes a grab.  I don't remember if that was true in older editions, but I love it in 4e

98.) Fourth Edition's myriad positive attributes and endless possibilities point towards an even greater Fifth Edition when the day finally arrives. Fourth Edition has turned Dungeons and Dragons in a direction which we love, and presumably Fifth Edition will keep heading that way with newer and better refinements.

99.) Healing Surge mechanics, specifically Second Wind.

100.) Minotaurs as a playable race

# 101-150
Show

101.) No specific class is required (ie, you don't HAVE to have a Cleric)

102.) I enjoy some of the amusing power names like "Awaken the Slumbering Hurt"
"Supreme Avalanche Combination"
"Come and Get It"
"Hide in Plain Sight"
"Bad Idea, Friend"
"Not Worth My Time"
"Guerilla Blitz"
"Switcheroo"

103.) There isn't a specific breed of elf suited for to be perfect for every class. (I'm a high elf caster, I'm a wood elf barbarian, I'm a wild elf ranger, I'm an avariel because I can fly!, I'm an aquatic elf, seriously how much radiation were elves exposed to)

104.) You can heal overnight without a Cleric. No more spending weeks trapped in a dungeon using 4 hour long rope tricks to hide while we recovered 4 hp a day.

105.) Player AC matters after level 5 or so. No more auto hits all the time.

106.) 1 attack per turn (for the most part). Rolling 4 attacks a round every round, and having to calculate if each  one hits or not was terribly slow.

107.) Casters! they kick butt from the start, but don't make everyone else completely useless past level 7.

108.) The massive amounts of feats in the game. feats are simply awesome, they add so much ot the game unlike 3rd edition which was, "you a fighter? well of course you take these feats"

109.) The epic nature of epic that isn't absolutely ridiculous, only a little bit ridiculous

110.) Epic martial characters that have powers that feel epic and don't just alter the basic attack

111.) Turning a mundane item or weapon into a holy symbol and using it to flavour your implement powers

112.) Rituals and Utilities being separate from attack powers.

113.) using intimidate to end an encounter

114.) discorporiation, cuz I can't kill Tiamat enough

115.) The Astral Sea.  Best place for paragon play

116.) The awesome way that WotC is working to make everything function internationally, so that official games can be held at everybody's local game store.

117.) The newly updated rules to charging: besides being clearer, I love that the rules now support our half orc priest's desire to jump across a narrow chasm as part of a charge. He fell before he could hit, but the effort was terrific to watch.

118.) Because 4th Edition brought me back to Dungeons and Dragons after twenty years.

119.) The way marking works beautifully.

120.) The fact that it is easy for new players

121.) Giants and Titans feel truly dangerous in the edition.  Rather than being large humanoids Titans seem like small primordials.

122.) The relative ease of transitioning a PC to a NPC using templates.  

123.) The first edition I didn't want to houserule to the point I wondered why I'd paid money for the rules

124.) The simplification of the skill system

125.) Character Backgrounds, injecting roleplay right into the mechanics

126.) No need for a martial class to take feats to do cool stuff.

127.) The fact that you can reflavor any power to create a character that does exactly what you want

128.) The removal of alignment restrictions

129.) The errata for aid another.  Love it.

130.) 4th Edition handles Familiars extremely well.

131.) Familiar powers, making your little buddy even more useful

132.) I love how 4e differentiates weapons with Prof Bonus and properties such High Crit and Brutal.

133.) Angels that're genuinely evil.

134.) The fact that we no longer need to one-up existing creatures from the MM (Lamassu to Greater Lamassu to Celestial Lamassu, for example), or create weaker versions (Ki-Rin to Dragon Horses).

135.) Unaligned Metallics! Who ever fought a gold dragon anyway?

136.) Playing a rogue that didn't have to be a sneak, and could instead just club you over the head with a mace when you looked away.

137.) How seamlessly I can play a warforged and not feel over powered because of a few bonuses.   

138.) The amount of special effects weapons have, such as brutal, versatile ect... and how they work together to make it fun to pick a weapon

139.) Also heroic, class, race ect.. feats that make it that much more interesting and fun to pick a weapon.

140.) Adding powers/monsters/mounts/companions is easy to make fun and flavorful and dont break the game.

141.) Weapon style feats, and hopefuly style feats in general

142.) In 4e I'm able to bring in people to play DnD who have never seen a character sheet, because the rules are straightforward and intuitive.

143.) Power cards make it so I can go through a whole session without having to open my books every time I want to breathe

144.) Psions with whips. Am I the only one who finds that ironically right?

145.) The Penny Arcade podcasts and the Video Podcasts. Funny stuff and informative.

146.) Creatively describing powers

147.) The ease of DMing a session without any preperation (I've done this a couple of times and it worked great)

148.) Rule for breaking weapons in Dark Sun!

149.) Using elements of the Dark Sun "toolbox" without having to use the whole setting.

150.) Rules for high magic (standard), low/no magic (inherent bonuses from DMG2), and even super-high/steampunk magic (Eberron) that all work and are balanced, instead of separate modules introducing completely alien rulesets that radically upset the game's function and balance.

#151-200
Show

151.) The full on return of Darksun

152.) Mocking people with the power of Sehanine

153.) That the good outweighs the bad more

154.) Overpowered options.  As a DM they force me to be creative and pay attention to the rules. 

What are some of the reasons that you enjoy 4th Edition D&D?
"All I hear now is the sound of the Charop boards and all their builds popping" ~ Mithreinmaethor "Oh I forgot, common sense no longer exists. It died with the invent of the internet age. ~ Thunder_Dragonbane ~ 1001 Reasons to Love 4E
Umm...ok...guess I'm just puzzled that most of these things are either things that 4e doesn't do very well, or that being happy that its not bad at something that it shouldn't be bad at anyway.

Undecided
10) The bard works straight out of the book.
11) The monk works straight out of the book.
12) The arcane warrior concept works straight out the book as a swordmage.

All three of those were popular fantasy archetypes which never really worked mechanically in previous editions, or at least with no where near the ease-of-use as in 4e.
13) Tactical and exciting combat.
14) All first level characters participate beneficially in combat and social challenges
15. DMs have actual concrete and workable guidelines on how much and what types of treasure to give out.

16. DMs have encounter building guidelines that actually work, something I've been asking for for close to twenty years now.

17. It is *so much easier* to teach to newbies. 
18. Wizards aren't broken.

19. Druids aren't broken.

20. Clerics aren't broken.

(Sorry, Salla, I beat you to the punch.)
In 99.9% of situations involving some measure of dissatisfaction over 4th Edition, the victims are just buttsore that "race/class/build/etc. X" doesn't have "convoluted mechanic Y" in order to accomplish "superfluous effect Z". Confessions of a Mustard Addicted Psychopath
@gwydion9 - There were guidelines for how much and what kind of treasure in 1e, but they referred you back to a bunch of random tables in the back of the DMG and were more than a little ungainly.

21. Low-level spellcasters aren't totally useless if their one spell per day gets interrupted.

22. "Target the spellcasters" is no longer a viable strategy.

Don't ask me why the part of the text above was boldfaced.

23.  Low-level mages don't die from stiff breezes

24.  Warlords

25.  Second Wind saves lives

26.  Fighters have eyes!  (Perception)
27) Skill Challenges are a great way to enhance role playing, if handled properly

28) Not having to use Str or Dex for attacks

29) Having a limit to how many magic items you can use in any given day....

30) I don't have to trip people or be fantastically wealthy to be a useful fighter, these things now just make me better and cooler
"All I hear now is the sound of the Charop boards and all their builds popping" ~ Mithreinmaethor "Oh I forgot, common sense no longer exists. It died with the invent of the internet age. ~ Thunder_Dragonbane ~ 1001 Reasons to Love 4E
@gwydion9 - There were guidelines for how much and what kind of treasure in 1e, but they referred you back to a bunch of random tables in the back of the DMG and were more than a little ungainly.

I know, I tried using them.  I reiterate:

15. DMs have actual concrete and workable guidelines on how much and what types of treasure to give out.

31. Teamwork is essential.

32. The psionics system is balanced. (Ever had wild talents in 2e? Wink)

33. Extensive use of rules updates to correct problems and errors.

34. Awesome software tools for players and DMs (Character Builder and Monster Builder).

35. Everything is Core. Laughing
Member of Grognards for 4th Edition
36) I can design encounter mechanics easily and nobody will whine about them

37) Powers are really hard to abuse by creative interpretation

38) If I include an Ultimate Plot Spell, the Wizard does not claim "I could learn that spell, right?"
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.
39) The new core cosmology, which has a lot more flavor and usability than the previous ones.

40) That I can toss the alignments right out of the window if I want to.

41) Paladins with flavor variation.

42) That HP regain is no longer bound to magic and extremely long bedrests
43) Continual updates and errata to balance the game.

44) Excellent software.

45) Simple rules, ease of teaching the game.

46) Creating encounters is simple, and straightforward.
47. No more Hit Dice.

48. No more cat assassins.

49. Pun-Pun was wiped from the face of the earth.

50. Kobolds are now one of the closest to overpowered races (Shifty, shifty and more shifty.)
Leaders are fifth wheels - the steering one.
51. No more "Great Wheels" of planes.

52. No more Silver Cord bull---t when travelling in the Astral.

53. Astral creatures can't ninja-kill a PC by severing its silver cord for lulz.
54. No more Vancian magic!
55.  Forced movement.  Pushing, pulling, sliding, teleporting, and knocking prone are awsome.

56.  You can have two players who are the same class but do their jobs completely different ways.  Just look at the fighter, for example.  5 build options and their powers have different effects based on weapon type.  Each fighter can be unique and different. 

57. Paragon Paths

58. Epic Destinies.
59.  Creating your own cool, balanced and flavorful custom class is no longer a long forgotten arcane art, it's pretty easy and fun

60.  I'll second #56, as that was one of the main aspects of this system that won me over
61. rituals allow the creation of any spell on the face of the earth without having to worry about how moving 800 tons of rock creatively would wreck an entire combat.

62. powers bring class abilities into near-equality, so that the rogue's "dagger stab," the barbarian's "axe swing," the cleric's "beam of holy energy," and the wizard's "burst of flame" are all equally cool and effective.

63. Clerics (leaders in general) are no longer relegated to the last guy to arrive at the gaming table, who got "stuck" as the healer.

64. Fights are considered even vs. an even number of on-level enemies....no more Challenge rating meaning this one dude is the match of your whole party.

65. tying in with 64, characters actually feel heroic, what with the inclusion of fights with multiple on-level fights and minions.
66. Creatures use a different building system than monsters, making it easy to build on the fly and still use the creation guidelines.

67. Condensing skills to make them broader.

68. A clear attempt to make as many classes as they can be relevant to party success.

69. The Character Builder

70. The Monster Builder

71. Smoothing out HP gain

72. Made point buy an acceptable practise. In previous editions suggesting point-buy were fighting words to many players.

73. Players think a little more about group dynamic

74. The reduced duration of effects

75. Melee combat is fun

76. Unaligned

77. Racial feats and abilities

78. Martial Power

79. Manual of the Planes

80. Open Grave

81. Dungeon Masters Guides

82. DDI

83. Magic items listed in the PHB

84. Three tiered play

85. Not having to open up the book anytime grappling comes up.

86. Another vote for forced movement

87. Fewer rules arguments

88. Surges

89. No ability score alterations by spells and effects, so no need to do a character re-stat from a spell

90. I love the way critical hits are done in 4e.
91) It makes every class feel like a badass.

92) Kobolds are in Character Builder. And they have shifty, and are really cute
82. DDI

93. But on the other hand, you don't *have* to have a DDi subscription if you don't want one for some reason.
94. "hide behind the pile of dead bards" is not so much of an option anymore.  ; D  (aka, another vote for balanced, useful classes)
95. Taclords
96. Commanding Strike
97. Spiring warlords basically being badass fighters that hurt people and auto heal others by virtue of being cool
98. Twin Strike
99. Avengers
100. Helvs being great
101. Horizon Walkers
102. The good artwork that isn't recylced
103. The good recycled artwork
104. The new artwork from that WAR guy
105. Thunderwave
106. Invokers
107. Shamans
108. Wardens
109. Avengers (I rerolled and got a higher number)
110. Oath of enmity
111. Oath of enmity
112. high Crit weapons
113. sleep
114. Elven Warmages
115. Grappling Fighters
116. The other Ranger builds
117. The game ends at 30
118. The game ends
119. Oath of enmity with a re-roll power
120. Oath of enmity with a re-roll power and a Paragon Path that gives an extra re-roll
121. OOE with a rrp and a PP that grant a rr and an Epic destiny that lets you crit on a 16-20, sometimes
122. Multiclass Versatility
123. Combat Virtuoso
124. Versatile Master
125. Fullblades
126. Minions. As a DM I love them.
http://www.infernaltitans.com/
127. Halflings who aren't forced into a Tolkienesque "burglar" role by arbitrary rules, and then being told "Oh, here, have this hand-me-down class (Illusionist) from the Gnomes."

128. Gnomes not being in PHB 1, and thus arguably "not core."

129. Gnomes being in MM 1, so we can still have gnome-punting contests.
130. Dragonborn
131. Teifling
132. Swordmages
133. Daily power
134. Second Wind
135. magical weapons with the thrown keyword return automatically
136. retraining
137. Finding out a badass mob is actually just a minion
138. Blowing away minions
139. Autodamage
140. Cleave
141. Great Cleave
142. Martial Power
143. Martial Power 2
144. Paragon Paths that work for Hybrids and Multiclasses
145. Cleric Paragon Paths that still have a Close Burst 8 encounter power
146. damage dealing Close Burst 8 encounter powers
147. Channel Divinity
148. Saving Throw granting powers
149. Saving Throws
150. Wardens Font of Life
151. no save-or-die
152. hybrid options
153. warlock flavor text
154. Asmodeus
155. Tharizdun
156) 5' X 100' hallways are gone
157) 10' X 20' rooms are gone
158) Tactics, on both sides, matters
159) If I want to play a board game, but look like I am playing a roleplaying game, there's always 4th Edition. I jest.
160. Ritual magic, because that is how most magic in the authentic mediaeval sources worked.

I have to quibble with that, especially since one of my favourite points about 4th edition (happy point #35) is the mantra that "Everything is Core."

Now the default campaign includes all the good stuff, but more importantly, everything is deliberately balanced to fit, since it has to fit into the core.

That said, I did chuckle at your point, and our party did enjoy whupping some gnomish barbarian butt, twice.

Member of Grognards for 4th Edition
159) If I want to play a board game, but look like I am playing a roleplaying game, there's always 4th Edition. I jest.

I think joke entries should follow their own series numbers, to avoid confusion. I christen your entry #A.
EVERY DAY IS HORRIBLE POST DAY ON THE D&D FORUMS. Everything makes me ANGRY (ESPECIALLY you, reader)
161) Combat encounters now actually contribute to role playing, unlike before when it was just "two more kobolds"
162) No level adjustment.
163) No level adjustment.
164) No level adjustment.
165) No level adjustment.
166) No level adjustment.

(I'm quite serious incidentally, that deserves to be on the list 5 times. Especially since I have a quote from WotC themselves bashing LA ).

I have to quibble with that, especially since one of my favourite points about 4th edition (happy point #35) is the mantra that "Everything is Core."

But he's a monster. Rawr!
Zammm = Batman. Bronies unite. "I'd call you a genius, but I'm in the room."
It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.
Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
167....) Dungeon Tiles.  I don't think this is the best solution as it can be a little cumbersome at times, but as it stands it's by far my favorite option for portraying the environment.  As a DM who adores combat, having an accurate representation of the surrounding area is key for moving things along smoothly.  I personally use poster board and sticky putty to put together key areas for the upcoming session.  Stuff doesn't get moved around when someone bumps the table, I can actually take the map off the table without needing a photographic memory, and it allows me to make adjustments over time...which I love.
168. Genasi from Akanul with Versatile Resistance
http://ladyashmire.deviantart.com/
169. Critical hits.  Max damage, extra damage with magic items, and good feat support
170. Dominated.  Best status effect next to dead.