Psionic Speed - Battlemind Attack 7 - rewording the power for a better understanting

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
The flavour text reads that you "mak[e] a series of quick attacks" so that "your opponents [] regard you as a threat".

The power has the following chracteristica:

At-Will. Augmentable, Psionic, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee weapon

The target being: One, two, or three creatures
On hit you do: 1 [W] damage, and you mark the target until the end of your next turn.
Augments read as follows;
Augment 1 - Effect: After both the first and second attacks, you shift 1 square to a square adjacent to the next target.
Augment 2 - Hit: 1 [W] + Constitution modifier damage. - Effect: You mark the target until the end of your next turn.

Here is how I understand the power. You make one attack per target and mark the last one(because the others get overwritten). If you should happen to have a third attack, you can shift one square between the second and third attack if you augment the power with a power point. This however seems somewhat week for a 7th level power. Am I misreading something? Do I get three attacks even if I have only one target?

I think the description is a bit ambiguous and should be clarified.

The flavour text reads that you "mak[e] a series of quick attacks" so that "your opponents [] regard you as a threat".

The power has the following chracteristica:

At-Will. Augmentable, Psionic, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee weapon

The target being: One, two, or three creatures
On hit you do: 1 [W] damage, and you mark the target until the end of your next turn.
Augments read as follows;
Augment 1 - Effect: After both the first and second attacks, you shift 1 square to a square adjacent to the next target.
Augment 2 - Hit: 1 [W] + Constitution modifier damage. - Effect: You mark the target until the end of your next turn.

Here is how I understand the power. You make one attack per target and mark the last one(because the others get overwritten). If you should happen to have a third attack, you can shift one square between the second and third attack if you augment the power with a power point. This however seems somewhat week for a 7th level power. Am I misreading something? Do I get three attacks even if I have only one target?

I think the description is a bit ambiguous and should be clarified.

The other marks do not get overwritten. A mark is only overwritten if you place a new mark on a target that is already marked. Because, in this case, three different targets are being marked, then they all get marked if you hit each one.

"Augment 1: After the first attack you may shift 1 square to a square adjacent to the next target. After the second attackyou may shift 1 square to a square adjacent to the next target." - That's the longer way of writing the augment 1.

Thank you for clarifying those points! However one issue remains; do I get to make one attack per available target or three attacks that I can divide amongst one to three targets?
Thank you for clarifying those points! However one issue remains; do I get to make one attack per available target or three attacks that I can divide amongst one to three targets?

The power states:

Target: One, Two or Three creatures
Attack: Con vs AC
Hit: 1[W] damage and you mark the target until the end of your next turn.

This means that you get one attack per target. You can target one creature with one attack, two creatures with one attack each, or three creatures with one attack each.

If the power had been the following:

Target: One, Two or Three creatures
Attack: Con vs AC. Make the attack three times

Then you could hit the same creature three times.
Sign In to post comments