Duels of the Planeswalkers Expansion 2 Issues

132 posts / 0 new
Last post
We are aware of the issues with the update and are working with Microsoft to resolve them.

Eric Sorensen
Wizards of the Coast
Organized Play

sorry but, you are kind of a bit late... the microsoft people have already said:

What caused the problem
When it will be fixed
How we sort our consoles out
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Though this would be an excellent time to let us know what the patch/update does or contains
There is another issue:
If you check your avatar awards list you can see 3 magic items but 2 of them are tee shirts and the other one is the magic deck. Instead of 2 tee-shirts there should be one tee-shirt an one dragon pet...
Hope all problems will be fixed as soon as possible. I paid for this and i want to play it!

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

I for one say thank you Eric for a reply. While most people here think you work on their time table/schedule, I am sure it's a different case when you are actually working on making everything work. Regardless of having to wait a little while, I'm glad to see the expansion pack is out. It would have been more community friendly to update us on this a little earlier, but that's your decision and how you treat your community. I'm following these threads to know when I can play the expansion. Hopefully you, or someone else at WotC will reply when the update is working. 

Thanks! 

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

Was just wondering if this is a minor or major problem to fix and if the game will be playable later today thanks for your input as you are very busy eric thanks

My first post and i am full of confusion and bewilderment, as is quite fitting for a noob i suppose.

Anyway to my point, does anybody know a surefire way to get Dotp to work or is it just a case of wait and hope? Has the supposed fix reached the UK/Europe yet?

I turned on my xbox to be greeted by the new expansion on marketplace and was filled with joy but its all turned to pain.
sorry but, you are kind of a bit late... the microsoft people have already said:

What caused the problem
When it will be fixed
How we sort our consoles out

hi, I would like to know the answers to these questions, especially the last one if indeed my Xbox will require sorting out.

I am patient though, as today is also the first day of ROE release events online, so I was torn which one to play anyway.
you will basically be asked to redownload the patch and it will fix it by removing the old one OR you will be instructed to redownload the game. However, a few hours will be required to fully transfer the new patch to all the servers.

that is the jist of what they said. I have just tried it and it failed. The console will fix itself basically, when we get the new patch.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

Main discussion is on the xbox forums.

Cliff notes:
They screwed up a link.
They fixed it.
It's in the process of propagating to the various Xbox Live servers, and may or may not already be fixed for you. If not, wait an hour and try again. 

found this post on the xbox forums, I'm just trying this method at the moment :

"Sorry, I forgot to mention you have to do a push from the xbox marketplace website, not a pull from your own xbox.

Here's the Link:

marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/...

After you hit "Download to Xbox 360" it will show up in your "Active Downloads" Queue on the Xbox.

I'm guessing the push sends it from the main server, while the pull gets it from your local server where its not propagated to yet.

BTW, for those that didn't know... many times games/DLC show up on the website hours before they show up on the console marketplace. I often play DLC hours before my friends.
"

Check this post out on the Xbox Forums!  forums.xbox.com/32528009/ShowPost.aspx#3...
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Question:

I got the 800 point upgrade, which was deducted and the game is currently unplayable.  Yes, i understand from the forums here that the issue will be resolved soon.  However, I noticed there is a 400 point upgrade for Expansion Pack 2 in the Downloads section. 

Are we supposed to pay just 400 for the Expansion Pack 2 upgrade, or 1200 total (400 for the upgrade plus 800 for the download)?

800 ms points for the game
400 ms points for the expansion 1
400 ms points for the expansion 2
1600 ms points altogether

I am Red/White
I am Red/White
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.

I've got the Expansion 1 and the game already.  the question is, if we've been playing for months now we still have to buy 1200 points worth, or just 400?
400 more now. That's all.
Working for me now. Playing a quick Campaign match against Rhys. Lucky sod is using Zen lands.

I've got the Expansion 1 and the game already.  the question is, if we've been playing for months now we still have to buy 1200 points worth, or just 400?

just 400, for the second expansion.
ok now it works for me, so it should for you guys, just be sure to re-download the game from the marketplace website...
Just 400 ?  But it deducted 800 when I went into the game to play....

Sorry for the double post.  But yeah, I think the game actually stole 10 dollars from me.  I had the original game and the Expansion Pack 1.  I found out about the update today when I turned on the game today and went to play it, it said that an update was there.  It charged me 800 points and then said that the download could not be completed at this time, and that the points were already deducted from my account and wouldn't be deducted again.

It wasn't until after this that I went back to look at the All Downloads screen, where I noticed that there was also a 400 point Expansion Pack 2 download available.  I haven't scooped that up right now.

I just deleted the game so I that I can re-download it.  What should I do from here?

EDIT:  Or even worse than stole 10 dollars from me.  Maybe the 800 points was it giving me all the decks already unlocked so I can't go through and have the fun of unlocking them.  But why would that be the default choice when you click Accept?  What a mess this is.
After reading about the push from the marketplace website I thought I'd give it a try. I downloaded xpac2, tried to start the game, did the requested update and still get the same error everybody was reporting.

I can think of multiple reasons:

1. I still have to delete the game and download everything again, although I didn't do the broken update before (but why would that be???)
2. I used the german marketplace website for this process, maybe there's a difference and the german one isn't up to date yet?
3. The marketplace website thing doesn't fix anything and it's just coincidence it's working for some people, because the fix arrived at their server anyway?

Which one would it most likely be?
Sorry for the double post.  But yeah, I think the game actually stole 10 dollars from me.  I had the original game and the Expansion Pack 1.  I found out about the update today when I turned on the game today and went to play it, it said that an update was there.  It charged me 800 points and then said that the download could not be completed at this time, and that the points were already deducted from my account and wouldn't be deducted again.

It wasn't until after this that I went back to look at the All Downloads screen, where I noticed that there was also a 400 point Expansion Pack 2 download available.  I haven't scooped that up right now.

I just deleted the game so I that I can re-download it.  What should I do from here?

EDIT:  Or even worse than stole 10 dollars from me.  Maybe the 800 points was it giving me all the decks already unlocked so I can't go through and have the fun of unlocking them.  But why would that be the default choice when you click Accept?  What a mess this is.

What you've done is purchased 10 80-point addons which complete the decks for you. You have not actually purchased the expansion. As far as it being the "default," I don't know what you mean. I downloaded the update with no such problem.

What you've done is purchased 10 80-point addons which complete the decks for you. You have not actually purchased the expansion. As far as it being the "default," I don't know what you mean. I downloaded the update with no such problem.

Unfortunately, I'd already unlocked 100% of the core game and Expansion 1.  So I paid 10 dollars to unlock things which were already unlocked.  Freakin great.

They need a better description of what those were. I first saw them and thought you could just buy the decks straight out too but figured that was too good to be true.

I downloaded the update, I didn't go after those.  It's just that, in downloading the update, it charged me the 800 for them.  Then I went back and got the 400 point expansion pack.  So it was 1200 in all.
Game works now. However, I get an error message when I try to load the second challenge against Garruk. I'm unable to translate into the exact english wording, but it's something like "the memory device has been removed". I can play challenge 1 and 3 and the whole campaign without problems, didn't try the other challenges yet. Did somebody else get this?
I tried deleting the game and downloading it again. Same result, everything works except challenge #2 of the new expansion.

What the hell, am I really the only one?
That particular challenge worked fine for me Geg =(.
I completed all the challenges just fine....however in the middle of a 4 player xbox live match, i got a pop up informing me that my storage device had been removed and i was being returned to the dashboard....
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Same problem here Geg, you are not alone !
All challenges work except challenge #2 against Garruk =/
Game works now. However, I get an error message when I try to load the second challenge against Garruk. I'm unable to translate into the exact english wording, but it's something like "the memory device has been removed". I can play challenge 1 and 3 and the whole campaign without problems, didn't try the other challenges yet. Did somebody else get this?

I've gotten that a couple of times with other games, so I'm not sure it's Magic specific. When you went to the Dashboard, was everything normal?

Also, I'm not sure if this is the place to report it, but with Custom Co-Op Duel, and possibly other 2HG games, Player 2 keeps losing the ability to use deck editor (Y button does nothing).  The only solution I've found so far is to back out far enough that P2 has to hit "A" to join again,  and it will work temporarily.
Same problem here with Garruk challenge #2...
What happened to the framerate and loading times ?? anyone else experiencing sluggish framerates and longer load times ? frame hiccups when choosing ability targets ?

Before the patch single player games used to run at a buttery 60 fps.. now it runs at barely 30 ! loading times seem to be quite a bit longer as well.

I like the improvements made to the gameplay but this patch seems to have technically worsened the game

I agree I have noticed that too, seems to be running just slightly slower, and when I select attackers sometimes it doesn't take etc. Loading times possibly a bit longer too, not sure... don't understand why this would be. Strange because in real terms it runs a lot faster due to me not having to wait for people's life gain artifacts all the time. That was a good move. Taking them out altogether would have been better ;)
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
I completed all the challenges just fine....however in the middle of a 4 player xbox live match, i got a pop up informing me that my storage device had been removed and i was being returned to the dashboard....

This is the same error message I get with challenge #2. Back on the Dashboard everything appears to be normal and I can just get back into the game and do whatever I like... except this one challenge.

Is there anything I could try to fix it? The problem doesn't seem to be only on the game's side if there are players without the problem.

Btw, I can confirm longer load times. However, I really like that I don't have to wait for lifegain artifacts and +1 damage to trigger 30 times a match anymore. Also the count on your lands is very useful and they have reworked the game mechanics, fixing some card effects that used to be wrong. If they get the load times back down, the framerate up and my challenge working, this expansion gets a thumbs up ^^

Still desperately need deck customization though.
Its been working ok for me, but I have noticed the slower loading times, and my achievements arn't showing up. Just wondering if anybody else had that issue.

This is the same error message I get with challenge #2. Back on the Dashboard everything appears to be normal and I can just get back into the game and do whatever I like... except this one challenge.

Is there anything I could try to fix it? The problem doesn't seem to be only on the game's side if there are players without the problem.

Btw, I can confirm longer load times. However, I really like that I don't have to wait for lifegain artifacts and +1 damage to trigger 30 times a match anymore. Also the count on your lands is very useful and they have reworked the game mechanics, fixing some card effects that used to be wrong. If they get the load times back down, the framerate up and my challenge working, this expansion gets a thumbs up ^^

Still desperately need deck customization though.

I believe this is the syncing error bug we found. The game freezes and then crashes in a 4 player game, constantly saying syncing at the top of the screen (or something like that) and then constantly replays your draw phase, leaving the game totally frozen.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
What happened to the framerate and loading times ?? anyone else experiencing sluggish framerates and longer load times ? frame hiccups when choosing ability targets ?

No framerate issues (That I've noticed)  but the load times are certainly longer.
Also,  anyone know what's up with the dragon avatar award?  It's not on my list,  not even locked.
I believe this is the syncing error bug we found. The game freezes and then crashes in a 4 player game, constantly saying syncing at the top of the screen (or something like that) and then constantly replays your draw phase, leaving the game totally frozen.

It's different. As he said, the game doesn't freeze, you just get the error message that the storage device has been removed and it sends you to the dashboard immediately.