Dragonball

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
The other deck I'm about to put together. No, it's not Dragonstorm. It's just a big, dumb "let's flop lots of dragons onto the table fast" deck.

Dragonball v1.1

In my online goldfishing, this actually seems to do quite well with only 20 land, thanks to the piles of mana acceleration. I've experimented with a pile of multicoloured dragons in here (especially the Invasion five), but found that it really slows things down.
I'm using Cinder Marsh and Mogg Hollows because they come in untapped, and I don't have anything much better that can go here. They seem to do the job well enough, as there isn't a huge call for the coloured mana.
In terms of the dragons chosen for this deck, I've got all of these handy except for Karrthus, Mordant and Flameblast (which I'm about to buy - they're all surprisingly cheap). Any suggestions on bigger, nastier dragons are definitely listened to!
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
I'm wondering how effective this deck will be when faced with disruption? If your burn two or three cards to get down one dragon, it's (obviously) big card disadvantage to get hit with that StP. With multiple opponents to kill, there's a lot of time for someone to draw into Wrath of God, or any other removal spell. Then you have to draw more rituals, more dragons, and start all over again. I think a repeatable engine, like Belbe's Portal, Quicksilver Amulet, or Zirilan of the Claw would be a lot stronger. If you wanted the use the Invasion dragons, there's Dragon Arch, too.

Whatever path you choose, you might want to try out Scourge of Kher Ridges. This guy has a very reasonably priced board-sweeping ability that hurts only your own Brass Heralds.
The trick here will be to pace myself. In other words, don't drop every single freaking dragon I possibly can on the table all at once. Two is great. Three is borderline. Four is probably overkill.
At any rate, this thing has shown the capability of getting two dragons on the table by the end of turn three in its goldfishing. By the time people cope with that so early in a multiplayer game, I've probably got six land online and can drop a dragon a turn from thereon in.
At least that's the theory. We'll see how well it works in practise.

I didn't mean to imply you didn't know how to play around board sweepers. It's just unavoidable that if you ritual out creatures, removal hurts more. I assume you're a good player, it's just the deck inherently has a weakness in one area despite your skill.

The more I think about it, the better some sort of enhanced card selection sounds. Sensei's Divining Top would be great, but it's probably hard to budget. Sylvan Library or Mirri's Guile would also be good, but there's color concerns (and I don't know what they're going for these days). So perhaps Mind's Eye or Angelheart Vial? These seem to be alright for rebuilding steam after the initial flurry of dragons during the midgame. 

I didn't mean to imply you didn't know how to play around board sweepers. It's just unavoidable that if you ritual out creatures, removal hurts more. I assume you're a good player, it's just the deck inherently has a weakness in one area despite your skill.

Oh, no stress. Can't say I took it that way - it's certainly a valid concern when playing a deck like this. And if any relative newbie sees this decklist at some point and wants to play it themselves, it's an important thing to know. Dumping six dragons on the board only to have someone Wrath is pretty much GG for a deck like this. Got that, kids? ;)

The more I think about it, the better some sort of enhanced card selection sounds. Sensei's Divining Top would be great, but it's probably hard to budget. Sylvan Library or Mirri's Guile would also be good, but there's color concerns (and I don't know what they're going for these days). So perhaps Mind's Eye or Angelheart Vial? These seem to be alright for rebuilding steam after the initial flurry of dragons during the midgame. 

I very much agree that this deck's one weakness is going to be card advantage. At the moment, playing this deck is pretty much going to take the form of 1) Drop a dragon or two, 2) swing until someone deals with it, 3) drop more. Given it's primarily red, and red is balls for tutoring and card drawing, it probably pushes us into artifacts for this purpose. I have a Top, and I've just purchased some Seer's Sundials for the other deck being built at the moment (surprisingly effective in playtesting), but Mind's Eye would be the gold standard here. Shame it's so expensive. Angelheart Vial does intrigue me. At first look, it's a crap Sun Droplet, but then you remember the card advantage. Has anyone given this a run yet? Is it any good?

I'm about to try a new dragon build too:

Sol Ringx3
Forestx7
Mountainx5
Swampx4
Savage Landsx4

Dragonmaster Outcastx4
Hellkite Overlordx2
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jundx1
Kokusho, the Evening Starx4
Veteran Explorerx4

Primal Growthx4
Where Ancients Tread x4
Dragon Roostx3
In the Web of Warx2
Harmonizex4
Wild Ricochetx3

Sarkhan the Madx2

Depending how things go I might swap the Veteran Explorer for Sakura Tribe-Elder, a little slower but it won't help my opponents. The dragons are more for defense while Where Ancients Tread can deal direct damage or if I really must can attack in the air. The Wild Ricochet(wish I could fit 4) are there to protect Dragonmaster Outcast. Get a bunch of dragons out and drop Sarkhan the Mad

I picked up four Mind's Eye for $6 after shipping on EBAY. Awesome deals if you're willing to check often
I've found Scourge of Kher Ridges to be an effective dragon in MP games.

My dragon deck as a whole is not very good, but that dragon in particular does wonders.
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
Think I might go another route after testing the above(not bad but not great)

Volrath's Strongholdx3
Miren, the Moaning Well x1
Forestx7
Mountainx5
Swampx3
Savage Landsx4

Dragonmaster Outcastx4
Sakura-Tribe Elderx2
Kokusho, the Evening Starx4
Veteran Explorerx4

Primal Growthx4
Where Ancients Treadx4
Dragon Roostx3
Ensnaring Bridge x4
Harmonizex4

Sarkhan the Madx4

After playing a free for all with a guy that made a crazy deck with [Primal Crux[/c] I made some changes.

I want to take attacking completely out of the picture(unless the Bridge is destroyed) since it's likely I'll be helping my opponents with some land as well. I added Volrath's Stronghold since the Outcasts are prime targets; nice to get them back easily(same for Kokusho) I included Miren to get some much needed life in case someone tries to spell me to death or a way to deal damage through Kokusho. I added two Sarkhan's to help deal more damage as well since he's disposable. I wish I could also add Sword of the Ages to deal even more damage if I needed to finish someone off quickly...

How did your Dragonball deck turn out?
How did your Dragonball deck turn out?

Some of the pieces are still on their way in the post. This deck should get a run in two weeks at the latest. But I'm sure looking forward to dropping two fatties in the first three turns if I can pull it off - that stuff just frightens people.

My dragon deck is just mono , and instead of one timers like seething song, I use cards like gauntlet of power, mana flare and extraplanar lens to chuck out the mana to cast my dragons. Sure, everyone else can get in on the mana, but I usually pump out more power than they do, especially with dragon roost. Also, a few cards to mention are kilnmouth dragon, gratuitous violence and soul's fire. And, in my deck, I use electropotence......I know, it is crap, but If I have enough mana for it, it basically acts as a permanent soul's fire.
HOW TO AUTOCARD! When posting in a text box, type [c]Plains[/c] to make your post showPlains.
Are you making a casual mill deck? Please read.
Control is the key of a mill deck. You should free up your mana as much as possible so that you can respond to whatever your opponent is doing. Having some way to remove threats, both real and percieved, is necessary to survival. Real threats are those that are already on the field, and are something a simple unsummon or doom blade can remove. Percieved threats are those that aren't on the field, something a simple duress or counterspell can deal with. Controlling the board will allow your mill deck to continuously perform, if you use permanent style mill, that is. One-Shot Mill spells are something you should avoid. You can toss tome scours at your opponent until your hand runs out, but that isn't going to be enough to mill them to death. With 1-shot mill spells, like tome scour, you have to treat them like burn spells. Therefore, the only "good" 1-shot mill spells are sanity grinding (in the right deck) and mind funeral. Try to find more permanent styles of milling, like memory erosion, hedron crab, and curse of the bloody tome, so that you don't have to waste your mana each turn doing something that those permanents can do with a single mana/turn investment. Keeping your mana open allows you to respond with control elements. ​Traumatize Rant​. Traumatize is a terrible card for a multitude of reasons. First, it costs 5 to cast, which is a large investment for a mill deck. Milling half a library sounds neat, but if you do the math, it really isn't that much. An average 60 card deck starts with drawing 7 cards. Then, barring any draw spells on their end, or ramp on yours, 5 turns will go by, where they draw 5 more cards, leaving 48 in the deck. Unless they had a deck with more than 60 cards, or you ramped it out, the most you'll ever mill with a single Traumatize on turn 5 is 24 cards. That's not too shabby, but hang on, there's more! If they drew any additional cards or if they were milled before turn 5, that number will be much lower. In addition, any more Traumatize's you draw will only mill less and less as the game goes on...which is the point of a mill deck. My whole point on Traumatize is the it is NOT worth the 5 mana investment, not even with haunting echoes. You can mill more than 24 before turn 5...which you can then cast the echoes. If you look at a mill deck like a burn deck, you'll notice that it takes longer to win with mill than with burn. For example, lightning bolt costs 1 and does 3 out of the 20 damage needed to win (barring any lifegain or damage prevention). For mill, that same investment of 1 would have to mill 9 cards out of an average 60 card deck to be the equivilent of lightning bolt. The problem is that there is no mill card that can do that...except hedron crab, over a period of time. The initial investment of 1 will pay off in 3 more land drops to make the crab equal to a bolt. However, the crab nets you more mill beyond those 3 land drops, making it better as the game draws on. Other cards, like curse of the bloody tome, are excellent ways of milling an opponent because the initial investment of is all you have to pay in order to put your opponent on a clock. All you have to do is stay alive, which is the true goal of a mill strategy. There are other ideas for mill decks that are specific to certain types of strategies. Combo mill decks can mill an entire player's library out from under them. Secondary mill strategies are usually tied to another strategy, like drowner of secrets in a merfolk deck, or halimar excavator in an ally deck. Milling can be done in certain decks that are able to ramp out enough mana to make use of the higher costing mill spells, like using 16 post to pay for X on sands of delirium or for ambassador laquatus. Multiplayer mill decks are even tougher to build, but can be done. Being a slower environment, it is easier to ramp in multiplayer, allowing for big X spells, like mind grind, to be useful. Consuming aberration is another star player. The more straightforward strategy is to use mesmeric orb and dreamborn muse while being the only deck at the table that can deal with it. There are always new strategies coming out with each set, so check gatherer for any new mill cards that you find to be the most fun for you! Now you can say that you haven't fallen into the trap that most new players fall into when they build their first mill deck!

My dragon deck as a whole is not very good, but that dragon in particular does wonders.

^ See, I'm not just making this stuff up! He's a rough-tumbling death machine! 

^ See, I'm not just making this stuff up! He's a rough-tumbling death machine! 

That is very true. With that guy out, I even won against an active Sword of the Meek/Thopter Foundry combo! I have never lost a game in which I drew him. This in contrast to Hellkite Overlord or Kokusho, the Evening Star, two other highly lauded Dragons.
Lifeline can be fun with dragons that have cip effects. I know, doesn't help much here but just found it an excited to utilize it in another dragon deck Laughing
Lifeline works for every player, so it is usually not wise to play it, except when you are really abusing it. Otherwise, it will make winning very hard, and actually more or less a soft lock, because nothing will really happen until somebody draws artifact removal.
Knollspine Dragon is card draw, as long as you have at least one other dragon on the board.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...
Don't you hate it when you look in your collection and are missing cards you thought you had? For now, my manabase is a bit borked, as I'm missing Spinerock Knolls, and only have singletons of Mogg Hollows and Cinder Marsh (which is amazing, considering how much Tempest I bought... how can I have bought a box of tournament decks and only have a singleton of each?). That, and I've only got three Lotus Petals available.

So, for now, my manabase is...
1x Cinder Marsh
1x Mogg Hollows
2x Urborg Volcano
1x Vivid Marsh
1x Vivid Grove
11x Snow-Covered Mountain
3x Mountain

It's a bit horrible and clunky, what with all those CIPT lands. I don't like it. Clearly, I need to spruce the manabase up in future iterations.
In place of Lotus Petal #4, I've at least been able to throw in an extra card. I've made it Dragonspeaker Shaman, just to see if it's going to be any good.
Oh, and one of my playset of Shivan Hellkites was busy elsewhere, so Dragon Tyrant gets a slot also.
First run Friday night!

Don't you hate it when you look in your collection and are missing cards you thought you had? For now, my manabase is a bit borked, as I'm missing Spinerock Knolls, and only have singletons of Mogg Hollows and Cinder Marsh (which is amazing, considering how much Tempest I bought... how can I have bought a box of tournament decks and only have a singleton of each?). That, and I've only got three Lotus Petals available.

So, for now, my manabase is...
1x Cinder Marsh
1x Mogg Hollows
2x Urborg Volcano
1x Vivid Marsh
1x Vivid Grove
11x Snow-Covered Mountain
3x Mountain

It's a bit horrible and clunky, what with all those CIPT lands. I don't like it. Clearly, I need to spruce the manabase up in future iterations.

Surely Savage Lands is better than almost all of those?  If you have a use for colorless mana, Skarrg, the Rage Pits could be handy for giving your dragons trample.  Coalition Relic and Signets might be more durable acceleration than Lotus Petal.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...

Surely Savage Lands is better than almost all of those?  If you have a use for colorless mana, Skarrg, the Rage Pits could be handy for giving your dragons trample.  Coalition Relic and Signets might be more durable acceleration than Lotus Petal.

I second the above, and just add in Fellwar Stone/Coldsteel Heart. In MP, Fellwar Stones usually produce all 5 colors. You only have 4 CIPT lands, and 2 lands that stay tapped when tapped for colored mana. Besides the cards already listed, Lotus Bloom (not budget, but is Lotus Petal really budget? you must already own some). I personally think that their isn't anything in the deck that has to be cast on turn 1-2. I have always found that the Ravnica bounce lands to be particularly useful when you want to play fewer lands in a deck, and still have it seem like you are playing 24 lands. The Ravnica lands only slow you down the turn that you play them, the next turn you have the normal amount of mana. You can also use them to bounce the stay tapped lands to remove their drawback, or Forgotten Cave type lands to get some card draw. Since you aren't playing Dragonstorm, you don't have to cast all your spells on the same turn. You can drop a turn 1-2 Lotus Petal/Dragonmaster Outcast so you don't have 8 cards in hand on turn 2 when you play your bounce land (you don't want to have to discard a card). These (Rakdos Carnarium) might be better than your Urborg Volcanoes, but not better than your Vivid lands.

Budget EDH:EDH on $20 a Deck. Join the Group

You don't have any lantern-lit graveyard or pinecrest ridge?
They can't be more expensive that the tempest versions...
HOW TO AUTOCARD! When posting in a text box, type [c]Plains[/c] to make your post showPlains.
Are you making a casual mill deck? Please read.
Control is the key of a mill deck. You should free up your mana as much as possible so that you can respond to whatever your opponent is doing. Having some way to remove threats, both real and percieved, is necessary to survival. Real threats are those that are already on the field, and are something a simple unsummon or doom blade can remove. Percieved threats are those that aren't on the field, something a simple duress or counterspell can deal with. Controlling the board will allow your mill deck to continuously perform, if you use permanent style mill, that is. One-Shot Mill spells are something you should avoid. You can toss tome scours at your opponent until your hand runs out, but that isn't going to be enough to mill them to death. With 1-shot mill spells, like tome scour, you have to treat them like burn spells. Therefore, the only "good" 1-shot mill spells are sanity grinding (in the right deck) and mind funeral. Try to find more permanent styles of milling, like memory erosion, hedron crab, and curse of the bloody tome, so that you don't have to waste your mana each turn doing something that those permanents can do with a single mana/turn investment. Keeping your mana open allows you to respond with control elements. ​Traumatize Rant​. Traumatize is a terrible card for a multitude of reasons. First, it costs 5 to cast, which is a large investment for a mill deck. Milling half a library sounds neat, but if you do the math, it really isn't that much. An average 60 card deck starts with drawing 7 cards. Then, barring any draw spells on their end, or ramp on yours, 5 turns will go by, where they draw 5 more cards, leaving 48 in the deck. Unless they had a deck with more than 60 cards, or you ramped it out, the most you'll ever mill with a single Traumatize on turn 5 is 24 cards. That's not too shabby, but hang on, there's more! If they drew any additional cards or if they were milled before turn 5, that number will be much lower. In addition, any more Traumatize's you draw will only mill less and less as the game goes on...which is the point of a mill deck. My whole point on Traumatize is the it is NOT worth the 5 mana investment, not even with haunting echoes. You can mill more than 24 before turn 5...which you can then cast the echoes. If you look at a mill deck like a burn deck, you'll notice that it takes longer to win with mill than with burn. For example, lightning bolt costs 1 and does 3 out of the 20 damage needed to win (barring any lifegain or damage prevention). For mill, that same investment of 1 would have to mill 9 cards out of an average 60 card deck to be the equivilent of lightning bolt. The problem is that there is no mill card that can do that...except hedron crab, over a period of time. The initial investment of 1 will pay off in 3 more land drops to make the crab equal to a bolt. However, the crab nets you more mill beyond those 3 land drops, making it better as the game draws on. Other cards, like curse of the bloody tome, are excellent ways of milling an opponent because the initial investment of is all you have to pay in order to put your opponent on a clock. All you have to do is stay alive, which is the true goal of a mill strategy. There are other ideas for mill decks that are specific to certain types of strategies. Combo mill decks can mill an entire player's library out from under them. Secondary mill strategies are usually tied to another strategy, like drowner of secrets in a merfolk deck, or halimar excavator in an ally deck. Milling can be done in certain decks that are able to ramp out enough mana to make use of the higher costing mill spells, like using 16 post to pay for X on sands of delirium or for ambassador laquatus. Multiplayer mill decks are even tougher to build, but can be done. Being a slower environment, it is easier to ramp in multiplayer, allowing for big X spells, like mind grind, to be useful. Consuming aberration is another star player. The more straightforward strategy is to use mesmeric orb and dreamborn muse while being the only deck at the table that can deal with it. There are always new strategies coming out with each set, so check gatherer for any new mill cards that you find to be the most fun for you! Now you can say that you haven't fallen into the trap that most new players fall into when they build their first mill deck!
Yup, Savage Lands is by far better, but my copies are busy doing duty in another deck.
I didn't purchase much Kamigawa block or Time Spiral block, so I actually don't have any copies of Lotus Bloom, Coalition Relic, Lantern-Lit Graveyard or Pinecrest Ridge - but you're all dead right. They'd be in here if I did!

As for Ravnica lands, I think I've got one or two Rakdos Carnariums lying about, but I have a feeling my Gruul Turfs are already decked. But I agree, these are still potentially better than Urborg Volcano. Worth a discussion, that one. Which out of Rakdos Carnarium and Urborg Volcano is strictly better in this situation?

Finally, Coldsteel Heart and Fellwar Stone have got me thinking. I'd rather not run Fellwar, as awesome as it is, simply because if I get to the stage late-game where I'm relying on it to produce a certain colour, and it can't, I'm screwed. I'd rather not run that gamble. But a few other options I have open to me in my cardbase... Chromatic Sphere, Chromatic Star, Khalni Gem, Lotus Blossom, Spectral Searchlight. Maybe one of the Chromatics? Much less of a removal target, and card advantage to boot.

.Rakdos Carnarium is better in almost every case. They both ETB tapped, and the land bounce from Carnarium is offset by the extra mana it produces. It's only disadvantage is that you can't play it turn 1-2, but that usually isn't a problem. I have multiple decks that run 8, and with lenient mulligan rules, it never comes up that I don't have something else to play first. There's another advantage: it gives you an extra land drop, because you can replay that bounced land. So it lasts you an extra turn in terms of mana development.

Fellwar Stone is especially good late game, because it is more likely to produce everything you need by that time. If you don't like it, don't replace it with Chromatic Sphere and such, they only last a turn. Things like Spectral Searchlight or Darksteel Ingot last way longer.
If all you want is fixing, the new Prophetic Prism is probably very good.  It doesn't accelerate you, though.
My Decks
Tournament Decks (4)
How about proxying the Savage Lands (or whatever else you might already own, but are already using)? You do own the cards; you spent your hard-earned cash for them. If you wanted, you could pull them out of one deck and place them in another. This way, you're just saving everyone the time of waiting while you do so.
I'm making a multiplayer dragon themed deck at the moment as well.

Here is my build so far: deckstats.net/deck-162254-813cdcb4616c48...

I'm playing in a 4 player multiplayer game vs a control type deck, stompy deck, rats or discarding.

I know that dragons are a slow tribe but thats why I have the acceleration of the Dragonspeaker Shaman and the Seething Songs
Okay, a couple of small changes here...

The main one is that I've swapped a couple of the big fatties out for Dragon Whelps, just to give the deck a bit more of a ramp (I know, no Furnace Whelps in the collection... ).
And I've subbed Doom Blade for my nice shiny new Induce Despairs, which have proven to be amazing. I've almost always got a CMC6+ dragon in my hand with this deck, so Induce Despair is going to kill just about anything it runs into. It's been very effective in playtesting.

It's also been very good in one-on-one playtesting with Mrs. Bl00m, indicating that this should be pretty good in 2HG as well. It's consistently put beef on the table by Turn 3 with as little as two lands in the opening hand. Including the best Turn 3 this deck has produced so far:
Turn 1: Vivid Grove
Turn 2: Mountain
Turn 3: Mountain, Lotus Petal, Desperate Ritual, Seething Song, Karrthus, swing for 7.
Turn 5: GG.

Peeled off the following in a 2HG game next to a control deck, with opponents going first.

Turn 1: Mountain, Lotus Petal, Desperate Ritual, Dragonspeaker Shaman.
Turn 2: Mountain, Rite of Flame, Seething Song, Shivan Hellkite.
Opponents' Turn 3: Control deck Countersqualls an attempted Unmake on the Hellkite. Opponents on 38.
Turn 3: Control deck Windfalls for six. Mountain. Swing with the Hellkite for 5. Opponents on 33.
Turn 4: Seething Song, Dragon Whelp, Shivan Hellkite. Swing for 5. Opponents on 28.
Turn 5: Swing for 12. Opponents on 16. Drop Shivan Dragon. Opponents scoop.
Yowza!

Wow!  That sounds pretty insane.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.