Best/Favorite Low-Level Magic Item from AV

43 posts / 0 new
Last post

I just finished an LFR mod that granted a Level 4 item or less of my choice from Adventurer's Vault.

I have my eye on a few items, but I'm more curious in hearing about your recommendations from that book, if you've been in this situation. Maybe you found a killer item that no one thought about; brag away!

The other choices were an Amulet of Protection +2, or a Vicious Weapon +2. Both are nice, but this character is L1, so I'm not inclined to take either of those. Maybe I should?

My wife is eyeing Eternal Chalk, which would be loads of fun. However, I prefer something with a benefit I will use a lot; ie, a plus to a defense/attack, then Properties, then Encounter Powers, then Dailies.

You absolutely need to obtain 3 items as you level up (weapon/implement, armor, neck item). Everything else is nice to have but less important.

I would take the amulet. You can use it at L2, and you know it will get used. The weapon is equally useful, but you can't wield it until L3.

I just finished an LFR mod that granted a Level 4 item or less of my choice from Adventurer's Vault.

I have my eye on a few items, but I'm more curious in hearing about your recommendations from that book, if you've been in this situation. Maybe you found a killer item that no one thought about; brag away!

The other choices were an Amulet of Protection +2, or a Vicious Weapon +2. Both are nice, but this character is L1, so I'm not inclined to take either of those. Maybe I should?

My wife is eyeing Eternal Chalk, which would be loads of fun. However, I prefer something with a benefit I will use a lot; ie, a plus to a defense/attack, then Properties, then Encounter Powers, then Dailies.

Not strictly a magic item, but there is an item listed in Adventure's Vault which gives your character:

1) a speed of 7
2) a climb speed of 2
3) swamp walk

for the low low price of 200gp. 

Giant Draft Lizard.

If you play a melee fighter, it can get you at just about any enemy you will face during Heroic tier.  (It's especially useful when the module places the enemy up on a ledge, that would normally require atheletics or acrobatics checks to climb.)

If you play a ranged fighter, you can climb nearby walls to get you out of reach of any enemy.  

Only 200gp.

My favorite toy -
Level 2 item: Shield, Preservation. Daily Power, Minor Action, grants temp HP equal to your surge value to you and all allies within 5 squares.

Cheap item to buy and it can grant the party 10 to 14 temp HP at the start of a fight when used by a high con defender. That's a lot of temporary hit points.

My suggestion -

Save your found magic slots for magic items level 6 or higher. Those slots go away very fast the higher in level you go.

Plus, gold isn't that hard to come by. You can buy low level item stuff pretty easy, if you budget for it.

Another thing to watch out for, is the Daily use items. You're limited to how many times you can use a Daily item power. So you also need to watch that.
Another thing to watch out for, is the Daily use items. You're limited to how many times you can use a Daily item power. So you also need to watch that.

I almost never take any items with Daily powers (unless it is a casually tacked-on Daily power, such as the necrotic Reaction attack with Deathcut armor, when you're really after the necrotic/poison resistance).  There are a couple of exceptions, but in general I hold out for Property, At-Will, or Encounter items.
While it's probably a bit of cheese to take it now (and, as has been already noted, you won't be able to use it until 3rd level), the +2 Vicious weapon would likely wind up being your weapon through most of Heroic tier.

If you prefer to not take something now you can't use for several adventures, take the +2 Amulet.

As Nutation notes, the big three (armor, neck slot, weapon / implement) should be your primary focus for your early items.  Fairly few items from other "slots" are going to be as useful (particularly at this level), and bear in mind that, as the level 2 items are level 6 / 7 magic items, they're generally going to be of greater power / benefit.
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
If you play a Druid, Claw Gloves are very cool.  Just about any other character wants the Vicious +2.  Note that it can be a staff or dagger, so many implement users can take advantage of it that way.
Personally, I feel taking nearly any weapon, implement, armor, or neck item of less than +2 value (level 6+) is a trap (there are a few exceptions, like Shimmering Robes).  +2 items are available in several level 1-4 modules, and become commonplace by the time you hit 4th and have access to level 4-7 modules.  Plus, 3 adventures will give you enough gold to buy a basic +1 item of your choice.

After you get around 5th level, you should have the money to begin buying flavor items, like Eternal Chalk.  But I wouldn't use up a precious found item slot on something like that.  Don't get me wrong - it's a cool item.  But especially with the difficulty ramping up in newer mods, I would reserve my found items for things that will make a large difference in survivability.

Finally, especially with the changes to auras, resistance items should be a high priority.
On the other hand, most players I talk with have more than half of their item slots left after reaching level 10. The system is designed for people to take +1 items for the first 3 levels, and replace those with +2 items after ward. A couple of H1 adventures (mostly the older ones) have +2 items available, but unless you specifically go for them you might very well miss them. Waiting till level 4 or 5 just means you are playing twelve adventures witha +1 to AC/NADs/attack rolls & damage less.

Note that it is hard to suggest good items without knowing, race, class and build. For example, a wizard would not really need that vicious weapon.
It's totally worth buying a +1 weapon after 3 or so adventures (only need 360g)... but with the way the campaign is setup, it feels silly to actually take +1 items until all of the +2 bundles are moved out of H1 entirely.
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director
PS: If your wife will have fun with some eternal chalk, it's a fine purchase when you have enough gold, but not worth the found item slot.

Dan Anderson @EpicUthrac
Total Confusion www.totalcon.com
LFR Calimshan Writing Director
LFR Epic Writing Director

LFR Myth Drannor Writing Director

I almost never take any items with Daily powers (unless it is a casually tacked-on Daily power, such as the necrotic Reaction attack with Deathcut armor, when you're really after the necrotic/poison resistance).  There are a couple of exceptions, but in general I hold out for Property, At-Will, or Encounter items.

That's a fine plan (and one I've done myself) as long as the items you take don't get errata'ed into a daily item power later...  Making everything a daily item power seems to be a popular trend with the errata.

One of my first LFR characters (before I really knew what I was doing) accidentally ended up with about 6 daily item powers, so I could never use them all.  And unfortunately even after I realized she had too many daily item powers I ended up getting her several more of them just because I really liked their property.  So now she has a thousand daily item powers and can only use a few of them. 

One thing to note about daily item powers is that it's ok to have more than you could use if they are highly situational (except, of course, that they're situational so may not be as desirable).  For example, it's not a big deal if you have one daily item that helps you when you're underwater and another one that helps you if you're flying since you're unlikely to need both items during the same adventure.  The problem comes when you have tons of daily item powers that you want to use in every adventure. 

On the other hand, most players I talk with have more than half of their item slots left after reaching level 10. The system is designed for people to take +1 items for the first 3 levels, and replace those with +2 items after ward. A couple of H1 adventures (mostly the older ones) have +2 items available, but unless you specifically go for them you might very well miss them. Waiting till level 4 or 5 just means you are playing twelve adventures witha +1 to AC/NADs/attack rolls & damage less.

I have discovered that found item slots are extremely rare/valuable in the first few levels (perhaps levels 1-5?), but become over-abundant in high heroic and paragon tier.  (For the reasons that Madfox11 noted above.)  All of my mid-paragon tier characters have about 7-9 open found item slots.  Found item slots become technically more valuable as you go up levels since they can be used at level 1 to get a low-level item or can be saved until level 18 to get a high level item. 

Lori Anderson

WotC Freelancer, LFR author

@LittleLorika

Dragon Magazine #412: Unearthed Arcana: Ships in Your Campaign

Calimshan Adventures (LFR): CALI3-3, CALI4-1, and QUES4-1

Epic Adventures (LFR): EPIC5-1 and EPIC5-3

Other LFR Adventures: NETH4-1, ADCP5-2, and MYTH6-3

My experience, limited, is that once you hit Paragon, you're going to use up a bunch of found item slots right away. As there's a big power jump between level 1-10 items and level 11+ items.

ie. I only have one paragon character. He's played in 5 mods. Of those five mods, he picked up 4 items. +3 Weapon with power, +3 armor with power, and 2 slot items. So 4 items slots used for two levels.
My experience, limited, is that once you hit Paragon, you're going to use up a bunch of found item slots right away. As there's a big power jump between level 1-10 items and level 11+ items. ie. I only have one paragon character. He's played in 5 mods. Of those five mods, he picked up 4 items. +3 Weapon with power, +3 armor with power, and 2 slot items. So 4 items slots used for two levels.

And you start finding rings too, so you're not just uprgrading, you're finding stuff for whole new slots.
A wizard would love the +2 vicious weapon.  It can be a quarterstaff, which yes, still counts as a staff which is a wizard implement.  Also, with all of their AoE's wizards get a lot of attack rolls, which means 20's come up (or 19's with Lucky Shot), and there's 2d12 extra damage.

Also, I thought the +2 items were being phased out of H1 mods too, but the adventure the OP is talking about is a newer one and it has the +2 Vicious Weapon and +2 Amulet of Protection.
I'm a big fan of the cloak of the walking wounded, unless you happen to have a character whose 'schtick' is that he's more dangerous when bloodied.

As for the whole 'save your slots' debate, I'm not myself a fan, unless you're the sort who knows in which adventures all the best items can be found and plays them accordingly. In that case, go for it, since the efficiency you'll get out of cherry-picking your lower level items will make up for not using all your slots.

Along those lines, I have seen an argument where it's been suggested that found item slots 'go away' if not used in their specific level -- while I don't believe the rules currently support that interpretation, I wouldn't be at all upset with an update that clarified that players can't have more items in a particular level range than they have slots in that range (so no more than five items of level 11-15, for example).
I'm a big fan of the cloak of the walking wounded, unless you happen to have a character whose 'schtick' is that he's more dangerous when bloodied.

As for the whole 'save your slots' debate, I'm not myself a fan, unless you're the sort who knows in which adventures all the best items can be found and plays them accordingly. In that case, go for it, since the efficiency you'll get out of cherry-picking your lower level items will make up for not using all your slots.

Along those lines, I have seen an argument where it's been suggested that found item slots 'go away' if not used in their specific level -- while I don't believe the rules currently support that interpretation, I wouldn't be at all upset with an update that clarified that players can't have more items in a particular level range than they have slots in that range (so no more than five items of level 11-15, for example).

A charactor should only be taking or buying items they need anyway and sometimes this does result in "slot banking" plus its far better to have an open slot than an item that leaves the player thinking "why the frak did I take that" after finding out what the item does.                  
This may not be really low level, but I have found that map of orienteering level 9 is by far one of the best items I have ever used. A 100 foot map in every direction is the bee's knee's. >.>
-Pot Stirrer. -Because I can. Co-Author Neth 3-3 Seek and Destroy. (Now with 10% more diplomacy!) Author ELTU 4-3 Minutes to Midnight (Waiting on Release) ABSO 4-2. (I really am working on this I promise!)
As for the whole 'save your slots' debate, I'm not myself a fan, unless you're the sort who knows in which adventures all the best items can be found and plays them accordingly.

There's no need to know that. If you pick a 6th level item that you find in a mod, at some point that found item slot could have been an 11th level item that you turn around, sell, and buy the exact 6th level item of your choice. At some point, it could be a 16th level item that you turn around and sell for an 11th level item.

And there are more than enough items with cool properties out there to make this worthwhile. It also allows you to buy upgrades to an item that you feel you need to upgrade, such as a specific weapon choice, without using up all your gold. The real question is how long can you wait.

Levels 1-4, it is pretty easy to get 1100 gold and buy yourself a +1 weapon, +1 armor, and +1 neck item. When you find +2 items, take 'em. If you don't, you're not that much better off taking the +1 items with properties that you'll get rid of once you get into the 4-7 mods...
It all depends on when you want to have the advantage. You can save up all your slots and get the very best items at the E3 tier, but I personally like an even effectiveness curve along the way -- so sure, I'll take a +1 item if it's cool.
Good discussion. Thanks.

I was looking at a couple of cloaks: Cloak of Disruption (-5 to ranged attack rolls >5 squares) and Cloak of Walking Wounded (spend 2 surges on Second Wind).

Now I'm leaning toward the +2 items, probably the amulet, mainly because I like defenses... and therefore living. I have an ardent, so I could benefit from the melee bonuses from the weapon, though.

As for the whole 'save your slots' debate, I'm not myself a fan, unless you're the sort who knows in which adventures all the best items can be found and plays them accordingly.

There's no need to know that. If you pick a 6th level item that you find in a mod, at some point that found item slot could have been an 11th level item that you turn around, sell, and buy the exact 6th level item of your choice. At some point, it could be a 16th level item that you turn around and sell for an 11th level item.

And there are more than enough items with cool properties out there to make this worthwhile. It also allows you to buy upgrades to an item that you feel you need to upgrade, such as a specific weapon choice, without using up all your gold. The real question is how long can you wait.

Levels 1-4, it is pretty easy to get 1100 gold and buy yourself a +1 weapon, +1 armor, and +1 neck item. When you find +2 items, take 'em. If you don't, you're not that much better off taking the +1 items with properties that you'll get rid of once you get into the 4-7 mods...

Remember when a charactor sells an item that slot is still used up and in the long run a charactor will have more gold if they stick to taking extra gold at the end of an adventure. Not only will the charactor have more gold but when that charactor essential does comes along the charactor will  have the money and or the slot to spend it on. So far +1 Battlecrazed get's my vote as the best AV weapon and +1 Avalanche Hammer gets my vote for best AV 2 weapon.  

Good discussion. Thanks.

I was looking at a couple of cloaks: Cloak of Disruption (-5 to ranged attack rolls >5 squares) and Cloak of Walking Wounded (spend 2 surges on Second Wind).

Now I'm leaning toward the +2 items, probably the amulet, mainly because I like defenses... and therefore living. I have an ardent, so I could benefit from the melee bonuses from the weapon, though.

Hitting is important! As an ardent, you really want to hit so the riders on your powers go off.

Also, be aware that Cloak of Disruption has been errataed. The penalty to ranged attack rolls is now equal to the enhancement bonus of the cloak.
I was looking at a couple of cloaks: Cloak of Disruption (-5 to ranged attack rolls >5 squares)

I'm not a big fan of ranged dependent items in LFR. Couple reasons why -

1) Maps are supplied to the GM in the mod. A number of these map areas take place in small, crowded rooms. There are exceptions.

2) Mods, "players suggested start areas". A lot of the maps have little boxes drawn in them for players suggested start areas. A number of GMs take these suggested areas as players have to start in them. This can crowd the players and can limit how much of the map gets used. Making it difficult to get the range you want.
Also note that that cloak has been errated if I remember correctly.
It's totally worth buying a +1 weapon after 3 or so adventures (only need 360g)... but with the way the campaign is setup, it feels silly to actually take +1 items until all of the +2 bundles are moved out of H1 entirely.

Everyone who has played AGLA 1-1 on high with a group of level 1-2 characters, please raise your hand.

*The whole room raises their hand. A few people raise 2 - 5 of their hands.*

I'd love to see the treasure bundles for certain adventures errata'd at some point. 
Everyone who has played AGLA 1-1 on high with a group of level 1-2 characters, please raise your hand.

Or, for that matter, CORM 1-1.  Tongue out
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
What's wrong with CORM 1-1 Scooby Doo and the Black Knight?
I ran it once for a pre-errata battlerager who almost solo-ed the module. He didn't have to, of course, since there were a bunch of other people there for the ride too...

And they were all 1st level...

And yeah, waaay too easy for its +2 Vicious-ness

I'd love to see the treasure bundles for certain adventures errata'd at some point. 

Yup.  Our group even played it with two different sets of characters simultaneously.  We played Combat 1 with the first set of characters, then played Combat 1 with the second set of characters (didn't have to redraw the map), then played Combat 2 with the first set of characters, etc.  It was pretty crazy.  (Kind of a fun experience to do once though.)  Yes, there definitely needs to be a change with the treasure bundle system.

Lori Anderson

WotC Freelancer, LFR author

@LittleLorika

Dragon Magazine #412: Unearthed Arcana: Ships in Your Campaign

Calimshan Adventures (LFR): CALI3-3, CALI4-1, and QUES4-1

Epic Adventures (LFR): EPIC5-1 and EPIC5-3

Other LFR Adventures: NETH4-1, ADCP5-2, and MYTH6-3

I think its excellent.

It helps with the math problem 4E seems to have concerning PCs/Monsters
... it has a math problem at epic. Not 1st level.

If anything, the math problem is having a +2 weapon at 2nd level  
Just like Astral Seal is a problem at epic?
Just like Astral Seal is a problem at epic?

Nah, Astral Seal was a problem at any tier. Regardless, we have learned a lot since those early mods and these days the treasure bundles are generally balanced.
Ok, no, i tried but I could not keep a straight face for long enough to press send on that one.
They are less silly, but the variation from adventure to adventure can still be be huge from the BB-gun in the super deadly meatgrinder to the howitzer in the "please mommy don't hurt me"  session.

I think it is kinda charming, but with replay it will always create a set of "favored" adventures.

(I know, totally off topic, sue me )

To DME, or not to DME: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous powergaming, Or to take arms against a sea of Munchkins, And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;No more;
Astral seal was problematic much earlier than epic. Regardless, as a DM the +2 weapons at level 2are much less problematic than +2 masterwork heavy armor is, especially if the last is in the hands of a player with poor tactical skills or a defender whose character is not particular good in effectively marking. We also try to avoid these kind of treasure bundles in newer adventures. I am not sure it has the desired effect. Than again, I am not sure we need to keep in mind the players who play the same adventure a dozen times just to get a particular item with each of their characters...
Well, this is what I have noticed with adventures lately, an many others can attest to this.

The first onset of adventures were fun, challenging and rewarded PCs when completed. This was up to the point of when SPEC 1-2 was released. As _____ Power books started coming out, some of these adventures became easier (excluding BALD 1-2 and SPEC 1-2), so the level of difficulty in terms of monster selection by the writers began to rise, EAST 1-4 and WATE 1-5 being good examples. Most players will drift toward those favored adventures because some of the treasure bundles they desire also follows a major quest adventure. BALD 1-1 is the best example as you can get Dwarven Armor at H1 and finish your major quest at H3 for a lvl 13 weapon.

In my area, players and DMs enjoy the newer adventures. They're great. Some of them are exciting, but they lack decent treasure. In most cases some of us will go 5-6 new adventures starting from level 1 and suddenly realize, "Oh no! I don't have a magic weapon. Let's play ____ 1-1 next week. I wanna get a _____ +2 and start that quest."

Then the nerfs start pounding on characters, especially at Paragon and decent adventures start to become more difficult. Current rule changes make what was an exciting adventure and killer. Any adventure with multiple mooks with auras could potentially kill a PC at H1 and H2. And some rule changes which made unique monsters (such as Chillborn Zombies) pretty much weaksauce since all aura damaging monsters at the same now.

Either way, lets get back on topic.
Randomly perusing the Compendium for AV items up to level 4... almost exclusively items with Properties or Encounter powers.

Jousting Shield (Arms, Level 2) -- it's good if you charge a lot
Flame Bracers (Arms, 3) -- if you have some way to crit a lot (Avenger? Warlord abusing Viper's Strike?) this is free extra damage

Boots of Adept Charging (Feet, 2) -- more charging goodness
Boots of Stealth (Feet, 3) -- may as well max out your Stealth if that's what you're going for

Note: in Feet slot I would take Acrobat Boots and not look back. Single best Feet slot item until at least level 7 (Boots of the Fencing Master), IMO.

Wrestler's Gloves (Hands, 2) -- if you're making that Brawler Fighter build where you grab people, these are good. Otherwise useless.

Headband of Perception (Head, 1) -- just what it says on the tin
Eagle Eye Goggles (Head, 2) -- if you make a lot of RBAs (Seeker?), these are good, at least until you get something better
Circlet of Second Chances (Head, 3) -- because you can never have too many ways to make a save [Daily power]
Casque of Tactics (Head, 4) -- initiative bonuses are good, and the Daily is situationally useful
Helm of Opportunity (Head, 4) -- if you make a lot of OAs, these are good, at least until you get something better

Belt of the Brawler (Waist, 3) -- maybe some way to use this with Brawler Fighters? otherwise useless
Viper Belt (Waist, 4) -- resistances are good, but poison doesn't seem terribly common

Restful Bedroll (Wondrous, 1) -- there are better ways to gain temp hp after a rest, but hey, it's only 360 GP
Battle Standards (various) -- I know some people swear by them; personally, I always find myself having something better to do with my standard actions
Eagle Eye Goggles  if you make a lot of RBAs (Seeker?)

...or are a Warlock (Eldritch Blast) or have a classic-style Wizard (Magic Missile) or you as a player just think it is a useful thing to have an RBA at-will.

I'm trying to put together a +RBA package for my Warlock1 since I miss a lot.  I'd rather EB and hit than Daily29 and muff my standard action for the turn.  And EB doesn't seem all that plain-vanilla since I looked through the weapon descriptions in AV and realized that my d10 EB is like throwing a versatile sword/axe/hammer around the room.

Best complements I have yet received

Making it up as I go along:

{BRJN} If I was writing the Tome of Lore, I would let Auppenser sleep. But I also would have him dream. In his dreaming he re-activates the innate powers of (some) mortal minds. Or his dreaming changes the nature of reality - currently very malleable thanks to Spellplague &c. Or whatever really cool flavor text and pseudo-science explanation people react positively to.

{Lord_Karsus} You know, I like that better than the explanations for the Spellplague.

{BRJN} If Bhaal approves of The Joker, does he approve of Jack Nicholson's portrayal or Heath Ledger's protrayal more?

{Stigger} That question is utterly classic, and completely on target.

Prepped ahead of time:

I started the 4e thread "1001 Failed Interrogation Results" (now lost in that great electronic goodnight, alas)

{ADHadh} These are all good and make sense! I just can't come up with something that's not covered here and is not completely ridiculous.

(News bulletin: Updated thread to be posted after I review the 5e DMG)

My 5e characters

Active:

none yet - gotta find a group !

Character Ready-to-go:

Erevyn Meliamne, Wood elf Monk1, inspired by "Radar O'Reilley" from M*A*S*H

Concepts I'm kicking around:

Barbarian w/Tough feat, to be nearly indestructible

"Truenamer" cleric - all spells are Verbal

"Buggy" Wizard - insect flavor on everything.  His DMPC / BBEG version is going to become a beetle version of a Worm That Walks.  (See the 4e Lamia.)  Because lichdom is so cliche.

...or are a Warlock (Eldritch Blast) or have a classic-style Wizard (Magic Missile) or you as a player just think it is a useful thing to have an RBA at-will.

I'm trying to put together a +RBA package for my Warlock1 since I miss a lot.  I'd rather EB and hit than Daily29 and muff my standard action for the turn.  And EB doesn't seem all that plain-vanilla since I looked through the weapon descriptions in AV and realized that my d10 EB is like throwing a versatile sword/axe/hammer around the room.

I too have a Warlock and I'd suggest taking Implement Proficiency it allows the charactor to pick an implement from another arcane class and the class of choice is almost always Swordmage either Light or Heavy  Blade . A Warlock who picks Light Blade has a lot of cool options such as the Spiked Chain (if they take the Spiked Chain Mastery feat), the Khopesh, or if one wants to be really inventive Spiked Shield.  

I too have a Warlock and I'd suggest taking Implement Proficiency it allows the charactor to pick an implement from another arcane class and the class of choice is almost always Swordmage either Light or Heavy  Blade . A Warlock who picks Light Blade has a lot of cool options such as the Spiked Chain (if they take the Spiked Chain Mastery feat), the Khopesh, or if one wants to be really inventive Spiked Shield.  

Either of the Assassin multiclass feats gives you (in addition to either Shadow Step or Shrouds) the use of Assassin implements.  Assassins can use any weapon they are proficient in as an implement. 

@ Vamroc and Joe-Schill,
I think Implement Proficiency would be more useful to me than multiclassing Assassin.  My physical stats (except CON) are dump stats; therefore I try to avoid melee.  But don't let me pour cold water on you - a character that is not a 98-pound weakling can put your suggestions to good use.  Embarassed

Best complements I have yet received

Making it up as I go along:

{BRJN} If I was writing the Tome of Lore, I would let Auppenser sleep. But I also would have him dream. In his dreaming he re-activates the innate powers of (some) mortal minds. Or his dreaming changes the nature of reality - currently very malleable thanks to Spellplague &c. Or whatever really cool flavor text and pseudo-science explanation people react positively to.

{Lord_Karsus} You know, I like that better than the explanations for the Spellplague.

{BRJN} If Bhaal approves of The Joker, does he approve of Jack Nicholson's portrayal or Heath Ledger's protrayal more?

{Stigger} That question is utterly classic, and completely on target.

Prepped ahead of time:

I started the 4e thread "1001 Failed Interrogation Results" (now lost in that great electronic goodnight, alas)

{ADHadh} These are all good and make sense! I just can't come up with something that's not covered here and is not completely ridiculous.

(News bulletin: Updated thread to be posted after I review the 5e DMG)

My 5e characters

Active:

none yet - gotta find a group !

Character Ready-to-go:

Erevyn Meliamne, Wood elf Monk1, inspired by "Radar O'Reilley" from M*A*S*H

Concepts I'm kicking around:

Barbarian w/Tough feat, to be nearly indestructible

"Truenamer" cleric - all spells are Verbal

"Buggy" Wizard - insect flavor on everything.  His DMPC / BBEG version is going to become a beetle version of a Worm That Walks.  (See the 4e Lamia.)  Because lichdom is so cliche.

Sign In to post comments