Star War Starship Battles Expanded Rules

Hello all,

I've FINALLY posted my rules set online in one of the yahoo groups I just recently joined devoted entirely to Star Wars miniature gaming.  First let me say that my rules are definitely NOT for the faint of heart as they are rather quite extensive.  They span 31 pages which encompasses my expanded rules, some alternate expanded rules to be used if players wish to, 10 pre-set missions and even some campaign upgrades to be used if players want to ever run a campaign.   

I wrote my rules so that anybody who had the game could use them right away as they mesh really well with the original without the use of anything that doesn't come with the original game other than a couple of d6, a scatter die (or some form of random direction generation) and a tape measure.  I did completely away with the gaming grid as I've always felt it was too limiting as all movement and shooting is measured out, thus the tape measure. 

If you've ever wanted SSB to be more strategic and tactical, then I think you'll like them.  Where possible I tried to add as much Star Wars realism as possible garnered from my vast reading of the novels and other source material.  These rules are however untested and so please feel free to try them out and give me some honest feedback.  I've only playtested the basic concepts back when this was only half as long and so I look forward to hearing other opinions.  Lastly, these rules do require some tracking of damage as you will see in the reading and so I also uploaded a generic tracking sheet to the group as well.

Well anyway, here are the links and I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Small Scale Star Wars Yahoo Group:
games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SSSW/

EDIT:  The links to the rules and tracking sheet DO NOT work and so you must go to the Yahoo group and join up in order to see them.  I'll post them up again once I find someplace else to post them to.

SSB Expanded Rules
Coming Soon!

SSB Expanded Rules Tracking Sheet
Coming Soon!

The links don't work, and I didn't feel like signing up :-).  Can you e-mail me the files?  And if you are still interested, I'll upload them to my website.  I plan on working on it over the next couple days.
My unofficial SSB Website 4-14-10 Uploaded the Base Pack of stat cards for Desperate Encounters. These cards are for the 60 stock SSB Models, making them compatible with DE. Coming Soon: DE: Reputations. Reputations in battle are earned, not given... An expansion pack containing stat cards for unique fighter squadrons, unique versions of stock SSB ships, and generic versions of unique SSB ships.
Sure I'll e-mail them to you and I'd love for you to post them up on your website.  In fact when you do, could you post the link here in this thread?
you bet.  I'm working on the customs page now, I'll get to the Archives page either tomorrow or next week :-).
My unofficial SSB Website 4-14-10 Uploaded the Base Pack of stat cards for Desperate Encounters. These cards are for the 60 stock SSB Models, making them compatible with DE. Coming Soon: DE: Reputations. Reputations in battle are earned, not given... An expansion pack containing stat cards for unique fighter squadrons, unique versions of stock SSB ships, and generic versions of unique SSB ships.
Cool, sounds good!  I sent them to you earlier, so let me know if they didn't come through!

Hello all,

I've FINALLY posted my rules set online in one of the yahoo groups I just recently joined devoted entirely to Star Wars miniature gaming.  First let me say that my rules are definitely NOT for the faint of heart as they are rather quite extensive.  They span 31 pages which encompasses my expanded rules, some alternate expanded rules to be used if players wish to, 10 pre-set missions and even some campaign upgrades to be used if players want to ever run a campaign.   

I wrote my rules so that anybody who had the game could use them right away as they mesh really well with the original without the use of anything that doesn't come with the original game other than a couple of d6, a scatter die (or some form of random direction generation) and a tape measure.  I did completely away with the gaming grid as I've always felt it was too limiting as all movement and shooting is measured out, thus the tape measure. 

If you've ever wanted SSB to be more strategic and tactical, then I think you'll like them.  Where possible I tried to add as much Star Wars realism as possible garnered from my vast reading of the novels and other source material.  These rules are however untested and so please feel free to try them out and give me some honest feedback.  I've only playtested the basic concepts back when this was only half as long and so I look forward to hearing other opinions.  Lastly, these rules do require some tracking of damage as you will see in the reading and so I also uploaded a generic tracking sheet to the group as well.

Well anyway, here are the links and I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Small Scale Star Wars Yahoo Group:
games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SSSW/

EDIT:  The links to the rules and tracking sheet DO NOT work and so you must go to the Yahoo group and join up in order to see them.  I'll post them up again once I find someplace else to post them to.

SSB Expanded Rules
Coming Soon!

SSB Expanded Rules Tracking Sheet
Coming Soon!

There are LOTS of rules there - which ones are yours?
The one titled Unofficial SSB Expanded rules by Ironman2601.
I'm trying also to get a set of advanced rules as a certain standard, and it's open for discussion.
See other posts in this SSB section
Sign In to post comments