Fellin of the Smoking Eye: a hybrid Cleric|Warlock

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

Fellin of the Smoking Eye

A Hybrid Cleric|Warlock

Fellin is a converted 3.5 Character that I played in the Shackled City Campaign, which one of my lovely DM's has decided to resurect and convert to 4e. Now Fellin was a Radiant servant of Pelor, more blast them with holy fire and light, and less on the healing, which I've tried to keep to that theme. But due to becoming the ruler of Occipitus; one of the layers of the Abyss, with a very colourful and bright past (it used to be part of Celestia) this has had some infernal warping on the character. Which I have tried to incorporate by hybriding Warlock

whilst creating this themetic build I realised it seems quite good, I'd like feedback, if you'd be prepared to give it. I'm the parties only cleric, along with Ser Alister a good and wise Paladin of Justice, Trunks a gnome/halfling barbarian, Jayjin our rogue crossbow sniper, and Falin a Dwarven Mage

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Fellin Oneeye, level 15
Revenant, Cleric|Warlock, Radiant Servant
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Eldritch Pact (Hybrid): Infernal Pact (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlock: Hybrid Warlock Reflex
Hybrid Talent: Cleric Armor Proficiency
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Light Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Holy Symbol)
Choose your Race in Life: Shadar-kai
Background: Akanûl (Akanûl Benefit)

Str 9, Con 22, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 20, Cha 14.

Str 8, Con 16, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 13.

AC: 28 Fort: 26 Reflex: 23 Will: 26
HP: 104 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 26

Intimidate +16, Religion +12, Insight +17

Acrobatics +10, Arcana +7, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9, Dungeoneering +12, Endurance +15, Heal +12, History +7, Nature +12, Perception +12, Stealth +9, Streetwise +9, Thievery +9, Athletics +6

Level 1: Starfire Womb
Level 2: Hybrid Talent
Level 4: Deva Heritage
Level 6: Radiant Recovery
Level 8: White Lotus Riposte
Level 10: Versatile Expertise
Level 11: White Lotus Master Riposte
Level 12: Superior Implement Training (Astral symbol)
Level 14: Reaper's Touch

Hybrid at-will 1: Astral Seal
Hybrid at-will 1: Eldritch Blast
Hybrid encounter 1: Divine Glow
Hybrid daily 1: Beacon of Hope
Hybrid utility 2: Life Transference
Hybrid encounter 3: Fortune Binding
Hybrid daily 5: Hellsworn Blessing
Hybrid utility 6: Shroud of Black Steel
Hybrid encounter 7: Zealous Sanction
Hybrid daily 9: Vestige of the Onyx Queen
Hybrid utility 10: Ethereal Sidestep
Hybrid encounter 13: Mantle of Glory (replaces Divine Glow)
Hybrid daily 15: Purifying Fire (replaces Hellsworn Blessing)

Eladrin Braidmail Armor +3, Pelor's Sun Blessing (level 3), Demonskin Tattoo (heroic tier), Bag of Holding (heroic tier), Everlasting Provisions (heroic tier), Eagle Eye Goggles (heroic tier), Gauntlets of Blood (heroic tier), Acrobat Boots (heroic tier), Sun Disk of Pelor Astral symbol +3, Aversion Staff +1, Resplendent Gloves (heroic tier), Cloak of Translocation +3, Mithrendain Steel Dagger +2, Quickcurse Rod +1, Adventurer's Kit, Warlock's Bracers (paragon tier), Viper Belt (heroic tier), Ritual Book
Unseen Servant, Familiar Mount, Magic Circle, Mindshape Warwing Drake, Raise Dead
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

• All attacks are radiant unless holy symbol* turned off

• Any Radiant attack Criticals on a 19-20

• When I hit with a radiant attack I get the following benefits per hit
    • Free saving throw

• 6 (con) Temp Hit points (which don't stack)

• Eldritch blast can be Melee 1 as well as range 12*, Radiant +19 vs. Ref, does 1d10+9 + 2 (radiant*) + 2 (if bloodied) + 6 (if vulnerable to radiant)
    • *Astral holy symbol

• If I hit target with Eldritch Blast and they hit me before my next turn, as Immediate Interrupt: Attack them again with Eldritch Blast + 6 (con) damage (see above) plus even if I miss they still take 6 (con) damage!

• If an attack targets WILL + 2 damage (untyped)

• I get additional + 3 (untyped) Defences (AC, FORT, REF, WILL) vs. any opponent that I have cursed, or + 2 if they are not cursed but under an effect of mine

• Move action: @will teleport 4sq (1 from power + 2 from armour + 1 from dagger)
    • Gain + 2 AC and REF (untyped bonus) till EoNT when using a teleport power.

• Free Action on 1/enc: Curse anyone is sight! (Quick curse rod)

• Minor: toggle damage type (normal/radiant) – default = radiant

This is where I could use some help

• Astral Seal - 9 hp regained, radiant attack so I get my snackies

• Beacon of hope (daily) - 10 hp regained, radiant attack so I get my snackies

• Life Transference (daily)

• Zealous Sanction (enc) - alie gets to spend healing surge if hits target, radiant attack so I get my snackies

• Mantle of Glory (enc close Burst 5) all alies gets to spend healing surge, multiple radiant hits so I get multiple snackies

• Purifying Fire (daily burst2 with in 12) - regain 7hp/rnd to allies standing next to affected enemies(save ends)

I bet it gets funny when both Fellin and Falin are failing their skill checks.
You probably haven't gotten any input because your build is pasted in one big, unformatted, unreadable block. I would try to parse through it and help if you it didn't murder my eyes, but if you made it pretty, you could probably get some input.

I'd take Hellish Rebuke as its damage potenial is a lot higher. Also, dual implement is a must have for a arcane striker. 

I'd replace Repear's Touch with Saving Grace.  That way you can pass around all those lovely saves.   If you could afford a 13 str, it would be a lot better to take chain prof instead of hyrbid talent.

The wall of text might not be his fault since the boards have been acting strange with formatting the past day or so.

The 13 strength would be hard to pull off without dumping charisma.  He has the dex for dual implement casting, but it looks like his main implement will be a holy symbol.  After reading the text of the feat it looks like that should still work, but he will need to hold the holy symbol (or possibly a second rod/wand) in his hand since the feat says "you are wielding an implement in each hand"  I am glad someone is trying to pull off a warlock/cleric mix since it is one of those builds that has potential, but is complicated.  My first instinct would be to go with a charisma lock, but the radiant theme here is interesting
Ok i've checked the formatting in Firefox, IE 7, as well as chrome - all ok on my machine (I work in the web industry), not sure why your getting wall of text.

No other comments on the build -
I was goign to take saving grace as my level 16, I think its well worth it, considering theoretically how many saves i'll get to make.

At this level I feel its the status that are the problem, HP loss less so.
Everything inside the sblock is a wad of garbage.  No formatting whatsoever.

The boards have been like that lately so it's probably not your fault.  You could try removing the sblock and see if that helps.

This is a sample of what we see...

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======Fellin Oneeye, level 15Revenant, Cleric|Warlock, Radiant ServantEldritch Blast: Eldritch Blast ConstitutionEldritch Pact (Hybrid): Infernal Pact (Hybrid)Hybrid Warlock: Hybrid Warlock ReflexHybrid Talent: Cleric Armor ProficiencyVersatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Light Blade)Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Holy Symbol)Choose your Race in Life: Shadar-kaiBackground: Akanûl (Akanûl Benefit)FINAL ABILITY SCORESStr 9, Con 22, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 20, Cha 14.STARTING ABILITY SCORESStr 8, Con  
The wall of text is the forum's fault, not yours and there have been multiple threads and the community guides know about the problem.  All of the sample builds that have been in my handbooks for months that I have checked got messed up in the last 48 hours. 

Those are all in sblock but some things not in sblock got messed up in my handbooks as well
try it now, i've added br html tags in the sblock, it seems that it doesn't like the html and forum code togeather - pitty formatting is gettign more responses than the build... ah well

The reasons I went with con, was that it was more infernal based, and would offer up a decent HP, Surges and Fort.

Thanks for the help and the suggestions, keep them comming.
A lot better.  All the feats are next to each other, as are all the powers, but it is much more readable.
So any more ideas - thougths - concepts I should add?
I like the theme.

But I have a few questions, as I consider one myself for an upcoming campaign:
-- How well does the character work from early heroics (L3+) ?
-- How good is the actual damage, considering that Warlocks (sans Feychargers et al) have issues there anyway, and Cleric are not a real powerhouse, either.
-- Could the build work without Radiant exploitation ?
The radiant is the key to the damage of this build, with out it, and the ability to pull the white lotus effects its damage is reduced greatly.

Its the ability of the hybrid that allows for both the warlock and cleric sides to use the Pelor's holy Symbol - which allows all powers used throught it to be come radiant.  As well as utalising Pelor's boon, and the Deva heritages second feat: Radiant recovery

The reason I built Fellin was to fully capatalise on this synegy, the CON mod temp Hp and the free saving through per Hit (not per power) all key of radiant keyword.

I'm not sure how it would work in early heroic, I would imagine it would be functional as long as it has access to Pelor's holy symbol, but I did build this knowing we would be kicking off where we left off in the old 3.5ed campaign.

hope that helps
Sign In to post comments