D&D EncountersIt's recently fallen on my to DM a table at my encounters group, but the other DM and the organizer have pretty much just given me a bag with the "kit" supplies and said "have at it!"The DMing is fine, and tracking everything (renown, g

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
D&D Encounters

It's recently fallen on my to DM a table at my encounters group, but the other DM and the organizer have pretty much just given me a bag with the "kit" supplies and said "have at it!"

The DMing is fine, and tracking everything (renown, gold, xp) is no issue, but simple questions have come up and I don't want to assume at the risk of unknown rammifications.

For instance; I assume it's not ok to copy any of the materials (not an issue), but what from the DM's kit do the DM's get to keep after the season?  The whole thing?  Do we have to send back the module and the maps?  Do we as the DM's have to do something or will the Organizer be the liaison?

Just basic permissions questions, I suppose?
There is nothing that gets sent back to WotC.  Anything your store/organizer received is up to them to decide to keep or give away.

My DMs get to keep the module and maps and any other goodies they care to split up (coasters, table tents, etc) when the season is over. 
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

As an Organizer, what I give to a DM is his to use/keep as he sees fit (as long as it doesn't violate copyrights etc). I see it as their reward for the work they are putting into running a table for me. I would however confirm with your Organizer that they feel the same way before planning to keep the kit.

Best Wishes & Happy Gaming.
Links that I find very useful, will be added here. http://community.wizards.com/vinciente/blog/2010/02/24/useful_damp;d_pageslinks
As an organizer I too let the DMs keep whatever materials they use for DMing things like game day or Encounters.  Normally. However with Encounters the DMs stepped up too late for me to get a second kit.

I was going to just rotate the second mod I had through the DMs (we seem to have attracted a lot of new DMs instead of new players ) and find some way to hand out the maps, mod and other DM reward at the end of the season. Unfortunately the other mod (and maps) wandered away with one of the DMs and has yet to surface.

So for my remaining DMs they get a copy from my mod for the session they will run only. If I had any way to get additional copies from Wotc I would. I am not going to chance ruining the rest of the season because the only copy of the mod in the store wandered off with a DM we trusted to return it.

For season 2 I ordered the extra kit. I doubt we will have enough players but I am sure we will have plenty of people wanting to try their hand as DM. I hope they find away around this for season 2 but if not I will do the same thing again if I have to.
Sign In to post comments