4E Information with Sources

55 posts / 0 new
Last post

As someone new to Dark Sun, every tidbit I come across is news to me. I started this post to share and reference official revelations and excerpts, to be a reliable post with Wizards sources that I can link to for anyone to double-check and confirm for themselves. I also put together a Pre-release Play Kit in the first reply to this thread. Following the release of the initial Dark Sun materials there isn't as much that's "news" so much as regularly-featured content. The setting has a World Page linked below, as well as a column titled Eye on Dark Sun. A section titled "Adventures" has been added to the bottom of this first post.

(Latest) indicates additions or changes were made recently, up to December 8th, 2013.
DnDi_Small.png indicates that the link leads to a D&D Insider subscriber-only article.
Unless otherwise noted, "Blog post" refers specifically to Rich Baker's blog.

Useful Posts and Helpful People
Pennarin maintains an archive sticky for important discussions and fan/homebrew material, as well as a Q&A sticky. I'd also like to thank Alphastream1Anondson, mouthymercRaddu76, and The_Halfling_02, for digging up or discovering some of the articles, blog posts, or tweets I might have otherwise missed! And of course, everyone else who has helped me craft this post, thank you as well, I'm sorry if I've left you out.

Dark Sun World Page, and of course: Eight Characteristics of Athas

(LatestEye on Dark Sun Column (All articles currently require DnDi_Small.png Insider)

(LatestArticles tagged Dark Sun (Most articles posted after 2010 require DnDi_Small.png Insider)

Promotional & Miscellaneous Materials
Returning to Athas, Part 1 DnDi_Small.png Includes a handy "Athas in Seven Sentences" list for newcomers.

James Wyatt Interview: Basic rundown of Dark Sun information; not a lot, but enough to catch the interest of a newcomer like me.

D&D Experience: Features the characters from the preview adventure as a PDF download.

Dark Sun Summer: Starting June 9th the D&D Encounters program will feature a Dark Sun adventure, Fury of the Wastewalker. June 19th is Free RPG Day, and Wizards' giveaway is a Dark Sun "adventure folio" called Bloodsand Arena!             
  • Free RPG Day character sheets (PDFs in a zip file) - the characters from D&DXP in the same design style as D&D Encounters sheets.
  • If you have trouble unzipping the files, 7-zip 9.14 beta or more recent beta handles them fine, and it's free without any ads, web toolbars or nag screens.
Summer News: Among the summer events coming up are a couple for Dark Sun, including  
  • Glory and Blood at GenCon Indy, a gladiatorial gauntlet through the city-states of the Tyr region.
  • The Lost Cistern of Aravek for Dark Sun Game Day on August 21st, a mission to retrieve a magical water-related artifact for Tyr.
Oasis of Blood Fiction [Article]

Athasian Sleeve of Refreshment [Twitter]

Desert of Athas Dungeon Tile preview [Article]

For Players
Class Builds:
New builds for Dark Sun are: wild battlemind; arena fighter; animist shaman; sorcerer-king pact warlock. For more on the warlock, see the Warlock: Sorcerer-King Pact entry below. [Excerpts article]

Defiling:
A power for Arcane PCs, as well as more general defiling mechanics and its fluff, were revealed in the DnDi_Small.png June Ampersand.

Divine Power Source:
Not available on Athas by default, as there are no gods to power it and the templars/elemental priests have new mechanics that don't rely on using SKs/elementals in place of deities (with the further explanation that 4E isn't reliant on clerics for healers). PCs who are allowed by DMs to be divine characters would likely be the only ones in the world, and are probably "people that hear things." [D&DXP Podcast 4]

Dray/Dragonborn:
The dragonborn are reimagined for Athas as closer to their draconic resemblance, both in magical inclination and personality. They're likely to be guildsmen and moneylenders, potentially unsavory but useful to have around. [Blog post]

Eladrin:
As a 4E core race, Eladrin have been given "an Athasian makeover." Having recognized the defiling nature of Arcane magic, Eladrin are instead psionic masters. It's implied that they might be hunting defilers and studying the sorcerer-kings and their templars, trying to both keep the death of their Feywild homes at bay and preparing for its inevitability. [Blog post]

Epic Destinies:
Avangion and Dragon King are mentioned in the chapter outline of the Character Options excerpt. [Excerpt article] [First mention of Dragon King: Interview transcript]

Goliaths (Half-giants)
Dark Sun half-giants in D&DXP have used the goliath stats, with a racial entry "Goliath (Half-giant)". At a D&DXP seminar it was mentioned that the developers didn't want to make yet another big, strong race for Dark Sun when they had a good one in core 4E already. [Podcast 4] Half-giant Thug racial paragon path. [Races of Athas]

Muls:
This race will be introduced in the Dark Sun Campaign Guide, and previews of Muls are available in D&DXP/Free RPG Day, and D&D Encounters. The pronunciation of the name is clarified in a D&DXP seminar. [Podcast 4] "A mix of dwarf and human bloodlines, muls combine the hardiness of the former race with the drive and flexibility of the latter race. Muls are phenomenally tough and enduring." [Races of Athas]

DnDi_Small.png Psionics, Magic & Metal

Shaman:
Might be getting new elemental powers such as the one previewed here. [Customer Service Preview]

Themes:
Dark Sun will make a lot of its new character options available as themes, which provide an encounter power, and offer other theme powers in place of class powers at later levels. These themes might also be Paragon Path requirements. The full list of Dark Sun Campaign Guide themes has been revealed, and themes explained in greater depth.

• The D&D Experience characters showed off:
    • Gladiator [DnDi_Small.png July Ampersand detailed preview]
    • Elemental Priest
    • Veiled Alliance
    • Templar
    • Wilder

• Wasteland Nomad was mentioned in the Dark Sun Summer article.

• Noble Adept appeared on a character for D&D Encounters Season 2.

• Escaped Slave will be appearing in Dragon in July.

• DnDi_Small.png Returning to Athas, Part 2

[Main blog post] [More on why Templar became a theme] [Dark Sun Summer] [July and Beyond]

Thri-kreen:
The race is balanced against other 4E races, but still has many options at later levels by using 4E mechanics such as racial paragon paths. One of the D&D Experience characters is Thri-kreen and has a racial encounter power, Thri-kreen Claws, that lets it melee attack three enemies at once. [Interview transcript] "Insectlike hunters of the wastelands, the thri-kreen are quick and deadly warriors." [Races of Athas] Thri-kreen Predator racial paragon path, partial preview. [Pen & Paper Games]

Warlock: Sorcerer-King Pact
A Sorcerer-King might show favor to a character, in this case a warlock. It might be considered a reward, or a tool issued for a task (those are just some of the concepts mentioned). There will be a build for the pact. [Blog post] [Excerpt article]

Weapons:
The flavorful Athasian weapon materials of bone, obsidian and stone will be the "baseline" for weapon statistics, while basic metal weapons will be considered masterwork. Things like weapon breakage will probably appear as DM options rather than setting-core rules. D&D Encounters Season 2 and the Free RPG Day adventure Bloodsand Arena provide a "Reckless Breakage" option for breaking a non-metal weapon after a re-roll, and having a chance to break a metal weapon on a re-roll. [Blog post] [Interview transcript]

Wild Talents:
Mentioned in the chapter outline for Character Options. [Excerpt article]

Monsters of Athas
DnDi_Small.png May Ampersand previews: Anakore (Level 5 Lurker, Level 7 Brute); Nibenay (Level 29 Elite Controller); Shadow Bride (Level 13 Soldier)

Belgoi:
The belgoi has been reworked mechanically and thematically. I'm not sure I can put it better than the blog post (and this is just a fragment of the post) [Blog post]                             

• In 4e, I found that the belgoi made a lot more sense. First of all, I created a lurker belgoi that could skulk around the edges of another encounter and "ring up" a character while his friends were busy with some other threat. Now the monster summoning one PC out into the darkness is a viable part of an encounter. Then I built an elite controller belgoi who had an area-effect summoning bell power, something that could pull and daze or stun several characters at once-so you can take on the whole party at once instead of fiddling with the metagame-challenged idea of fighting one PC at a time while the rest of the party isn't in an encounter.

Gaj:
Level 8 Elite Controller (no tactics text provided) near the very end of [July and Beyond]

Hazards of Dark Sun depicts dangerous plants and carnivorous cacti; this is actually an older (but still 4E) article from 2008. [Article]

Inix [Customer Service Preview]

Salt Golem [August & Beyond]

Silt Runner:
Lore only, near the very end of [July and Beyond]

Article: The World of Dark Sun
Section:
The World of Dark Sun
Defiling and other reassurances:
The beginning of this post mentions that there will be defiling mechanics, among other bits that make Dark Sun unique without invalidating or overriding the core rules. [Blog post] Preserving will be considered the default magic use, while defiling will be a destructively-lucrative temptation available to arcane magic users. [Interview transcript] Monsters, including at least one Sorcerer-King's stat block, includes an Arcane Defiling power which triggers based on its other powers. [DnDi_Small.png May Ampersand] Preview of some defiling rules; minor primal spirits are included among the lifeforms (plants and animals) used as fuel for arcane magic. "Defiled terrain" is mentioned. Defiling cannot be disguised as a non-arcane power. [DnDi_Small.png June Ampersand]

Dragon, The:
Article "The Dragon's Altar" describes a place of sacrifice, in relation to the Dragon's Levy, and several non-item rewards that can be given to player characters in lieu of magic items. [DnDi_Small.png Eye on Dark Sun]

Feywild:
There's something wrong with the Feywild of Athas; at least, wrong enough for the belgoi to prefer preying on travelers in the wastelands of Athas. [Blog post] Rather than the "magical forest" image of the Feywild in most worlds, the Feywild of Athas is "magical desert," perhaps referred to as the Lands within the Wind. As Athas is a dying planet, so is the Feywild connected to it; the Feywild isn't a continuous plane, but pockets of otherworldliness. Fey must travel across Athas in order to move from one pocket to another. [Blog post]

The Map:
It seems like they went with an older/original setting map and identified places that were mentioned in text but not labeled, re-organized the cities so that traveling could be an adventure all of its own and the wasteland could be more plausibly littered with points of interest, etc. Not being familiar with the Dark Sun world, I don't know what exactly that means, but it's here for completeness. [Link] More in-depth, the feral halfling empire in the Forest Ridge is protected both geographically by the Ringing Mountains, and possibly ancient primal magic from a lost empire. [Link] The Dragon's Bowl, and the Sea of Silt. [Link] Desert varieties. [Link]

Sea of Silt [Article]

Sunwarped Flats:
I'll quote the article, a preview of a new Eye on Dark Sun column, as it's one section in a long article. This article is now out. [DnDi_Small.png Link]
  • Anyone that spends enough time in the wastes of Athas knows that the deep desert produces mutated creatures, sometimes even producing short-lived new races. Those brave (or foolhardy) enough to travel off the well-known paths have come across strange places in the desert where everything seems twisted and out of proportion. In these places, cacti grow to towering heights, while rodents the size of a crodlu gallop from one stony outcropping to the next. The desert-dwelling tribes call these places "sunwarped flats," since their constant exposure to the red sun of Athas has twisted them in strange ways.

Timeline:
The timeline for 4E Dark Sun will take place shortly after the beginning of a period of turmoil for Tyr following the death of King Kalak, leaving open many possibilities for the future of Athas. [Blog post]

Tyr [Excerpt article]

(Latest

Adventures
Beneath the Dust (Level 7-9) [DnDi_Small.png March 2011]

The Mahin'drazal (Feature, Location) [DnDi_Small.png March 2011]

Revenge of the Marauders (Level 5-7) [DnDi_Small.png October 2010]

Traveling the Sandswept Roads (Feature, Maps) [DnDi_Small.png September 2010]

Marauders of the Dune Sea (Level 2-5) [Paperback]

Fury of the Wastewalker (1st Level) [$4.99 PDF from dndclassics]

Bloodsand Arena (1st Level) [Free RPG Day 2010]

Pre-release Play Kit

These sources contain materials you can use to try out parts of 4E Dark Sun right now. Not all of this is straight from WotC, though, and a lot of it might be deprecated when the Campaign Guide is released. Links followed by DnDi_Small.png require a D&D Insider subscription to access the full content.

Update, December 8th 2013: I'm not sure when it happened, but the Free RPG Day adventure folio for Bloodsand Arena is available now!

Official download page is >> here <<

And for general setting information, Eight Characteristics of Athas.
Nice resumorama.

You should have seen the prior update date before November. Dreadful.

Now if people want to make genuinely new material, I'm all for it.  
With a little more work, I might have something in that "new" category for you soon. ;)

In other news, I just discovered a preview of the Dungeon Tiles: Desert of Athas product in April and Beyond; scroll down to the bottom third of the page, the second June preview. It might not be anything enlightening (although, they didn't show off any silt tiles...) but I like the bones at the oasis.
Handy! Keep it up.
You may want to add the recent article regarding the D&D Encounters program, which will feature different pregens than those at D&DXP. (This is clear from the first information each store received last week). Sessions start in two weeks and play out each Wednesday. www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/d...

The Free RPG Day offering from WotC will be a Dark Sun adventure. My understanding is that it will use some of what was at D&DXP, including the same pregens, but have a different story. www.freerpgday.com/ and www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/d...

Finally, and ironically, it looks (from Twitter today, via Wizards_Dnd) like one of the rewards for the D&D Encounters program is a drink cozie. Pictures here: twitpic.com/1rb810 and twitpic.com/1rb69a

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

In my recent post about the RPGA's announcement of Dark Sun Summer's weeks long campaign, Chris Tulach mentioned another theme, wasteland nomad. 
@doctorhook: Thankyou, I'm glad it's handy.

@Alphastream1, Anondson: Thanks! It's now updated. 
Blindgeekuk has some twitter info on the D&D Encounters kit. (D&D Encounters being the game store program that you can play at your local gaming store if they signed up for the program... it uses pregens and gives us some advanced look at the setting. Pregens are different than those for D&D XP, the January gaming convention).

• Contents of D&D Encounters kit: 6 pre-gens, 2 sided poster map, 5 encounters in the booklet... first 5 are set in the desert, with lots of new monsters... it uses the new monster layout (which rocks), the pre-gens are dry wipe erasable (rocks), pre-gens have backgrounds (rocks)

• (US Kits show the cozies I linked earlier, table tents for PCs to write their name on, cards summarizing common 4E conditions/status effects.

• (Reward cards are specific to the DDE program, not a campaign thing): also comes with the first (10 point) reward cards - a +2 bonus to your next untrained skill check

• oooh, new mundane items, and named magic items as treasure, they took peoples advice on board

• 3 and a half page intro/what you need to know about athas...

• (Weapon rules as we have seen): Reckless Breakage: on a crit miss you can either keep the miss and keep your weapon, or reroll and break a non metal weapon

• Survival days: each one lets you travel athas without risking sun sickness (which is pure evil.) also used in skill challenges

• the artwork for the teifling pre-gen is brilliant...

• Pregens with the PC themes in parentheses: pregens: elf marauder ranger (gladiator), human cosmic sorceror (veiled alliance), thrikeen quick battlemind (wilder),

• teifling telephatic psion (veiled alliance), mul brawling fighter (wasteland nomad), human enlightened ardent (noble adept)

• glaring mistakes in season 2 encounter 2's map, and the ranger pre-gen has a pre-erratta throw and stab. only the sorceror and psion have 20 in a stat, the rest max out at 18

Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Blindgeekuk has some twitter info on the D&D Encounters kit. (D&D Encounters being the game store program that you can play at your local gaming store if they signed up for the program... it uses pregens and gives us some advanced look at the setting. Pregens are different than those for D&D XP, the January gaming convention).

• Contents of D&D Encounters kit: 6 pre-gens, 2 sided poster map, 5 encounters in the booklet... first 5 are set in the desert, with lots of new monsters... it uses the new monster layout (which rocks), the pre-gens are dry wipe erasable (rocks), pre-gens have backgrounds (rocks)

• (US Kits show the cozies I linked earlier, table tents for PCs to write their name on, cards summarizing common 4E conditions/status effects.

• (Reward cards are specific to the DDE program, not a campaign thing): also comes with the first (10 point) reward cards - a +2 bonus to your next untrained skill check

• oooh, new mundane items, and named magic items as treasure, they took peoples advice on board

• 3 and a half page intro/what you need to know about athas...

• (Weapon rules as we have seen): Reckless Breakage: on a crit miss you can either keep the miss and keep your weapon, or reroll and break a non metal weapon

• the artwork for the teifling pre-gen is brilliant...

• Pregens with the PC themes in parentheses: pregens: elf marauder ranger (gladiator), human cosmic sorceror (veiled alliance), thrikeen quick battlemind (wilder),

• teifling telephatic psion (veiled alliance), mul brawling fighter (wasteland nomad), human enlightened ardent (noble adept)

• glaring mistakes in season 2 encounter 2's map, and the ranger pre-gen has a pre-erratta throw and stab. only the sorceror and psion have 20 in a stat, the rest max out at 18

Great news!

1. Are you allowed to post the pregens?  (scan?)
2. Are you allowed to post the 3 1/2 page athas intro?
This is copied from someone he's following on Twitter, and while I'm sure blindgeekuk really did get the D&D Encounters kit on behalf of his store, it's not quite the same as getting a leak straight from WotC.

I wasn't sure if D&D Encounters would be as tight-lipped an operation as D&DXP, and I've been pondering what to do when the Free RPG Day material comes out, but I think I'd like to keep my references strictly unquestionable WotC sources.

This is pretty cool, though. New theme: noble adept! Reckless Breakage. Also spotted sun sickness.

And we'll have Athasian tieflings, hm! (Perhaps something to take up in the races thread.)
And we'll have Athasian tieflings, hm! (Perhaps something to take up in the races thread.)

Easy to explain away. They're people whose ancestors really annoyed Rajaat or the S-Ks, and were cursed. Hellish Rebuke is just their way of making the best of things.

Easy to explain away. They're people whose ancestors really annoyed Rajaat or the S-Ks, and were cursed. Hellish Rebuke is just their way of making the best of things.

Or.... they are just mutants. Plenty of those around on Athas, y'know? Of any race, I could see the Tieflings being mutants.

ɯ1ǝɥʞɹɐp dǝɹo1x -- ".sɹouɹɹǝ buı1ǝ1ds s,ɹǝʇnɯoɔ ʎɯ ɹǝɟ 1ǝqɐɔuodsǝɹ ʇou 1ǝʇs ɯ,ı"

My Top Albums

"I'm stel not responcabel fer my comuter's spleling errnors." -- Xlorep DarkHelm

Next months article schedule had a whole bunch of Dark Sun related stuff.
here is a link to the new PC's from D&D encounters - Dark Sun

dungeonsmaster.com/2010/05/dark-sun-char...
This weeks ampersand has some information on defiling.  Can't insert a link so here's the URL:
www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/d...
Thanks. I really need to reload my PayPal account so I can re-subscribe this month.  Luckily I should be getting paid this week.
Adding a nice bit: In the DDE adventure it states "tieflings make their homes in the wastes, frequently using their unsettling appearance to conduct fierce raids. Dragonborn (also known as dray), find shelter in citadels of their own kind, and journey forth to bring prosperity to their clan." and "The secretive eladrin live in the rfew wild places still touched by what they call the Lands Within the Wind (the Feywild), and are a near-mythical race to most." (p6, Dark Sun: Fury of the Wastewalker, Chapter 1 of 3: An Obsidian Rain)

Those are some interesting ways to bring in existing 4E races!

Not really any important news, but Farcaster on the Pen and Paper blogs reviewed and playtested the new DS edition and had some really good things to say: Link.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. --George Orwell

There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. --Howard Zinn

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster. --Friedrich Nietzsche

Devil\'s Brigade

That thri-kreen looks...even more humanoid than 3.xEd. @___@ I guess it's an attempt to make the thri-kreen more appealing as a PC race, but then I believe they're appealing enough already.

As for the article itself, most of it has been mentioned before or has been hinted at elsewhere. The explanation makes a lot of sense, too. I liked the Prism Pentad books, but hated what it did to the world. Too many changes in so little time, IMO.

Oh, and while I like the whole dray-dragonborn thing, we already knew that. I wish they did more than just tease the eladrin instead. One of my players want to play one, but I have as of yet no idea how they'll be incorporated into the world.
Me Kruzko, me bard... And me sing song for you! Explore Philippine Mythology for your 4E game, and visit us at Nosfecatu Publishing!
Finally! Thanks, Bera! 

(Hmm... Genies, huh? Interesting concept, and now how the eladrin are going to be connected to the djinn of MM2. XD)
Me Kruzko, me bard... And me sing song for you! Explore Philippine Mythology for your 4E game, and visit us at Nosfecatu Publishing!
He was referring to real world myths on genies, not D&D's fabrications.
Yeah, I get that. But I actually think it would be nice to link the two somehow. Maybe the djinn are advanced beings, tied to elemental air. It seems that the eladrin are tied to that element as well in 4E DS. 

I actually like the possibility. XD 
Here is an article that came out in one of the first digital Dragons (#364), Hazards of Dark Sun.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. --George Orwell

There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. --Howard Zinn

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster. --Friedrich Nietzsche

Devil\'s Brigade

I linked Returning to Athas under the World Page outline, but anything specific from it I can't summarize. Most of my last payday was destined for sadly more important things. 

Basically part 1 of an interview with Rich Baker and Rodney Thompson about what went into this edition's Dark Sun Campaign Setting.  I am definitely stoked to hear more.

Devil\'s Brigade

Here is an article that came out in one of the first digital Dragons (#364), Hazards of Dark Sun.

You are awesome. I'm linking this under the Pre-release Play Kit, since it's usable but not a preview of something from the upcoming books. Though I could probably summarize it as an example of Dark Sun-ness, though... I'll return to this later. 

Themes:
Dark Sun will make a lot of its new character options available as themes, which provide an encounter power, and offer other theme powers in place of class powers at later levels. These themes might also be Paragon Path requirements. The D&D Experience characters showed off Gladiator, Elemental Priest, Veiled Alliance, Wilder and Templar themes; Wasteland Nomad was mentioned in the Dark Sun Summer article (thanks, Anondson, for catching that!). [Main blog post] [More on why Templar became a theme] [Dark Sun Summer]

The wasteland nomad is a theme for 1 of the Encounters PCs.

So is noble adept

I've been debating adding the Encounters information to the primary post, since I'm not comfortable using a source that might be asked by WotC to take something down (for example, a request to take down the Encounters character sheets). I suppose I can just cite the physical product as the source, though.

I need to Mul this over. Aha. Ha... eh... I bet there's a law against puns on Athas. 
More information on themes.
Show
Next month in Dragon magazine, R&D's Matthew Sernett brings us new Dark Sun themes: the escaped slave. While the Dark Sun Campaign Setting more fully explains how themes work, here's a quick primer. You can have only one theme. To select a theme, all you have to do is choose one at the time you create your character. You don't have to select a theme if you don't want to. Once you select a theme, it grants you the following benefits:
  • You automatically gain the theme's granted power.

• You can choose to take additional theme powers when you reach the appropriate level.

• You unlock feats or paragon paths that use the theme as a prerequisite.

An escaped slave's only hope is to see freedom as a rebirth. Old haunts, one-time friends, and even family all need to be avoided for fear of being recognized and turned in. Hide the brand, disguise the tattoo, cover up the scars, explain the calluses away -- successful escaped slaves do all these things and more. Escaped slaves must take up a new name, a new history, and if one can manage it, a new appearance. Some escaped slaves do all this, but the strong will and sharp mind such a life requires often drives successful escaped slaves back toward their former owners, exchanging one master for another: revenge.

The August information talks about the books and includes information on Silt Runners (seen in DDE) and a sample Gaj! I really like it, though it should really be large if it wants to resemble what Rikus fought.

Beat you to it by about 10 minutes, Alphastream. ;)
Awesome stuff!

That Oba is pretty brutal! Her curse is fantastic. The article covered some nice topics.

Saw these tidbits on the Wizards_DnD twitter feed:

Creature Catalog: Inix
wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg...

Campaign Setting: Granite Armor SHaman Power

Psionic Power: Summon Ebony Stinger

WTF?! How is this anyway Psionic? A scorpion made of shadows???? and does Poison damage??

This should be a Shadow power not a psionic power.....I really hope all the Psionic Summoning powers are not like this. I was hoping for Ecto-creations or things from the Astral Plane or even Far Realms.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yell

Ebony Stinger? I thought I read Ectostinger the first time...hmm, must have been my imagination. My mistake.
Is it just me, or does that confirm a new Shaman feature that is NOT theme related?

Elemental Spirit?  Yes, please.   

WTF?! How is this anyway Psionic? A scorpion made of shadows???? and does Poison damage??

This should be a Shadow power not a psionic power.....I really hope all the Psionic Summoning powers are not like this. I was hoping for Ecto-creations or things from the Astral Plane or even Far Realms.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm actually not too disturbed by the theme of shadow and poison.  Psionics is the power of the mind and whatever you think should be made manifest.  "Ecto-creations" seem unfocused to me, like the manifester couldn't quite complete a whole picture of what they wanted to manifest.
Is it just me, or does that confirm a new Shaman feature that is NOT theme related?

Elemental Spirit?  Yes, please.   

"Yes, please" indeed...
About that Psion power, did anybody notice that it is a Daily power with an Augmentation???? This sure breaks the mold...
Sign In to post comments