4/27/2010 SF: "Go Go Eldrazi!"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Ooops, wrong thread. Sorry.

If Limited gets in the way of printing good Constructed cards... Screw limited
Dramatic Entrance for ... Birds of Paradise? It's too bad that didn't give him the one chump blocker he needed to win. I vote for that play regardless.
RoE feels more Barney than Godzilla.
Its funny how his deck has nearly the exact fatties that I think will find play in many Timmy budget-conscious multiplayer games: Artisan of Kozilek, Pathrazer of Ulamog, Ulamog's Crusher and Pelakka Wurm

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the "Godzilla" format:

1) Can a Level-up creature count against the 20 Creature count if they Level-Up to 4/4 or better?

2) What about a */* creature?

Thanks.  Just trying to ask questions I know my Player will ask.

Thank you.

Thom

Fair questions, man.  Also?  Nice avatar:-)

Let Clone compete!:-)

---------------------------------

"Yo! MTG Taps" is AWESOME.  Good one.

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the "Godzilla" format:

1) Can a Level-up creature count against the 20 Creature count if they Level-Up to 4/4 or better?

2) What about a */* creature?

Thanks.  Just trying to ask questions I know my Player will ask.

Thank you.

Thom

No, I am actually the closest thing the Godzilla format has to a Rules council.  Godzilla uses power and toughness the same way the comp rules do.  creatures are considered to have the first set of p/t unless they have the appropreate # of level counters on them.

On the other hand, Death's SHadow does count as a 13/13 for Fatty Award Points

-Shoe
Moderator of WOOBERG.weebly.com, your #1 source for MTG variant formats

No, I am actually the closest thing the Godzilla format has to a Rules council.  Godzilla uses power and toughness the same way the comp rules do.  creatures are considered to have the first set of p/t unless they have the appropreate # of level counters on them.

On the other hand, Death's SHadow does count as a 13/13 for Fatty Award Points

-Shoe
Moderator of WOOBERG.weebly.com, your #1 source for MTG variant formats

Awesome.  Thanks for the clairifications.  I appreciate the quick response.

Thanks!

Thom
Godzilla has undergone some major changes and hopes to flourish as it's own unique format thanks to all the wonderful Giant Monsters delivered by Rise of the Eldrazi.  Come take a look at the new rules, talk strategy and most of all PLAY GODZILLA
Sign In to post comments