Dungeon 177 - Eb PT The Maze of Shattered Souls

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
DnDi_Large.png    Dungeon 177
Eberron Adventure for 15th-Level Characters
The Maze of Shattered Souls

By James Wyatt

In today's Dungeon article, we travel to an ancient maze ruins from the Age of Demons deep in the Demon Wastes of Khorvaire. 

Please bear with the WotC team as they fix mistaken Chaos Scar text on the page.

The Demon Wastes: a blasted land cursed for countless ages by the taint of ancient evil. A land of ash and rock, harsh and unforgiving, and its few mortal residents are equally harsh. The Ghaash’kala guard the Labyrinth, preventing anyone from entering or leaving the Demon Wastes lest the taint of evil spread to the world beyond ...

Talk about this article here.

177_maze_of_shattered_souls.jpg

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

I think someone mentioned this in another thread, but the URL for this adventure is wrong - you download the "Eyes in the Forest Encounter" when you clock the download button.  Please correct - thanks!
As Marandahir mentioned, the broken link is a known issue, and as soon as the WotC crew gets in the office, it should be fixed.  Please be patient, as there are time-zone issues at play here.

To get to the article right now, use this link: www.wizards.com/dnd/downloads/dungeon/17...
AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

As I said, you can figure out the URL.  That said, use the URL AsmodeusLore posted in the Announcement Thread that he copied my post, which I recopied back into this post just now with an edit.

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

*gives Marandahir an e-High-Five*

Team-work, baby! Yeah!

Oh yeah!

What I want to know is why are these adventurers paragon level and so ill-equipped?  According to the art, they are in some kind of ice cave, but other than a fur-lined cloak, none of them have winter gear.  All of them have exposed skin on their legs, and the shifter is even barefoot.

Someone, please tell me that they at least have Endure Elements active.

Does anyone know what tile sets went into making the maps for this adventure?  I recognize some pieces, but not others.

Unfortunately I see Streets of Shadow in there... unfortunately, because that apparently ceased to be available before I started DM'ing (I think before I started playing, too).
Invest in a good battle mat and you should be ok. The tile sets are nice but certainly not all-encompassing for the various types of terrains you're likely to send your player's character's on.

The Adventure looks good. Nice to see some Eberron love.

Invest in a good battle mat and you should be ok. The tile sets are nice but certainly not all-encompassing for the various types of terrains you're likely to send your player's character's on.

The Adventure looks good. Nice to see some Eberron love.

I have 10 Paizo battle mats, (I think) 5 sets of Paizo map-packs, and either 2 or 3 of every Dungeon Tile set that has been available new since I started DM'ing.  I know I'll be OK.  Still though, it would be great to know which sets were used in designing those encounters (like Dungeon Delve does).

the link is now fixed, but there is still text on the main page regarding the Chaos Scar and a link to the intro to the Chaos Scar.
Really confused me when I opened it up finally and saw it was a Paragon level adventure.
Viva La "what ever version of D&D you are playing right now!"
Also, the map that says Hellspike is from this: www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Locations-Hells...
Almost all of the powers in the monster stat blocks are listed as "minor" actions (including basic attacks, etc.).  That can't be right.

The PDF now has the correct action types for the attacks.

Steve

P.S. Those 'underequipped adventurers' in the illustration are NPCs: Karra and her bodyguards, who are Children of Winter.  

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.

We tried some different types of things with the skill challenges in this adventure, and I'm interested in hearing any reactions to them. Preferably those would come from people who have played through them, but all opinions are welcome.

Steve

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.

We tried some different types of things with the skill challenges in this adventure, and I'm interested in hearing any reactions to them. Preferably those would come from people who have played through them, but all opinions are welcome.

Haven't played through it, but checked it out specifically to see how the skill challenges were done, and I am very much a fan. This is very similar to how I like to set up challenges in my home game (in layered unique scenes, or with several approaches available that each have their own options). I also definitely like the approach of having the first use of a skill in a challenge be easier than later uses. That encourages diverse skill use without artificially forcing it.

In short, seeing more skill challenges in this design in future adventures would be very, very welcome.
Sign In to post comments