4/16/2010 LD: "The Big And The Massive"

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Latest Developments, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.
*Begins planning Eldrazi deck*
I was going to go to my prerelease  then go to work, but now I cant due to stupid jerks.  Have fun with it everyone!
8/10 with first strike and vigilance, right?

i'm definitely looking forward to abusing my spiritdancer and losing count of her p/t.  with her around, even some of the less-than-playable m10 auras look pretty good.

and even though you could just snap your fingers and have another set of intro packs if you wanted, the lack of sleeves in those pictures makes me cry inside.
8/10 with first strike and vigilance, right?

i'm definitely looking forward to abusing my spiritdancer and losing count of her p/t.  with her around, even some of the less-than-playable m10 auras look pretty good.

and even though you could just snap your fingers and have another set of intro packs if you wanted, the lack of sleeves in those pictures makes me cry inside.

I believe that is eland umbra and not hyena umbra so 7/13 vigilance, no first strike.
Ooh, so the RoE cards are on Gatherer now!
Wow! 1,938 people who voted had not played sealed Zen WWK in person. I assumed most people had played 1 or 2 just because of pre release & instore release.

I wonder what the vote for MTGO would be? I know I have yet to play any sealed event on mtgo. I have done several drafts though.

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
They could be like me and read about the new cards even though buying them has gotten too expensive. >_>
so you're the one to blame for all of those telepathy and unsummon in every blue intro pack and angel's mercy and silvercoat lion in white intro packs. If you're going to include M10 cards (which I would not suggest) try divine verdict and stormfront pegasus instead they are the same rarity CMC and they fill the same "hole" in a deck but they make me more likely to buy the deck because it makes the deck that much more consistent.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Is the MTG website not working for anyone else? I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:

Followed by a bunch of HTML code. This was happening on Gatherer yesterday too, but it is working now.

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

Followed by a bunch of HTML code. This was happening on Gatherer yesterday too, but it is working now.

I had been getting an error when trying to login to the forum, but the main site was working. Now I can get into the forum, but I can't get to the main site. 

Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013
Wow! 1,938 people who voted had not played sealed Zen WWK in person. I assumed most people had played 1 or 2 just because of pre release & instore release.

I wonder what the vote for MTGO would be? I know I have yet to play any sealed event on mtgo. I have done several drafts though.

They may have been better served to use "or" instead of "and" here, unless they wanted to know specifically how many people played ZZZWWW sealed. I did two round of Zen sealed at a nearby prerelease and had to do a rare 2-0 drop due to time constrictions. But the way that question was worded, I voted no because I didn't do any of that with Worldwake.
Sadly, I cannot attend the Prerelease tomorrow.  I've got finals.  What kind of beauracratic moron schedules finals on a Saturday?  Grrr, argh, frustration.
School on Saturday? I am glad I was young when I was

I'm not going, but that's because I don't lke the set. I am sure the players that do go will have some fun. But man...school on the weekend
It took me and a few spectators at least three minutes to figure out how big this creature was. It wasn't until my third tweet that I actually got it right!

3 minutes? Really?!

Kor Spiritdancer = 0/2
Eland Umbra +0/+4
Mammoth Umbra +3/+3 Vigilance
2 Auras = +4/+4
= 7/13, Vigilance

Took my wife and I about... 10 seconds to add that up (including calling out the abilities/modifiers).

Oh and I second the comments above Re: putting (bad) core set cards in expansion Intro Packs. Please stop doing it.

~ Tim

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)

I had been getting an error when trying to login to the forum, but the main site was working. Now I can get into the forum, but I can't get to the main site. 

I've had the problem with being able to get to the forums but not the rest of the site on and off all week (logging out of the forums or using a different browser - not just a separate window, but a completely different browser - usually works), and the reverse problem intermittently for months if I switch between computers.

Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
School on Saturday? I am glad I was young when I was

I'm not going, but that's because I don't lke the set. I am sure the players that do go will have some fun. But man...school on the weekend

Classes on Saturday are extremely rare, but it's an inexplicably popular time to schedule exams.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
I did take my SAT and PSAT exames on a Saturday many years ago, but other than that I haven't ever done anything else. Guess I learn something  new every day!

I mean for me...you young whippersnappers better study up
Aw, you wound me sir.

I was game two or three that night at Yottaquest...and for those of you whining about M10 cards in the theme decks, I won my game off of an Act of Treason with Cudgel Troll as my target (he didn't regenerate it in response, *shrug*) bolting it after combat and topdecking a fireball the next turn.

Ok, yeah, they really shouldn't put out-of-set cards in those.

Seriously.  No one likes hearing their cards, which they just bought from the "newest" set, are no longer Standard legal (in a few months).
Hadn't though of that...I wonder if the cards they are choosing for these theme decks are expected to be in M11?
I was going to go to my prerelease  then go to work, but now I cant due to stupid jerks.  Have fun with it everyone!

Protip: Quit.

...and even though you could just snap your fingers and have another set of intro packs if you wanted, the lack of sleeves in those pictures makes me cry inside.

Same... the thought of my wear on my cards makes me chringe. He is taunting us.
i love how the picture didnt have ulamogs crusher but a hand of emerkul

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.

The prerelease polls haven't been able to quite fulfill what I'm attending.  I attend a local prerelease that's not at a store... so...