4/16/2010 TWTW: "Roundtable: R&D, ROE, and the WPN"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Ryan Miller is my hero for the stealth entrance & superman reveal.  That's awesome.   XD

Gerdef
Magic Judge Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Rules Theory and Templating: "They may be crazy, but they're good." --Matt Tabak, Rules Manager*
How did Zac Hill "Gigantomance" a creature he didn't control?
Oh man, Pat Donovan. I leant him two of the Natural Orders he needed to win that PTQ. He was an awesome guy, especially to play Secret Force when Trix was the dominating deck.
Oh man, Pat Donovan. I leant him two of the Natural Orders he needed to win that PTQ. He was an awesome guy, especially to play Secret Force when Trix was the dominating deck.

Not to be rude but does anybody know how he passed away?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Played at Shop Of Magic in Vegas with Matt, the event was really awesome.  He stomped me with his Eldrazi deck as he drew 3 Tectonic Edges against my Valakut Ramp

The attendance was insane (we'd been regularly getting 30-35 for Standard weeks but going up to 50 or so was awesome, and it didn't feel crowded) and people still had energy to go to the PTQ the next day.
Ryan Miller: I was wearing my R&D t-shirt under a collared shirt. I walked in and challenged a player. I was playing with a Rise of the Eldrazi intro pack. The player didn't bat an eye at the cards, but once I dropped an Eldrazi, he asked where I got these cards. In a totally cheesy move, I opened my shirt to reveal the t-shirt, and said "I'm WIZARDS R&D!" We had a good laugh, and the store manager announced my presence to the applause of the gamers.

I think he meant totally awesome, not totally cheesy.
The end is always nigh.
you guys gotta come to Memphis,TN dang it.

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.