Death Star 3d maps

With a little digging I found most of the 3D maps I have on file from SWminiatures.com.

I've uploaded them to my FTP HERE: www.ScaredScriptless.com/images/jason/star_wars_minis/3D

You'll need to browse through that directory for everything from the Deathstar map to Endor to trash compactors and more.

THESE ARE NOT MY WORK. I am mearly reposting them here for others to enjoy. If anyone of the originaly authors have an issue with me reposting them here I will gladly remove them. Wink
With a little digging I found most of the 3D maps I have on file from SWminiatures.com.

I've uploaded them to my FTP HERE: www.ScaredScriptless.com/images/jason/star_wars_minis/3D

You'll need to browse through that directory for everything from the Deathstar map to Endor to trash compactors and more.

THESE ARE NOT MY WORK. I am mearly reposting them here for others to enjoy. If anyone of the originaly authors have an issue with me reposting them here I will gladly remove them.

WOW! I just bookmarked that site! Awesome!
Photobucket I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical

THESE ARE NOT MY WORK. I am mearly reposting them here for others to enjoy. If anyone of the originaly authors have an issue with me reposting them here I will gladly remove them.

Thanks

Could you check to see if you have the compactor, it looks like you copied the wrong files on to your server.

These are great though. Phoebe has been asking me if I will make her a spaceship "like the one Unercal Grievous fights on with Obi Wan Kenobi" so these will be a great starting point to make something for her! 
Thanks for uploading those files! They work great! I've started printing out empty floor shapes in my paint program, then cutting out and taping walls and doorways and computers from the files you've hosted, to make modular rooms that can be laid out to make maps with. They are awesome to work with! Anyway, here's a pic of my first assembled room, though I still have to make some computer consoles and other scenery to stick in it. Thanks again for hosting those files!

============================================ http://paulsstarwarsminiatures.blogspot.com/ ============================================
I... think I gotta get me some o' those. Cool

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

Could you check to see if you have the compactor, it looks like you copied the wrong files on to your server.

You are correct! I goofed! The correct files are in place now as well as some others I was able to find.

Again. I take NO credit for any of the above work. Just credit for being a packrat. ;)

Here's some more shots of an imperial base under construction, using the linked-to pdf files, and some plastic barrels/crates I already had. Just wanted to show how the computers and giant wall monitors from the pdf's look. I like how computer consoles are shaped so that the base of a mini can go underneath the control panel, allowing figures to stand directly at the consoles!

I'm just using the thin walls, but if anyone has made levels using the block walls, I'd be really interested in seeing some photos of your 3d maps!

Also, has anyone made levels using the Cloud City pdf's? I'd be interested in seeing pics of those models too.

============================================ http://paulsstarwarsminiatures.blogspot.com/ ============================================
I've had these files on my hard drive for YEARS and you have inspired my to actualy print them and give the 3d maps a try. ;) Nice work tsmpaul!
I've had these files on my hard drive for YEARS and you have inspired my to actualy print them and give the 3d maps a try. ;) Nice work tsmpaul!

I have printed and made one of the blast doors in the  block type, I also made it with an opening door (cut a slit in the top) so the door can be opened and closed. I have to admit yours looks good on there.

In general they are fine, but the walls for me are not tough enough for abuse from Phoebe. I think I will be printing and gluing onto 2 layers of 5mm  foam core to give them more substance (with a gap through the middle for opening doors).

What card are you using? I bought some 160g/m2 paper which seems to be about ok.
I usually use packets of 150g/m paper for scenery, but I ran out, so this has been done on standard printer paper. Surprisingly, it's been rather stable, and not flapping about like I thought it would. I place some weighted scenery objects on the tiles so that they don't slide around easily, and that's working fine so far. Small tabs of tape where tile corners meet sticks them down flat so they don't curl, and it's easy to slit the tape tabs with a craft knife so the tiles can be rearranged. I'm thinking of getting foam core board too, and sticking each tile to the top of a piece. That should add some more weight, and I wouldn't need to tape tiles corner to corner to stop them from moving and curling.
I usually use packets of 150g/m paper for scenery, but I ran out, so this has been done on standard printer paper. Surprisingly, it's been rather stable, and not flapping about like I thought it would. I place some weighted scenery objects on the tiles so that they don't slide around easily, and that's working fine so far. Small tabs of tape where tile corners meet sticks them down flat so they don't curl, and it's easy to slit the tape tabs with a craft knife so the tiles can be rearranged. I'm thinking of getting foam core board too, and sticking each tile to the top of a piece. That should add some more weight, and I wouldn't need to tape tiles corner to corner to stop them from moving and curling.

buy it from ebay, you can get huge sheets dirt cheap
I finished my first 'imperial starbase' map. I stuck the doors in, in the photos, but they slide out when opening the doors. I forgot to put the last bulkhead/door in one of the side passage map edges, so it's just a gap at the end of that passage at the moment.

I made the shaft/pit with slight modifications to the Shaft map tile that came with the original star wars minis box set. Then I cut the lifts out of the Turbolifts map tiles that also came with the original star wars minis box set, and used some walls from the Cloud City pdfs to make the interior of the lifts.

I'll have to make some more sci-fi themed crates and low-cover obstacles from the pdfs to scatter around the place as well. I stuck a rebel troop cart in there, as a 'hover cargo palette'

Some rebels have snuck aboard the starbase using a stolen Lambda shuttle.

It would be friggin amazing to play on that map.

Kudos to you paul.
RS 55/60; CS 54/60; RotS 55/60; UH 46/60; CotF 60/60; BH 44/60; A&E 58/60; FU 49/60; LotF 60/60; KotOR 57/60;
CW 40/40; IE 39/40; JA 40/40; GaW 40/40; DT 39/40; MotF 40/40
Looks great actually, will spend tomorrow night making mine I think!
That looks most exquisite!
AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...
Sign In to post comments