Best Multiplayer Cards: Rise of the Eldrazi

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm posting this now because:
a) The Visual Spoiler is out (and you've secretly had a look at it, haven't you... go on, admit it).
b) After circumstances deemed that I missed creating the equivalent threads for Zendikar and Worldwake, I'm keen to get rolling again.
c) People are already openly talking about half the cards in RotE already.
d) It's about that point where the frenzy for the new set is such that I can no longer contain my thread generation skills.
The Question: Of all the cards in Rise of the Eldrazi, which do you think is going to impact your multiplayer environment the most? Which is the card you want a playset of to rock your group with? Which is the most made-of-awesome?
The Rules: You post, I tally.
Fire away!

3 Votes -Lighthouse Chronologist
2 Votes -Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
 It That Betrays
Nirkana Revenant
Vengevine
1 Vote -All is Dust
Arrogant Bloodlord
Artisan of Kozilek
Awakening Zone
Baneful Omen
Bear Umbra
Conquering Manticore
Consuming Vapors
Disaster Radius
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Evolving Wilds
Guul Draz Assassin
 Hand of Emrakul
Hellion Eruption
Kor Spiritdancer
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
Linvala, Keeper of Silence
Momentous Fall
Nirkana Cutthroat
Oust
Overgrown Battlement
 Pathrazer of Ulamog
Pelakka Wurm
Pestilence Demon
Soul's Attendant
Suffer the Past
Surreal Memoir
Tajuru Preserver
 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
 Ulamog's Crusher
Umbra Mystic
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
And I get to respond first, too. That's the unwritten rule. ;)

I'm not normally one for considering a fatty as the set's top card. But seriously, how do you respond to Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, other than hoping it's going to be swinging at someone else's head first?

You can't counter it, you can't Swords/PtE/Unmake it, and it's basically got haste (due to giving its controller a second turn). Essentially, when it gets played, you need an answer already on the board, or your life total is going to get quartered.

This card alone is going to change my playgroup by putting a premium on permanents with removal abilities. Royal Assassin is going to see play again. Avatar of Woe and Visara the Dreadful are going to be making more frequent appearances. Dread and No Mercy are going to become almost mandatory defenses. Someone in my group is going to pull one or get it off the Net, and then proceed to turn my playgroup on its head with it.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
The best cards in RoE for multiplayer?  The common and uncommon Eldrazi.   Yes, I know the rare and mythic get all the paparazzi, but most of us will be playing with their cheap and easy to come by bretheren.  These guys will actually hit the table, and thus, will have the greatest impact.

Artisan of Kozilek [uncommon]
Pathrazer of Ulamog [uncommon]

Ulamog's Crusher [common]
Hand of Emrakul [common]

Pathrazer with its Annihilator 3 and pseudo-evasion will see lots of play, I think, totally wrecking someone's day. 

I made a shortlist of cards I expect to see, but it's actually quite long. My top 5:
It That Betrays: sacrificing is not an uncommon theme, so this Eldrazi is the most build-around-me of all of them.
Oust: very good removal against "put into graveyard"-effects, or against Generals in EDH. Combos with PtE too!
Lighthouse Chronologist: this guy is just insane in multiplayer. It is not the only card that I want to play, that I currently don't have a deck for, but it is the only card that seems good enough to warrant a new deck. Expect a thread soon:D
Disaster Radius: it only damages your opponents' creatures! 7 mana is easy in my Beast
deck.
Bear Umbra: crazy effect, very abusable. I want to pair this with Hellkite Charger:P

Black
Arrogant Bloodlord: His ability is pretty trivial in multiplayer, and it's hard to scoff at a 3 mana 4/4. I don't mind him at all in vampire decks because it gives you a nice fast creature that helps establish board control.

Bala Ged Scorpion: Removal with a body. It's not a great card at all, but at the very least it can kill walls or pesky mana producers/life gainers while givign you a 2/3 to block with.

Baneful Omen: Repeatable mass life loss. The mana cost is very steep, but with cards like Vampiric Tutor and Insidious Dreams running amok, it will usually end the game after 2 activations. Decent win-con for an MBC style deck.

Bloodrite Invoker: Very, very, very, very disappointed with this Invoker. To me, it's just a bad Organ Grinder. I was so excited when I read that we'd be getting an invoker cycle since all of the other invokers are decently powerful in multiplayer. Shame really. Still, it's repeatable life drain.

Consume the Meek: Nothing spectacular when compared to cards like Decree of pain, but the fact that it can wipe out armies of tokens that might be beefed with Coat of Arms-like effects is interesting. Still, instant speed mass removal always has a place in MP.

Consuming Vapors: Love this card. In MP there's usually one person powering out fatties, and this is the kind of card that shines at taking them out. It's a 2 for 1 that gains you life and gets past Shroud.

Curse of Wizardry: Repeatable life loss, but not a very strong card overall. I don't think it will really find a home in most decks.

Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief: Repeatable removal with a potentially huge flying body attached to it. She's the kind of card that ends games, and I love her power level and flavour. Easily an automatic 2-of in every MP vampire deck.

Guul Draz Assassin: Level up is a mechanic that is basically built for MP. Early on he gives you a body. Later, he can kill pesky critters, trade with 4/4s and beat 3/3s to the ground. Late game, he's a house that takes out any reasonable threat, block and kill anything with power 7 or less and trade with 8/8s. The fact that his ability only costs 1 mana to activate is really sexy, and I look forward to playing with him.

Hellcarver Demon: Lots of potential if you can stack your deck with Insidious Dreams and the like. You could easily get Barren Glory + Consuming Vapors to outright win, or stack Eldrazi and try to win the old fashioned way. As with any combo decks, you're very open to harassment that would make you outright lose however. I doubt he'll see much play in MP, but there's always a way to cheese a win with him.

Mortician Beetle: Rare? Really? This card is going to have a lot of fun with Grave Pact, but otherwise probably won't see much play. It really takes Grave Pact and exactly Grave Pact to ensure that he'll constantly grow and have the field cleared from blockers. That's the only real use I see for this little bug.

Nirkana Cutthroat: Black lucked out with levelers in RoE. 3 mana 3 power isn't weak at all, but when she starts leving up, look out! Deathtouch and First Strike? That's just mean :P. I cannot wait to pair her with Cairn Wanderer. Go ahead, kill her, I'll still have a FS + DT creature to ruin your day .

Nirkana Revenant: Cabal Coffers with a sexy body attached. You can use her to power out any... like ANY card the very next turn, or swing with your 18/18 and kill someone. No protection or evasion kind of sucks, but it's what you can power out with her first ability is what will win you games.

Null Champion: Not as good as the other levelers, but at max level he has an enormous power and regeneration. Being able to take every other creature and survive is very useful.

Pawn of Ulamog: Make mass removal pay. If someone wants to kill your army, or trade with it, give yourself an edge. Creature 5 0/1s and power out an Eldrazy the next turn. Hell, sac your army to Bloodthrone Vampire, make everyone else sac their army with Grave Pact, watch your Mortician Beetle grow huge, and win the game with an Eldrazi.

Pestilence Demon: Pestilence with a 7/6 flying body O.O? I am very much looking forward to Exhume-ing this badboy and ruining people's days. I've always been a fan of Reiver Demon-esque cards that clear the field and win the game with their enormous, flying bodies.

Repay in Kind: It's always nice to hose lifegain and watch someone go from infinite life to 5 in an instant. Very fun card to play after your Lich is out too :P. Black has always used life as a resource, and this is a nice way to extract more value out of the life you're spending. The card itself is a little expensive though, and so it probably won't be a very practical card to try and abuse. It really feels like more of a combo card to me, like I've said before with Lich.

Shrivel: Reprinted card, so it doesn't really bring anything new to black. Good for hosing tokens and Eldrazi spawn token decks mainly.

Skeletal Wurm: Fat that regenerates. It's no Mortivore, but it's not a bad card for people with limited card pools.

Virulent Swipe: I can only think of 2 real uses for this card that would make it better than straight up removal. The first is cards is like Bone Dancer. Your opponents won't want to lose their big creatures, so you'll let it attack past your defenses and allow the black mage to reanimate one of your creatures. Basically, force them to make tough decisions as to whether or not they trade with your dudes. The second are ninjutsus, like Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni. Again, the idea is to make it not worthwhile to block whatever you're attacking with, then surprise them with underhanded plays. Even if they block your dudes, they still lose their creatures too. That's the power of deathtouch after all. It won't break MP, but these "tricky" cards can find homes in lots of weird decks.

Zof Shade/Zulaport Enforcer: Scaling creatures. As the game on, these creatures get better and better. They won't break the format and they won't ever be staples, but they are useful at all stages of the game. I just don't think that it would be right to not include them.

It That Betrays: No, it's not black, but I can't think of a better card to Exhume and then fire off Death Clouds, Poxes, Consuming Vapors, etc. It really feels like it was a card built for black mages in multiplayer. Really excited about it's potential.

Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre/All is Dust: Black enchantment/artifact removal :D.

All the other Eldrazi cards: Black has Cabal Coffers and Nirkana Revenant for a reason. Screw spawn tokens, let's hardcast these badboys every turn.
My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies
My vote goes to Vengevine.

Few creatures have self recurring abilities and eventhough this one can be a little bit tricky. It will happen often in many green decks. I have a mono black deck with 16 (4x4) creatures with self recursion and haste and I love that deck. I can't wait to get my hands on a playset of vengevine and put them in one of my decks.

Vengevine + Masked Admirers in the same deck makes late game recursion of creatures pretty easy. And cascade from BBE into a creature works too.

edit: I very much dislike (understatement of the year) the eldrazi creatures, it is too easy to get them in play and ruin the (fun of the) game.
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)
Being more of a Green/Red player, those are the kinds of cards that I can value a bit more easily.  I agree with a lot of things the above posters said, but I want to mention two cards that haven't been talked about yet that I'm excited for.

Tajuru Preserver-In my multiplayer games, it seems like somebody is always have sacrifice effects, and this guy just shuts everything down.  Your opponent slaps down Call to the Grave?  Boom.  This guy stops it and you still get your army.  I realize he may not be the most powerful, but he shuts down some very disrupting cards.

Momentous Fall- This has the opportunity to help you out when your opponent's start pointing destruction spells at you or somebody decides to Wrath.  Life gain and card draw isn't a bad way to come out of it, especially drawing cards equal to power.  We all know Green likes creatures with power.

(I'm also interested to play with Gigantomancer, but I'm not going to try and say how amazing he is.  I also want Realms Uncharted and Mul Daya Channelers.)
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
Vote for the best one? Not quite sure. Favorite right now is the Preserver, but I won't be calling him the best one.

Gideon Jura is a really interesting card. Can basically force an opponent to tap out and take a full blowout from other players. Paired with another favorite in the set for me, Lightmine Field[/C], it get's quite awesome. [c]Wall of Omens is also the obvious defender that doesn't give CDA when you wrath.

Gravitational Shift[/C] looks like an interesting card. However, meta dependant. Quite good if there are lots of swarm decks around though, providing both offense and good defense, as a card like it would normally force counterattacks. [c]Guard Gamazoa[/C] is an old favorite, although now able to kill smaller critters. [c]Lighthouse Chronologist[/C] is a bomb if you can protect it. [c]Recurring Insight can be a blowout in card advantage. Surrakar Spellblade is my favorite.

Tich covers black like usual, I will just echo that I really like Consuming Vapors and Nirkana Revenant[/C]. And [c]Consume the Meek, and, and.

Rage Nimbus[/C] is another card that can end games where no-one dares to attack. [c]Vent Sentinel gives your turtle deck a way to win. Valakut Fireboar is a defender that can suddenly take 35% of your hp, and my favorite must be Surreal Memoir[/C], as I love random stuff and recursion.Green got [c]Realms Uncharted, a bomb in various decks with land recursion. Tajuru Preserver[/C], as mentioned, is also cool. Strengthens shamans as a MP deck too. [c]Vengevine[/C] is cool, surprise attacker with recurring potential, although somewhat hard to abuse properly. [c]Snake Umbra[/C] get's a maybe. [c]Pelakka Wurm[/C] is another good fattie. [c]Ondu Giant if you need a bigger Farhaven Elf.

Keening Stone is a potential bomb lategame. Ogre's Cleaver is cute for making everything you play a threat. Evolving Wilds[/C] if you need more Expanses. [c]Runed Servitor[/C] is a cute niche in some deck I guess. [c]All is Dust is a huge sweeper that covers every type weakness each color has, and gets around various forms of shroud and indestructability.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Surreal Memior- I will play this card. Seriously, any deck with a decent amount of redundancy in it's instants (that does't play green) can benefit from this to cash in on some mid- to- late card advantage. Convient how red was given the absolute bomb instant, Comet Storm, in the last set.

Hellion Eruption- I'm seeing this played two ways: one involving Llanowar Elves, en masse, pumping this out early. The other (and possibly better) way, is to go Grave Pact on the enemy. Control the early game with some classic black critters (Abyssal Gatekeeper, Nether Traitor, Bone Shredder, ect) and trade them up for Hellions. Just make sure one of the creatures you sac is Anger!

Conquering Manticore- I like manticores.  

Umbra Mystic and Kor Spiritdancer- you don't have to go all out on these guys, but simply take existing good auras (Rancor, Dragon Breath, Armadillo Cloak) and suddenly you have something interesting going on. The Spirit Dancer becomes a 4/4 trample for 1WG that is pretty much indestructable. Sounds neat. Then you get to factor in some of the other totem auras, which I haven't even done yet...

@Tich: I don't really know if your Cairn Wanderer/leveler trick works. In the graveyard, it doesn't have any level counters, so those other stats don't count I think.

@scumbling: good to see you back! 
@Tich: I don't really know if your Cairn Wanderer/leveler trick works. In the graveyard, it doesn't have any level counters, so those other stats don't count I think.

Dang : /.

My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies

I haven't seen a rules FAQ for RoE, but if it behaves similar to the Flip cards from the Kamigawa block (the flip sides don't exist except when the card is in play and flipped) you would be correct.

Budget EDH:EDH on $20 a Deck. Join the Group

Lighthouse Chronologist hands down, but it makes you a blaringly HUGE target when active.
And don't forget Repay in Kind. A deck can easily focus on one person, then drop everyone to his life and whipe them all in one shot.

Think multi-player in 1.5 only, it makes it a much more interesting game. So here's what you do.

Lighthouse Chronologist
Followed Footsteps
Paradox Haze
Doubling Season
Copy Enchantment
+White for enchantment draw

I present to you my next deck, Magic the Calculator IV. For every turn someone takes, I take 30. lol

Proud player of Two-Headed Vanguard Planechase Assassins. ^^

Virulent Swipe: I can only think of 2 real uses for this card that would make it better than straight up removal. The first is cards is like Bone Dancer. You don't want to lose your big creatures, so you'll let it attack past your defenses and allow the black mage to reanimate one of your creatures. Basically, force them to make tough decisions as to whether or not they trade with your dudes. The second are ninjutsus, like Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni. Again, the idea is to make it not worthwhile to block whatever you're attacking with, then surprise them with underhanded plays. Even if they block your dudes, they still lose their creatures too. That's the power of deathtouch after all. it won't break MP, but these "tricky" cards can find homes in lots of weird decks.

I see this very easily giving someone a major headache.

You swing.  I block, play Virulent Swipe on a blocker.  Now your attacking creature is dead, regardless.  Then on my turn, I get it again and make one of my guys very uncomfortable to block.  I wouldn't call it unblockable, but "win-win" for sure.

You swing.  I block, play Virulent Swipe on a blocker.  Now your attacking creature is dead, regardless.  Then on my turn, I get it again and make one of my guys very uncomfortable to block.  I wouldn't call it unblockable, but "win-win" for sure.

And how about throwing First Strike into the mix? You block it and your creature dies, or you let it sneak by and you ninjutsu something out. Lots of potential.

This set seems particularly underwhelming to me. The cards are extremely slow (and designed to be so), which makes them seem more multiplayer friendly than tournament friendly, but despite that fact there are only so many timmy bombs you can squeeze into a deck, even in multiplayer games. These are my top cards in no particular order.

1. I think all is dust is a fine card. It's a sweeper that dodges indestructibility and gets planeswalkers (both of which can be really handy), and assuming you build your deck around colorless cards, it can be extremely one-sided. Probably the best multiplayer card in the set.

2. The legendary eldrazi all make fine targets for effects such as oath of druids and polymorph, and they'll make great finishers for decks running the urza lands and/or cloudpost and vesuva, but we've already got tinker for darksteel colossus and natural order for progenitus, and assuming you can generate sufficient mana to hard-cast kozilek, ulamag, or emrakul you're probably winning no matter what you play. Basically, the only way these seem superior to anything we have already is when used in conjunction with sneak attack (where hasty annihiliation is just saucy).

3. Depending upon the decks you face at your multiplayer table, linvala, keeper of silence could be a bomb. She shuts down rofellos, llanowar emissary, priest of titania, and elvish archdruid, and I can't actually think of another effect in the game besides null rod that stops mana abilities.

4. We got another soul warden in soul's attendant, but between essence warden and auriok champion it's difficult to argue that we needed one.

5. Lighthouse chronologist has a powerful ability, but nine mana, even spread over the course of multiple turns is quite a bit. I find it hard imagine that this guy ever lives long enough to get rolling.

6. Arrogant bloodlord is fine card with an almost meaningless drawback, that fits the mana curve perfectly for vampire decks. You now get another respectable 3-drop to pair with vampire nighthawk, and curving into vampire nocturnus to pump him into an attacking 6 power flier on turn 4 is pretty amazing. Bloodlord is, however, a very narrow card that isn't likely to see much play outside of vampire tribal decks.

7. Baneful omen is a rediculously powerful effect, especially paired with sensei's divining top (to manipulate the top card of your library), and cabal coffers (to power it into play quickly). I could see mono black decks running this as their primary finisher.

8. Nirkana revenant is amazing. If you untap with her in play, you will kill somebody.

9. I don't know about you guys, but suffer the past is going to be fantastic amongst my playgroup. Instant speed graveyard hate and a drain life effect to boot is almost too good to be true.

10. Awakening zone sounds like it has the potential to be rediculous, but it's difficult to say for certain without actually playing with it. In my mind it seems like a chump blocking engine that could help accelerate you into your late game bombs, which would be awesome. It's probably much stronger in one-on-one games.

11. Overgrown battlement is vine trellis with the potential to tap for more than one mana. I've played vine trellis before, and I'm certain this will pretty darned good. Perhaps not as good as wall of roots (which blocks at the same time it accelerates your mana), but pretty darned good none-the-less.

12. Pelakka wurm is a fine fatty, but it's got some pretty stiff competition between penumbra wurm, symbiotic wurm, verdant force, and numerous other grean monstrosities printed over the years.

13. Vengevine is a nice hasty 4 power dude for 4 mana with recursion potential, so it should shine in multiplayer where haste and recursion are both particularly powerful.

14. Lastly evolving wilds is precisely the card budget multicolor decks needed to function correctly. I suspect decks with 4 wilds and 4 terramorphic expanse to become extremely common at multiplayer tables.
This set seems particularly underwhelming to me. The cards are extremely slow (and designed to be so), which makes them seem more multiplayer friendly than tournament friendly, but despite that fact there are only so many timmy bombs you can squeeze into a deck, even in multiplayer games. These are my top cards in no particular order.

1. I think all is dust is a fine card. It's a sweeper that dodges indestructibility and gets planeswalkers (both of which can be really handy), and assuming you build your deck around colorless cards, it can be extremely one-sided. Probably the best multiplayer card in the set.

I am playing a MBC deck with artifacts as the only permanents, so I will definitely play this one once or twice, instead of Nevinyrral's Disk. Disk never survives until my untap step, and on the other hand, 7 mana is not a problem with Cabal Coffers in play.

3. Depending upon the decks you face at your multiplayer table, linvala, keeper of silence could be a bomb. She shuts down rofellos, llanowar emissary, priest of titania, and elvish archdruid, and I can't actually think of another effect in the game besides null rod that stops mana abilities.

I played some EDH yesterday, and somebody had her as a general. It was insane! She really shuts a lot down. For that reason, she gets shot down a lot:D

4. We got another soul warden in soul's attendant, but between essence warden and auriok champion it's difficult to argue that we needed one.

EDH sure could use another. The may effect definitely matters, you really have to pay attention now.

8. Nirkana revenant is amazing. If you untap with her in play, you will kill somebody.

She doesn't have evasion, so it isn't very likely she will kill someone. Her mana-doubling ability is good though.
14. Lastly evolving wilds is precisely the card budget multicolor decks needed to function correctly. I suspect decks with 4 wilds and 4 terramorphic expanse to become extremely common at multiplayer tables.

Evolving Wilds isn't necessary for multiplayer, it is for EDH. Or at least for those playing EDH that can't afford whole sets of regular fetchlands.
In 'normal' multiplayer, you can play any combination of Expanse, Ravnica Karoo lands, and Vivid lands, while you still don't spend a lot of money on a very versatile manabase.