YMtC Idol 8: Audition Round

284 posts / 0 new
Last post

ymtclogo7.png

Welcome to the eighth installment of You Make the Card Idol!

YMtC Idol is the contest we wait for every year, anticipation cemented into our nerves. Its former host, the illustrious tyranno6, has left for greener shores; thus we wait no longer. I am your new host and the crowning contest of our forums is about to begin!

The names of former idols are etched into our board history, not just by their performances in this contest, but by their achievements in the YMtC community. The first Idol was Ephemeron, followed by Noddegamra, Rumor, Dream Spinner, zammm, Q_is_564453, and your recent champion, ObsidianDice.

You Make the Card Idol is an elimination contest. The winner of the contest receives a handsome "YMtC Idol" custom title — but don't think this contest only rewards the victors. Each contestant who participates in the contest inevitably grows stronger in their card creating abilities, and both the challenging criteria and the critical judging are there to help you with that.

Last year saw 61 hopefuls step up to the challenge! To become the next Idol, you first need to audition in this thread. After that, you will face ten rounds of elimination. Each round, contestants will be eliminated by the judges until only twelve remain. After those rounds, the judges will nominate one person each, and the public will vote on who they think should be eliminated.

Your judges for this event will be announced in the coming week. Until then, if you wish to audition for the contest, post a card in this thread which fulfils the following criteria.

Audition Criteria:
The history of the zones in Magic is one of necessity. The original zones weren't conceptualized as well as they are now; you simply put your permanents in play (now the battlefield) and kept your deck in your library. Ante wasn't thought of as an interactive part of the game for most, and the batch (now the stack) was more of a process than a place for your cards to reside. And when a card was removed-from-the-game (to a place we now call exile), it stayed there! As Magic evolved, so too did the function of zones. What once were places for cards to just be are now hotbeds for obscure abilities to exist. Since Magic's start, zones have not only been added to the game (as if we could forget phasing even if we tried), but have been used as central themes, and in the case of the graveyard, have even garnered their own sets!

Create a permanent card with an ability that functions from a zone other than the battlefield.

You have one week to post your audition.

Good luck!

(Note: To those contestants returning from previous years, all aspects of the contest are being scrutinized and some factors about this tradition are subject to change, such as the number of eliminations per round. If a change is made, a notification post will be made and the information will be edited into this post.)
When I looked at that 8, my first thought was "Spirograph! Spirograph! Beautiful designs..."

...I haven't thought about Spirograph in years. And now I'll be spouting that tune for days. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Caracchaio, Banished Hero --
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
First strike, vigilance
: Shuffle Caracchaio into its owner's library.  Until a permanent named Caracchaio, Banished Hero enters play, creatures controlled by its owner get +1/+1.  Any opponent may play this ability.
In the wind-smeared cloud and wave-tossed foam, the people of Latalla see Caracchaio's white banner everywhere.
2/4

My eagerness to finally have the opportunity to jump into this competition is probably going to bite me in the butt - but I just can't wait!
Edit: Man, I just looked at my audition card for last years - so that's why I didn't make it...

Martyr of Nhyll |
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric
If Martyr of Nhyll is in your graveyard, creatures your opponents control get -1/-1.
If more than one copy of Martyr of Nhyll is in a graveyard, exile all copies of it from all graveyards.
He went through life a simple soul. It his said that on his death, the heavens revolted and cursed those who would harm such as he.
2/2

I think I'll post a card.

HOLY TOLEDO!

I'm auditioning as well, although I truly believe my card making skillzors have take a turn for the worse as of late. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't make a lot of cards anymore?

Good luck to everyone and "Good on ya!" to Rush for hosting.

ceci n'est pas une signature.

Almost tempted to have Elevate AND Crouch put in an entry.

HOLY TOLEDO!

I'm auditioning as well, although I truly believe my card making skillzors have take a turn for the worse as of late. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't make a lot of cards anymore?

Good luck to everyone and "Good on ya!" to Rush for hosting.

My sentiments exactly. When was the last time there was a serious contest on these boards?

Regardless, I'm in. Gimme a coupla minutes/a day or two to figure this one out.
[JVZ]> [butter] i like the one that goes like wub wub wub wubwubwubwubwubwubwub
I've got a great idea...I'll be back later. Perfecting it. Hopefully you won't mind a concept from Yugioh, haha.
Contests Under my Belt ~ Vampire Bat's "Rawr" contest T.V. Show Contest Leadership Board ~ hiddenvalleyrancher - House M.D. ~ Strumthund - Wild Card
FOR GLORY

Disruption Elemental |
Creature - Elemental
Flash
As long as Disruption Elemental is on the stack, creatures you control have ": Counter target spell."
Its essence is chaos, crumbling the sorcerous stepping stones on which it treads.
2/2

Subject to variation.

EDIT THE FIRST: I'm a complete retard.
Doomgrounce 
Creature - Beast
Trample
At all times, this card can't be targeted, chosen or searched for by opponents.
"Some predators you never see coming. Others just don't let you react."
4/3 
2po857s.jpg
Official Rules Advisor
In it to lose.

Rush you better not abandon this (has fond memories of the Indy contest)!
Paranoia Paradise - It's like a book club, but with bullets. | Mafia Stats 2010 Mafia Awards - Master of Lockjaw & Most Helpful Looking for a game? AIM: Zprflesh | Gmail: AaronADowdy@gmail.com | Yahoo!: Zprflsh@yahoo.com
AEtheral Umbilicus - :1mana:
Enchantment
Whenever a creature you control is put into the graveyard from play, exile ~ and put a 2/2 white Spirit creature token unto the battlefield.
As long as ~ is exiled, Spirits you control get +1/+1 and gain flying.
Sometimes a soul would choose to stay, especially if it had unfinished business.
Paranoia Paradise - It's like a book club, but with bullets. | Mafia Stats 2010 Mafia Awards - Master of Lockjaw & Most Helpful Looking for a game? AIM: Zprflesh | Gmail: AaronADowdy@gmail.com | Yahoo!: Zprflsh@yahoo.com
Hopefully you won't mind a concept from Yugioh, haha.

Auto-DQ, IMO.

Dredge tool.

Compost Elf
Creature - Elf Shaman
Pay 1 life, exile Compost Elf: Add to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if Compost Elf is in your graveyard.
2/1

Here's a red beatstick that might make type 2 players think twice about running Path to Exile.

Dall, the Burning Soul :2mana:
Legendary Creature - Human Berserker
Haste
At the beginning of your upkeep, if ~ is exiled, it deals 2 damage to target opponent.
If ~ would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, you may pay , if you do, exile ~ instead.
4/2

Minor revisions still possible.
Guess I'll give it a shot.

Haunted Rusalka -
Creature - Spirit
, Sacrifice a creature: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield. Play this ability only if ~ is in your graveyard.
Haunted by the memories of her life, she seeks desperately to return to it by any means possible.
1/1

Telltale of the Beasts -
Creature - Shapeshifter
Changling
If ~ is revealed from your hand or your library, all creature spells you cast this turn costs less to cast
, : Shuffle ~ into your library.
People spoke tales of a creature so bizarre with characteristics of many different animals yet so beautiful that it was considered the spirit of the land.
1/2
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.

Flickerwing Custodian --
Creature - Spirit
Flying
(): Return Flickerwing Custodian to its owner's hand.
(), reveal Flickerwing Custodian in your hand: Return target permanent you control to its owner's hand.
A thread of light in a tapestry of hopes and fears.
2/2

ceci n'est pas une signature.

Reincarnation Priest
Creature- Human Spirit Cleric
:1mana:

Whenever a permanent you control is placed into the graveyard from your battlefield, exile it instead.
When ~ is exiled, shuffle all exiled cards back into their owner's libraries.

Nothing is ever wasted.

1/2

Forgotten Martyr
W
Creature — Spirit
1/1
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Forgotten Martyr is in your graveyard, you may pay 2W. If you do, you gain a solace counter.
When you have eight or more solace counters, if Forgotten Martyr is in your graveyard, you win the game. 

Spell Ward
Enchantment
Flash
: Counter target spell or ability that targets a spell, card or permanent that shares a zone with Spell Ward.  If Spell Ward is on the battlefield, sacrifice it.  If Spell Ward is in the graveyard, exile it.  You may play this ability from all public zones. (The public zones are battlefield, graveyard, stack, and exile.)
The delicate Agreans fear might over persistance.

So I took a while making this card.  The idea I had was to transcend zones.  The way this card works is that is starts out in your hand zone, while you can not activate the ability from your hand, you can cast it, which puts it onto the stack.  From there you CAN activate the ability and more than once if you're mana rich.  If you do, the bonus is that the card will still enter the battlefield.  To do that this will basically be a counterspell, so the extra mana is paid for the residual effect.  Once it hits the battlefield, you get another shot to use it at every blue players dream counter cost (Counterspell).  Once that shot is used up it lingers in the graveyard for more schenanigans before finally heading to exile (still not useless there).

I know this type of repeatable counterspell seems a bit powerful, but after the first counter, this becomes a known entity and easier to play around.  Another bonus about this card is that with flash, this can fit into a draw go control deck perfectly and you don't HAVE to use it as a surprise counter, but can use it as a seal instead.

ATTENTION WIZARDS OF THE COAST: You have full rights to use any of my intellectual property found on these boards (I'm not going to use it and it'd be a shame to waste it). -Dr. Stinkyjoeterry, Ph.D.

Spell Ward
Enchantment
Flash
: Counter target spell or ability that targets a spell, card or permanent that shares a zone with Spell Ward.  If Spell Ward is on the battlefield, sacrifice it.  If Spell Ward is in the graveyard, exile it.  You may play this ability from all public zones. (The public zones are battlefield, graveyard, stack, and exile.)
The delicate Agreans fear might over persistance.

So I took a while making this card.  The idea I had was to transcend zones.  The way this card works is that is starts out in your hand zone, while you can not activate the ability from your hand, you can cast it, which puts it onto the stack.  From there you CAN activate the ability and more than once if you're mana rich.  If you do, the bonus is that the card will still enter the battlefield.  To do that this will basically be a counterspell, so the extra mana is paid for the residual effect.  Once it hits the battlefield, you get another shot to use it at every blue players dream counter cost (Counterspell).  Once that shot is used up it lingers in the graveyard for more schenanigans before finally heading to exile (still not useless there).

I know this type of repeatable counterspell seems a bit powerful, but after the first counter, this becomes a known entity and easier to play around.  Another bonus about this card is that with flash, this can fit into a draw go control deck perfectly and you don't HAVE to use it as a surprise counter, but can use it as a seal instead.

Not sure what caused the format fail.  PLease don't hold that against me.
ATTENTION WIZARDS OF THE COAST: You have full rights to use any of my intellectual property found on these boards (I'm not going to use it and it'd be a shame to waste it). -Dr. Stinkyjoeterry, Ph.D.
card

I didn't mention it (because I forgot), but a text version of the card would be appreciated. You still are more than welcome to post a render, but I'd name at least the artist's username rather than just the source website.
In it to lose.

Rush you better not abandon this (has fond memories of the Indy contest)!

I have no idea what you're talking about.

(>.>)

(<.<)

That said, I'm legally bound to finishing this contest, so fret not.
Arikamiriki, The Soiled Dagger-
Legendary Creature - Zombie Ninja
While Arikamiriki is in your graveyard, you may pay  and return an unblocked attacker you control to your hand. If you do, return a Ninja creature card other than Arikamiriki from your graveyard onto the battlefield under tapped and attacking.
4/1
Some ninja just don't quit.
Ertic Ged, Dusk Warden
Legendary Creature - Zombie Spirit
Flying
As long as Ertic Ged, Dusk Warden is in a graveyard, other cards in graveyards have shroud.
When two or more cards named Ertic Ged, Dusk Warden are in all graveyards, shuffle all copies of Ertic Ged, Dusk Warden into their owners' libraries.
"The souls I've gathered are mine to keep."
4/1

Ertic Ged, Dusk Warden, of course, is an anagram for 'Suck it, Dredge' Warden
Seductive Adultress 
Creature - Succubus Demon
Protection from white
If a card would be put into the graveyard, it is exiled instead.
~'s power and toughness are */*+1, where * is the total number of cards each player has exiled.
She denies her victims the pleasant comfort of death, instead harnessing their souls for her own power.
*/*+1
Contests Under my Belt ~ Vampire Bat's "Rawr" contest T.V. Show Contest Leadership Board ~ hiddenvalleyrancher - House M.D. ~ Strumthund - Wild Card
Yo dawg, this card might be a little pichy dawg, but I heard you like cards, so I put a card in a card-making contest, so you can look at my card, while you looknig at cards!.

Flickering Thought
Creature - Illusion
Flying, Shroud
: Return ~ to its owner's hand. Activate this ability only when ~ is on the stack.
2/1
Impossible to catch, they are said to nest on the tips of tongues, and rumored to prey on the feeble minded.

Really annoying to cost the ability, I knew I wanted a flyer, but I hate 1/1 and 1/2 flyers (personally), and 2/1 is too big for 1U. That left me with 2U, but that is a little pricey for a 2/1 in my opinion, even an essentially uncounterable one, so I added shroud as a nice flavorful touch.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Now we just need Kara, Ellen and Simon.
Well, might as well throw my hat into the ring.

*reaches for a hat that isn't there*

Curses.... well, I'll just submit anyways, hat or not.

Wolf Caller -
Creature - Elf Druid
Wolf Caller gets +1/+1 for each wolf you control.
, Return Wolf Caller from the stack to your hand: Put a 2/2 green wolf creature token onto the battlefield.
"Come to me, what did you see as you ran ahead?" -Phyn, Wolf Caller
1/1

~SE++

http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/index.php

crad....

Dari Vasni, Sanctum Guardian
Legendary Creature- Spirit Gargoyle
{M}
Flying, Ethereal (If this card would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, Exile it instead.)
: Put another creature in exile onto the battlefield under your control.  Play this ability only if ~ is in exile.
5/5

I'll probably edit it around 631 times.  The Ethereal ability is from a set I stopped making.  There were a faction of WBu Spirits that had a lot of shenanigans with Exile.  Also note that Exile is the same zone for both players, so this can steal your opponent's dudes too.
REMEMBER FLUFFY, mercilessly slain by the bastard Useless Mancer
Fluffy, the cute and cuddly baloth beatstick of marshmellowy fluffyness and lolz, om-nom-noming Keeper's wicked soul; its insane, deadly amount of cuteness rips the fabric of reality to shreds, its pink, soft, round teeth dripping with honey, every breath spreading the repugnant smell of fresh flowers, this horrifying creature of destruction devastates Keeper by spreading its deadly, all-powerful fluff over the countryside, laying waste to dragon and furry bunny alike. It comes howling out of the east, an endless rattling and gnashing of teeth, a twisted grinding pull on the very fabric of reality threatening to consume body and mind alike in an endless glimmering pink torrent. Nothing is more terrible than the sun glittering on its teeth, save perhaps the light glancing off the oily tones of the sequins that cover its hotpants. Of course, there was that child who tried to eat Fluffy, mistaking him for a giant, walking piece of cotton candy. That child... is now the almighty leader of Fluffy, controlling his every move, sending him to devour the people that cross his path. And Keeper. Because we said so. Nothing can stop Fluffy's march to victory, spreading the sweet smell of strawberries where ever it lays its mighty paw. Followed by many jolly fairies singing joyful songs about Fluffy's cuddlyness, the baloth wanders the mountains of Zendikarland on a quest to share the love with Keeper, tough love that is...
Fluffy, we'll miss you friend. We'll miss you...
Siggy Siggables
56544366 wrote:
My other name consideration was "Thermodynamics of Doom!"
58271798 wrote:
Master Yumyums! Master Yumyums! I made it even more unfun! Spirited Betrayal Sorcery All lands are copies of Night of Souls' Betrayal. The legend rule doesn't apply to them. *Headsplosion*
56267956 wrote:
76064519 wrote:
If they make Mono-blue control a viable option for FNM again, I'm going to force myself to browse 4chan while listening to Hannah Montana and Justin Bieber and then I'm going to read Twilight books before I go to sleep for 1 whole week...
I already do that.
56544366 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
I NEED GRADES TO MAKE ME FEEL SPECIAL.
Use of caps lock: 9/10
58438088 wrote:
We were goddamn slowly making our way towards those **** mountains. The road was all filthy and wet, bird **** on every step and eldrazi piss raining from the sky. "So those ****tards are finally awake huh?" my idiotic companion asked. "Yep, we're in deep ****, homie." "Wazzup?" "Nothing, just pissed." My companion looked to the sky. A drop of the eldrazi urine fell right in his eye. "Oh, man. Now I'm pissed too." As we were moving on, we were looking around on the innocent nature. Two baloths were doing it on the road so we had to make a little detour. The pools of piss were kinda unpleasant but at least it was warm so we had no trouble at night. "One gets used to piss running down your face you know." said my companion. "F'shizzle." answered I stoicly and kicked two rabbits, who were doing nasty things to each other's ass, in the ass. "Man one can't take a spit here without hitting some shamming animals." "Word. Zendikar sucks. Hope the eldrazi contribute a little to the population regulation." As my companion said that, a gigantic, 20 meters tall eldrazi slithered by. On it's arms and tentacles were remains of birds, rabbits, baloths, angels, planeswalkers, dragons, krakens and a few cities. We stood up and clapped loudly. "A few bitches less." (People don't get banned for such posts do they?)
58021268 wrote:
Am I the only one? Looking over the recent threads debating the merits of "Belgium," the various ideas to "fix" England and other topics which concern European nations, I'm struck by how much I don't care what happens. Britain and Spain are, to me, completely inaccessible due to the Atlantic Ocean, not to mention volcanoes and socialism. I sound like I'm bashing European nations, and I guess I kind of am. If you enjoy living in France, Luxembourg, Poland or any other, older nation, that's fantastic. I just don't see why there's such a huge uproar about a volcano that is mostly affecting a niche group of people.
57008088 wrote:
57036138 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57052258 wrote:
Hell, I don't even like that they printed Pillarfield Ox
I'm real happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but pillarfield ox has one of the best pieces of art of all time. Of all time.
Really? I don't really see the greatness.
It's an Ox. In a PILLARFIELD. That's like, a field of frickin' PILLARS, but to this Ox it just looks like an ordinary field of grass - because he is so BADASS.
56916508 wrote:
Finally, Master Yumyums just had probably the most boring, worthless card in the entire contest. Why would you need to give creatures -1/-0 on your turn? To beat them down with your nonflying blue aggro deck that plays a bad win condition card to win (and if you are playing the critters, why aren't you winning with them?!)? And the win condition itself is so mindblowingly difficult it seems like it was only made simply to fit the criteria.
Derivative Radial Tangent Calculation of Pure, Absolute, Utmost, Uncontestable and Utter Doom Newton's Second Law of Equations As an additional calculation to add to ~, reveal a Mathematical Equation from your hand, with a converted mana casting cost equal to a Prime Number. (Prime numbers are 2, 3, 5, 7, 11 13, 17...) ~ costs ƒ(x) = Σπ(δƒ(u)-ƒ(x)) if you're a fan of René Descartes in Facebook. ~ deals X damage to each creature your opponents control within a radius of X KM from ~, where X is the revealed Equation's converted mana cost. ~ deals Y damages to target player, where Y is the area of the Sphere (using the first 50 digits of pi as pi). ~ deals Z less damage, where Z is the distance in Lightyears from the centerpoint of the Sphere. Add up X, Y and Z and round it up to the closest number. Multiply the damage ~ would deal by m, where m is the number of multiples of that number. Calculate the first 50 Fibonaci numbers: Deal the difference between the 25-50th numbers, and the first 25 numbers. As long as the angular acceleration of an object t approaches maximum velocity relative to the cross product of a vector n and its bisector as the object passes through point Q at vector n's convergence in zero gravity, Disastrous Radial Tangent Calculation can't be countered. As long as you can do a geometric proof of anything on this card, target opponent must be doing one. Otherwise, he or she loses the game. (both games. you just lost the game.)
:u: =
[mc]3(gw)u[/mc] = ()
REMEMBER FLUFFY, mercilessly slain by the bastard Useless Mancer
Fluffy, the cute and cuddly baloth beatstick of marshmellowy fluffyness and lolz, om-nom-noming Keeper's wicked soul; its insane, deadly amount of cuteness rips the fabric of reality to shreds, its pink, soft, round teeth dripping with honey, every breath spreading the repugnant smell of fresh flowers, this horrifying creature of destruction devastates Keeper by spreading its deadly, all-powerful fluff over the countryside, laying waste to dragon and furry bunny alike. It comes howling out of the east, an endless rattling and gnashing of teeth, a twisted grinding pull on the very fabric of reality threatening to consume body and mind alike in an endless glimmering pink torrent. Nothing is more terrible than the sun glittering on its teeth, save perhaps the light glancing off the oily tones of the sequins that cover its hotpants. Of course, there was that child who tried to eat Fluffy, mistaking him for a giant, walking piece of cotton candy. That child... is now the almighty leader of Fluffy, controlling his every move, sending him to devour the people that cross his path. And Keeper. Because we said so. Nothing can stop Fluffy's march to victory, spreading the sweet smell of strawberries where ever it lays its mighty paw. Followed by many jolly fairies singing joyful songs about Fluffy's cuddlyness, the baloth wanders the mountains of Zendikarland on a quest to share the love with Keeper, tough love that is...
Fluffy, we'll miss you friend. We'll miss you...
Siggy Siggables
56544366 wrote:
My other name consideration was "Thermodynamics of Doom!"
58271798 wrote:
Master Yumyums! Master Yumyums! I made it even more unfun! Spirited Betrayal Sorcery All lands are copies of Night of Souls' Betrayal. The legend rule doesn't apply to them. *Headsplosion*
56267956 wrote:
76064519 wrote:
If they make Mono-blue control a viable option for FNM again, I'm going to force myself to browse 4chan while listening to Hannah Montana and Justin Bieber and then I'm going to read Twilight books before I go to sleep for 1 whole week...
I already do that.
56544366 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
I NEED GRADES TO MAKE ME FEEL SPECIAL.
Use of caps lock: 9/10
58438088 wrote:
We were goddamn slowly making our way towards those **** mountains. The road was all filthy and wet, bird **** on every step and eldrazi piss raining from the sky. "So those ****tards are finally awake huh?" my idiotic companion asked. "Yep, we're in deep ****, homie." "Wazzup?" "Nothing, just pissed." My companion looked to the sky. A drop of the eldrazi urine fell right in his eye. "Oh, man. Now I'm pissed too." As we were moving on, we were looking around on the innocent nature. Two baloths were doing it on the road so we had to make a little detour. The pools of piss were kinda unpleasant but at least it was warm so we had no trouble at night. "One gets used to piss running down your face you know." said my companion. "F'shizzle." answered I stoicly and kicked two rabbits, who were doing nasty things to each other's ass, in the ass. "Man one can't take a spit here without hitting some shamming animals." "Word. Zendikar sucks. Hope the eldrazi contribute a little to the population regulation." As my companion said that, a gigantic, 20 meters tall eldrazi slithered by. On it's arms and tentacles were remains of birds, rabbits, baloths, angels, planeswalkers, dragons, krakens and a few cities. We stood up and clapped loudly. "A few bitches less." (People don't get banned for such posts do they?)
58021268 wrote:
Am I the only one? Looking over the recent threads debating the merits of "Belgium," the various ideas to "fix" England and other topics which concern European nations, I'm struck by how much I don't care what happens. Britain and Spain are, to me, completely inaccessible due to the Atlantic Ocean, not to mention volcanoes and socialism. I sound like I'm bashing European nations, and I guess I kind of am. If you enjoy living in France, Luxembourg, Poland or any other, older nation, that's fantastic. I just don't see why there's such a huge uproar about a volcano that is mostly affecting a niche group of people.
57008088 wrote:
57036138 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57052258 wrote:
Hell, I don't even like that they printed Pillarfield Ox
I'm real happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but pillarfield ox has one of the best pieces of art of all time. Of all time.
Really? I don't really see the greatness.
It's an Ox. In a PILLARFIELD. That's like, a field of frickin' PILLARS, but to this Ox it just looks like an ordinary field of grass - because he is so BADASS.
56916508 wrote:
Finally, Master Yumyums just had probably the most boring, worthless card in the entire contest. Why would you need to give creatures -1/-0 on your turn? To beat them down with your nonflying blue aggro deck that plays a bad win condition card to win (and if you are playing the critters, why aren't you winning with them?!)? And the win condition itself is so mindblowingly difficult it seems like it was only made simply to fit the criteria.
Derivative Radial Tangent Calculation of Pure, Absolute, Utmost, Uncontestable and Utter Doom Newton's Second Law of Equations As an additional calculation to add to ~, reveal a Mathematical Equation from your hand, with a converted mana casting cost equal to a Prime Number. (Prime numbers are 2, 3, 5, 7, 11 13, 17...) ~ costs ƒ(x) = Σπ(δƒ(u)-ƒ(x)) if you're a fan of René Descartes in Facebook. ~ deals X damage to each creature your opponents control within a radius of X KM from ~, where X is the revealed Equation's converted mana cost. ~ deals Y damages to target player, where Y is the area of the Sphere (using the first 50 digits of pi as pi). ~ deals Z less damage, where Z is the distance in Lightyears from the centerpoint of the Sphere. Add up X, Y and Z and round it up to the closest number. Multiply the damage ~ would deal by m, where m is the number of multiples of that number. Calculate the first 50 Fibonaci numbers: Deal the difference between the 25-50th numbers, and the first 25 numbers. As long as the angular acceleration of an object t approaches maximum velocity relative to the cross product of a vector n and its bisector as the object passes through point Q at vector n's convergence in zero gravity, Disastrous Radial Tangent Calculation can't be countered. As long as you can do a geometric proof of anything on this card, target opponent must be doing one. Otherwise, he or she loses the game. (both games. you just lost the game.)

Mnemonic Crucible
Enchantment
Whenever you would draw a card, if ~ is in your graveyard, instead draw two cards, then discard a card.
If an opponent has more cards in hand than you and if ~ is in your graveyard, exile it.

:u: =
[mc]3(gw)u[/mc] = ()

Thx, V.

Who/What Am I?
"I might have been a hmmm... eh-eh well, y'kno but, instead" I'm a fighter... --
peacekeepermedc.gif -- ...not a lover. This signature concept is from "http://www.pathguy.com/index2.htm"
html_removed
What I Doing Here?
@MTG Forums. Contestant: A Contest Like No Other hosted by Fakeartist. An Angelic Aspect In The Wild, Wild World Of The Mata Hari's Agency. @DnD Forums. Digital Artist In Training: What Do YOU Think MY Character Looks Like's Thread - @4e Character Development forum. Player (Osborn) - Bounty Hunter (Fighter DnDNext): DnD presents The Walking Dead @Play By Post Forum. Player (Shana Zorus) - Professional Bodyguard/Adventurer (Hybrid Warden/Paladin 4e): The Unhallowed Gate @Play By Post Haven Forum (DM by ffShadow) Player (Krist Breeze) - Twiceborn War Mage/Imbuer (Hybrid Warlord/Wizard 4e): Castle Greyhawk - @Real Adventures (DM by Icanus) Player (Blyne Munro) - Happy-Go-Lucky Scout/Explorer (Warlock 4e) Domain of Shadows-Darkness Falls - Play By Post Haven (DM by WhisperMagellan) Player (Ansmril) - Vistani Blessed Psalmist (Bard/Shaman 4e) The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good - (And I'm The DM) DM - The Young Mercenaries/Ps'V-GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Unlikely Diplomats/Ps'V- GoodShip Drow Diplomacy. DM - The Dragon Below Can't Have It This Good/Ps'V GoodShip Diplomacy. Referee - People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Oz League: The Ardent Lord w/People Of Oz @Dorothy's Kansas Games(inactive). Ps'V = The Players' Vault Forum Group In Which I'm The Owner Of.

Distorted Path
Enchantment
: Exile ~.
At the beginning of your upkeep as long as ~ is exiled you may pay . If you do exile target permanent and return ~ to the battlefield under your control.
A guiding light coaxes anyone it can down the path. It returns for another victim only after the first is lost.

There has never been anything here...now there is.
Timeshredder
Creature - Wizard Mutant
Timeshredder is blue
Suspend 5 -
As long as Timeshredder is exiled with a time counter on it, whenever a player casts a spell from somewhere other than the exiled zone exile that spell, put 1 time counter on it and it gains suspend.
"Time is just another source of magic, waiting to be unleashed by the right hands"
1/1

This guy would suck to play against..... 

Edit: Fixed to meet criteria better, do I need to say "whenever a player casts a spell from somewhere other than the exile zone" or something to keep this from going infinite with itself?

Ambush War-Roc
Creature -- Bird
Flying, haste
Whenever Ambush War-Roc is revealed from your hand, you pay . If you do, it deals 4 damage divided as you choose among up to two target creatures and/or players. Then put it onto the battlefield tapped.
"Get out of my mind, meddle-mage. There are beasts in there that not even your dark magics can tame."
--Jredya Spitfire, roc caller
4 | 3 

EDIT: For reference:

Gatherer search on all cards with "reveals his or her hand" in the rules text.

Might as well. 

(PH) 
Ambush War-Roc
Creature -- Bird
Flying, haste
Whenever Ambush War-Roc is revealed from your hand, you pay . If you do, it deals 4 damage divided as you choose among up to two target creatures and/or players. Then put it onto the battlefield tapped.
"Get out of my mind, meddle-mage. There are beasts in there that not even your dark magics can tame."
--Jredya Spitfire, roc caller
4 | 3 

EDIT: For reference:

Gatherer search on all cards with "reveals his or her hand" in the rules text.

Keep in mind that there are plenty of cards that let you reveal your own hand.
Ul Nasak, the Teeth of Night  
Legendary Creature - Vampire Assassin

Emerge . (Declare Ul Nasak, the Teeth of Night and pay its emerge cost. Search your library for a copy of Ul Nasak, the Teeth of Night and play it. If there is no copy of Ul Nasak, the Teeth of Night when you search for it, you lose the game. Play this ability only as a sorcery.)

Other Vampire creatures in your library have "Emerge ".

The night rises. His enemies fall.

2/4