Character Creation, Now what?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
One of the biggest enticements of Encounters to an old Role-Player like myself was the line "this character is compatible with [other games]." I have not participated with a regular table-top group for a dog's age, but would like the chance to see a character develop and grow.

So, now I have a Player's Membership Card. Do I need to register my character's stats somewhere?

What other venues are open and available for this character to progress in?

Sorry, I'm not very computer savvy. Please respond in english and talk very slowly.

So, now I have a Player's Membership Card. Do I need to register my character's stats somewhere?

While you can register your character's stats on-line via the RPGA site no one does it anymore and I do not recommend it.

What other venues are open and available for this character to progress in?

At the end of this season you can export your character to Living Forgotten Realms (LFR). I recommend creating a LFR-legal character for D&D Encounters just so you do not lose anything during the conversion; some character features, like Dragonmarks(?), are prohibited in LFR.
And if you want to find out what Living Forgotten Realms is start here:
www.wizards.com/dnd/Event.aspx?x=dnd/4ne...
Hmmm. Ok, I guess I'll play out Encounters (of course) and then check into the LFR. Thank you for your responses.

(Are there online venues for LFR, either Play by Post or IM?)
I have seen the occasional online LFG game by messageboard, though play-by-post has a very high attrition rate and this might create difficulties for anything where reporting is expected.
Sign In to post comments