Bad-ass things to say before killing people

183 posts / 0 new
Last post
Love the thread, great for my Banite too.

Here's some of mine:

"howzatt???" - after bludgeoning damage

"And here's me wondering if a {name of race} has a rich, creamy centre - and then you turn up"

"I usually opperate on a three strikes then out basis, but I can change that for you!"

"Burn baby burn, fireball and inferno!"

"Get them, they've got Muslamic ray guns" - as per the EDL skinhead (not my opinion)

" 'Ello, Poppet"

"There must be 50 ways to leave your lover"

Immediately before delivering a dagger sneak attack/coup de grace:

"It's knife to meet you."

(I employ zie/zie/zir as a gender-neutral counterpart to he/him/his. Just a heads-up.) Essentials definitely isn't for me as a player, and I feel that its design and implementation bear serious flaws which fill me with concern for the future of D&D, but I've come to the conclusion that it isn't going to destroy the game that I want to play. Indeed, I think that I could probably run a game for players using Essentials characters without it being much of a problem at all. Time will tell, I suppose.
So, I'm trying to come up with some possible bad-ass phrases for my character to have as trademark line before killing people.  He's a half-orc Figther/MC Ranger, and a fanatical follower of (Forgotten Realms) Bane.

Because I steal almost all my ideas, I've been looking for inspiration in movies... but the best I can come up with is, "You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" from Tim Burton's Batman.  Jules' biblical tirade from Pulp Fiction is awesome, but rather too long-winded for use at the game table.

Anyone have any ideas?

And while we're at it, any suggestions for battle cries?

my rogues fav: "DIE B*TCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
*After my Thayan wizard pummelled a Drow warlock into submission with a Spectral Ram*

Drow Warlock (DM): "I yield! You win, human!"

Me: "I never doubted it. Did you?"
why not go the uruk-hai route,
"Meat's back on the menu, boys!"
"Send (insert name of a chief demon or god of death) my regards."

And this one is stolen from Steven Erikson's excellent Malazan series, particulalry the Karsa Orlong character.

"Witness." Basically he says it before he does anything badass, and I played as a power-crazed sorceror who did the same thing. So before a daily, or when all hope seemed lost, he would demand that his enemies and comrades "Witness" his greatness. No blustering, no great speeches, just "Witness."

"We all die...I'm just here to expedite the process."

"Don't worry...hell isn't that lonely of a place. Your friends will be joining you soon."
screamed at screen during Hills Have Eyes, but applies to the death of any aberration: "Score one for the normals, @#$%!"
All son's surpass their fathers, this is the way of life... my father? you don't want to meet my father... far to fire and brimstone for your taste.

Come, let us be.... friends (proceeds to dominate the enemy and use him to kill/maim his fellows).

and low, his blade went snicker-snack, he left it dead, and with its head, He went galumphing back.

If you are a bard, you could start a battle by singing a funeral dirge and continue until it ends.

(not so much something to say as something to do), after defeating the main villain/general, have him read his eulogy while kneeling infront of his soon to be filled grace (brownie-points for he who can guess who originalyl did this.)

I envy you sir/madame, the answer to one of life's most puzzling questions will soon lie at your feet, I would go with you, but alas I still have business to conduct here.

(not something to say when you are about to kill someone, but something to rattle the villain before he/she kills you or send you to the block). Fear not, we shall meet again, and in the next life I shall find your soul and smite it there.

(If you're a necromancer), do not think that death will be an escape, oh no, I shall bind your soul to your body and make you dance and tear yourself asunder.

(continuing the necromancer theme) I wonder, what do you think would happen if I were to bind your soul to a dung beetle? Lets find out, shall we?!

I shall twist you body and soul until you beg for oblivion. 
Gosh, everyone's quotes are so complicated! All you really need to say is:

"SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!"

and you're golden. 

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

"Sometimes I wish I didn't have to kill you." *Stabs viciously through the chest* "Other times, I can't wait for you to die."

"Forgive me, for I have  sinned. ... My apologies, you'll be too dead to forgive me."

"I hope hell reserved a room for you, or it'll be a pain getting a vacancy." 
*from a worhiper of the raven queen* "...rest in peace..."
And here I thought I was the only person who thought way too much about badass one-liners. 

Here're a few I thought of for my star pact warlock:

"I will allow you a moment to pray to what you believe are Gods."  

"Your mind... is weak."

"Grovel, if you like. Your existence can't possibly mean any less."

"The truth-- my truth-- will set you free."

"Those aren't tentacles."

Best. Line. Evah.

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

"Brothers gotta HUG!" -Brawler Fighter

"Are those coins I hear in your pocket?" "Dibs!"

"The ill equiped can never succeed."

"May the gods give you a peace I am unwilling to give you."

"Tactical Knowledge will win this day brute!"

"Death looks good on you."

"And you thought you were winning."

"Is that blood? You may want to get your local cleric to look at that."

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

"Death's Embrace Awaits!"

"I warned you of my power. Now carry my warning to hell with you." 
*from a worshiper of the raven queen* "...rest in pieces..."

Fixed for you, no needs to thank me really ^^.

For a vengfull type character; "...may the Gods have mercy on your Soul, because i have none..."
                                             ;"...it is said that you must make peace with your ennemy's and with God,...you can asks peace to God, i'll make the presentations for you..."
                                             ; "...Vengeance is maybe not a solution, but i don't see it has a problem either..."
                                             ;"...You will taste my Wrath, as i consume my Revenge..."

This one is a passage from the Lyrics of a song from the band Brocas Helm-the Cry of the banshee.

"Country king or criminal,War or vengeance,Death is all the same,If he died in shame or Honor,Who on Earth can tell?"

"I thought I would feel pity for you when this moment came.  I don't."

"I find that if the person I am about to kill will close his or her eyes, I cause less pain in the killing blow.  At least, no one has told me otherwise, yet."

"Oops."

Best. Line. Evah.

/bow 

Here are a few for my Avenger. He's a crazy fellow.

"It's been said that the process of death occurs in several metaphysical stages. You will run screaming through each of them." 

"Your death will solve nothing, but I'm going to slaughter you anyway. Can you feel it, finally? Feel the fear you've instilled in so many others? Perhaps now you understand why you have to die, and why I must be the one to end you." 

"Let us end this. Nothing is waiting for us; the world will not stand still as we cross blades. We dance now to the stillness of the grave, without spectacle or grace-- and into the arms of Death herself."

"I must break you."

"Everyone dies, friend. It's your turn today."

"You still have a bit of time. I strongly recommend pissing yourself, followed by a round of prayer to your impotent god. You may even have time to commit good old-fashioned suicide!"

"Come on, show me what you've got! Prove that you're worthy of this fight! Come on, come on! Come on! COME ON!!!" (said in a ragged, animalistic voice) 

"Everyone dies, friend. It's your turn today." I am using this!
I fight for freedom. I fight for justice. I fight for honor. I fight for VENGEANCE.Beware, all you monsters, all you villains, for you have unleashed the wrath of Edward Darkforest. May your god have pity on your soul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDDGJr6LOiw&feature=share Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
I actually have a player who enjoys saying random quotes in character at the table and I let him just for the sake of comic relief. Some of my favorites:

1. Upon continually being told what to do by gaurds: "Son, you're teasing the gorilla in the monkey cage." (I gave him an Intimidate check for this one lol)

2. As he had his sword peirced through the last enemy, whispered in his ear: "Via... con dios."

3. A great and unexpected Muppet's quote: "You have to go catch the diplomat red-handed." "What color is his hands now?"

4. (on playing an My Little Pony earth pony hombeprew class): "Guys! Ask me what I'm doing!" "What are you doing?" Horsing around!"

5. Pointing to a Tenser's Floating Disk: "Set Tenser's to 'stun'."

6. Upon walking into the aftermath of a huge bloody battle, bodies laying everywhere: "What do you do?" "Throw my hands in the air, loudly exclaim 'OUT!' and leave the way I came in."
So, I'm trying to come up with some possible bad-ass phrases for my character to have as trademark line before killing people.  He's a half-orc Figther/MC Ranger, and a fanatical follower of (Forgotten Realms) Bane.

Because I steal almost all my ideas, I've been looking for inspiration in movies... but the best I can come up with is, "You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?" from Tim Burton's Batman.  Jules' biblical tirade from Pulp Fiction is awesome, but rather too long-winded for use at the game table.

Anyone have any ideas?

And while we're at it, any suggestions for battle cries?

Butt Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Grapthar's Hammer (PC's name) shall be avenged!!!! (By my Shifter Avenger)

Kneel Before Zod!

"I look forward to looting your corpse..."