Character Challenge: Playing as yourself

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
Recently my friends and i have been discussing what class we would be if we lived in a world similiar to dnd, based on our real life interests. Not necessarily our favorite class, or the one we think has the coolest powers, but the one most like us.

It was a lot of fun, and since we were about to start a new campaign that i would actually get to play in (usually i dm) I asked everybody to try playing as the class that they feel is most like them in real life.

It was so much fun! We were definitely not the most optimized characters or a group with the most synergy, but concept wise, it was great.

Granted, we have a pretty diverse group of people, between star athletes, artists, computer nerds, musicians, and journalists, so we had a pretty diversed and fairly balanced sort of party.

Personally, I was a hybrid Sorcerer/Ranger mainly because of my love of hiking and exploring nature, speaking skills, and love of magic within literature.

I don't know much about optimization, but im pretty sure I could have had a better build than this. But in the end, for our group, it didn't really matter, I still did well enough.

Mostly everyone else were at least some type of multiclass if not hybrid, which I can understand. It can be difficult to classify yourself within one class.

So for you guys im wondering: Has anyone ever tried this sort of thing before? What class do consider yourself to be? 

Hope to hear from some of you guys soon!
I've done this before, but the people I play with tend towards... the nerdier bunch, I suppose? Though, until two of the people PCSed, we had a slightly more diverse group.

I'm definitely a ranged/implement artificer with a crossbow (preferably hand). I'm not a great shot, but  I'm decent and my entire job revolves around fixing electronics, and my hobbies include tinkering with my computer and programming.
I've done this before, but the people I play with tend towards... the nerdier bunch, I suppose? Though, until two of the people PCSed, we had a slightly more diverse group.

I'm definitely a ranged/implement artificer with a crossbow (preferably hand). I'm not a great shot, but  I'm decent and my entire job revolves around fixing electronics, and my hobbies include tinkering with my computer and programming.



A friend of mine also chose Artificer because he enjoys working with technology, but he was hybrid with rogue because we all sort of agree that he has a bit of a rogue mentality.

Also, I didn't mean to imply that my group is not nerdy. We just have a variety of backgrounds and I think many of us were more closet nerds for a long time. But hey it just shows how great DND can be at bringing people together. It's really a shame that many can view it so negatively
I'd be a cunning bard. I like to write and tell stories, jokes, poems....I have the creativity of a true artist. I also like history and science....so I'd think I'd be some sort of Bard/Wizard hybrid, maybe Bard/Psion, or just pure Bard since they can learn history and arcana.
I think I'd be a Paladin of Ceiling Cat. I have a set of morals largely adopted from early 90s Shounen anime, and I tend to go out of my way to help mah friends when I can. Plus I seem to have a decent tolerance for pain and can get extremely defensive about things I like.

Although, I could also go druid what with mah love of animals but then I could cover that by adding a flavor-only cat companion to a pally.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
This would be difficult... I think I'd be closest to an Artificer/Paladin fluffwise; someone who's very defensive of his friends and willing to stand where it hurts, and also someone who thinks about stuff and tinkers with it where possible.

But I'd also probably be a very bad one at it xD I don't have the physique to back it up in a world like that.
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.
Interesting... hmmm...  I have fenced saber and taken martial arts, so definitely somethign striker-ish in there.  I used to be a hockey goalie, so defender isn't out of the question either.  I used ot have rage issues as a kid and I'm am now slow to anger, but it tends to be pretty explosive once it gets there.

Maybe some kind of Rogue/Monk/Barbarian/Fighter combination.  Guess I'll have to go as a Hybrid from Windrise Ports.  Tongue out
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf
Given I actually DO own a hand crossbow, maybe a ranger? Beastmaster, I love dogs. Sealed
The Smithy Knew He'd Lost His Groove When Scalding Sparks Left His Chin Too Smooth Dwarvenshave
thinking about it a little more, i really like art as well so i could easily be a Runepriest, i know bard is like an artist class as well, but Im pretty good at drawing but not so good at playing music
I think I'd be a Paladin of Ceiling Cat.



Dude, that's awesome.  What are Ceiling Cat's domains?
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Psion|Bard. Or Psion/Bard. On one hand I am creative and funny, well read, and beleive strongly in the power and meaning of art. I am also logical and very adept at picking apart arguements and have a deep love of philosophy and understanding of its role in the life of everyone. Interestingly, I feel so strongly about art because I feel strongly about philosophy, so probably Psion/Bard.

Conviently, since I am also a bit of powergamer, this is a perfectly optimal combination. :P

Edit: Although, according to a test I took, I am a Lawful Good Dragonborn Paladin. I do have a firm sense of justice and strive to better the situation around me, and while I'm not particularly strong, I do work out. So, Paladin/Bard is also a possible (and fun!) combination as well.
I am a: Lawful Good Dragonborn Paladin
I think I'd be a Paladin of Ceiling Cat.



Dude, that's awesome.  What are Ceiling Cat's domains?



Fey, Joy, Pleasure, Animal, Chaos, Good, Sun, Luck and Cheezburgers I think.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I worked at a summer camp (taught archery for four summers) all through college, and I majored in english. I'm not a huge fan of the outdoors, but I can handle myself. I can be very boisterous and I enjoying being up in front of groups of people, I also work in youth ministry. Perhaps some sort of ranger/bard with lots of inspiring word.
Heh. Considered something like this myself. You might want to think of a reason why they are playing themselves if "some kind of alternate world you" doesn't suffice. The traditional "you are sucked into the gameworld. wat do" comes to mind ala the D&D cartoon.

I tend to fancy myself a shielding swordmage, if not a swordmage|wizard or even with some elements of fighter. I've been told that, in games of soccer or whatever team sports, I can be found all over the goddamn field and am somewhat sticky, if not exactly the person who grabs the ball or scores.
I think I'd be a Paladin of Ceiling Cat.

Dude, that's awesome.  What are Ceiling Cat's domains?

Communicayshun. And Fud.

"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose
Invoker.

I have a somewhat... unorthodox take on the nature of the divine (specifically, I'm a pantheist). I'm pretty quiet and bookish, and I don't tend to get angry or annoyed over trivial issues. But I'm no moral or cultural relativist - I have very clear views on good and evil. I'm content to "live and let live" for the most part, but actual real, serious evil and injustice provoke me to incandescent rage.

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

Bard

or Hybrid Bard/Sorceror. I tend to dabble into many things as hobbies. I do not excell at anything, and I have a lifelong curiousity with art, languages, and history. I am always wanting to be doing something creative, or exploring.
You might want to think of a reason why they are playing themselves if "some kind of alternate world you" doesn't suffice.



I'd definitely go with the 'alternate world you' version, myself.  I mean, I'd be far too angsty to be around if I was separated from my wife and pets and friends and all that.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
You might want to think of a reason why they are playing themselves if "some kind of alternate world you" doesn't suffice.



I'd definitely go with the 'alternate world you' version, myself.  I mean, I'd be far too angsty to be around if I was separated from my wife and pets and friends and all that.



So, then...  Barbarian?
You might want to think of a reason why they are playing themselves if "some kind of alternate world you" doesn't suffice.



I'd definitely go with the 'alternate world you' version, myself.  I mean, I'd be far too angsty to be around if I was separated from my wife and pets and friends and all that.



So, then...  Barbarian?



Only if we rename 'Rages' as 'Depressions'.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
You might want to think of a reason why they are playing themselves if "some kind of alternate world you" doesn't suffice.



I'd definitely go with the 'alternate world you' version, myself.  I mean, I'd be far too angsty to be around if I was separated from my wife and pets and friends and all that.



So, then...  Barbarian?



Only if we rename 'Rages' as 'Depressions'.



...  You see, I read "angsty" as "angry".  Instead, let's say Ardent, hm?
Oh boy. That's something I want to see: Typical final fantasy game with stereotypical angsty protagonist, except he's not angsty but very, very angry instead.
Imagine the potential love interest dying in a very dramatic fashion, lying in the arms of the hero while he yells and cusses at the villain who just vanished and the situation in general while the rest of the party isn't quite sure what to make of the situation.

I'd buy twenty.

Imagine the potential love interest dying in a very dramatic fashion, lying in the arms of the hero while he yells and cusses at the villain who just vanished and the situation in general while the rest of the party isn't quite sure what to make of the situation.
I'd buy twenty.


Well, that's what happens with Cloud, but the rest of the game kinda overshadows that...

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Either Ardent, because I'm good with people, or Warlock, because I'm a lazy bastard. (Study, or sell my soul? That one's easy.)
Shaman: "Why doesn't the squirrel shoot the wizard?" DM: "Because the last squirrel who tried to shoot the wizard missed, then was pulled out of his tree and incinerated." Wizard: "He has a point."
I have found that I like to play characters that are ideologically similar to me. Though often I will change their mannerisms to try being a different personality than myself. I like to play good/divine characters because I think I enjoy roleplaying good in a world where being good is something so concrete, the gods are real, and the actions of good men are recognized and encouraged.
Athanasios - Gamer, Grad student and Writer Do you prefer roleplay over rollplay http://morethandice.blogspot.com/ Because gaming can be much more than the sum of the rules
I have found that I like to play characters that are ideologically similar to me. Though often I will change their mannerisms to try being a different personality than myself. I like to play good/divine characters because I think I enjoy roleplaying good in a world where being good is something so concrete, the gods are real, and the actions of good men are recognized and encouraged.


Given your avatar, I have to admit that is pretty funny as a contrast. Tongue out
The Smithy Knew He'd Lost His Groove When Scalding Sparks Left His Chin Too Smooth Dwarvenshave
I would "like" to consider my self a ranger. The amazing nature guy who is a complete loner. Closer to reality I would be the wizard in the back screaming "Don't hurt me" while I blasted people's heads off.
There's lots of DND quizzes out there aimed at figuring out just this very question.  For me, the most common results are Bard (the kind-of-artsy-and-right-brained-yet-software-engineer kind) and then Monk (from years of studying martial arts and some of my philosophical choices.)  It's... not a very optimal combination.  Especially not according to 3rd edition.
My Char-Op Contribution: The Bard Taxi / Little Red Corvette
There's lots of DND quizzes out there aimed at figuring out just this very question. For me, the most common results are Bard (the kind-of-artsy-and-right-brained-yet-software-engineer kind) and then Monk (from years of studying martial arts and some of my philosophical choices.) It's... not a very optimal combination. Especially not according to 3rd edition.




A half-elf bard with the feat that makes the attack stat for multiclass and dilletante powers charisma might be an interesting character. Especially when they pull a full discipline power out of nowhere (at-will in Paragon!)
I would most likely be some form of tome wizard b/c i love books. I would probably hang way back and summon stuff to fight for me. intelligent just not as intelligent as he thinks. Facetious (smart-arse), quick to get angry, and self depricating.
As much as I'd like to make up some hybrid multiclass for this...I think "I" fit pretty solidly into the role of Psion.  The realm of the mind absolutely fascinates me, and while the dablings of a Wizard or Gifts of a Sorcerer are definately my style, they don't quite embody me like a Psion. 

The eyes aren't only a gateway to the soul, but to the mind as well
"All I hear now is the sound of the Charop boards and all their builds popping" ~ Mithreinmaethor "Oh I forgot, common sense no longer exists. It died with the invent of the internet age. ~ Thunder_Dragonbane ~ 1001 Reasons to Love 4E

I would like to be a defender, probably fighter (or battlemind) because I believe in my own power and because I am a soldier. But that probably isn't me because I am kind of a passivist mostly because of my childhood and not wanting to be that violent angy piece of beep I was. I also used to play football as a defensive nose tackle which might make me a striker probably a beast ranger because I just love my dogs. I real don't think myself a controler at all though I might be a wizard with my love of books and learning. But no I think I am a bard because of my versitility in all things and how adaptable I am plus my uncanny knack at helping people help themselves. Probably be a valourous bard because I am rather brave and durable and I like to be in the battle. I would probably be a half-elf (again versitile) because I would take that feat that would let all use charisma just so I could tie everything together like I like to do in my own life, you know finding the connections. Playing a class that uses charisma would probably describe me best because I can't find a person that can't like me and I am headstrong. People describe me as a very funny guy and if I were a 3.X bard I would probably put ranks in perform comedy. I am a pretty good liar and good at getting people to do what I think is best (often I am right) so I would take a lot of interaction skills because I talk alot (I suppose you guessed) and knowlege skills because often I know what I am talking about and anything that my multiclass feats miss in skills I would probably take skill focus and skill training in. Probably hybrid with ardent because I am fascinated with the mind (psionics) and because I have a way of influencing others moods. I doubt I am paragon or epic so I guess I could speculate what I would be. I would probably be travelers halequin  or jack of all trades or chameleon (if I could I would) and an eternal seeker.

So I am rambling, bottom line I think I am a hybrid Bard/Ardent Travelers Harliquin or jack of all trades, Eternal Seeker with training in all skills and skill focus and multiclass like everything.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg)

I think I would be wizard, pison, barbarian or a mix of them.

I study urban planning at a university and enjoy reading popular science magazines. I think that university studies and a thirst for knowledge are clear signings of wizardry.

But on the other hand, the social science (and the urban planning program I’m reading has a lot of that) feels more psionic to me then the hard sciences. Also, as of late I have started to wish for some basic telekinetic abilities, just to close doors and stuff like that. 

On the third hand I hade/have some rage-issues and I feel at home nature (I am fairly certain that I could roast a hotdog over a fire if need be Tongue out) so a barbarian wouldn’t be to odd a class for me.

Psion|Invoker all the way.  I have very firm ideas about the world and how it is put together, and I'm attempting to formalize those thoughts in research to prove that I am right about the world.  I'm certainly religious, but all modern day religions bother me to some extent, and so I simply have faith in something deeper than any concept than humans have yet formulated (although I'm hoping with my research to actually formulate what that concept is.)

I'm also very lazy.  Physical activity does not become me.  And book learning.. well.. I'm posting this because I'm avoiding looking up how the modification rule for systems of differential equations works compared to the modification rule for single differential equations.  So, all my power is from me, except for the parts that come from some concept that existed before the gods. 

Psion|Invoker. 
Ide be an Earthsoul Genasi Smat A$$ from the Kingdom of Thamecneics, I woula always argue and tell everyone thier wrong. So much so my enamys would become depressed and kill themsellfs, sooo i juts grab the loot and walk on by. Spuing info and insultes of ur Int and modifier.
Edit: I just realized that being a non-strength based warforged sorcerer doesnt make much sense, but I never said that I would make an effective dnd character!

If I became a dnd character, I think, first, I would be a warforged because when I was a little kid I used to imagine what it would be like if it turned out I was actually an android released into society as part of a secret government project.  As for class I think I would be a sorcerer because I'm not out of shape but I'm not a good enough physical specimen to be a heavily martial class.  Probably a non-strength based sorcerer.  I would say wizard because I'm pretty well read and I enjoy learning things for their own sake, but I consider wizards to be like the uber-geniuses of the dnd world and that I am not.  Sorcerer fits best because being born with innate magical powers gives a regular Joe the best shot at being a superhero, which dnd characters kind of are.

I believe I'd either be a Thaneborn Barbarian, a Stonefist Monk, or some sort of Fighter.

I have trained for many years in martial arts, specifically Shotokan karate for the first 6 and then both Shotokan and Brazillian Jujitsu for the past 2. I hit pretty hard, but in the fights I have been in in real life I have remained relatively calm. Monk, check.

One of my favorite hobbies is collecting weapons. I have several walls of my room filled, and smaller weapons hidden in books, drawers under my pillow, etc. Weaponmaster Fighter, perhaps?

Finally, Thaneborn. I am strong, physically, which factors in all three of my choices, but Thaneborn Barbarians also require an insanely high Charisma. Many of my friends say I am quite charismatic, through my years in theatre, speaking, and I currently lector quite often at my church. Primal Power says in combat many Thaneborn keep their wits about them, even during a rage, which also fits.

In all honesty, I've tried playing monk, which was alright, I generally find fighters a tad plain, and when I play barbarian, I always play Rageblood. I'm not too fond of Thaneborn.

But those three seemed to fit the most. (While  some might also say Warlord, I HATE warlords. I didn't want to write something up for one.) 

I've always loved the idea of this kind of experiment in a role-playing game. If you really want to make things interesting (especially if you've known your gaming group for a while) try making a character to suit the person to the left of you at the table. DM excluded. I think one may get some interesting insights into how other people see you, plus you get to really think about the nature of one of your close friends.

Though personally I've loved the idea of swords+magic ever since the bladesinger kit. Swordmage for me please and thank you Smile
try making a character to suit the person to the left of you at the table.


Heh. My brother's pretty easy to turn into a D&D character. In real life, he's a pharmaceutical chemist. In other words, he makes potions that heal people, so he'd really have to be an artificer in D&D terms.

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

I have 14 years of martial arts training and I am mostly inclined towards story-writing and painting.

I am also a bit of a loner and I really like rangers, but I prefer urban environments.

So I suppose a hybrid Monk/Bard with (urban) Ranger multiclass would do.
I've always loved the idea of this kind of experiment in a role-playing game. If you really want to make things interesting (especially if you've known your gaming group for a while) try making a character to suit the person to the left of you at the table.



We did something similar; we had each player pick a race/class combo for each other player that they thought was appropriate, though it was nonbinding since we wouldn't want to make someone play something they wouldn't enjoy.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Sign In to post comments