LOOK AT BLOOMILK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look now, you must.

My trade thread http://community.wizards.com/marketplace/go/thread/view/94961/22314269/MandaloreTheFirsts_Armory._Buy,_Sell,_and_Trade. +66 Good Trades "Look Ma, I'm a Jedi Knight!" Trades in progress: none Good Trades: C3P01971 x6, Kenred2 x5, dojimaster x4, urbanjedi x4, Chiech x2, mandaloreresurrector x2, crapface x2, JamesWys x2, Jason1977 x2, ChuckaFett x2, barzillai x2, sw_rebel_storm_miniatures x2, RogueThirteen x2, Silocan x2, creme_brule, dinofs1, PhoenixDarksider, bradu, Lily_Wan, suki_jedi_apprentice, Vilrin, pastordamon, Darth_Onus, scourgeofthenewrepublic, Vaun_Kale, username, wampafang, vlad9969, lestiff416, james_douglas77, Lt_Murgen, starwiz, Kael_Dronna, DARTH_TED, MandoMerc, Boss Nass, moboley, Evil_Eater_of_Dream, darthtyree67, Bo_Master, Bohica, ------------------------------------------------------------ Bloomilk Trade refrences: +4 Good Trades Good Trades: SquelchDog, ChuckaFett, engineer, TimmerB123 Bad Trades: 0
It's giving me an "access denied" message. 
AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...
It's giving me an "access denied" message. 

Go to the forums and read the "50/50" thread. Pretty sure that's what they're talking about, anyway...

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

Total pass for me. Having to self-paint and assemble the minis completely ruins the product. If they continued under the current rules system with the prepainted style, then I would be in. 
hum....
Best gaming community in the world. My collection is proof. 2009 SWM RAC member 795 Club member Over 75 Good trades, Zero Negatives You can check out my squads at Bloomilk, or share in more conversations at SWMGAMERS "There is always a choice..."
Total pass for me. Having to self-paint and assemble the minis completely ruins the product. If they continued under the current rules system with the prepainted style, then I would be in. 

Agreed.  I'm not artist, so they'd all look horrible after I'm done painting.  I don't mind the assembly part, but the painting is a big downer. 
Go to the forums and read the "50/50" thread. Pretty sure that's what they're talking about, anyway...

That's what I'm guessing.  There was already a thread about this, so I thought it might be something new, but apparently not.
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL

+1
Starfighter a.k.a. Mandalorien

I loved painting my WEG minis back in the day (keep meaning to put a gallery up here), but yeah, the ease and general quality of the WotC minis has spoiled me against future painting.

Give me convenience, or give me death! Cool 

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

My fiancee is an art major, and so if the new game has nice game mechanics, I can always con her into painting them for me, lol.

That said, until I see more about what their plans are for the product, I'm definitely inclined to pass on their incarnation.
Is Bloomilk not working for anyone else?  I keep getting a blank screen telling me "service unavailable".
Is Bloomilk not working for anyone else?  I keep getting a blank screen telling me "service unavailable".

Same here.  
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
Me too.

I tried getting in by doing a Yahoo search and clicking on the link, and that didn't even work.

Anyone care to fill me in on what the heck is going on before I jump to conclusions and start insulting 40K players? 
I can't get in either.
Me too.

I tried getting in by doing a Yahoo search and clicking on the link, and that didn't even work.

Anyone care to fill me in on what the heck is going on before I jump to conclusions and start insulting 40K players? 

Check www.flamesofwar.com.
So the potential new company listed 10 things for April Fool's Day, five of which are true, and five of which are lies.

There is a 50% chance that this statement is a lie:

2. We have the rights to produce the Star Wars tabletop miniatures game now that the Wizards of the Coast license have expired.

If this statement is true, it's not a statement that they WILL make a game (or that the game will, in any way, resemble "our" SWM). It is simply a statement that they have acquired the rights.

Unfortunately, the phrasing of the statement implies (to me) that it may well be false. The WotC license has not yet expired, so the above statement is (if taken literally) untrue.

Now, it could have been phrased somewhat non-accurately, but, eithe way, I'm smelling a whole lot of "if" comin' off this plan.
From what's been reported over at Bloo Milk, this particular statement was one of the five true ones.
So the potential new company listed 10 things for April Fool's Day, five of which are true, and five of which are lies.

There is a 50% chance that this statement is a lie:

2. We have the rights to produce the Star Wars tabletop miniatures game now that the Wizards of the Coast license have expired.

If this statement is true, it's not a statement that they WILL make a game (or that the game will, in any way, resemble "our" SWM). It is simply a statement that they have acquired the rights.

Unfortunately, the phrasing of the statement implies (to me) that it may well be false. The WotC license has not yet expired, so the above statement is (if taken literally) untrue.

Now, it could have been phrased somewhat non-accurately, but, eithe way, I'm smelling a whole lot of "if" comin' off this plan.

I wish it was true.

"and if wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak." 
This whole thing is starting to damage my calm.
If they start producing paintable Star Wars minis again, my currently unpainted stuff will NEVER get done!!!  I've got almost all of the old WEG lead minis, and all the WotC ones except for the Gungan, and I still want MORE!!!
Abandon all hope. Prepare for the Wierdness. Get familiar with cannibalism." Hunter S. Thompson, 2000 My custom Minis http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19476986/ob1dylans_customs&sort_order=ASC
From what's been reported over at Bloo Milk, this particular statement was one of the five true ones.

No offense, but I'd like to see a link to something that says it's true.  I know there was a comment there, but I didn't see any links where we could read it ourselves.

No offense, but I'd like to see a link to something that says it's true.  I know there was a comment there, but I didn't see any links where we could read it ourselves.

www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1...

First off, you have to register on their site to be able to see the forums. After you do that, you'll see in that thread that nothing's been confirmed as being true/false yet, so until it's been confirmed, I'm skeptical as well, and won't be taking anything anyone says at face value since I was misled on this subject to begin with. Undecided
If nothing is confirmed, I again point out the peculiarity in phrasing that makes the statement inherently false (if accepted literally as written).

Not saying I have any special knowledge, but if I were to speculate based on the scant info we have, I have to say "Smells false." Until I get confirmation that it is true, I will probably continued with that assumption.

I don't care what's been reported at Bloomilk, nothing at the FlamesOfWar site confirms this as being true. For now, it's nothing more than a prank, and people's speculations of it being true does not make it so.
As before surely no company would come in and want to do just additional packs of SWM. After all we get complaints about new Lukes and Vaders as it is, so then any new company would only be limited to specific new figures that have hardly been produced? Dont see it myself. If any new company comes in I would suggest they would either make at 1/72 or 1/48 scales as this would allow them to match existing vehicles out there, etc.
As before surely no company would come in and want to do just additional packs of SWM. After all we get complaints about new Lukes and Vaders as it is, so then any new company would only be limited to specific new figures that have hardly been produced? Dont see it myself. If any new company comes in I would suggest they would either make at 1/72 or 1/48 scales as this would allow them to match existing vehicles out there, etc.

Yeah, but we keep on buying them, no matter how many Lukes and Vaders they make. And tthey could make more and get away with it. I think a pilot Luke with a good commander effect would be great. New abilities could keep these guys current. And, anyway, I don't think there would be anything forcing a new company to make only specific new figures. As I've said before, they certainly HAVEN'T "plumed the depths" from my point of view.
I,ve had a tough time looking at Bloomilk. I keep getting crazy messages like" Error 53", or" this site has timed out".
 What the heck. I love the site though so im gonna be patient.

Yeah, but we keep on buying them, no matter how many Lukes and Vaders they make. And tthey could make more and get away with it. I think a pilot Luke with a good commander effect would be great. New abilities could keep these guys current. And, anyway, I don't think there would be anything forcing a new company to make only specific new figures. As I've said before, they certainly HAVEN'T "plumed the depths" from my point of view.

Yes I agree most people would still buy a dozen vaders, and a dozen bobas me too.... I suspect the powercreep might get a bit much tho
I agree re: power creep. I think the game is running danerously close to critical mass as-is.

I just wish the factions were more balanced. One of the things I like about MotF is that it doesn't seem to be heavily "rich get richer" as many of the other sets are.
I agree re: power creep. I think the game is running danerously close to critical mass as-is.

I just wish the factions were more balanced. One of the things I like about MotF is that it doesn't seem to be heavily "rich get richer" as many of the other sets are.

Are we looking at the same spoiler list?
wow wow wow wow this would be amazing if true. heres hoping
True or false, it's been lots of great and inexpensive advertising for the company (both on a competator's site -- i.e., here on WOTC -- and on Bloomilk).
At 1/100 scale suddenly a great deal of what is out there will be adaptable to the game.

I'd preffer 1/144 scale for F-toys but even so this isn't bad.

600858.jpg

Stormtroopers and Battle droids are easy to paint. Just white/tan with a black wash.

Look at it this way, no more random boosters. A better price is likely and rules that will be friendlyer to huge battles.
did anyone ever find out what happened to this? Did the Flames of War site post some sort of result????
did anyone ever find out what happened to this? Did the Flames of War site post some sort of result????

Nope. Neither confirmed nor denied. It's the April Fool's that keeps on fooling.
Need a custom mini for your Roleplying Game, or just because? PM me with the details or check out my Custom Thread. ARCTrooper-A79s Custom Thread The Reverend Strone Project (Custom Set) We make the minis now.
Sign In to post comments