Can't sanction any more Undermountain?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've already sanctioned my Undermountain games but I noticed tonight, while working on sanctioning another game, that the WPN Public Play doesn't have the Undermountain game option anymore.

Is it just me or is everyone missing this?
I think the last day that you could order it was this last weekend but I could be wrong.
The download says we had until April 28th. So I don't think that's the answer. And yes, I have the most recent "rules" download (as of a few days ago).
Perhaps someone there read it as 3/28 and not 4/28
Can we get info on this, as I may have just convinced a local store to participate... Smile
Can we get info on this, as I may have just convinced a local store to participate...

First see if you can sanction the event or not. It might just be me.
I'll try to poke Chris about this tomorrow.  

I ow him a phone call anyhow.   
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

It's showing up for me in the UK - but that's the "D&D Encounters: Undermountain EU-APAC" event which may have been entered with different parameters from the US one. 

Running D&D Adventurers League events in Sheffield, UK from August. Contact me for more details.

First see if you can sanction the event or not. It might just be me.

First thing I checked... Wink

No sanction ability here... Cry

Canada, btw...
I sent an email to CS and we'll see what they have to say.
I received an email from DCI:

"D&D Encounters
Scheduling closed

We're Min - Maxed!
As many of you may know, we closed D&D Encounters sanctioning earlier this week. We've run out of kits - that's the "min" part. There are over 700 D&D Encounters locations in the US and Canada - that's the "max"!

We know some organizers may not have been able to schedule all 12 D&D Encounters sessions before we needed to shut off scheduling. Rather than ask those organizers to send us their scheduling information, we're setting up extra events for those organizers.

If you are a D&D Encounters organizer, and weren't able to set up all 12 sessions, we'll set up the remaining events for you as soon as possible. You should receive the usual automated confirmation emails for those events soon."

Glad to see they "Maxed out", but...
Even though WOTC has run out of kits, couldn't they let locations still use a download version?

Since the rewards etc are paper based (no Minis) it shouldn't detract from the experience terribly... especially with a good DM... ;)

I got a reply from CS saying that they were going to send out an email to everyone letting us know what had happened. Your post would be the email they said they sent.

Glad to see they "Maxed out", but...
Even though WOTC has run out of kits, couldn't they let locations still use a download version?

Since the rewards etc are paper based (no Minis) it shouldn't detract from the experience terribly... especially with a good DM... ;)

Not going to happen. I asked Chris Tulach and the WPN rep I met before DDE started about electronic versions of the program and the response was that WotC wanted something tactile to give the players (the cards, table tents, the maps, etc.). They want exclusivity, something to draw people to the stores. There is also concerns about the e-versions getting out into the wild.

I too think its a mistake. It makes it hard to get the material to lots of judges (you run the risk of your materials not coming back). It makes difficult if your kit doesn't show up on time to run the event.

Shrug, not my call.

Bryan Blumklotz
Guardians of the Gameday Organizer
www.warhorn.org/guardiansofthegameday