Runes of Power: A Runepriest Handbook.

128 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just looked through the heroic powers. Most ratings look good there are a couple that jumped out at me as a bit off.

Rune of Arrow's Flight: Use this, and rune of mending on someone. One archer ranger with an action point can dish out 28 extra points with heightened accuracy. And that's with no other ranged contribution. I think this power needs more respect.

Rune of the Final Act: This is a good power, but I'm not feeling how much extra damage will pile on from the accumulation, before the target goes down thud. You might go up to +8 with a crowded party or some immediate/minor/action point attacks. That brings the average to +5. Not that impressive seeing how warlords do this sort of thing with an encounter power. I'd cap this at blue, not sky blue.

And there is one rating that jumped out at me as way off.

Rune of Unyielding Steel: If there ever was a red power, this is it. Black is way too generous. I'm giving up my standard action to do what exactly? No thanks.

omg, I gave it black rating not noticing that it was a standard.  I just assumed it was a minor like most effects like that.  Def going in the red pile of $@#$.

About Rune of the Final Act, there are alot of powers that can give everyone or almost everyone on your team a free basic attack.  When combined with that, it can deal +2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 = 65 dmg in one turn before they get a chance to save out of it, if everyone hits not including minor action attacks, multi-attacks, or action points (which probably more then make up for the miss chance of most characters esp if you give them your destruction bonus).

First rune of the arrows flight requires a hit, while rune of the final act works even on a miss.  Put it this way, that same ranger would deal +2,3,4,5 dmg from rune of the final act, and then +2 per attack with rune of mending for 22 damage for rune of the final act compared to the 28 , but as he has now brought the damage bonus up, the next person on his team gets +6 to damage, if there is anyone on the team that isnt a ranged attacker, I still think rune of the final act is going to be alot better (and even if your whole team is ranged, its situational and with enough minor attacks/multi-attacks rune of the final act will still do more damage).  While there is the very rare possability that rune of the arrow flight might be better is some rare situation, 95% of the time rune of the final act will be better imo, which is why rune of the arrows flight is purple.

Rune of Twilight's Beacon: This one probably ought to be black since it's essentially a stickiness enhancer - the whole idea is to encourage the creature to stay next to the defender and beat on him.

Most defenders tend to be fairly sticky already.  And it doesnt stop the creature from attacking something else, only from not ending its turn next to the defender.  Its best use is with ranged characters who eat an OA if they stay next to the defender or take the 5 damage every turn if they move away.  Even in this case though, I still like Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, alot more.  It does more damage (as its a huge burst with only 1 less W, so its def going to hit at least 2 people).  And 10% less damage from ALL creatures in the area, alot better then just 5 damage every turn (and that may not even do anything at all if they got some good burst/blasts or status effects).  For instance I may immobalize/restrain/stun you for one turn, then shift away eat 5 damage and its over.  Or maybe fly up into the air where the defender cant get adj and it ends.

About Rune of the Final Act, there are alot of powers that can give everyone or almost everyone on your team a free basic attack.  When combined with that, it can deal +2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 = 65 dmg in one turn before they get a chance to save out of it, if everyone hits not including minor action attacks, multi-attacks, or action points (which probably more then make up for the miss chance of most characters esp if you give them your destruction bonus).

Just to get one thing straightened out, the destruction bonus is a power bonus and does not stack. That's part of why I like it better in conjunction with a power that gives vulnerability.

First rune of the arrows flight requires a hit, while rune of the final act works even on a miss.

Yeah, working on a miss is a pretty big advantage for Rune of the Final Act, can't help but agree there.

While there is the very rare possability that rune of the arrow flight might be better is some rare situation, 95% of the time rune of the final act will be better imo, which is why rune of the arrows flight is purple.

Not sure about how rare. One ranged striker and one controller can create plenty of situations where they can abuse the vulnerability. A Wizard with Cloud of Daggers, a Warlock with Hellish Rebuke, a Druid with Storm Spike, a Seeker with Guardian Harrier can all potentially double dip into the vulnerability with their at-will powers. And there are a plethora of powers with some static modifier secondary damage that can be used to take advantage of the vulnerability.

I agree that the power is likely party dependent, and can be down right red if you don't have the right composition, but same way with many powers that grant melee basic attacks, when you don't have many people in your party with good melee attacks. And I'm certainly not saying it's better than Rune of the Final Act. But the difference between them is not quite purple to sky blue.
Just to get one thing straightened out, the destruction bonus is a power bonus and does not stack. That's part of why I like it better in conjunction with a power that gives vulnerability.

"Rune of Destruction: Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state." (PHB3 Pg99)

How do you see a power bonus in that?  Now it wouldnt stack with itself (as its two things from the same named source), but other then that it should stack with anything.

Rune of the final act is a power bonus, and its damage bonus wont stack, but it does stack with +to hit stuff.

Edit: Ah do you mean that rune of the final act wont stack with the rune of mending?  Yea you are quite right there.
I was talking about the rune of destruction bonus from rune of mending. Maybe I should have quoted this:

First rune of the arrows flight requires a hit, while rune of the final act works even on a miss.  Put it this way, that same ranger would deal +2,3,4,5 dmg from rune of the final act, and then +2 per attack with rune of mending

I don't understand putting Rune of Mending at blue. You never mention that it is 1d6 behind all other leaders' healing, more for clerics and bards. It is the biggest failing of Runepriests and deserves mention for those trying to decide which leader to play.

The extra boost for protection/destruction maybe balances it during fights, but a lot of leader healing goes on between encounters when there is no fight going on. Getting 1d6 less HP out of every surge spent is severe, especially at levels 1-5.
I agree with your argument against Rune of Mending, but I disagree with dropping it below Blue. The reason why is because I believe that the default Leader healing feature should be Sky Blue by default, because of the sheer power the feature has. The fact that he ranks Rune of Mending below that is enough.

You have to take Rune of Mending as a whole package as well. If you use it, you can easily drop it in its protection form - granting an AC bonus (team takes less damage) and giving nearby allies damage resistance from your class features (team takes less damage). So yeah...you heal less. But you've taken less damage in the first place. So it's not that bad.

It really isn't, and that's why it should still be Blue. However, the point about out-of-combat healing that he mentions is important. Those extra d6's add up in the short rests.
Aye, but there's not too much of a difference. Not a big one anyway - most of the leaders don't get that much of an edge of the Rune Priest in out of combat healing. Not Warlords without feat expenditure, not Bards, not Ardents. Not Shamans - who do single target healing just as bad as the Rune Priest. Artificers do it very well, Clerics do it very well. Compared to other leaders, Runepriest healing is almost par the course really. They don't heal as well out of combat near as top two (Clerics and Artificers - especially wis focused Artificers) but they heal almost as well as everyone else. And, thanks to their class features / rune of mending's specials, potentially being very defensive their team probably took less damage per enemy attack than the team of a comparable leader in the first place.

At the end of the day though, what hurts Rune of Mending the most is its lack of support. There's one feat that boosts it and that isn't any help outside of combat. With a Divine Power 2, I think they'll be peachy.
Not buying these missing a d6 healing is weak arguments. My warlord would drop a d6 of healing any day of the week to give himself and his allies a +2/4/6 bonus to damage in a 5/10/15 burst 2-3 times per encounter.

If you need extra healing, grab Rune of Endless Fire, and Shield of Sacrifice or something.

If you're used to playing a cleric, I'm sure the Runepiest healing looks very wimpy. That's because it's power lays elsewhere.

And I'm sure support for the Runepriest healing is on its way for those who must have moar healing. I fully expect a Potent Runes version of Potent Restorables.

But even without any help, Rune of Mending is quite strong on its own. 
I would just like to say that I have been playing a Goliath (wrathful hammer) Runepriest in D&D Encounters and I absolutely LOVE the class!

The party composition has been different the two times we've played so far. First session we had:
Elf Monk
Warforged Taclord
Longtooth Shifter Strike-adin
Halfling Rogue
Githzerai Avenger
(+ me)

The rogue proved to be extremely fragile (23 HP, 6 surges) and so I learned after the first heal I gave him to let the Warlord handle his healing in the future, but the party certainly loved getting the damage bonus--as did I. How many leaders get to buff their own damage, and for 2 rounds no less!  Due to the encounter layout I ended up tanking most of the monsters for most of the fight. (The Paladin's lack of Athletics and Acrobatics forced him to waste the first two turns climbing down, then climbing back up on the other side--whereas I jumped the 20ft gap with ease.) I was quick to use my heals simply because it was obvious just how much of a DPR boost they were for the party. And being surrounded by enemies worked out well in that I was granting +1 to hit against a bunch of enemies for most of the fight. 

The second session we lost 2 of the players as the store had to run two groups, so it was just:
Elf Monk
Warforged Taclord
Longtooth Shifter Strike-adin
(+ me)

This time we blew the encounter away. We took out the big threat (a L3 human guard i believe) in just a round and a half thanks to my nova set up. I used Rune of Mending to heal the hefty damage the guard dished out before I got to go, then spent an AP to use Divine Rune of Thunder (sadly missing), then followed it up with Rune of Diminishment (destruction) and hitting for 1d10+4 and most importantly imposing vulnerability 2 all.  Then the rest of the party followed suit spending APs to capitalize on the +4 to damage and +1 to hit the guard.  He died at the top of round 2 when the monk dished out 1d8+14 damage to him plus 1d8+7 to another enemy.   From then on we were on mop up mode.

By contrast, the DM told us that the previous party (which consisted of the rogue and avenger from our first session plus the pregen Cleric and a Battlemind) nearly got TPKed. The guard lasted most of the fight and kept dishing out massive damage with his halberd obliterating the Battlemind.  Supposedly, the Cleric's Astral Seal healing 9 surge-free HP was the only thing that prevented the TPK. On the other hand, the Battlemind got the 50+ damage in an encounter reknown award, and the cleric got the revive a dying character award.

Anyway, my point is that the party wide damage bonus they can hand out 2-3 times per encounter is awesome. I think in a party designed to take advantage of it, will easily finish encounters quickly enough to make up for the 2d6-3d6 worth of HP they lose out on compared to other leaders.

-Malk
To be honest, I'm dying to try out the Runepriest myself. Warforged Wrathful Hammer Runepriest with a Mordenkrad and Plate just sounds so AWESOME (and has the mechanical muscle to back it up).

@obsid: If you want, you can make Rune of Mending Sky Blue, like I believe all Leader heals should be, and add a side bar about it being only Blue for out-of-combat healing at early levels (1-5).
To be honest, I'm dying to try out the Battlemind myself. Warforged Wrathful Hammer Battlemind with a Mordenkrad and Plate just sounds so AWESOME (and has the mechanical muscle to back it up).

Yeah, this class is significantly more awesome the people give it credit for. It's got one of the best put-together power sets of any class, and I'm pretty sure it out DPRs the monk right now.
To be honest, I'm dying to try out the Battlemind myself. Warforged Wrathful Hammer Battlemind with a Mordenkrad and Plate just sounds so AWESOME (and has the mechanical muscle to back it up).

Battlemind, LDB? Sounds like those psychics are getting inside your head @ . @
@.@... Indeed.

Serves me right for trying to tweak a Battlemind build while thinking (and typing) about the Runepriest... I can only have so many classes in my head at a time.
Great work on the handbook so far obsid! Looking forward to trying out a Minotaur Runepriest when my group gets to delve sessions soon. Opportunity Gore and Goring Shove really increase the usefulness of the Minotaur's Goring Charge, especially for a class like this.
I am likewise excited about this class.  Normally leaders dont excite me all that much, but looking at the powers down the road that runepriests get to play with I'm astonished. 

Yeah, this class is significantly more awesome the people give it credit for. It's got one of the best put-together power sets of any class, and I'm pretty sure it out DPRs the monk right now.

The Runepriest has greater DPR than the monk?

How so?
"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23
What about a Battlemind-Runepriest?

Battlemind powers are Con based and the Runic Artistry (Wrathful) of the Runepriest would seem to synergize well.

too bad Battlemind marking isn't stickier...
"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23
I need to know your opinion about my idea. I play a little sunday evening campaign with my husband and we're going to start p2 on easter's evening. Our party is divine-based and we finished p1 with this composition

Elf chaser Avenger
1/2 elf Cha paladin
elf laser cleric

I usually play the cleric and the avenger while my husband leads the "party". Since i actually don't like playing a true striker could i use a wrathful runepriest instead maybe changing the palading to a dragonborn strength paladin to add some damage? I've been loving the rune-concept in my years of playing d&d and i want to try it again.

Chauntea/Lathander/Torm Cleric since 1995 My husband married a DM - καλὸς καὶ ἀγαθός

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/14.jpg)

You could, but one thing to note about the runepriest, a lot of his powers grant bonus's to your whole party, this means with a small party the runepriest isnt as good.  My ratings are based off an avr sized 5 person party, you will likely find that several of the things that I rated very high (such as the rune of the final act), are totaly useless in a small party.
I'm trying to build a goliath runepriest (12th), and need some help with feats and equipment. Everything I'm picking up is feeling rather generic, and not very "leader" flavored. Perhaps it's the narrow options available, but wanted to see if you could throw some more ideas.

Feats:
1. Goliath Weapon Prowess (using a maul)
2. Toughness (I intend to get in the thick of things, and want to be hit)
4. Versatile Expertise (hammer and spear?)
6. Disciple of Divine Wrath (double roll when I need it)
8. Markings of the Victor (double roll for start of combat encounter or daily)
10. Mark of Healing (don't have a lot of save granting powers otherwise)
11. Unfailing Courage (don't want to waste healing powers on myself if I can help it) 
12. Unyielding Stone (again continuing to try and turn into a ball of hit points)

Aside from Mark of Healing, I have no other leader-like feats. The feat selection feels more like a defender/striker, than a leader. (In case you need to know for prerequisites, stats at 12th are 21/21/12/11/14/9)

I pondered the rune feats but they seem so weak compared to other options, unless I can get armfuls of them.

Items:
Dwarven Wyvernscale +3 (again, trying to make sure I don't have to spend a rune of mending on myself)
Amulet of Scales +3 (daily resist to flexible energy sounded good, but might be overkill with the tattoo)
Dynamic Maul +3 (cheaper than having to invest in a javelin)
Iron Armbands
Strikebacks (instant gratification of Wrathful hammer bonus)
Acrobat Boots (nothing worse than having to stand up as a move action and charge)
Demonskin Tattoo (I just wanted a cheap tattoo being a runepriest and all)
1000 gp, don't know what to do with waist and/or head slots.

Again, I'm open to some better weapon suggestions and neck slot suggestions that might help me feel more leader-like. I'm not too interested in actual healing, but granting attack/damage bonuses, saves, or out of turn movement would be good, even if it's in the form of an item daily. I know you don't have items up yet, but hopefully this'll get you thinking.
Currently, Runepriest builds *aren't* very leader-focused in their feats.  The leader-boosting feats just aren't there.  If you want somethign that'll do the leader thing a bit better, but still have that runepriest flavor, I might suggest a Warlord|Runepriest.  Given that you're using a two-handed weapon anyway, your AC will only drop by 1, and you can fix that by either taking enough dex to qualify for scale prof or grabbing Battlefront Leader and the Battlefront Leader scale-granting feat.  Take runic artistry (I believe that's the one) as your hybrid talent and you've opened up a whole lot of extra potential leaderness without costing yourself all that much of the runepriest flavor.

Alternately, if you don't like the idea of hybriding warlord, consider MCing warlord.  MP2 packs a number of tasty "help out my allies when they spend an AP" MC feats for warlord, and because they're all the same class, you can take as many as you have the feats for.  It won't *quite* make you as good as a normal warlord in novaboosting, but it'll make a lot of headway in that direction.

This can be particularly appealing for characters in groups with strong MBAs - you can use runepriest to provide tasty static boosts, and warlord to hand out attacks that exploit them.

Instead of Dynamic, consider dipping into the recent Channel Divinity: Moradin for a Dwarven Thrower.  Given that there's no way to get expertise in two weapon types with a single feat, I think it really is what you're looking for.
I already play a warlord, didn't want to do another one, even in hybrid form (though I'll look at the MC feats), I really just want to explore the Runepriest. I like the class powers fine on their own. Guess I'll just be part time striker/survivor for feat selections unless there is anything I'm missing.

Dwarven Thrower is definitely a better idea, I'll switch to that, and downgrade the amulet to a vanilla +3.
I'd certainly suggest taking platemail.  You've got the str and con for it, and the DR you can get for it is pure love as far as a wrathful hammer is concerned.  Hammer Rhythm is also fairly compelling, I'd think.
Someone described Runepriests as being the most aggressive of all of the leader classes published to date, and this is why their feat selection (especially as a wrathful, who WANTS to draw some fire) generally ends up looking similar to a striker/defender build.

I'd agree with swapping out some of the heroic feats for Hammer Rhythm and Plate if you can manage it though.
I'd certainly suggest taking platemail.  You've got the str and con for it, and the DR you can get for it is pure love as far as a wrathful hammer is concerned.  Hammer Rhythm is also fairly compelling, I'd think.

Considered both.

I felt Toughness was a better investment. Compared to Toughness and Unyielding stone, which give 10/11 HP's, I'm not sure I'll be hit 10/11 times to cover the difference, especially since I have resist all 10 for one round each encounter anyway and the resistance doesn't stack. With Spectre Plate this may become more worthwhile, until epic when I get Ancient Stone. Since I already qualify for plate easily, I was going to pick it up, but I convinced myself to stick with Scale and save the feat for the moment.

I definitely am tempted by Hammer Rhythm sometime during paragon. I just thought I'd start with the extra durability stuff for survival, and add it later, though I could retrain Markings of the Victor for it, and pick Markings of the Victor up again next time I get a feat.
Bonus: +2 Will, given you will have a high fort, this helps protect against some of the nasty daze/dominate vs will attacks.

Pretty sure they don't get that.  At least the D&D Comp doesn't show it.
Worth noting that damage you don't take is damage you don't have to heal, but your point has virtue.  I think a fair amount of it depends on how good your defender is, and how much of a psuedo-defender you're intending to be yourself.
Bonus: +2 Will, given you will have a high fort, this helps protect against some of the nasty daze/dominate vs will attacks.

Pretty sure they don't get that.  At least the D&D Comp doesn't show it.

It's a bug in the Compendium and Character Builder.

Acknowledged here.

Tibis Refugee of many worlds
Since they've got Str, Wis, and Con, I'm a fan of Polearm Gamble with Runepriest. Wield a halberd and mix in Savage Axe, and you can potentially add double your con when making OAs.

Add Agile Opportunist and Stonefoot Reprisal, to ensure you make *lots* of opportunity attacks.

Couple of quick notes:

On Word of Shielding, you've compared the destruction effect to Word of Exchange, but these two powers will rarely be on the same character.  Did you mean to compare it to Word of Diminishment?

On Rune of the Ember of Wrath, note that the ember of wrath effect only triggers on melee or ranged attacks, so you can't trigger it with a close or area AoE.  Multi-attack powers could be useful, but aren't they always?  On the other hand, it's not completely worthless if you look at it as basically 5 extra damage on each melee or ranged attack that two different enemies have to save against before it goes away.  Not sure how I feel about this one, either.

Not that this stuff makes it into most handbooks, but a particularly good (from my limited experience) partner for a wrathful hammer runepriest is a bravura warlord.

Currently, i'm playing in a group with a charge-happy goliath wrathful hammer with an avalanche maul and a badge of the berserker. My character is an only-slightly-less-charge-happy bravura dragonborn warlord with a vanguard flail and badge of the berserker. Here's some of the combos that really make it happen, even at our lowly level 4

flattening charge 1d10+1d8+5 / charge 4d6+9
brash assault 1d10+5/ MBA 2d6+9
word of alliance 4d6+7 / lamb to the slaughter 4d6+9 + other party members

this of course mostly ignores the static bonuses that the runepriest almost always has up and the MBAs from action points that the warlord gives. However, the runepriest player and I are quite excited for this one:

Rune of the final act / lamb to the slaughter (with foesnare from the local swordmage) / everyone spend some action points.

I'm figuring (depending on how much we hit of course) upwards of 150 points of bonus damage because of Rune of Doom Spanking (aka rune of the final act),

At level 9, we are looking forward to adding in rune of boundless fury into this combo.

Edit: to illustrate the point, let me show how a round of combat might go
 runepriest - move, Rune of Mending, Rune of the Final Act,
       AP->Word of Alliance + MBA
       rune of final doom bonus at +4 to damage
 warlord - move to near rogue, Lamb to the Slaughter (tags runepriest, avenger , and swordmage with foesnare) enhanced by word of alliance and rune of final act now.
        dragon breath (minor)
       AP->Brash Assault (provoke overextension later) to grant MBA to rogue (he's not used sneak) or Runepriest (who just does good damage)
        word of alliance should be giving about a +4-5 now
        rune of final act has the potential to be up to +10 (remember, that's per hit, cumulative)
 rogue - dazing strike, sneak in the attack
       AP->whatever he's got, MBA
       +13 for rune of final doom at this point
avenger - overwhelming strike
       AP-> overwhelming strike, overwhelming strike. Hopefully he's not pulled him too far away, but away from the warlord and the runepriest is OK here
      +16 for rune of final doom
swordmage - something here
       AP-> another attack in here. and an MBA
      +19 for rune of final doom

Assuming that the target gets a shot in there, Vengeance is Mine gives another 2 cumulative.

Just dropping by, after reading the thread, to relay my own Runepriest experience.  My buddy decided to give me a break from DM'ing, because he was getting the bug, so we ran a test session a few nights ago at level 3, to give him a crash-course on 4e DMing.  Unfortunately, we were missing one of our party members, so IDK what he's gonna be, but it looks like composition is: 
Gnome Wrath Invoker, Dragonborn Inspiring Warlord, Minotaur Wrath Runepriest(me!) and Drow Stonefist Monk.

Everyone loved their characters and we had a lot of fun.  It was a bit skewed for me, because I went with the healing powers, but the monk didn't show up until late in the evening, so it was just the Warlord and I on the front lines and I didn't really get a lot of bang out of the AoE healing, like I'd hoped.

But I will second the poster who says that a warlord makes an amazing battle buddy for a Runepriest.  We were like some macabre death-machine!!  It worked out awesome.  He spammed Furious Smash, granting me +4 attack and damage.  I, in turn, granted him Resistance, and forced the mob's attacks to generate THP, leaving them in a lose-lose.  If the mob goes for the warlord, they can count on dealing 1-4 damage.  If they attack me, they're better off, BUT then they trigger Wrath, and risk Bloodied Ferocity coming up as well.

Plus, it was just viscerally satisfying layering Flames of Purity overtop of him and some baddies, then watching him light them up with Dragon Breath+Attack
So, I'm playing around with a level 6 human Runepriest, and I'm wondering how best to recover from the intentional sacrifice I've made. I really, really want Linguist for flavor reasons, so I gave him a 13 INT. I know that INT is a dump stat for Runepriests, but I want to do this anyway. The problem is that I can't figure out how best to recover from the situation and distribute the rest of my stats. This is what I've come up with so far, at level 6:

Starting (Final) Stats:
16 (19) STR
14 (15) CON
10 DEX
13 INT
14 WIS
8 CHA

I'm pretty sure that this isn't the best way to distribute stats. I went with Wrathful Hammer so that I could afford the CON for platemail (Martyr's Rimefire Plate looks like an excellent level+1 item), but the lack of a good Will save makes me nervous, so I put points into WIS as well. Should I do something differently, either with the stats or the Artistry or both? Yes, I know that the best answer would be to drop INT, but that's not the question. I want to know what I can do to keep my 13 INT and still contribute to my party.
Take 12 int, wait till Paragon. Also accept the fact your going to have a two weak NADs by going con/str, unless you need them for feat quals those wis points aren't doing a whole lot.
So, I'm playing around with a level 6 human Runepriest, and I'm wondering how best to recover from the intentional sacrifice I've made. I really, really want Linguist for flavor reasons, so I gave him a 13 INT. I know that INT is a dump stat for Runepriests, but I want to do this anyway. The problem is that I can't figure out how best to recover from the situation and distribute the rest of my stats. This is what I've come up with so far, at level 6:

Starting (Final) Stats:
16 (19) STR
14 (15) CON
10 DEX
13 INT
14 WIS
8 CHA

I'm pretty sure that this isn't the best way to distribute stats. I went with Wrathful Hammer so that I could afford the CON for platemail (Martyr's Rimefire Plate looks like an excellent level+1 item), but the lack of a good Will save makes me nervous, so I put points into WIS as well. Should I do something differently, either with the stats or the Artistry or both? Yes, I know that the best answer would be to drop INT, but that's not the question. I want to know what I can do to keep my 13 INT and still contribute to my party.

The WIS points are useful. It keeps open the option of using either Rune on some of the good powers that are Neutral/Defiant. Boosting WIL defense is also nice, leaving only REF to have to work on.
Sign In to post comments