Encounters background questions

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi All,

So a player at my last Wednesday run of encounters asked about backgrounds. I don't remember seeing anything about it in the adventure booklet and so didn't have an answer to give. Backgrounds are a part of LFR, which leads me to believe that they would be availbile for players to use.

What is the general opinion on backgrounds?

Thanks,
Backgrounds - I like 'em!  Gives the character a friendly little boost.

I actually reproduced all the Pre-Gen characters that came with the adventure, so all players would be using character builder sheets.  In doing so, I gave each character the Waterdeep background with a +2 Diplomacy boost.  This seemed fair since most of them weren't good at this skill anyway and it wasn't a Min/Max combat type benefit. 

My justification is that the program invites use of character builder, and folks using character are invariably going to add a background just because they can.  So easier to let ALL characters have one.
The character creation rules are simple in that most any content is allowed.

This includes backgrounds - be they from the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, Dragon Magazine, or even the Eberron Player's Guide.
WolfStar76 Community Advocate (SVCL) for D&D Organized Play, Avalon Hill, and the DCI/WPN LFR Community Manager DDi Guide

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This is cool. I also did not know this and will be adding a background to my encounters character as well. Good looking out!
Sign In to post comments