Boba Fett Spoilers

Ugh. Mystery is better. I'm not sure I want them to try and tell us how Boba feels and how he gets his 'revenge', etc. Just the thought of him being sold to the kiddies as a little upturned-nosed kid in plain clothes leading his little band on a vengence mission makes me a little nauseous. He's a loner, not a gang leader. I'm not sure exactly what the context is in that picture, but where's the armor? The armament? They couldn't leave their fingers out of every pie.
Well, I know I'm one of the first ones to come in and rant about just this kind of thing.

But it SOUNDS like Lucas and Fioloni know what shaky ground they are on.

But I gave up on Boba Fett ever being cool again when he screamed like a girl and hit Jabba's Sail barge. I gave up even more when they added the scene of him flirting with dancing girls.

I loved the part in this column where Jeremy Bulloch explains the whole "Cobra" thing. Man, he WAS Boba Fett. He totally got the character. Too bad other people have been ruining it ever since.

But for those of you who didn't know, this:
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_Fett:_The_F...
and the following books have been around for a while. I wonder how bad Lucas and Fioloni will **** that author's work. 
Oh yeah, they did make it sound like they knew they were on shaky ground, but I'm not going to hold my breath that it'll make a difference.

As for the book, it wouldn't be so bad if they maybe worked to combine everybody who wrote much of anything about the clone wars into the show, bring together all those little bits, but treading all over them is different.

I also enjoyed the Jeremy Bulloch part of the article. What I really didn't like is when that superfan said that the younger generations 'need' a little un-armored pig-nosed emotionally turmoiled teenage Fett in order to 'relate' to the 'real' character. Sorry, that ain't what Fett is. You want Fett, go watch Episode V.
RUINED FOREVER!

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
Oh yeah, they did make it sound like they knew they were on shaky ground, but I'm not going to hold my breath that it'll make a difference.

As for the book, it wouldn't be so bad if they maybe worked to combine everybody who wrote much of anything about the clone wars into the show, bring together all those little bits, but treading all over them is different.

I also enjoyed the Jeremy Bulloch part of the article. What I really didn't like is when that superfan said that the younger generations 'need' a little un-armored pig-nosed emotionally turmoiled teenage Fett in order to 'relate' to the 'real' character. Sorry, that ain't what Fett is. You want Fett, go watch Episode V.

Totally agreed on all points. Heck, I think Fett should have DIED in RotJ in an EPIC scene where he uses every last gadget on his armor in an attempt to kill Luke, and Luke finally cuts his head off and THAT falls into the Sarlaac. End messages: Fett was BADASS, Luke has therefore become BADASS. You could even have Luke do some "un Jedi-like" things during the fight to show that he's on the ropes and maybe the only way he can beat Fett is to tap into the Dark Side. Hmmmm. That might have made those scenes at the end where Luke is with the Emperor that much more dramatic if we had already seen how close Luke was to teetering on the edge of the Dark Side in the first place.

But that would be forshadowing and character depth and Lucas has shunned that in favor of the storytelling tools of Our Gang comedies. 

RUINED FOREVER!

Nope.

A. A decent retcon can fix any/all of this.

B. Fett was ruined a long time ago. Now he may just be MORE ruined.

Think of it this way. If you throw a rod in your 1965 MachIII AC/Shelby Cobra 427, a beautiful piece of engineering and history is ruined. If someone comes along and repaints it pink with Hello Kitty on the hood, it's MORE RUINED, if someone puts reverse gold rims and underglow on it, IT'S EVEN MORE RUINED, etc. etc. ad nauseum. 
The fact that they refer to older fans as cranky indicates to me that they are not going to care about what people who dislike the CW series think. It's quite discouraging.
Quote from Emporerdragon: And I'd consider comparing it to the voxyn a poor comparison. The voxyn was a 1-beast army capable of reducing entire squads to ruin without breaking a single drop of acidic sweat. The box is a ****ing box. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre. Everyone else has a lightsaber, but i made a saberstaff. ==========================>IIIIIIIIYYYYIIIIIIII(========================== My sig was way better before the dark times... before the BETA.

But I gave up on Boba Fett ever being cool again when he screamed like a girl and hit Jabba's Sail barge.

I think that scene was just another excuse for Ben Burtt to use a Wilhelm Scream.
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
Sign In to post comments