Free Character Concepts (pliz steal)

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
Because if I ever get to play I always DM and that does not stop me from coming up with player character concepts, I'll list here a few so they may see play somewhere, sometime.
Feel free to comment or add your own.

1. Halfling ranger from a swamp dwelling community
You live in a little village located in a swamp. Your neighbors make a living mostly from fishing and hunting small prey, but not you. You are a ward and a tracker. Whenever your fellow halflings spot something possibly dangerous or are feeling nearby lizardmen or bullywugs might act hostile, they go to you first - that is if you don't already know of it.
You feel good in the swamp among your kin and you're suspicious of outsiders.
Lately you've found something strange in the swamp. You don't know what might it mean and how to deal with it. You know the village needs outside help.
Surprisingly, the village council have decided that it is you who shall travel to nearby town or city and seek help. You are bound to obey the elders, so, grudgingly, you have packed your swords/bow/animal companion and gone seeking help from "tall people".

2. Unsympathetic brawny drow rogue
It's cool to be a self-centered backstabbing a-hole. Being surrounded by them is getting on your nerves. Besides, even though you revere Lolth, you don't really have stomach for some of those more vile rites and customs. So you packed your katar, donned a cloak and decided to brave the surface. From what you've learned from your kin, they should be gullible enough. Who knows, maybe you can fool them into thinking you're a legendary hero!

3. Duty-bound drow monk
While following your gang leader around the tunnels nearby your city, you've noticed a strange sitting figure. It was an elderly greenish humanoid in tattered robe sitting silently with his eyes closed. On his neck he wore an interesting amulet. Your fellows noticed him as well and decided to have some fun with him. Annoyingly, he wasn't responding to any threats or insults and seemed deaf to your taunts. Frustrated, your gang leader reached for his amulet.
You learned how great mistake did she make a few seconds later, when you were all lying on the ground, not knowing what hit you. You and your gang ran away before the old guy could deliver any more blows and kicks.
You were hurt, but you've also became fascinated in the old geezer's strength. You've gone alone to the same place and found him meditating in the same spot. You've tried to convince him to teach you, but he has not responded up until you decided to leave the drow community and meditated with him for a full day and night. After that he told you what he was - a githzerai - and he started teaching you what it is to be a monk.
After a few months you were ready to aid him in his quest - to hunt down a mind flayer tyrant hiding in those tunnels. You kept his thralls busy while your master went for the kill. He managed to land the killing blow, but not before taking fatal damage. In his dying words he asked you to take his amulet to his home monastery in the Elemental Chaos and report that he has fulfilled his mission.
Knowing that you cannot count on your former drow friends and you would surely die in the nether plane alone, you decided to seek aid on the surface, living up to your late master expectancies.

Hope you like them!
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png

Very nice, I like the halfling in particular.
I hope this thread goes on, I often struggle with concepts beyond "Me dwarf, kill with axe, drink beer !"

4. Baredsoul barbarian
You are a barbarian. You are as tough, mean and furious as they come.
You basicly wrote the book on raging. Even slight annoyances, such as a fly buzzing around the room, can set your adrenalin pumping and the red haze of the beserker grasps you.

However, anger management isnt your only problem.
Any and all emotions tend to swell and overflow within you.
You cry tears of pure joy at a beautiful wedding, or howl with tear-filled grief at a funeral.
And you didn't even know those people !
In another life you might have been a successful poet or a bard, and able to channel your emotions in a more constructive manner.
But here you are, a battlescarred brute, wandering the world.
Hoping that a life as an adventurer might harden your sensetive soul.

I am White/Green
5. Renovator Dwarf Cleric
You've heard of Fallcrest. It's been a century since the Bloodspear invasion, but the city is still mostly in ruins. Still, when you arrived you were surprised by the scale of destruction. Fallcrest needs to be rebuilt. And, by Erathis, you will make sure it will!
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
6. Newborn Revenant
You don't remember your past and you tend to take up the antics, quirks and expressions of you party members, but you seamlessly change from one to another (from the raging barbarian, to the pios cleric or whatever). As you level up you start to form your own personality and at the same time you start to remember flashes of your past life and it was not a pleasant one...

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg)

7. Displaced Hobgoblin
Hobgoblins have hatred and supremacy beat into them as part of their upbringing. This orphan of a crushed raiding party grew up among humans and short of some sharp teeth and a little bit of a temper, he doesn't see what makes him so different or special compared to the humans he's known for as long as he can remember. The implications for those who know him are hard to know think about. What makes hobgoblins so different from humans, anyway...?
The Smithy Knew He'd Lost His Groove When Scalding Sparks Left His Chin Too Smooth Dwarvenshave

(for nongender specific concepts, I typically use just male or female pronouns by default)

8. The Penitent Knight
Though seeing a powerless Knight or Paladin is something of legends speaking of evil curses or divine punishment, this poor soul believes she is unworthy of the powers she was denied or has committed blasphemy against her deity.  Though she may have divine power or lack it, she can't help but seek redemption for her crimes.   Variations include: she actually did commit some sin, that the congregation considers her a sinner when she is not, or that she has begun to lose faith.

Fits for: Martial Classes, Divine Classes.

Go to preferences at the top of the page to create a sig. If you have just figured out how to create a sig, like me, copy this into your sig.

(for nongender specific concepts, I typically use just male or female pronouns by default)

That's why I refer to the concepts as "you", to avoid specifying gender ;)
9. Improvisational Barbarian
Most raging warriors find the biggest weapon they can to serve as the leading end of their fury, greataxes, mauls, anything heavy and deadly.  You are not so civilized.  You have a rock, and it suits you just fine.  If you ever lose your rock, you take whatever's at hand, broken furniture, a sufficiently sized tree limb, you're not picky.  If there's nothing to grab, fists are made for punching.  You know there is little in this world that can't be put to the task of braining your enemies.
This is the happy swamp. Love it. I am red/blue, I think logically and act impulsively.

I prefer a character/player divorce of third person pronouns, but, whatever works is good, da?

Go to preferences at the top of the page to create a sig. If you have just figured out how to create a sig, like me, copy this into your sig.
10: The Wanderlust Shopkeeper
After supplying materials and provisions for countless adventurers in your hometown, curiosity has gotten the best of you. After turning over operation of the shop to your cousin, you pack up the rudimentary supplies you carry in your shop (you've heard every story and will never be caught unprepared!) and go in search of companions to defeat legendary evils. Oh yeah, you may want to go buy a sword too.

11: That Guy
A tavern brawler and storyteller of some renown, you can't help but be in awe of yourself. some people may think you're vain, but they also know that you can back up most any claim you make. You constantly tell stories of where you're from, who you are and where you'll be next. No one knows if any of them are true, or even what your real name is. whenver you walk into a tevern, the barkeep looks around and says "great. it's That Guy again."
12. The Penitent Pickpocket

You grew up on the streets and by the time you could spell your own name you were an artist at deceit and pickpocketry.  One night you picked the wrong pocket and found yourself caught in the harsh grasp of Abram, a cleric of Avandra.  You were scrawny and slippery as a sewer rat, but you found you could not escape his iron grasp.  He saw your audaciousness as a strength and with the muttered blessing "Fortune favors the bold" took you back with him to the temple.  You stayed for the winter, the first winter indoors you had ever known, and in that time your grasp of reading went beyond a few basic words to the flowery prose of liturgical texts. 

As the icy grasp of winter left the city Abram knew you were not to be redeemed and thus join the brotherhood, but he sought to at least to temper your blade.  He taught you of the evils committed by men of mechant and noble ranks and sought you to pit your skills against a worthy foe, not innocent laborers.  One day with the promise of spring in the air you knew the time was right and left Abram's cloistered cell and you fell like a shadow back into the dark streets. 

You don't know if you buy completely into what Abram preached, but you will always hold a warm spot for the kindly cleric, and a portion of each of your findings eventually finds it's way into an Avandrian temple.  On lonely nights you take out the holy symbol you took from Abram's cell, not the jeweled one he wore every day, but the simple silver one he kept with his clothing.
13. The innocent warlock
You grew up normally, with nothing significant happening apart from mysterious loss of your father shortly after your birth. However, one day you started shooting fire from your fingertips all of a sudden and you are feeling alien energy flowing through you. From the local mages you've learned that the source of your power is infernal and normally it would require to sign a pact with a fiend to gain it. You wouldn't know how to summon a devil and you don't remember signing anything. What is the meaning of this? Does it have something to do with your father's death?
14. Extreme Conditioning

For better or for worse, your talents aren't what most would consider natural.  You learned by (unnatural) magical tutelage or through conditions that would kill most people.  Many trained like you are not self-aware or weren't even humanoid to begin with.  Why have you gained a choice in what you do?  Do your former master(s) wish to recapture you?  Are you hunted by something worse than you?  Do you hide your nature?  What about you betrays your true nature?
15. The runnaway sorcerer

Throught your whole life you've lived a relatively peaceful life, with no other worry other than food, drink and work (or lack of, if you were a noble), but then, something happened, but not in a grand portent like a warlock, but the simple, and powerful, release of magic from within you.

Perhaps others shunned you, perhaps you were simply afraid, either way, you ran away, and now you live every breathing moment of your life to master this gift (or curse, if you think of it that way).
It's been a long time since I've been here, but there was a thread here once that was very much like this one.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Feel free to steal from this too.

And to keep things going:

16. The Dwarf-Raised Drow

For some reason, your drow kin abandoned you in the Underdark to die.  But rather than being food for the beasts and other creatures of that terrible place, you were rescued by a band of dwarves, who, against their better judgment, brought you back to their delve.  You were adopted by the community, and have been raised with good, clean Moradite values.

Despite the fact that you live like a good dwarf should, you understand that you're very different from your "family" and so you've decided to become an adventurer, not just to show the world that drow aren't just backstab-happy-spider-b*tches, but also to do the dwarves who raised you proud.

Rather than displaying the typical angst and conflict most drow PCs experience, you're stoic, resolute and loyal, just like you were taught to be, and have taken a career that suits the people who raised you more than meshes with your own natural talents.
17. The Drow Bard
By Drow standards you were never sane. As soon as you heard about this thing called "light" "surface" and "other races" you were curious about it, despite all the admonishments that the people around that it was a bad place, even when you were like six you were like "but have you ever been there?" they'd reply "no" and you'd say "then do you know if they are bad if you've never met them?"
In fact you were so curious you got out of the drow city very early- as in before you ever realized that your race was evil.

By pure luck you you made it to the surface, a mentor found you and realized that your a naive drow who has no idea about the world at all, you were trained to be a bard, one day you just decided that you've learned all you needed to and wandered off, leaving a note to your mentor saying farewell.

You now adventure around, doing good stuff. Having never realized you race was evil and since your not exactly the most observant person in the world, you just think the drow town you came from was just a little harsh but not evil, you think everyone is joking when they say drow are evil and when you really do realize that drow are in fact evil- you will just shrug it off, hey your living proof to the contrary, so what? You'll just carry on being foolish and happy knowing that you are a unique person instead of angsting.
A bit of a stretch as it goes outside of most warforged creation, but place an abandoned forge and it is plausible.  

18. The Repenting Warforged

You weren't always this way.  Many years ago you were a proud and powerful (insert race).  You were a master of the dark arts and feared nothing save your master (Evil deity of your choice).  As you were about to complete a ritual which would give you ultimate power, something made you doubt.  Was it the look on the dying child's face?  The memory of a loved-one long dead?  Regardless, the ritual failed and your master destroyed your body but spared your soul.

You find yourself in an odd body.  You have metal and stone for skin and wood for muscle.  You've been given a second chance at life.  How?  Why?  Most importantly, will you use this opportunity to right the evils you brought upon the world, or will you instead pick up where you left off?
19. The Nobles' Pet

An uncivilized or poor wretch were you in your youth.  For one reason or another, a noble picked you up.  Perhaps your people were conquered and a knight, lord, or lady showed mercy upon you, or maybe a princess nearly stepped on you while you were laying in the street and you were taken to the castle due to her sympathy.

No matter how you got into the lap of luxury, you were never content there.  You were happy to be fed, but you never really would fit in.  Maybe you took to being an adventurer to accomplish your duties or to seek thrills, but you won't find yourself resting on the throne happily like your liege...
Now something I dubbed "Monstrous Regiment":

20. The Boastful Hobgoblin Warlord
You know you're great and you were born to be this way. You will lead people to great deeds. Nothing is going to stop you or anyone under your command! Other hobgoblins think you might be a little off. Well, too bad for them. You set off to fulfill your destiny!

21. The Orc Monk
You discovered something funny - when you think much and concentrate your brain starts to hurt, but your fists are harder and kicks swifter. You need not rage. You calm down and you're stronger.
Eye thinks that is not orc way and you are bad for the tribe. He sent some boys to take you down, but you got better of their weak minds. Chieftain thinks you're strong and good, but he listens to Eye. So he let you leave.
Now you wander, tribe-less and without home, but you're not particularly unhappy about it.

22. The Bullywug Paladin
Time ago, when you were still fresh from being a 'pole, you went out on patrol with a few fellows. You've encountered a weird man. Clearly a threat to the tribe, you attacked him. He killed all but you with ease, shouting about some Bahamut fellow. He spared you "to let your kin surrender", but you were too busy being awestruck by this display of power.
When sneaking around halfling village, you've heard a "tall man" bard singing about a brave adventurer. You've noticed the name Bahamut again. When he was leaving, you ambushed him and asked what was all this about. He jokingly directed you to the great temple.
Now that you know all about the Platinum Dragon you proudly display his symbol on your shield and tunic covering your armour. As you draw your sword, let evil beware!

23. The Paranoid Gnoll Warlock
In youth you were kept as a slave to a mage. Your main purpose was translating from abyssal to common. You knew there was no point in rebelling. Your only mean of freedom was wondering about the stars above. You always wanted to know what they were doing.
When you grew up a little you've earned some trust from the spellcaster and you were allowed to move more freely around his laboratory. You've found something that sparked your interest - a book on stars. Little did you know that it was a transcript of Revelations of Melech.
After you calmed down you've found your master's body in a few parts and the place wrecked. You've quickly gathered a few trinkets and run away - but not until the night ended. Now you know exactly what stars are doing.
They're watching you.

24. The Uppity Drow Wizard
You are a scholar and you love studying ancient grimoires. Too bad drow library isn't that great and you seem to be surrounded by idiots and fanatics. So in search of knowledge you've went up. You're interested in lore, nothing else. They should understand. Besides, adventuring on surface has become so much of a fashion lately you should fit right in.
Very cool concept!

A bit of a stretch as it goes outside of most warforged creation, but place an abandoned forge and it is plausible.  

18. The Repenting Warforged

You weren't always this way.  Many years ago you were a proud and powerful (insert race).  You were a master of the dark arts and feared nothing save your master (Evil deity of your choice).  As you were about to complete a ritual which would give you ultimate power, something made you doubt.  Was it the look on the dying child's face?  The memory of a loved-one long dead?  Regardless, the ritual failed and your master destroyed your body but spared your soul.

You find yourself in an odd body.  You have metal and stone for skin and wood for muscle.  You've been given a second chance at life.  How?  Why?  Most importantly, will you use this opportunity to right the evils you brought upon the world, or will you instead pick up where you left off?

...out of curiosity: does the name "Sandwich" ring a bell?
Anyway,

Paladin of Awesome
You are a knight of Avandra. While your typical Bahamut worshipper constantly stands vigil against evil wherever it may be, you do that too but in a totally awesome way. You are not as much interested in being honorable and noble and doing things for a greater good rather than leaping over burning chasms to punch a demon in the face or sliding down a long stairway on your shield. You spread Avandra's word through stupid, unecessary, but most of all, really cool stunts that often leave you sprawled over the floor with singed eyebrows, laughing while throwing a thumbs-up to the sky.
Luck favors the bold, and you are tripplebold, a daredevil through and through.

Kobold
You are a kobold. Is this awesome?
Y/N
Seriously though, kobold anythings can get some pretty cool characters going. I think I've mentioned my kobold adaption of Berserker's Guts (or Gattsu, I don't know) but I've seen things like a megalomanic kobold trying to achieve dragonhood, a cheery inventor and builder of many things and, of course, Deekin. A kobold travelling around with a party already means that this kobold is very different from any other. They still retain some essential traits and have much to learn from their fellow party members (unless you are playing a kobold-only game) but all in all they are very unique and have great potential.
No.  No it doesn't.  Why?

...out of curiosity: does the name "Sandwich" ring a bell?

13. The innocent warlock
You grew up normally, with nothing significant happening apart from mysterious loss of your father shortly after your birth. However, one day you started shooting fire from your fingertips all of a sudden and you are feeling alien energy flowing through you. From the local mages you've learned that the source of your power is infernal and normally it would require to sign a pact with a fiend to gain it. You wouldn't know how to summon a devil and you don't remember signing anything. What is the meaning of this? Does it have something to do with your father's death?

Player in one of my games used a similar concept for an eladrin fey warlock.  Inherited his father's sword which later in life began awakening powers within him.  his father had made the fey pact, and the price was his father's eternal service/life.  The reward goes to the son with no cost.

27. The Gnoll Who Became a Slave, the Slave Who Became a Barbarian.

He was from a relatively peaceful Gnoll Community. They were not of the Butcher's Brood, they followed the sprirts of the World.  He was young, and was training as an apprentice to his tribe's shaman, learning the names of the guardian Primal Spirits of his tribe.  His tribe was attacked and slaughtered, taking the fall for the crimes of an evil marauding gnoll tribe.  the mercenaries who did the deed took him, since he was young, and sold him into slavery.  Forced to do labor, he grew stronger, and was thrown into gladiator pits to fight for the amusement of others.  One of his first battles was against a great black panther, and he slew the beast.  Then, before the eyes of his disgusted audience, he thanked Swift Panther for the gift of one of its children, and devoured it on the spot.  He felt the spirit's presence, and recalled more of his childhood training.  Freed from a life of slavery by itinerant adventurers, he now wanders, calling on the spirits of his tribe to infuse him with theri power in combat.  But he fears his rage, fears that incomplete was his training, and by giving in to rage, he may be falling under the sway of the Butcher.

28. The Dragonborn Penitent

Dragonborn are proud, brave warriors.  Everyone knows this.  And [character name] was no exception.  He is fearless, he is bold, he champions noble causes.  And he ahs a secret.  As a youngling, his clan was wiped out in an attack by marauding orcs.  Though he had learned to fight at his age, he was overcome with fear when he saw his father, whom he thought invincible, fall to the orcs' axes.  He fled and he hid, to his shame.  He has resolved to never shy away from his duty again.  He is determined to redeem himself.  He will do good in this world and protect others, or he will die in the attempt.

Most suited for Defender classes.

The Charming Rake

He was handsome, no doubt about that.  Naturally talented with music, magic, and blade, he was equally talented with people, especially the fairer sex.  He left his hometown at a young age, due to a 'misunderstanding' over the sanctity of the mayor's daughter's bedroom, and the apparent carelessness she had about securing her jewelry.  He adventures not because of any personal desire to better the world, but becaise the tales of heroes echo through the ages.  Everything around him is potentially a verse or line in an epic that will be remembered forever.  His life is exciting and full of change and surprises.  There are more stories to be told, more songs to be sung, more glory to be had, and more women to be wooed.

No.  No it doesn't.  Why?

No reason.

The Actor
The stereotypical paladin archetype, combined with "Ancient hero from the past who swore to rise from the grave when his home country needed him the most," but is actually a bard that was dressed up for a play when the adventure started and got swept into the heroic world-saving shtick.

23. The Paranoid Gnoll Warlock
In youth you were kept as a slave to a mage. Your main purpose was translating from abyssal to common. You knew there was no point in rebelling. Your only mean of freedom was wondering about the stars above. You always wanted to know what they were doing.
When you grew up a little you've earned some trust from the spellcaster and you were allowed to move more freely around his laboratory. You've found something that sparked your interest - a book on stars. Little did you know that it was a transcript of Revelations of Melech.
After you calmed down you've found your master's body in a few parts and the place wrecked. You've quickly gathered a few trinkets and run away - but not until the night ended. Now you know exactly what stars are doing.
They're watching you.

Possibly the coolest one I have seen so far! I think I will steal this for my minotaur warlock!

So many PCs, so little time...
Thanks! Here's another one:

31. He Who Will Be
You were born under unusual circumstances. Throughout your childhood you've shown extraordinary wisdom and an unusually kind heart. As you've reached adulthood, despite never being particularly devout to a single deity, you've became infused with divine energy, usually seen only among chosen few. Since then you've also came to see the name you've been using as false, but you don't know what your real name might be. You intend to use your newfound powers for good and mercy, as you've always been a peaceful soul. There is only one thing that you abhor - infernal influence. No one knows why are you so much repulsed by the devils (more so than average person), but you feel they're hiding something of great importance to people,  the world, the universe and you in particular.
These are neat.

32. The Boxer
Most adventurers use swords, spears and axes. This not your style. You use your fists. A monk? No the heck you are NOT! None of the mambly-pambly meditiation crap for you! You're more the running up the steps to city hall with a montage playing kind of guy, not the sitting under a waterfall for an hour type. You generally use two spiked guantlets, after all it'd look pretty silly for you to have a shield and then punch something, not to mention a little awkward. Some may think you foolish for getting to grappling distance with your enemy; you prove that you're not when you step away from an enemy you just pummled.
Suggested Classes: Maurader Ranger, Brawler (only one spiked gauntlet) or Tempest (two gauntlets)  Fighter, Whirling Barbarian
33. The Honor-seeking Dwarf
You carry a great burden that is your clan name. Your ancestors have been dishonorable and tales of their deeds are known wider than just your kin. You cannot live with such shame. You've brought upon yourself to redeem your clan, to wipe the disgrace off your family tree and give your name the grace it possibly never had.
34. The Muck-Raking Journalist
Other adventurers seek treasure and power. You seek The Story. You will go to almost any ends to uncover Corruption, be it Corporate or Government. A rumor that one of the Masked Lords is being controlled by an Illithid? A powerful grain magnate prospering despite his fellows misfortunes at the hands of pirates? A drop in githerzerai raids but an increase in the presense of Neogi... and an increase in unexplained disappearances? You, Journalist Adventurer, are on the case!

35. Sentinel
You are a hero who has reached the end of your path, but, unbeknowest to you, your true adventure has just begun. You are a person who is destined to protect the multiverse from would-be destroyers, the master of reality itself. As you finish your mortal story, your immortal one begins... (This is a continuation for those who wish to play after completing their epic destiny...)

36. Tom Boy:

You're from a very conservative and tight-knit community.  The men labor in field and forge, and women rule the hearth.  Your sister was the first girl born to a family of six sons, and was the apple of your father's eye.  You were the second daughter, and the last of eight in every way.

Resentful of the attention your prettier older sister got, you decided to be one of the boys.  They enjoyed the novelty of it at first, and as you beat them at their own games amusement grew into admiration.  You can run, climb, spit and fight better than any of them, and by damn, the whole village better not forget it.

Some of the more ambitious boys in the village tried to court you in hopes of earning renown as a tamer of wild beasts, but you've bloodied enough of them that no man in the village will have you.  Since your chances of getting married off are slim, and you'll never be allowed to do a man's work, your prospects are apprenticeship with the old crone who sets bones and brews potions, or life on the road.

"Cheer up, papa.  Don't think of it as paying good money for a sword; think of it as saving good money on a dowry!"

"When Friday comes, we'll all call rats fish." D&D Outsider

37.  Dirty Copper:

The proudest day in your life was the day you were sworn into the City Watch to join your father on the walls.  You trained your whole life for this, because it's what your family has done for six generations.  Being a Good Copper was, for you, the meaning of life.

Your father, you discovered, fell well short of that mark.  He had a weakness for gambling, and when he died two years ago, you inherited his substantial debt to an influential (and thoroughly crooked) moneylender.  Since then, he has been making you work off your family's debt, giving you odd jobs around the city calling in markers, escorting his people and occasionally making sure certain questions were not asked by the Watch.  It was humiliating, dirty work, but what choice did you have?  Had you refused, your mother, your sister and her new husband would have suffered for your father's sins.  So you kept your mouth shut and you did as you were told.

Now all that has changed.  A fire in the young man's shop claimed all of their lives, leaving you alone in the world and breaking the moneylender's only hold over you, or so you thought.  Before the fire had even ceased to smolder, a man found you and reminded you of the things you've done, and what it would mean for those things to be discovered by your fellow Watchmen.

Now what?  The man owns your life, but after all you've done, what is that even worth?

37.  Dirty Copper:

The proudest day in your life was the day you were sworn into the City Watch to join your father on the walls.  You trained your whole life for this, because it's what your family has done for six generations.  Being a Good Copper was, for you, the meaning of life.

Your father, you discovered, fell well short of that mark.  He had a weakness for gambling, and when he died two years ago, you inherited his substantial debt to an influential (and thoroughly crooked) moneylender.  Since then, he has been making you work off your family's debt, giving you odd jobs around the city calling in markers, escorting his people and occasionally making sure certain questions were not asked by the Watch.  It was humiliating, dirty work, but what choice did you have?  Had you refused, your mother, your sister and her new husband would have suffered for your father's sins.  So you kept your mouth shut and you did as you were told.

Now all that has changed.  A fire in the young man's shop claimed all of their lives, leaving you alone in the world and breaking the moneylender's only hold over you, or so you thought.  Before the fire had even ceased to smolder, a man found you and reminded you of the things you've done, and what it would mean for those things to be discovered by your fellow Watchmen.

Now what?  The man owns your life, but after all you've done, what is that even worth?

Wow. There would be 2 options: Let things go right and risk losing your badge, or hunt down all those who wish to unveil the deeds. One is good-aligned, the other truly evil...

Also:

38. Vengeful Gladiator
You, after a long toil in the ring, have emerged as a very formidable fighter. You decide that, now that your martial prowress is excellent, it is now time to retaliate against your overseers. What opposition will you face? How strong are the overseers really? These questions are for later, for all you know is that blood will spill for your torment!
39. Fledgling God
You are not truly a fledgling god, and you are perfectly aware of that fact. Your powers are great indeed, however, and your silver tongue and sheer force of personality have served you well in the past. Now, as you succeed in battle after battle, you begin to question: Could you convince people that you are indeed a godling, and start your own religion? More than that, could you possibly fool even the universe into believing your elaborate lie? 

The original core books said that this was our game too. It doesn't feel like that anymore.

22. The Bullywug Paladin
Time ago, when you were still fresh from being a 'pole, you went out on patrol with a few fellows. You've encountered a weird man. Clearly a threat to the tribe, you attacked him. He killed all but you with ease, shouting about some Bahamut fellow. He spared you "to let your kin surrender", but you were too busy being awestruck by this display of power.
When sneaking around halfling village, you've heard a "tall man" bard singing about a brave adventurer. You've noticed the name Bahamut again. When he was leaving, you ambushed him and asked what was all this about. He jokingly directed you to the great temple.
Now that you know all about the Platinum Dragon you proudly display his symbol on your shield and tunic covering your armour. As you draw your sword, let evil beware!

Greatest concept ever.

Wow. There would be 2 options: Let things go right and risk losing your badge, or hunt down all those who wish to unveil the deeds. One is good-aligned, the other truly evil...

. . . or you could hand in your uniform and walk another path, one that took you out of this stinking city.  You've got some light armor and weapons and the training to use them, keen powers of observation and enough exposure to criminal society to know where to find all the wrong tools and people.  There's got to be a career in that somewhere.

. . . or you could hand in your uniform and walk another path, one that took you out of this stinking city.  You've got some light armor and weapons and the training to use them, keen powers of observation and enough exposure to criminal society to know where to find all the wrong tools and people.  There's got to be a career in that somewhere.

Ok then, that is another path, probably the neutral one...
40. The Baggins
You liked your life uneventful - you were living quite comfortably, day by day, feeling happy and content. If any of those "adventuring" types ever visited you, you'd tell them to have a nice day and live you alone.
But something went horribly wrong and you're knee deep in adventure now. You know this is going to be a huge headache, yet there's nothig you could do about it.
41. Bipolar Druid.
In your human form, you're meek, shy, skittish, even outright cowardly. When you take on your wild shape, your personality changes completely, becoming belligerent, angry, brave, or entirely beserk.

(For some reason this works better with female druids.)

>_>

<_<
Leaders are fifth wheels - the steering one.
41. Bipolar Druid.
In your human form, you're meek, shy, skittish, even outright cowardly. When you take on your wild shape, your personality changes completely, becoming belligerent, angry, brave, or entirely beserk.

(For some reason this works better with female druids.)

>_>

<_<

I wonder how long that her companions could bare her.... Or is she only defiant towards her foes?
Well, that depends on what you want to do. I'm not settign exact limits on the character's behaviour here.

I would say she only acts defiant towards unfamiliar and/or hostile people / monsters.
Leaders are fifth wheels - the steering one.