3/25/2010 TD: "How Extended Works"

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
That seems more diverse than the last few tours Ive read about.  I hope RoE is good.
Yasunori's all in red deck features 4 magus of the moon and 4 blood moon in the main deck, yet there is a magus of the moon in the sideboard. Is this a typo, or some wierd tactic?
scapeshift zoo is sooooooo much fun
though I like vinelasher kudzu in the main
For example, you aren't empty; you attack; your opponent shrugs; you play a bunch of mid-combat fast mana ...Rite of Flame,

Does Flores know that Rite Of Flame is a sorcery?

It appears he doesn't....

There have been a few errors lately, mtg.com really REALLY needs a proof-reader methinks.

"Personally, I believe $50 is the roof that someone will pay for a Standard card, Mythic or otherwise." - Ben Bleiweiss, StarCity Games ----------------------------------------------------------
Most people forget that Rite of Flame is a Sorcery. I remember in Dragonstorm's Worlds win the coverage team made that mistake, but got quickly corrected. Even so, someone should edit that part of the article.
Yasunori's all in red deck features 4 magus of the moon and 4 blood moon in the main deck, yet there is a magus of the moon in the sideboard. Is this a typo, or some wierd tactic?

Presumably a typo.  With 61 cards in the main deck, it's probably supposed to be just 3 Magus in the main deck for a 60 card deck.
Why is the all-in red deck running all snow mountains? I can't find a card in the decklist that cares about it.
Why is the all-in red deck running all snow mountains? I can't find a card in the decklist that cares about it.

So people think he's playing Skred.

Wow...
Rite of Consumption in Extended. I haven't been following Extended that much this season, but that comes as somewhat as a surprise.

Orzhova Witness

Restarting Quotes Block
58086748 wrote:
58335208 wrote:
Disregard women acquire chase rares.
There are a lot of dudes for whom this is not optional.
97820278 wrote:
144532521 wrote:
How;s a 2 drop 1/2, Flying broken? What am I missing?
You're missing it because *turns Storm Crows sideways* all your base are belong to Chuck Norris and every other overused meme ever.
For example, you aren't empty; you attack; your opponent shrugs; you play a bunch of mid-combat fast mana ...Rite of Flame,

Does Flores know that Rite Of Flame is a sorcery?

IIRC, Mike said in a recent podcast that he submits the articles saying stuff like "play a bunch of rituals."  (As we've discussed, he loves his slang.)  The editor sends it back and says "you need to define "rituals", people won't know what it means.

So I suspect that sentence was written in two separate sessions.  At first he just said "Rituals" and let it stand, then he later changed the prhase and included Rite of Flame by name, but wasn't really thinking about the context anymore.

Or maybe he just thinks Rite is instant.  Easy mistake to make.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Good info, Amarsir.

Most likely that's the case.

But anyway, yeah, they need more editing.  I've seen mistakes (GRAMMAR mistakes) on many of the articles.

Also, Mike REALLY likes his slang.  I've been reading for a very long time and even I lose some of it.  Especially deck names.  (Change 1 card, now it has a new deck name?)