The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

1324 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is here to introduce yourself to this forum group of regular posters, the OTTers. Tell us about yourself. Share your interests and other tid bits you'd like us to know. Give us an idea about your gaming interests and gaming history. Don't be shy! Let us know you

If you're not sure what to say, here are some questions it would be nice to have you answer:

How long have you been gaming?
What kind of gaming are you into (board games, RPGs, etc.)?
If you don't mind sharing, what is your name, age, and location?

Wanted: Cute Male Gamer - 25+ but not old!! Must have EXCELLENT oral hygiene and a job. PM all inquiries Wheeee

OK I will start

My name is Melissa. I'm 34, single, and I have a 17 yr old daughter. I live in Northern California in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

I love to game - whether it's RPGs, video games such as Halo on xbox live, or board games. I'm very competitive and love to win but I also like colaborative gaming such as D&D. I'm currently a GM for the first time running a 4th ed D&D game. I'm very social and out-going. I'm very honest and if you ask me a question be prepared for the honest answer I will give.

So hello everyone!

Wanted: Cute Male Gamer - 25+ but not old!! Must have EXCELLENT oral hygiene and a job. PM all inquiries Wheeee
I'm pretty new here, so here goes!

I'm Jeff, 23 years old, and I prefer to DM whenever possible. I'd go so far as to say that DMing is the "bees knees". At least I think that's what the cool kids say these days.

I live in Colorado, and have a pretty solid game group. Modern Warfare 2 uses up some of my time, too, but reading history is also a passion of mine.
Check out my new blog! http://community.wizards.com/mirri-sthebest/blog/ I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
I am Adam, Prince of Eternia and defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer... my "fearless" friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said... By the power of Greyskull! I have the power!!

...at least some of it is true.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
My name is Raymond Luxury Yacht. I live on Mars, with my 86648243 pet fish.
ResidentDie-hard 3.x supporter! 12833.png I don't resent 4E. I just see its players as... misguided by its oversimplicity. I DO resent the original marketing for it, though.
Hello. I am Zack Buntin, and I am currently 18 years old.

I've started D&D last year with 3.5 edition, and then I started going into 4th edition in the middle of last year, so I have some inside info on the basic mechanics of 4e D&D (although I do not have my books with me at the moment...)

I am into the tabletop version of D&D, but I do like other board games, and I'm also creating an RPG that is sort of based from the mechanics of D&D, but it has a futuristic feel to it, and it has a completely different feel of mood-- basically the game is nostalgic in a way. The game is titled the Magi Chronicles RPG.
I like Play-by-Post games as well, and there is a PbP version of the Magi Chronicles RPG in my group forums.

Resident Paladin of Insane Imaginations

PbP Haven Group (Relocated) & My Groups
If you missed the old Play-by-Post Haven, don't fret! You still have a chance to play with others in the community! Click here to go to the new Play-by-Post Haven!

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Heroes' Last Stand; Worlds Abroad; City of Ruins
Currently playing in:
Worlds Abroad (Nelasene, Human Dreamweaver -- Lv. 22; Raiann Firescale, Dragonborn Arcane Monk -- Lv. 22)
Fable [4e] (Karinna, Dragonborn Warlord -- Lv. 1)
Lolth's Purging: Shadows of Treachery (Kuri Evanglar, Shardmind Wizard -- Lv. 15)
City of Ruins [Kobold City] (Karnat Lightsoul, Kobold Cleric -- Lv. 1)
City of Ruins [Frozen Citadel] (Xeadin, Human Paladin -- Lv. 1)

Mirthomir (Enara Harpsong, Eladrin Wizard -- Lv. 1)
Last Breaths of Ashenport (Malkary Runestone, Goliath Runepriest -- Lv. 8)
D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Miss playing in a Modern setting? Want to get a group together? Don't miss out on the brand new opportunity to do so in the Modern Worlds Haven forums

Wanna have fun with the monster creator in the DMG or on the DDI website, and don't know where else to put them?

Post your unique creations here in any one of the threads matching the first letter of your monster. You can post as many creations as you like.
Happy building! ;)

D&D Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki

Expand your D&D game with the Dungeons & Dragons Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki!

Covers everytihng from Canon to 3.5 Homebrew and Open game content, and even to Homebrew 4e content. Will soon have content from my upcoming RPG.

Hrm.  I'll bite.

I'm a bloke who at the moment works at a library and goes to school at a university in the middle of New Mexico, 25, name of [MESSAGE REDACTED].

Most of my RPG experience is with D&D (3.x and 4th), though I've tried a variety of other systems/games, and my general idea is that if you have an idea for a game, we can find a system that's close enough.  I also enjoy other non-traditional board games, like Settlers of Catan, Powergrid, Gulliotine, Mucnkin, and so-on.  Even introduced my partner's mother to Settlers of Catan, and she's gotten hooked and recruited other bored stay-at-home wives to play with her.  It's quite amusing.

As for myself... eh.  I'm opinionated, elitist, more then a bit of a jerk.  And yes, I think I'm better then you.  While I have no illusions of making a career of it, I do doodle and sketch, and to show off my amateur pieces I include links to my most recent stuff down in my sig.  You may now go "ooh" and "awww".
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
I love to game - whether it's RPGs, video games such as Halo on xbox live...

I'm absolutely horrible at shooting aliens in Halo on the XBox.  Give me a mouse and keyboard any day of the week.
Hullo one and all

I'm Mark from Cheshire, Britain. I was born in 1971 and have lived within the same five-mile radius all my life. I'm a Database Adminstrator (SQL Server) with a large local company and live with my wife and various animals.

I've been D & D'ing since the very early days of high school (early 1980s), starting with the Red Box Basic set, moving onto Expert as we levelled up, also playing the Blue Books AD & D in parallel, We also dabbled in Runequest, Traveller and a curious "James Bond" RPG in those days.

After meeting my wife in the early 1990s, we invested in the "First Quest: introduction to Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition" set, and later the 3.5 core ruleset with the addition of the Dragonomicon and the Ghost Walk campaign expansion.

To be fair, we never really got all that far with playing due to lack of time, but this week we have rekindled our interest, ordered the 4e core ruleset and printed off the "How To Start" info from here at WOTC. I hope Nicola will be creating her first character this evening.

We will be mainly playing "duets", as we don't have anyone close by who could expand the party, but Nicola is quite happy to take on a couple of characters once she gets going.

My other hobbies include video-gaming, keeping tropical and marine fish, reading, science and history.
Hello I'm Daniel [Last Name] of the [Area] [Last Name]s. I was born on [Month] [Date] 1993.

I like tabletop RPGs, and currently working on my own.

I wuv piggies! :D

Other hobbies: At the moment I'm really into Runes of Magic.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Hello I'm Daniel [Last Name] of the [Area] [Last Name]s. I was born on [Month] [Date] 1993.

I like tabletop RPGs, and currently working on my own.

I wuv piggies! :D

Other hobbies: At the moment I'm really into Runes of Magic.

Eeek I graduated HS in 1993! I'm getting O L D
Eeek I graduated HS in 1993! I'm getting O L D

As I tell my uncle, you're only as old as you act.  And now he always insists on sitting at the "kid's table" at family events.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Hello, my name is {insert}. I am a {insert}-year old male, currently living in {insert}. I am a {insert}, I enjoy {insert}, long {insert} on the {insert} and {insert}. I play various {insert} weekly, and enjoy {insert} as well. Glad to have had this {insert} to say {insert}. G'day!
Hello, my name is {insert}. I am a {insert}-year old male, currently living in {insert}. I am a {insert}, I enjoy {insert}, long {insert} on the {insert} and {insert}. I play various {insert} weekly, and enjoy {insert} as well. Glad to have had this {insert} to say {insert}. G'day!

This almost sounds naughty - with all the "inserting" going on. Keep it clean would ya? lol
"Clean"? Is that kinda like the reverse of dirtyfrank then?
"Clean"? Is that kinda like the reverse of dirtyfrank then?

No, that's Mr. Clean you're thinking about.

Since you asked for it here is my life story.

Hello, i'm ****** ***** ***** but you can call me dirty. I'm quite tall, dark and handsome for a German/Italian guy. I'm roughly 22 years of age. I'm also doing that whole college thing. I guess I have this delusion that I might make something of myself at some point in my life. Anyways it seems some university wants me so they let me in. Well at least i get to stay in California for now.

I sometimes play games. I play that D&D game sometimes. Well i guess i play but really at times it just feels like i'm baby sitting adults. Another game thingy i play is Travian. Some poster named KillerGM got me into it and so now i'm kinda hooked. Thanks.

I like RPGs but have only played D&D as far as PnP ones go. I've played many different PC and console RPGs but many of them turn into lots of grind. Although stories are usually good so yay. As far as other type of games i like those would be RTS like games. Although these can often end up with a bit of grind as well.

As for how long i've been gaming, i've been gaming for some amount of time. Video games started when i was kinda a young lad on the nintendo. Some years later i started playing some on the computer. I wanna say maybe very early teens or a bit before my teen years. My first D&D experiences were as a sorta LARP thingy as a young child. I wouldn't be introduced back into D&D until about my computer days when i played some PC D&D games. And a bit after that i started getting into that PnP D&D junk. So around 3.5. well 3.5 is when i started playig it but i do have the 2e rule books and have read through them a bit. just never had anybody around to play them with. So i've been gaming much of my life but the style of game has changed kinda quite a bit from time to time.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

I like turtles!
Linger longer?
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

My name is John, though I go by several nicknames (most of them are the names of fictional characters who my friends said reminded them of me).  I'm thirty, and I live in Michigan.  I'm currently working on my business degree and using the humanities requirement as an excuse to learn Japanese (if you've guessed that I love anime & manga, you get a :cookie.  I'm not terribly outgoing or in very good shape, but I am working on both of those.  I am a fencer, a writer, teaching myself to draw, and trying to create my own martial art.  I live with my elderly father and don't plan to move out (he'll probably just need me to move back in with him in a few years anyway).

I've been playing tabletop RPGs since I was 11, an older neighbor introduced me to AD&D 2e at the time.  I eventually switched to Palladium's Games (IMO, a better alternative than AD&D 2e), and played Robotech, Rifts, Nightbane, and heroes unlimited for about a decade.  I decided to get back into D&D once I heard of 3e, and eventually found D20 Modern, BESM d20, and SWSE.  During the 3e/D20Modern/3.5 era, I experimented with other systems: Cinematic Unisystem (the BtVS, Angel, and Army of Darkness RPGs), and the Battletech RPG.

I've also played miniatures games and card games (mostly Heroclix, Mechwarrior Dark Age and MtG).  I've since learned that collectible games are such that only the wealthy or unnaturally lucky get the best pieces/cards, so I abandoned them in favor of non-collectible games like Classic Battletech.  I also enjoy video games, but I decided not to buy a new game console after my original x-box died.  The new consoles cost so much, I might as well just buy a new computer and play computer games instead.  This is a growing likelihood for me, since some of the games I see advertised are also available on PC.  I used to play World of Warcraft for about two years.  I liked it as a video game, but felt the rp potential was too limited.  Once I got to the endgame content, I quickly got sick of grinding for gear, rep, and materials to make gear.  In the end, I decided to cancel my subscription after realizing I hadn't played in a whole month.

I briefly tried the LARPing thing for a few months.  I liked it.  Of course, I don't have the cash or sewing/makeup skills for a really good costume.  I also got sick of how too much of the combat was dependent on real-world ability.  A few of us had combat sports or military training, and it's insane to see a wizard beat a warrior with melee weapons because the wizard's player has been fencing or learned to use a staff at their local martial arts dojo.  I'm also pretty out of shape, so all the walking and running was really hard on my knees.  Plus I hate bugs, and the smell of insect repellent makes me queasy.

As far as roleplaying goes.  I like to challenge myself.  I used to just play humans, but I quickly got bored with the same-old same-old.  It got so bad that I would create a lot of characters just for the fun of making the backstory, then never play them because I knew I'd tire of them.  So I stated playing other races, genders, sexualities, etc.  I still do elaborate flavor text for my characters (my last wizard had three hand-written pages covering appearance of herself and her gear, her personality/motivations, and her history), but I don't get bored of them anymore.  I usually like adult themes in my rpgs; not just stuff like sexuality, but also thought-provoking stuff like you find in good sci-fi.

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

I'm Brad, Married (last July to Sandy), 34, we both game. I dig Diablo II: Lord of Destruction and D&D but haven't been gaming long. I recently got my wife into it so it's all good at my house.
Resident Quitter Those that say, "It cannot be done!" should not interupt those doing it-Somebody The guy in the middle. Night Janitor in the House of Trolls.
Devin, I'm 21 and I've been gaming since I was about 10 or 11 I'd say. It's all a blur at this point. I'm a big fan of 4th Ed, my first game was in 3rd and in between I discovered Unknown Armies. My favorite non-Tabletop games are Dominion and Puerto Rico, I know, original right?
I'm one of the minds behind the Avatar the Last Airbender 4e Project. We're about a quarter of the way through releasing the revised PDF, containing all four bender classes, paragon paths, epic destinies and a menagerie of feats and items from the show. Come by and lend your mind to the swarm.
When did this thread get made?
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Okay, see that grey bar above your posts? It gives you the exact date and time of the post's submission. All posts have it. It's a good indicator of when a thread was started .

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory

Three weeks ago on March 24th.

IN THE FUTURE!
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

Like anyone reads Original Posts in OTT :-p  Reading an original post in this forum especially after 2 pages, is much akin to coming into a conversation 20 minutes late after it's rambled on for three different topics. :-p

This tip was brought to you by Goody's headache powder.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Oh, speaking of RPG's and introductions, might I add that I've been making a couple of RPG's myself?

One of them is actually complete and is ready for game play. Magi Chronicles: Destinies of the Old Civilization

I'm looking for more players to join, and its open for everyone. So far, there is no maximum player limit.

If you missed the old Play-by-Post Haven, don't fret! You still have a chance to play with others in the community! Click here to go to the new Play-by-Post Haven!

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:
Worlds Abroad (Nelasene, Human Dreamweaver -- Lv. 22; Raiann Firescale, Dragonborn Arcane Monk -- Lv. 22)
Lolth's Purging: Shadows of Treachery (Kuri Evanglar, Shardmind Wizard -- Lv. 15)

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Miss playing in a Modern setting? Want to get a group together? Don't miss out on the brand new opportunity to do so in the Modern Worlds Haven forums

Wanna have fun with the monster creator in the DMG or on the DDI website, and don't know where else to put them?

Post your unique creations here in any one of the threads matching the first letter of your monster. You can post as many creations as you like.
Happy building! ;)

Expand your D&D game with the Dungeons & Dragons Homebrew and Open Game Content Wiki!

Covers everytihng from Canon to 3.5 Homebrew and Open game content, and even to Homebrew 4e content. Will soon have content from my upcoming RPG.

Oh, speaking of RPG's and introductions, might I add that I've been making a couple of RPG's myself?

One of them is actually complete and is ready for game play. Magi Chronicles: Destinies of the Old Civilization

I'm looking for more players to join, and its open for everyone. So far, there is no maximum player limit.

None of your posts have ever really given a good description of what this IS.  I've looked at the wiki a bit, but nothing really jumps out to hook someone in. You really need to sell it better I think.
Sir Casm, Lord of the Oblivious
I hear it and think D&D knock-off.
MTG Card

Hello, Im doug. I Play D&D regularly.
hai, my naem iz john adn i liek 4e.

i thnik taht teh poewr sistim iz grate adn taht its better tahn evry othre gaem out theyr.

i come form teh interwebs.
lol i saw taht evryone eles has oen of theses sew i wanted oen.
G'day all, Cloqwurk signing in!
I am Adam, Prince of Eternia and defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer... my "fearless" friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said... By the power of Greyskull! I have the power!!

...at least some of it is true.

Classic. Laughing

Anyway, I'm Steven. Or Stevil, to some. I've been posting here maybe a week or so, as I've just recently begun investing in D&D again. Nice to meet you all. Feel free to add me to your friends list, I have no one on it so far. Tongue out
"As a minor action [disarm] is even less of a 'detraction from fun,' as if somehow occasionally having a penalty in a strategy-based miniatures game is 'unfun'. Obviously, Luke wasn't having fun in the ice cave, so the DM remembered he couldn't be disarmed and gave him his light saber back..." -- EvilVegan
Hi, I'm Mechalibur, or Mecha, or Alex if you really have to call me by my first name.

Claymation scares me.
Resident generic resident.
After a long vacation, I'm back, baby! Yeah! Also - Hi!

<|>

well im new here so here it goes
Howdy my names Trey im 26 from Texas. i join this too see what it was all about and to try to get some gaming back in my area and all that cool stuff and see whats new in the game

How long have you been gaming? well ive been gaming for about 12 years now

What kind of gaming are you into (board games, RPGs, etc.)? well im in to RPG,CCGs,board games and minis

Just as a heads-up, I'm currently creating a new RPG (It's actually a Role-playing Strategy game) Called Empires. It's a game based on the old world environments, such as D&D.

The game is still in the works, but I'm hoping to finish it as soon as possible.  

Currently active groups
I am DM'ing:
Currently playing in:

D&D Modern Worlds Haven

Happy building! ;)

Hi I'm Steve but my friends call me Pocky. I'm 21 years old living in North NJ. I like to play Video games (I like RPGs), watch anime, and hang with my friends. 

I've played one game of D&D before and it was fun. I kind of didn't know what was going on, and still reall don't know the rules that well. But I'm hoping to find another group of people to play with again. 
Hello. Deadwood Zen here, though Zen would do just fine. My first name is of no concern of importance to you, so don't bother asking ;P

I love anime, RPGs, and music. I'm currently looking for a SWRPG or D&D online pbp or vtt party if anyone needs another player. I'm open to any and all RPGs, new or old, famous or underground, it does not matter to me. Don't know what else to say. Feel free to hit me up here and send me a friend request :]

~Zen
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

12.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - D&D Compendium

I Am A: Chaotic Good Human Bard (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength-12
Dexterity-13
Constitution-13
Intelligence-17
Wisdom-14
Charisma-18

Alignment:
Chaotic Good A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society. Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit. However, chaotic good can be a dangerous alignment because it disrupts the order of society and punishes those who do well for themselves.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

Find out What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?, courtesy of Easydamus (e-mail)

U-um, hello. I'm Nata Trebble Role. I'm a bit of a geek...

Um, I dislike talking to people... they make me nervous...

Even online...

You have a most gentlemanly Avatar Mr. Nata Trebble Role. It certainly inspires confidence and has a certain panache.