3/19/2010 TWTW: "Magic and the Married Man"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I hear that there is another magic store 5 minutes away....go game preserve kids
As a married man I can appreciate the difficulty involved with Simon's win. It was a very interesting article with the facts on this topic.
Don't be too smart to have fun
As a married man I can appreciate the difficulty involved with Simon's win. It was a very interesting article with the facts on this topic.

What does this have to do with Gamerz?

Gamerz has some of the best playerz in Indianapoliz and the surrounding areaz.

Same here. I know married guys are by far the minority at Magic tournaments, but I enjoyed that BDM recognized we're worth adressing. I know my other married friends will enjoy this article as well.

I wish I could go to more Magic tournaments, but it gets harder and harder as I get older and more burdened with responsibility. Marriage involves a lot of time management, and spending a day and a considerable amount of money driving to a PTQ is hard to justify, let alone the days and nights spent testing if you actually want to do well. 

Hi,
Hi. I had to remove some content from this thread because it violates the Code of Conduct
Specifically  sections 3(baiting) and 4 (discussion of illegal activities)

Please keep your content appropriate and polite. Thanks. 
The Spotlight On banner for Gamerz is screwed up; the phone number is in the middle of the URL:
"indyg317.865.1500 | amerz.com"
That is seriously the most pathetic article I have ever read. It's almost depressing. MTG players are such a bunch of socially imparied rejects that the fact one of them is married to a reasonable attractive woman is enoug of a news item to write an article about, let along a featured article.
That is seriously the most pathetic article I have ever read. It's almost depressing. MTG players are such a bunch of socially imparied rejects that the fact one of them is married to a reasonable attractive woman is enoug of a news item to write an article about, let along a featured article.

You don't really believe that, do you? Most of my playgroup from college are married to attractive women (except Allison, because that would be gay, and Mark because he actually is gay).

I really appreciated this article, and if you aren't in the target audience for it, all I have to say is, "Quiet dear. Grownups are talking."

Magic is my anti-girl

Sign In to post comments